The Louvre - Abu Dhabi - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By ness31
Well, I had no idea this happened! I commented in a thread not that long ago that it would be cool if the most famous pieces of artwork could travel around the world, and now it would seem there is an outpost in Abu Dhabi.

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2017/ ... bi/545333/

I actually stumbled across the news in an article I was reading about the French apparently fearing a loss of control of the Louvre in the Middle East (I’d like to post it, but a pay wall is not allowing it) The French fear politicisation because Abu Dhabi left Qatar of a map in the museum ...something like that.

So there’s a heap to talk about! Especially the architecture of the building itself. That roof is pretty special. It’s very reminiscent of the beautiful mosaics you see in mosques, but with an modern edge. I give it 2 thumbs up.
By ness31
Well it’s a darn sight better than that awful pyramid :D
By noir
These oil fiefdoms are bizarre phenomenon that should be pass from the world and their oil revenues be divided between poor Arab countries like Egypt. What does a Bedouin people have to do with decadent Western art?
By noir
Since they refuse to take one Arab refugee and turn the whole world upside down just to keep their fake fiefdoms safe, they don't deserve to be sustained. It's not "their oil". The countries lines were drawn by imperial forces. They just happened to be there by accident. The oil belongs to the entire Arab world. There should be new Arab system.
@noir

Oh no they do. The more wage slaves the better. However sustenance isn't the issue. Oil's valuable. If the US won't buy it someone else certainly will.

If you want a Pan-Arab or Middle Eastern state you need to integrate Israel. Israel will certainly not survive if it isn't or at least a Pan Arab state isn't possible.

If you want to distribute oil equally to all Arab states than that is also impossible. It would require Arab states to release power they aren't ready to release. Furthermore it would be impossible to do so by force via a foreign power because that would lead to the bombing of so many oil pipes no idea and containers that all the oil in the Middle East would be destroyed in only 5 years.
By noir
If you want to distribute oil equally to all Arab states than that is also impossible. It would require Arab states to release power they aren't ready to release. Furthermore it would be impossible to do so by force via a foreign power because that would lead to the bombing of so many oil pipes no idea and containers that all the oil in the Middle East would be destroyed in only 5 years.

Of course, they wouldn't do it voluntarily. But we should not legitimize it with the new funny "Louvre".

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]