Al Franken Accused of Sexual Harassment for 2006 Events - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14864587
Drlee wrote:So today it is Charlie Rose, a NYT reporter, a producer.....

Dear Women.

While there is much wisdom in your post, it is not just women who push radical feminism, and it is not just men who are the the defenders of extreme patriarchy. Many, many women object to extremist feminism. In recent decades women have become noticeably more liberal then men, but for many decades before that they were noticeably more conservative than men.

The links between the suffragettes and fascism is an interesting subject that the cultural Marxist establishment seems strangely reluctant to explore.
#14864917
Many, many women object to extremist feminism. In recent decades women have become noticeably more liberal then men, but for many decades before that they were noticeably more conservative than men.


I think this is true with one caveat. White women are voting conservative in interesting ways. The ones who object to the social change imagined by feminists (such as evangelical Christian women) vote staunchly conservative even against their own financial interest. There are still a considerable number who defer to the politics of their husbands. (Or at least act like they do.)
#14864933
In Conservative societies women, boys and girls are raped on an industrial scale.

Girls are raped on an industrial scale in Saudi Arabia, same as any traditional conservative society, how ever Saudi has a very strict moral code: only a girl's husband, father and brothers are allowed to rape her. To be fair to the Muslims they really do try and live by this rule, they're not hypocrites, only a woman's husband, brother or father is allowed to rape a girl / woman. You see this in Afghanistan. In Afghanistan they've brought in Northern police officers to police the southern Paschtun areas. The police chiefs take and capture paschtun boys as sex slaves. If the boys try to escape they can be killed. There's a beautiful scene in the Vice TV documentary "This is what winning looks like" where the commanding American office challenges a Muslim on this practice. :lol: "What do you expect them to do fuck their Grand mothers?" retorts the Muslim. This is very revealing. Its most definitely not OK to fuck one's mother, while one's father is still alive. It is OK though to fuck one's grand mother when the grand father is dead, but as the Muslim is pointing out most Muslims don't find this option appealing, hence why they enslave and rape boys.

But what's easily missed is that these Afghan police chiefs who have huge, virtually unrestrained power don't take girls as slaves. It makes me so angry when bigots say Muslims have no moral integrity. They do. Its just one very different from our own. And don't believe the Jew worshipping lie machine. We did not inherit our sense of morality from the Jews. The Romans strongly disproved of boys having sex with their sisters centuries before Constantine foisted Christianity upon us. Only a girl's husband, father and brothers have a right to rape a Muslim girl. However if the girls an Infidel, its a very different story. She can be passed around like a joint at a hippy Chill Out, as we see in the slave markets of ISIS and the Muslim gang's of Britain that were for so long given free licence, to rape, beat, drug and prostitute our under age girls.

So yes I'm totally fine with exposing and deconstructing western patriarchy: western conservative patriarchy and western liberal patriarchy. I'm totally cool about exposing the culture of rape and sexual predation that's been perpetrated against women, girls, boys and young men by men, boys and sometimes lesbians. But it will not be used as a tool by Cultural Marxists to empower non White, Infidel Gentile cultures that are much much worse, if I have anything to do with it.
#14865048
Rich wrote:Girls are raped on an industrial scale in Saudi Arabia, same as any traditional conservative society, how ever Saudi has a very strict moral code: only a girl's husband, father and brothers are allowed to rape her.
Source for this idiotic claim, please. A real source and not some Infowars crap or youtube video.

I couldn't read past this bullshit without laughing at the hate spewing bullshit.
#14865224
Bulaba Jones wrote:We know we have reached the bottom of the barrel when there are people defending a child molester and trying to compare that with a guy who gave a French kiss when the woman who consented to that kiss didn't specify that a French kiss would be OK.

We have reached a point where the left comes up with a media narrative to accuse someone they don't agree with politically of being a child molester with absolutely no proof, and want us all to condemn him by presuming him guilty and then call us names when we don't fall for their ruse. Meanwhile, a senator from their own side has a lot more than one allegation substantiated by a photograph, and women coming forward each day. Sexual her-ass-mint was invented by the left as a charge against Clarence Thomas (who we were supposed to find guilty, because he is black) to keep him off the Supreme Court. Then, it became a tort, because the left assumed they could make money playing identity politics--only it has bitten them in the ass more than the conservatives they intended to attack with it.

Drlee wrote:I am not really convinced that what Franken did is so bad as all of the hoopla would indicate. In fact. If this is all that he did compared to the good he has done for women in public office he is pretty close to a feminist hero. He is accused, after all, of two things. First he took a racy picture of a woman. He was a comedian at the time. Then he (maybe) engineered a kiss from a grown woman who was being paid generously for an acting roll. A kiss! OMG. Horrors!

Hey, as long as a wealthy businessman can get away with it too; or, more importantly, if a conservative can get away with it too, then maybe your point is valid. The law in the US is supposed to apply equally.

