The Beatles were Egyptian gods - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The Beatles were an incarnation of the Egyptian scarab god Khepera.

In the sun-god trinity, Khepera brings the dawn, Re appears at noon, and Tem carries the deity through the night. Khepera (or Khepri) rolls the sun across the sky like the scarab rolls a ball of dung. He has the power of resurrection, bringing the sun back to life after it “dies” at night.

The Beatles represented the resurrection of Western civilization after it had “died” during World War II and slumbered during the conservative social and political era of the 1950s. The Beatles and the beetle god also expressed the general creativity and challenge to authority that began in the mid-1960s, a period also popularized as the "Age of Aquarius."

The sun inspired the song writing of the sun gods. The words "sun" or "sunshine" are mentioned in 17 songs recorded by the Beatles, such as these lyrics from “Dear Prudence”:

The sun is up, the sky blue,
it’s beautiful and so are you

John Lennon's most controversial statement, that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus, was hardly an outrageous comparison as the scarab form, like Jesus, represents resurrection. For example, the German artist Albrecht Dürer associated a beetle with Christ in various paintings.

The ball of dung pushed by the scarab god also had its counterpart in modern culture. That rolling ball is "like a rolling stone," which, aside from the original meaning “gathers no moss,” begat the Rolling Stones and Rolling Stone magazine.

In September 2018, former Beatle Paul McCartney released the album Egypt Station, whose cover art included a scarab, perhaps an acknowledgment of the Beatles-Khepera connection.
Wholly crap, as Frank Barone might say.

Let me tell you about the Beatles. They grew up in Liverpool. There was a large American base there, and there was a small but thriving community of artists there playing and recording music for the Americans.

The Beatles came out of that community. Look at when they had their break out. They were selling American music back to Americans. Which is pretty much what the other Liverpudlian musicians were doing.

They had all kinds of other influences. Their producer was sometimes called the 5th Beatle, his contributions played such a large role. But the most famous was when they went to Goa, and got into India, it's food, the religion, and it's approach to life.

As you might have guessed by now, I'm a fan, and I know a few things about them. And this is the first time, after a half century of being a fan, that I've seen Egypt mentioned.

As I have commented elsewhere, Urbanek's thinking has a random quality where any two things that pop into his head can be forced into a marriage without regard to what the real world is like.
The album photo for Abbey Road was shot by Iain MacMillan on August 8, 1969 at a location outside the EMI studio at 3 Abbey Road. The placement of the Volkswagen Beetle on the cover was an unintended "coincidence." Efforts to find the owners to remove the car from the shooting sight were unsuccessful. Police attempting to move the vehicle could only get it partially off the street. In the Era of Khepera, you can't push the scarab out of the picture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_Road
Beren wrote:So the Beatles were a New Age band of sun worshippers or what?

Not too far off the truth....

The Egyptian sun god traverses the sky in a sun boat with various other deities who help defend the vessel against monsters of the underworld. The animated Beatles film Yellow Submarine depicted a sun-colored Boat of Re and Khepera's battle with the water demons, the Blue Meanies.
Godstud wrote:OK, so which god is Ringo?

:?:

Each of the Beatles represented a different aspect of the scarab god. Paul was the face. I was the smart one. George with all his mysticism, was the spirit, and Ringo was the heart. — John Lennon

In the book Man and His Symbols, Carl Jung noted, "Among the mythological representations of the Self, one finds much emphasis on the four corners of the world, and in many pictures the Great Man is represented in the center of a circle divided by four." Indeed, this concept of the Great Man could be applied to Jesus, as the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John reveal four aspects of Christ. Thus, the Ra cycle beginning with the Beatles (The Fab Four) may represent the most perfect and complete manifestation of Khepera since Jesus walked the earth.

While initially apologetic about making the Jesus-Beatles comparison, Lennon returned to the subject in the song "The Ballad of John and Yoko":

Christ you know it ain't easy, you know how hard it can be
The way things are going, they're going to crucify me

Another Jesus-Beatles connection can be found in dialogue from the “College” episode in the first season of The Sopranos.

Father Phil Intintola: You know what's remarkable? If you take everything Jesus ever said, add it up, it only amounts to only two hours of talk.
Carmela Soprano: Nooo. But wait, I heard the same thing about the Beatles. Except it was if you add up all their songs it only comes to ten hours.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]