The Existence of Objective Morality: A Debate - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
Verv wrote:I really do mean to sit down and read about it.

Best book on it, period (and I have real a lot of them) is this:

It was written posthumously by Dr. Greg L Bahnsen and edited by Joel McDurmon who also wrote a logic textbook for Christian high schoolers.

https://www.amazon.com/Presuppositional ... 8&qid=&sr=

Its short, brilliant, and a great place to start.
Saeko wrote:Creepy but what did you expect from a religion whose central pillar is necromancy?

The Central Pillar of this ''religion'' of Christianity is a Person, Who Is the Truth. ''necromancy'' is unlawful bringing up and communication with what are thought to be the dead but who mainly are the Demons, and Necromancers, those who establish those communications, are not to be allowed to live.
Saeko wrote:You forgot to mention that this person is also himself a necromancer. *cough* Lazarus *cough*

I did not forget to mention anything like what you say because that doesn't make any sense. Raising a man from the dead and back to life is not the same as attempting to use magick to communicate with spirits.

But even were it the ''same'' or even close to the same, the Creator can do things His created cannot, because of the very nature of Who and What He is.

This is why I laugh at attempts to construct anthropocentric systems of ''objective morality''. Moderns can take their miserable ''ethics'' and ''objective morality'' that isn't centered on the very Standard of Truth-a Person!-and go to the Devil with it. Which is likely...
annatar1914 wrote:I did not forget to mention anything like what you say because that doesn't make any sense. Raising a man from the dead and back to life is not the same as attempting to use magick to communicate with spirits.

Are you saying Jesus is not a necromancer because he only brings people (and himself) back from the dead, but then refuses to talk to them?

And weren't the apostles themselves also necromancers because they claimed to communicate with the spirit of a dead man?

I think I'm starting to understand why Jews are so suspicious of Christianity.

But even were it the ''same'' or even close to the same, the Creator can do things His created cannot, because of the very nature of Who and What He is.

I.e., a necromancer.

Necromancy (/ˈnɛkrəmænsi/)[1][2] is a practice of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge, to bring someone back from the dead, or to use the deceased as a weapon, as the term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft.[3][4]

This is why I laugh at attempts to construct anthropocentric systems of ''objective morality''. Moderns can take their miserable ''ethics'' and ''objective morality'' that isn't centered on the very Standard of Truth-a Person!-and go to the Devil with it. Which is likely...

Well at least my morality doesn't come from a guy who raises the dead and commands his followers to drink blood and eat human flesh.

Oh and he also asks his followers to let his spirit possess them. This just gets creepier and creepier the more you think about it.

Saeko wrote:Are you saying Jesus is not a necromancer because he only brings people (and himself) back from the dead, but then refuses to talk to them?

And weren't the apostles themselves also necromancers because they claimed to communicate with the spirit of a dead man?

I think I'm starting to understand why Jews are so suspicious of Christianity.

I.e., a necromancer.

Well at least my morality doesn't come from a guy who raises the dead and commands his followers to drink blood and eat human flesh.

Oh and he also asks his followers to let his spirit possess them. This just gets creepier and creepier the more you think about it.

There's really no talking to people like you, for despite all your cant, the bottom line is trust and faith in the goodness, love, and mercy of a truly Almighty God, which you because of your slavish attachments to a false ''freedom'' you are presently unwilling to do.

But let's not fool ourselves and each other, the only thing that you wish to understand is power, and so there will come a time when people will see just how little power created beings have.
@annatar1914
Come on Annatar, by all means Christianity is about communicating with spiritual world and calling upon Jesus' s spirit, a man who has died long time ago. Technically it does fall into the definition of necromancy. I understand it has connotation with evil, but who says necromancy can not be a source of good?

Do not let Saeko logically trick you, so she can then go, ha-ha! Look how dumb you are Christians, I can use truth against you to disprove that truth does not exist while using it and not believing in it.
Potemkin wrote::eek:

Well spotted. That deserves a like.

Nonetheless, I notice you have found your way back into this thread Pote. You have an eager audience waiting for your position on this subject. Care to weight in? I know VS would appreciate it as it is the very reason for its existence. We layman are nothing compared to the masterful mind that is yours and not worthy of an opinion apparently.
annatar1914 wrote:There's really no talking to people like you, for despite all your cant, the bottom line is trust and faith in the goodness, love, and mercy of a truly Almighty God,

What goodness? What love? What mercy?

The only goodness, love, and mercy I've ever seen have come from humans.
Albert wrote:@annatar1914
Come on Annatar, by all means Christianity is about communicating with spiritual world and calling upon Jesus' s spirit, a man who has died long time ago. Technically it does fall into the definition of necromancy. I understand it has connotation with evil, but who says necromancy can not be a source of good?

The Bible.
Saeko wrote:What goodness? What love? What mercy?

The only goodness, love, and mercy I've ever seen have come from humans.

The clip seems to have been pulled on YT, but there's a great scene of Hannibal discussing how he collects newspaper clippings/whatever of church collapses around the world. His point is something like, "So 50 church-goers died when the roof collapsed on them as they prayed. How do you think that made God feel? Powerful." :)
Decky wrote:He's a Prod he probably doesn't believe in the literal truth of Jesus coming back from the dead

Aren't you an atheist? Don't you deny this and the literal existence of God altogether?

:lol:
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Aren't you an atheist? Don't you deny this and the literal existence of God altogether?

:lol:

God sent his son to come and save all of our souls from the forces of darkness, in 1945 we saw his miracles worked in Königsberg, Dresden, Berlin etc.

Christ may have been the first Communist God sent to earth but Stalin was the best one.

Take that capitalist swine!
Decky wrote:God sent his son to come and save all of our souls from the forces of darkness, in 1945 we saw his miracles worked in Königsberg, Dresden, Berlin etc.

Christ may have been the first Communist God sent to earth but Stalin was the best one.

At least your owning up to your hypocrisy and insanity. I am glad you left the ranks of this sort of cult @annatar1914

Decky wrote:Take that capitalist swine!

Yeah, Jesus was not a communist.

That is something believed by the scripturally illiterate, which is not surprising coming from a faux-papist.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:scripturally illiterate

Acts 2:44-45

And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common; and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need.

Acts 4:32

And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them.

Acts 4:34-37

For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales and lay them at the apostles' feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need.

:)

The thing about this particular right wing can el […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/22/no-eviden[…]

Victoria Nuland called. She wants her ahistoric[…]

As is usually the case, I am right. I was […]