What are your top 5 TV shows? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I saw someone mentioned Farscape. I just finished watching that, including the Peacekeeper Wars. Definitely an epic show. One thing I always take some getting used to when it comes to a show like that is that Star Trek is my baseline for comparison with any Sci-Fi show centering around a single ship and its crew, and it took me a while to get used to the fact that there's nothing Trek-like about that show (I had a similar "culture shock" when watching Firefly). More of a mix between Star Wars and Doctor Who, with the characters wearing a quasi-BDSM wardrobe.
1. Utopia (shame it has only two seasons)
2. Breaking Bad (I know that I am mainstream)
3. Freaks and geeks
4. Californication (best trash stuff for anyone entering adolescence - me a few years back)
5. HIMYM (best guilty pleasure from the era that progressed beyond Friends but haven't found a better formula yet - also known as the dread of the 2000s)
My Updated List:
1. Twilight Zone
2. Star Trek: The Original Series
3. The Walking Dead
4. Batman: The Animated Series(and followups)
5. Seinfeld

Changed my rules (three season minimum) and added Walking dead. Seinfeld should be here too.
Paradigm wrote:I haven't gotten around to Babylon 5 yet, but plan to do so too. My roommate has watched it, and says that the brilliant plot manages to carry it even in the midst of bad acting and cinematography. I do remember hearing about some dispute where in the early seasons of DS9, the creator of Babylon 5 accused them of stealing their ideas. But according to my roommate, who's watched both, DS9 was simply better executed.

I do think the success of DS9 had alot to do with the great cast, especially Avery Brooks.
1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Enterprise
3. Goldmining in Alaska
4. Futurama
5. History (everything of WW2)
Paradigm wrote:I saw someone mentioned Farscape. I just finished watching that, including the Peacekeeper Wars. Definitely an epic show. One thing I always take some getting used to when it comes to a show like that is that Star Trek is my baseline for comparison with any Sci-Fi show centering around a single ship and its crew, and it took me a while to get used to the fact that there's nothing Trek-like about that show (I had a similar "culture shock" when watching Firefly). More of a mix between Star Wars and Doctor Who, with the characters wearing a quasi-BDSM wardrobe.

It was a Buck Rogers'esque science fiction show, which is a type of show that is heavy on erotic subtexts. I wouldn't call it epic, but it was definitely entertaining. Farscape HBO with adult content would have been an interesting experience.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 The CIA has not been involved in Cent[…]

Telling blatant lies will not help your hasbara c[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]