Two More Women Accuse Sen. Al Franken Of Inappropriate Touching
These are the third and fourth such allegations against Franken in the past week. Leeann Tweeden, a radio host, wrote last week that Franken had kissed and groped her without her consent during a 2006 USO tour. On Monday, Lindsay Menz accused Franken of groping her at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010.

The two additional women, who said they were not familiar with each others’ stories, both spoke on condition of anonymity. But their stories, which describe events during Franken’s first campaign for the Senate, are remarkably similar — and both women have been telling them privately for years.

Sauce for the goose...

In a statement to HuffPost, Franken said, “It’s difficult to respond to anonymous accusers, and I don’t remember those campaign events.”

The first woman, who spoke to HuffPost on condition of anonymity because she’s worried she’ll be harassed online for making the allegation, said Franken groped her when they posed for a photo after a June 25, 2007, event hosted by the Minnesota Women’s Political Caucus in Minneapolis.

Let's get out the violins... They aren't willing to come forward completely, because they don't want to get the Hillary Clinton treatment...

“My story is eerily similar to Lindsay Menz’s story,” the first woman said. “He grabbed my buttocks during a photo op.”

The second woman told HuffPost that Franken cupped her butt with his hand at a 2008 Democratic fundraiser in Minneapolis, then suggested the two visit the bathroom together. She spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear that the allegation could affect her position at work.

Drlee wrote:This is really no big deal at all.

Can we call you Dr-ass-grabber-lee? Or would you take offense to that?

He might, or might not; but the administration takes offense to deliberately changing the name of a user to be insulting, doubly-so when it alleges a crime. Take this as a warning.

-TIG Edit :borg:


Drlee wrote:Maybe he might not do these if he thought about it again but for a famous person in Hollywood his record for good behavior is truly remarkable.

These latter accusations come from when he was running for the senate.

“My immediate reaction was disgust,” the second woman said. “But my secondary reaction was disappointment. I was excited to be there and to meet him. And so to have that happen really deflated me. It felt like: ‘Is this really the person who is going to be in a position of power to represent our community?’”

Yes, a true feminist hero. :lol:

“My mother loves Al Franken. She listened to Air America [on which Franken had a radio show] every day,” the first woman said. ”I saw him and asked if we could take a photo together for my mother, and we stood next to each other ... and down his hand went.

Drlee wrote:Real sexual harassment is an issue to take seriously.

You're right. Since he wasn't employing them, grabbing their asses was the perfectly natural thing to do.

Drlee wrote:Does every woman in the world want men to try to stop kissing them? Do they want to create an atmosphere in the marketplace where men are so afraid of their female coworkers that they shy away from hiring them? Because I can tell you with certain knowledge that this is already happening and more often than one might think.

Right. Women should be flattered that men want to caress their nicely shaped asses. They are only paying a compliment to the women, and to God for his nice handiwork. These heterophobic women and their toxic femininity need to go to sensitivity training so they know how men feel when they choose to wear tight fitting clothing or show their breast cleavage. Women need to be more understanding.

maz wrote:Although the liberal establishment is trying to stop the bleeding and save Sen. Franken, he's toast.

Well, maybe we can try to push for sensitivity training for women who like to wear tight form-fitting clothes and showing their breast cleavage.

Stormsmith wrote:This incident will not be the end of Franken. He's too good a senator.

What about the other three charges? I think women should have to pay men when men grab their asses as a "thank you". Don't you agree?

maz wrote:The photo of Sen Franken speaks for itself and appear to validate Tweeden's accusations, but we have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is not the same man that he was 11 years ago.

Right. And when he was running for the Senate, he wasn't a senator, so it's okay to cup the asses of female supporters. He was only trying to boost their self-esteem.

maz wrote:If the troubling photo of Franken didn't exist, I would consider Tweeden's claims as questionable as any of the other unsubstantiated #Metoo.

Without the photo, she might have gotten the Hillary-bimbo-eruption treatment.

maz wrote:What is making things very hard for Franken were his relentless attacks on Trump, his pompous, holier than though attitude and his positioning himself as a prominent feminist ally.

Well, Trump said, "you can grab 'em by the pussy." Al Franken never said that, although he jokes about rape a lot. However, he is accused of grabbing them by the arse.
#14865256
Godstud wrote:Truth is subjective. Facts are objective.

Hedging your bets is what most normal people do. Betting on common sense.

What does patience have to do with anything, anyhow?


Be honest for the purpose of this subject its political. "Patience" you were the one who brought that up, but yea you should want to know the truth and that may take patience. Do you believe that in a court of law that people are innocent until proven guilty? That is sort of a big thing ( core principle of society) you seem to not care about.
#14865260
Hong Wu wrote:Imagine if we had a female president during all of this, there'd be even less patience with the accused.


