Skateboarding is art. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Darth objectionable
protacall

I believe it is spelt protocol.
By Gustav Fluffy
Only my sigs are art! >:

:lol:

Wait 'till Yeddi sees that one. :lol:
By Darth objectionable
I support Al on this one
By Yeddi
:eh: eh?

Having read through these threads, i have realised that art is one of the hardest things to define, and that it is best to be based solely on personal opinion rather than a set of rules.
By Cragov the Dry
Corection the Turner Prize is very telling and definatly worth seeing and disscusing!
By The Dark Rower
The turner prize is rubish and a waste of time. George says that modern art is not real art, is that true?
By God is dead
The turner prize is rubish and a waste of time.

Why?!?! Dont make empty statements, you need to back them up with reasons!

George says that modern art is not real art, is that true?

Don't believe a word George says, he talks out of his arse. "Pie's arn't bad for you" hmm yeah, thats why you ended up like you did...Anyway, Modern artis art...its just the next step in the evolution of somehting that has been changing from the very beginning. To dismiss 'Modern Art' as somehting that is not art is rubbish.
By Al Khabir
Modern Art ceases to be art when it is in bad taste. Do we really want to see a live Post Mortem?
By God is dead
But who is the 'we' ? And who are we to decide whether on not something is in bad taste?

P.S, remember the VCR!!
By Cragov the Dry
What is bad taste? Again it is just opinion!

The post mortem wasn't done in the name of art it was a spectical which i feel was a wonderful idea and i only wish i could have been there!
By Al Khabir
"We" being the general public.

Fair enough, it is personal opinion. But there must be some standards of decency. Is a public orgy really to be considered at all profound?
By Blademaster
How many people here actually skateboard? Because you can't call something art unless you yourself can do that thing, because then you know what goes into making it and can truly decied whether it is art or not.
By Cragov the Dry
What is the basis of yur arqument, not one here can paint like the great masters but we can still appreciate there work!
By Darth objectionable
I skateboard. Is that good enough for you? Look at my sig. >:
By Cragov the Dry
Yes, and i try to paint, just because it isn't great doesn't make it not art it just means fewer people like it!
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]