Describe your religious beliefs please - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
I didn't post this in the spirituality forum because atheists are welcome here.

What is your religious beliefs? If you believe that we evolve without the help of a supernatural entity, explain what Faith you have regarding the big bang and evolution. I consider faith in the big bang, and faith in the energy that caused the big bang, as well as faith in one species evolving into another, 2B religion as well.

My Religion is Shinto. ( I request from the MODS that I could share a personal YouTube on this thread about my religious beliefs. I know that as a general rule my YouTube's are confined to one thread, but thought if I asked nicely, an exception to that rule could be made , because I only have a phone, so long explanations about what I call "American state Shinto", and the Religion of Fascism takes about 15 to 20 minutes to adequately explain which would be really time consuming and annoying to text it all via phone. )

I also have some YouTube's of me pulling all-nighters at cemeteries burning incense to the dead and summoning spirits, as well as creating Shinto shrines in the wilderness (framed pictures of deceased souls whose remains we're never found and laid to rest. I make a primitive shrine and altar which I plant flowers before . I'd like to be able to share my YouTube's related to Shintoism on this thread but I respect your decision. )

I accept Jesus as Lord and savior, believe in his divinity, believe in the Father and the paraclete, believe the Virgin Mary to be "Mother of God" and my spirit-mother and advocate, kind of like a defense attorney who goes before her son and intercedes for my sinful sorry pimple ass, as only a mother can do in the courtroom, as mothers will beg the judge with tears to spare the lives of the most worthless shitheads, psychopaths, sociopaths, and monsters.

But Wait a minute, I believe that and believe Jesus rose from the dead, therefore I'm Christian right? No!

I reject Scripture because it says stupid shit like "call no man your Father", then Paul writes, "I am your Father", Steven calls Abraham his Father, and the book of Revelation says all kinds of mind-blowing, brain-fucking , stupid horseshit , that leads Christians to hate and kill each other!!

For instance, the book of Revelation leads Christians to believe Pope Francis is the 666 Antichrist beast of the Apocalypse who will get drunk off the blood of the Saints , and start a world-wide execution of those who wont put 666 on their hands or foreheads, and pay homage to the image.

This totally contradicts the Scripture verse about testing Spirits , and the Spirit that confesses "Jesus is Lord", is a good Spirit, and the Spirit of the Antichrist denies that Jesus even came in the flesh. In other words, the Antichrist spirit boldly declares Jesus is as fictional as Dionysus and the tooth fairy.

Therefore, if you think the Catholic Church is the Antichrist whore of Babylon , it is because of these seven possibilities

A) you're a complete imbecilic , irrational , mind-blowing, mind-fucking dumbass follower of Doctrines of dumbfounded dipshits, who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground

B) you are ignorant of the very confusing Scriptures you ignorantly profess and mistakenly claim to cherish, like over a billion other dumbfounded dipshits. Don't worry! You aren't alone!

C) you have been brainwashed by easily refutable, imbecilic , irrational , mind-fucking bullshit propaganda , and in need of a serious catechism and Bible study, and lesson to get your bullshit eradicated and nourished by some sound Theology and facts from Scripture

D) you are under the influence of devils that love stirring up division and bigotry within the minds and hearts of Christians prone to the very hatred, bigotry, and self-righteous judgements your Jesus harshly condemns in Scripture

E) you could seriously use a good dousing of Holy Water, blessed exorcism salts, catechisis from someone who isn't theologically retarded, holy Communion at a Latin high mass full of incense and valid Transubstantiated Jesus wafers and precious blood in the form of bread and wine, with some Rosary beads, prayers to our Lady of the worthless miracles, and call up your local Bishop and exorcist of the Diocese for a good liturgical Saint Michael the Archangel imprimatur exorcism, and a possible Saint Gertrude Holy water enema up your chaffed anus, with novena prayers and spirtual ejaculations to Pope Leon the 13th (great exorcism Pope that wrote the rubrics most exorcists use...I have had two professional exorcisms, so know all about it)

F) you are alright. Just mislead because Scripture contradicts itself.

