Roberto Bolano - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By thangtamfive
Earlier in the year I read 2666 and Nazi Literature in the Americas. Those two works left me with an odd taste in my mouth; I thought Bolano was undeniably brilliant, but I was perturbed. I thought that prose as taxing as Bolano's might not be worth the effort (Part Four of 2666 was probably the most difficult thing I've ever read, for several reasons) and avoided him for a while. Recently, however, I received By Night in Chile as a gift and I absolutely loved it. The prose is fantastic (Chris Andrews is a much gifted translator) and it has this brilliant dreamlike quality to it. There's this one sentence that takes up the majority of pages eighty-one and eighty-two that is simply amazing, about the narrator reading Greek during the coup (the book also has a four or five page sentence in it, which I think is the longest I've ever read). I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Is anyone else here acquainted with the works of Bolano? What do you think of them?

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]