Phantom Of The Opera... True or false? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Personally I believe this story by Gaston Leroux has a bit in common with Puzo's The Godfather in that much of it is essentially historical in nature, but character names have been altered to protect reputations among many other potential fictionalizations. The story also seems to dabble highly in local French urban legends, mixing alot of that into the plot.

But reading the history of the particular Opera House in question, it's easy to see how plausible the main arc of the story is, and how it "could be true". Being set in a period of the history of the opera house that is already shrouded in undocumented mystery, it's easy to see how this story and it's mysterious title character continue to resonate with modern readers, theatergoers (through Webber's adaptation), film historians and fans of Urban Legends.

http://www.messynessychic.com/2014/08/2 ... the-opera/
I agree actually... But the London Original Cast Recording, with Brightman in the role, was the first recorded performace of the musucal and is still the best overall cast recording(in either album, video or film).

Butler was the weak link in the 2004 film(he was still good though, but TOO YOUNG!), and maybe Director Schumacher as well. I still enjoyed it as a recorded version of the musical, but as a film it was sadly of slightly lower quality.

Patrick Wilson's subsiquent rise to fame is pleasing though. His Raoul was one of the best things about the film too.

Having seen Phantom live with Anthony Warlow(It was awesome! It was his 2007 Melbourne return to the role), I was dissapointed they didn't cast one of the famous stage Phantoms in the part for the film.

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712