Page 666 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Americanroyalty
Here's an interesting game find a book with a thousand pages or so and take a look at the Devil's own Page. Here's what I found in Literary Theory: An Anthology.
"Capital": Author Karl Marx
When Treating of use-value, we always assume to be dealing with definite quantities, such as dozens of watches, yards of linen, or tons of iron. The use-values of commodities furnish the material for a special study, that of commercial knowledge of commodities. Use-values become a reality only by use or consumption: they also constitute the substance of all wealth, whatever may be the social form of that wealth. In the form of society we are about to consider, they are, in addition, the material depositories of exchange-value.

This goes on for some time.

Here is a list of words that stand out to me: use-value, yards, quantitative, intrinsic, xblacking, zgold, phenomenal, commodities, geometrical, property, wares, lead, silver, atom.
All in all very interesting, no?
By mikema63
I didn't find it particularly interesting at all.
By AuRomin
Wow. I forgot that the end of Capital was the same as the rest of it. Reminds me of why I hate Marx as a writer. His redundancy is excruciating. Don't think I ever finished Capital, and I don't plan to.
By Americanroyalty
This was all by pure chance though, I randomly (well not so randomly as I was looking up "Rabelais in His World" By Bakhtin), picked up the book and the idea came into my mind and a page from Marx's Capital is what I land on and its a strange alchemical recipe about gold and lead. All completely by chance. Am I the only one enamored with the sheer randomness of the situation?

P.S. Give it a try you never know what strangeness you might find.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Yes. It's an adaptation to socially-constructed c[…]

Corruption ain't domination, and history ain't th[…]

No, I am not talking to a person who gives decent[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]