G) all of the above

Christians make me want to crawl up a fucking wall and blow my batshit schizoaffective brains out of my cranium when they start quoting their stupid Scriptures to stir up hatred, fear, bigotry, judgement, condemnation, division, and depressing miserable Doctrines of dumbstruck dumbasses that convince people their loved ones are forever roasting in a lake of fire with a hot poker up their ass because they were Catholic, Muslim, Jehovah's witness, Mormon, Buddhist, or Hindu when they died.

Don't you ever consider that Scripture speaks of the gospel being preached to the dead and souls being emptied out of Hades or the sinner and suicide Saul joining Samuel in the world of the dead? That's right, Saul was a traitor, a reprobate, a coward, a murderer, and a suicide who disobeyed clear instructions from God and tried to kill God's anointed King David, yet Saul didn't go to hell and all evidence suggests he's in heaven.

Haven't you ever considered that a soul can repent after a final illumination after death??? Let me give you a dollar so you can buy a friggin clue!!!

Anyway, it was Christians using the Scriptures to judge and condemn other Christians as Satan worshippers of the whore of Babylon, mother of harlots, Religion of the Antichrist, which lead me away from Christianity and into Monotheistic Shintoism.

Shintoism has no Scriptures, no Dogmas other than "Supernatural entities exist and dead become Kami (spirits) that can influence us with positive graces and blessings , or harm us.". This does not contradict any Christian Doctrines.

If you want to debate me on it you're going down. I'm actually a Theologian and ex-Scripture Bible Apologist who spent over a year in Monasteries studying Scripture, discerning a vocation to the priesthood , that Father John Moore in Austin Minnesota, who is part of the team of priests that discerns whether seminarians should be ordained , said he believed I had that vocation.

I am an x Carmelite monk and x Franciscan Friar of the Immaculata, who spent time at Mount Angel seminary and been in touch with the Vatican. My last Spiritual Director, brother Timothy, has donated millions of dollars to the Church, knows the Pope personally, and was father Groeschel's caretaker. I also used to live at our lady of Fatima shrine at the cova da Iria, Portugal, and have met a stigmatic who had the wounds of Christ on his hands and feet.

Unlike most Catholics, I had baptism of the holy spirit, prayed in tongues, and knew Scripture like a seasoned born again Christian, as well as the Deuterocanonicals which Christians accepted as Divine innerant Scripture prior to the 16th century.

No one knows who founded Shintoism, there is essentially only one Dogma that doesn't contradict any faith, and there are no Scriptures. A shintoist is free to be Monotheistic or Polytheistic.

It is the extremely Fascist, extremely patriotic Religion of Japan that inspired the Kamikaze and suicide torpedoes as well as the banzai bayonet charges when Japanese soldiers ran out of ammunition.

Shintoism is the Religion of the Samurai and produces the best soldiers who prefer death rather than surrender. Every soldier without exception who dies for the Emperor of Japan, gets enshrined and homage paid to them for as long as the nation of Japan allows it. Japan still has an Emperor who is considered the highest Shinto priest. It is the oldest dynasty in the world.

There are more enshrined Divinities or spirits (Kami) in Shintoism than Hindu Deities or canonized saints or enshrined entities of any other Religion, despite Shintoism being one of the smallest organized religions, possibly the smallest, (for only roughly 2% of Japanese people practice Shintoism, and outside of Japan it is practically non-existent.)

The beautiful thing about Shintoism is there is nothing to argue about and they do not have a history of burning heretics at the stake or torturing people to death over Doctrinal differences, both of which Protestants and Catholics have a nauseating history of.

Islam has an even more disgusting history of terrorism, violence, and rape that began with their founder Muhammad, who was a a verifiably proveable bloodthirsty terrorist and tyrant which is historically undeniable, as well as polygamist, misogynistic, chauvenist, narcissistic womanizer and child-rapist.

