Why can't the Jews understand that accepting Jesus is accepting World Peace..... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
Besoeker wrote:Wouldn't there be fewer conflicts if we had no religions?
Holy wars.would have no basis for their existence.
Nor terrorist attacks in their name.

It is likely a religious basis is stopping your neighbor from shooting you because he feels like it.
Organized religion is evil and it is responsible for the success we enjoy.
Rid yourself of right and wrong. We make choices. Being religious or not is a choice. Religion is what ever an individual makes of it. It can cause both harm and good. There is no need to judge it as a whole. It is.
One Degree wrote:It is likely a religious basis is stopping your neighbor from shooting you because he feels like it.

Him not owning a gun is a show stopper even if he felt inclined to do so. And that goes both ways.

Ever so slightly more seriously, his religion has many gods, I have none, and my wife is a hard shell Baptist.
We all get along brilliantly, enjoy each other's company with dining, gardening, walks...........other social activities.

It is not by any means a unique situation. So I don't think your likely is likely.
I think they should bulldoze down the Al-Aqsa Mosque and build the the third Temple. Anyone who complains should be expelled from Israel and the West Bank. We've tried appeasing Muslim terror for 1400 years. Its time to start fighting back. its time to inflict terror on the terrorists.
Rich wrote:I think they should bulldoze down the Al-Aqsa Mosque and build the the third Temple. Anyone who complains should be expelled from Israel and the West Bank. We've tried appeasing Muslim terror for 1400 years. Its time to start fighting back. its time to inflict terror on the terrorists.

What a foolish notion.
Don't you understand that it isn't the building that makes the religion, it is the religion that makes the building?
Your suggested action would lead to more conflicts, not fewer. It is certainly not the way forward for peace.
Besoeker wrote:What a foolish notion.
Don't you understand that it isn't the building that makes the religion, it is the religion that makes the building?
Your suggested action would lead to more conflicts, not fewer. It is certainly not the way forward for peace.

This is what I am genuinely concerned about. I hope the UN continues to protect this site.
Rich wrote:I think they should bulldoze down the Al-Aqsa Mosque and build the the third Temple. Anyone who complains should be expelled from Israel and the West Bank. We've tried appeasing Muslim terror for 1400 years. Its time to start fighting back. its time to inflict terror on the terrorists.

Might makes right? Truly for our world. But is it exit? I don't think so.
Because your definition of 'world' peace is not peace.

The more you think about it, the more you realise the Jews giving up the idea of a Third Temple and doing stuff to the Temple Mount as well as getting back the West Bank(where we all know Micah 5 says the Messiah will be born) would benifit to the future of mankind.

The only people that think building a Third Temple is a good idea for "world peace" are the Ultra-Orthodox... Every one else knows Iran/Hamas/ISIS/anyotherislamicarmyorterroristgroup is going to go "Yippee, the ultimate missile Target Practice!!!".

Why can't they just accept Jesus, for the sake of world peace and realise no third temple is necessary?

They are very selfish people.

It's because peace is built, not "accepted". The idea of the "Third Temple" is to build glory to God. It just doesn't "come". You can't get wheat without planting it. This is just a very pragmatic idea and Judaism, although filled with superstition, is also a very pragmatic way of life.

See, why accept something that won't bring about anything you desire? You promise the world, but you have nothing to show for it. It would be absolutely self-defeating to succumb to naivete.

I don't think any person in their right mind would consider accepting Jesus as some form of path to radiance. Jews, as a people, can be selfish because we have our own way of doing things and that has allowed us to survive even as a dispersed people, but we don't demand you to act in one way or another. Frankly, you took our thing and twisted it because you don't understand the original, at all.

On the other hand, you are calling us selfish for not accepting what you think is right. That is nothing more than selfish and arrogant.

Accepting Jesus is to lose yourself. That is never a good path to "world peace".

I hope this was a good lesson in humility from a triggered Jew. Go preach hate somewhere else.
Besoeker wrote:What a foolish notion.

What's the definition of optimism? Doing something a second time and hoping for a different result.
What's the definition of insanity? Doing something a thousandth time and hoping for a different result.

Appeasing Muslims doesn't work. It a hasn't worked for 1400 years. Its time to confront Islam head on. The Al Aqsa Mosque was built by terrorists. As long as it stands it glorifies terrorism, a living terrorism, not some long dead culture and ideology. Its amazing how people obsess about confederate monuments but ignore the Al Aqsa Mosque. The confederacy is dead, Jim Crow is dead. Its the same with Nazi symbology. Hitler's dead. Himmlers dead. Nazism is over its not coming back. Islam on the other hand. There are more Islamic terrorists alive today than at any other time in history.
danholo wrote:It's because peace is built, not "accepted". The idea of the "Third Temple" is to build glory to God. It just doesn't "come". You can't get wheat without planting it. This is just a very pragmatic idea and Judaism, although filled with superstition, is also a very pragmatic way of life.

See, why accept something that won't bring about anything you desire? You promise the world, but you have nothing to show for it. It would be absolutely self-defeating to succumb to naivete.

So you believe Islam will allow the existence of a Third Temple & the Jews claiming another Messiah?

These are both extreme heresies and would be considered grounds for Jihad on the Jews to the Islamic Religion and you know it.

Please explain how you believe a Third Temple on or near the Holy Mount would be allowed without extreme violence against Israel by Islamic believers(who already have reason to dislike Israel)? And you know Islam believes the Prophet Isa(their ideas on Jesus) is the Messiah, so how do you explain how the Jews will be able to claim another Messiah without any bloodshed???

That is an extremely Naieve position to take in today's post 9/11, and frankly post-Mohammad, world.
I mean I don't understand. Are you trying to pose a religious argument or a political argument? Why don't you propose that Christians and Muslims ditch their fake copy cat religions then? They're the ones proselytizing and spreading that shit all over the place, forcing that down their throats. Maybe they should get a lesson in peace first?

As a religious Islam won't accept anything. Islam won't exist as it is if that happens. It's a messianic idea so it's irrelevant in the real world. And I'm not saying it would happen in reality - that's a ridiculous proposition. Building the Thrid Temple without a Moshiach is a crackpot idea.

But what does this have to with accepting Jesus? Nothing. Leave Jesus out of this.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]