If YOU were a presidential candidate... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Goranhammer
QatzelOk wrote:Goranhammer, your 'ideas' look more like actual US policy [with the notable exception of liberal marijuana laws].
If you ran for president, I'm afraid you would might win, or at least steal a lot of votes from Bush, and maybe enogh to help Kerry or Nader win. You've already got a great sig. Why not get out of your parents basement and try to run the world between old Star Trek episodes! You have nothing to lose but loss itself!
I especially liked your welfare reform. Nice. But even better, cancel all welfare or social assistance to anyone who isn't a wealthy, white twelfth generation American suburbanite. Send those OTHERS a message: If you want welfare, inherit it like the rest of us had to!

I'm guessing that was meant to be funny and sarcastic, whereas my views on welfare are more than fair, in my eyes. Sorry if I'm not all for giving away money to those who would waste it.
By QatzelOk
I don't blame you for not wanting to give money to people who would waste it. When you talk about welfare, youre talking about people who spend thieir money on food, shelter, clothes for their kids, second-hand books...
'Waste' happens when income goes into the higher percentiles. You know, the millionaires who spend their money on cocaine and SUVs and third mansions in Aspen. So by not taxing these rich people adequately, you are putting money into the hands of real waste.
And there really is only so much to go around.
By redcarpet
Make America a 'colony' of UK, or 'dependency', like it used to be.

It seems that after independence, Yankee land has gotten worse.
By Goranhammer
QatzelOk wrote:I don't blame you for not wanting to give money to people who would waste it. When you talk about welfare, youre talking about people who spend thieir money on food, shelter, clothes for their kids, second-hand books...

Ah to be young, idealistic, and blind to the world....
By liberalist
Goranhammer  wrote:Ah to be young, idealistic, and blind to the world....

Ah, to be a reactionary who stigmitised a whole group based on the actions of a few.
By Monkey Angst
Goranhammer wrote:Oh I dunno, overall it seems extremely accurate.

Seems... based on what?
By mklangelo
I would kick the special interest groups out.

I would devote my entire Presidency to it. I wouldn't care who said what.

They would be treated like the money-sucking whores that they are.

NEXT...

The case was only "fabricated" in the[…]

European countries have a criminal code provision[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Biden, look at Sweden's bravery. They make decisio[…]

That would likely make Estonia a specific target […]