If there were some kind of affinitive unity in Christianity, I would be Christian. But as long as Christians judge and condemn people over nonsensical stupid Scriptures that contradict themselves to the extent of ridiculously, no thanks! Those absurd ancient Scriptures have lost their meaning through cultural context and translation complications.

There has never been a book that leads more people to opposite opinions than the Bible.

Questions or concerns?
You did that all on your phone? You may be a demigod.

Progressive Christian. My beliefs can be summed up a bit easier than yours. St Frances said it all:

Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary use words?
Drlee wrote:You did that all on your phone? You may be a demigod.

Progressive Christian. My beliefs can be summed up a bit easier than yours. St Frances said it all:
all on my phone yes.

Do you think the Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon?

I love that Franciscan quote by the way. Christians need to follow it.

Saint Francis of Assisi is my confirmation name. He was Fascist Dictator Benito Mussolini's favorite, who made Saint Francis of Assisi patron saint of Italy, and being friends with the Pope, got the Pope to proclaim it.

Making Francis of Assisi patron Saint of Italy and creating Vatican City state, both of which are surviving achievements of the founder of Fascism, are my favorite things he did.

He also put Crucifixes on the walls of public schools, which exists to this day.

Pope Pius 11 was the best friend of Mussolini after Gandhi who was his favorite visitor who left the largest impression on him. Pope Pius XI called Mussolini, "the man of Providence" and treated him like a Saint.

Mussolini during the reign of Pius XI did what saints like Don Bosco tried in vain to do. He also did more to evangelize Italy and defend Religion from Bolshivek communist attacks than any other figure in history. If Mussolini died before the reign of Pope Pius XII, he might have been made a Catholic Saint, or at least a great hero and champion of the Church, because Mussolini did more to get people to be religious and spirtual than most of the Saints.
I am an Agnostic Atheist. I don't believe, but I don't know for sure. Maybe I am a touch "spiritual"?

I dabble in Buddhism, for my wife's peace of mind, and happiness. I don't think it has any less value than any other religion, and seems to be a lot more tolerant of differences, and other belief systems. She has a few shrines on the premises.

I have to wear this, but it's rather attractive and is "good luck".

As long as I do not have to follow the rules of your religion, and you don't inflict it on me, I am more than happy accepting your beliefs.
Godstud wrote:I am an Agnostic Atheist. I don't believe, but I don't know for sure. Maybe I am a touch "spiritual"?

I dabble in Buddhism, for my wife's peace of mind, and happiness. I don't think it has any less value than any other religion, and seems to be a lot more tolerant of differences, and other belief systems. She has a few shrines on the premises.

I have to wear this, but it's rather attractive and is "good luck".

As long as I do not have to follow the rules of your religion, and you don't inflict it on me, I am more than happy accepting your beliefs.

There are no rules in my Religion but you are encouraged to pray to spirtual entities of your choosing.

Those are groovy shrines. I totally wish I had those in my house! :angel:

Also, many of the people that practice the Religion I do are also Buddhist. Shintoism is completely compatible with Buddhism. The spirits of enlightened Buddhas would be considered Kami (wise benevolent enlightened spirits) to be honored, blessed, and contacted via prayer and meditation.
Spider-Man wrote:I didn't post this in the spirituality forum because atheists are welcome here.

What is your religious beliefs? If you believe that we evolve without the help of a supernatural entity, explain what Faith you have regarding the big bang and evolution. I consider faith in the big bang, and faith in the energy that caused the big bang, as well as faith in one species evolving into another, 2B religion as well.

My religious belief is Protestant Evangelical Christian. I believe in creation according to Genesis in the Holy Bible. I don't really worry about a big bang, if there was such a thing, then I believe God, the creator, had something to do with it. I believe species adapted and changed through sexual breeding just like the Holy Bible says. That is why we have different breeds of dogs, for example.

