Scarface: a moral dilemma? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I have watched scarface several times and at the end i can never help but feel sorry for him! Although the context is such that you should dispise him, at his final fall i seem to sympathise with his struggle!

Does anyone else have the same thoughts or am i twisted in my sence of morality?
By Al-'Alim
Defiantely a twisted sense of morality... even though I have no idea who the hell scar face is.
By Esteban
I felt sympathy for him, for a moment. Even though he was a cold blooded killer who watched his friend get killed with a chainsaw over a drug deal. I felt bad for him for a little while.
By Boondock Saint
Even though he was a cold blooded killer who watched his friend get killed with a chainsaw over a drug deal.

Er ... he was handcuffed and being held at gunpont ... what did you want him to do? 'Judo Chop' only works for Austin powers ;)

I never felt bad for him, not one bit. You feeling bad for him proves only one thing, you are evil and shall burn forever in the fires of Rosie O'donnels arm pits.
By Esteban
Well, I understand what you're saying. If he had said where the drugs were, the drug dealers probably wouldn't have let them go, but instead killed him.

Still, only one word comes to mind when thinking of Scarface: Greed.
He was still a cold blooded killer who would do anything for power and money.
By Lohr
that's just the genius of the film. The director shows you a portrait of a ruthless drug dealer and at the end you feel sorry for him. He's sort of an anti-hero protagonist. Feeling sympathy for him does not mean that you have a twisted sense of morality. I felt sorry for him at the end of the film as well. It simply comes to show that you saw the film the way the director wanted you to see it.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]