Spider-Man wrote:I accept Jesus as Lord and savior, believe in his divinity, believe in the Father and the paraclete, believe the Virgin Mary to be "Mother of God" and my spirit-mother and advocate, kind of like a defense attorney who goes before her son and intercedes for my sinful sorry pimple ass, as only a mother can do in the courtroom, as mothers will beg the judge with tears to spare the lives of the most worthless shitheads, psychopaths, sociopaths, and monsters.

As a Protestant Christian, I obviously do not believe everything that the Roman Catholics teach. We protestants do not believe that part about the Virgin Mary being an advocate. We protestants believe that Jesus along with the Holy Spirit are our Advocate and Helper before God the Father.

The Greek word 'parakletos' means intercessor, consoler -- advocate, comforter

Different versions may translate it as one of those English word or maybe Helper.

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
(1 John 2:1-2) New American Standard Bible (NASB)

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever--the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
(John 14:16-17) New International Version (NIV)

Spider-Man wrote:But Wait a minute, I believe that and believe Jesus rose from the dead, therefore I'm Christian right? No!

I reject Scripture because it says stupid shit like "call no man your Father", then Paul writes, "I am your Father", Steven calls Abraham his Father, and the book of Revelation says all kinds of mind-blowing, brain-fucking , stupid horseshit , that leads Christians to hate and kill each other!!

For instance, the book of Revelation leads Christians to believe Pope Francis is the 666 Antichrist beast of the Apocalypse who will get drunk off the blood of the Saints , and start a world-wide execution of those who wont put 666 on their hands or foreheads, and pay homage to the image.

If you want to debate me on it you're going down.

Jesus was not forbidding the use of the word "father" for your own human father. Jesus was referring to putting a man in the place of our Holy Father in Heaven in the same way Jesus did with the Lord's Prayer when he began with "Our Father in heaven..."

And not all Protestant Christians believe Pope Francis is the 666 Antichrist beast of the Apocalypse for I don't and I know many others don't.
Last edited by Hindsite on 08 Jun 2020 05:46, edited 2 times in total.
We protestants do not believe that part about the Virgin Mary being an advocate.

So when you recite the apostles creed you are lying?

I see.

You are out of your fucking mind. It is sad that real Christians have to be associated with this retarded shit.
Drlee wrote:So when you recite the apostles creed you are lying?

I see.

There is nothing in the Apostles Creed that says the Virgin Mary is our Advocate.

I never said I believe Pope Francis is the 666 Antichrist beast of the Apocalypse either.
There is nothing in the Apostles Creed that says the Virgin Mary is our Advocate.

You need to study what "the communion of the saints" means.
Drlee wrote:You need to study what "the communion of the saints" means.

Indeed. And the irony is that he probably goes to a church where people ask each other to pray for them all the time, in this life. How much more do the Alive in Christ in Heaven pray for us and intercede for us, having pure hearts that ''see God'' always!
Drlee wrote:You need to study what "the communion of the saints" means.

For your information The Apostle's Creed:

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.*
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

To me "the communion of saints" means the same as "the congregation of saints" and the gathering together of the members of the Church to worship. In Protestant belief a saint refers to born-again believers in Christ. I believe the Apostle Paul referred to the "Church" as the body of Christ.
Drlee wrote:So when you recite the apostles creed you are lying?

I see.

You are out of your fucking mind. It is sad that real Christians have to be associated with this retarded shit.

What did I say that was retarded? I said the book of Revelation is misinterpreted by Christians to the point many of them believe that. I have met them.
annatar1914 wrote:Indeed. And the irony is that he probably goes to a church where people ask each other to pray for them all the time, in this life. How much more do the Alive in Christ in Heaven pray for us and intercede for us, having pure hearts that ''see God'' always!

Amen!
Spider-Man wrote:Describe your religious beliefs please

None.

For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,"
declares the Lord.

Isaiah 55:8

:|

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]