Maybe or maybe not. The President can influence the courts but has no real power over making the judges rule one way or the other. The courts are supposed to be an independent entity from the Executive branch.
#14865306
blackjack21 wrote:Well, Trump said, "you can grab 'em by the pussy." Al Franken never said that, although he jokes about rape a lot. However, he is accused of grabbing them by the arse.

Trump has said many things that some people don't like. But Billy Bush of “Access Hollywood” laughed as if it was funny. Why can't you accept it was just Trump's version of locker room humor? There is mo photo of it actually happening, as it is with Franken grabbing at a woman's breast on two occasions.
#14865340
Finfinder wrote:Do you believe that in a court of law that people are innocent until proven guilty? That is sort of a big thing ( core principle of society) you seem to not care about.
What do you know about what I believe? You know nothing about me and are making assumptions based on what I have NOT said.

Pants of Dog said it best:
Pants of Dog wrote:In a court of justice, the burden of proof lies with accuser, and this is a result of ensuring individual liberty when the accuser is a state.

But this is not a way of arriving at truth. It is a methodological principle of law, not an actual tool for discerning truth from falsehood.

Consequently, using that as an argument on PoFo makes no sense.

This shifts the burden of proof onto the women targeted by Moore, assumes a fact that is not actually a given (i.e. Moore’s innocence), and ignores the very real possibility that Moore is guilty and that it cannot be proven.

It also ignores the reality faced by women who come forward about sexual assault: their reputations will almost certainly be attacked and questioned in the media and during the trial. There are strong disincentives and negative repercussions from doing this, and it makes little sense to assume that women do this just because.
#14865425
Godstud wrote:What do you know about what I believe? You know nothing about me and are making assumptions based on what I have NOT said.

Pants of Dog said it best:


My post was in the form of a question , hence the question mark at the end of the sentence. :knife:


Take a few deeps breaths, its going to be ok this is a just forum.
#14866892
Hindsite wrote:Trump has said many things that some people don't like. But Billy Bush of “Access Hollywood” laughed as if it was funny. Why can't you accept it was just Trump's version of locker room humor? There is mo photo of it actually happening, as it is with Franken grabbing at a woman's breast on two occasions.

I don't have problems with Trump. I think he's hysterical in a Rodney Dangerfield sort of way. What's hilarious to me is that the Democrats get so serious about this stuff.

So is it wrong to cup a woman's breast? Is that grounds for removal from the Senate? Why is it that women don't want men cupping their breasts? Why would they find this offensive?

Army veteran says Franken groped her during USO tour in 2003
An Army veteran says Sen. Al Franken groped her in December 2003, telling CNN that while she was deployed in Kuwait, the Minnesota Democrat cupped her breast during a photo op.

That seems like such a nice gesture. Why are women such heterophobes?
#14866897
Read the article about the "groped veteran". Give me a break sweetheart. Sobbed the whole time? She waited in line to get her picture taken and then said that he "cupped her breast". In front of hundreds of people? And nobody noticed until now? Sorry honey. Not buying it. And sobbing? Scarred for life because a famous comedian and comedy writer touched her breast? Oh for God's sake.

Note to women. Every man in the country is shaking his head and wondering when y'all with stop nattering about the trivial and start worrying about real issues that are destroying your lives. You know. Like the fact that you do not have earn as much as men. That you are underrepresented in government. That your and your children are loosing your health insurance. That school funding is plummeting. That your reproductive rights are under attack. No. Let's waste our political capital on the heart-wrenching disaster of having one's breast cupped for over a second during a photo opportunity with a celeb.

Good grief.
#14866963
Drlee wrote:Read the article about the "groped veteran". Give me a break sweetheart. Sobbed the whole time? She waited in line to get her picture taken and then said that he "cupped her breast". In front of hundreds of people? And nobody noticed until now? Sorry honey. Not buying it. And sobbing? Scarred for life because a famous comedian and comedy writer touched her breast? Oh for God's sake.

Note to women. Every man in the country is shaking his head and wondering when y'all with stop nattering about the trivial and start worrying about real issues that are destroying your lives.

There are some who think that this meme is about presuming men guilty so that they can get Trump on his "grab 'em by the pussy" remark. There is a political problem though with double standards. The old adage, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones," comes to mind. In my opinion, that is why Hillary Clinton's "War on Women" meme was a tactical success, but a strategic failure. It is also causing the Democrats problems now with John Conyers and Al Franken. While the Franken case is less onerous, the political problem is that there is photographic evidence of him grabbing boobs. That leads to situations like this:

Street Artist Targets Al Franken With Altered 'Greatest Showman' Billboard
Image
It's silly, but it will have political repercussions for the Democrats, because his opponents can now recycle a lot of his stuff.

Image
Image
#14867317
blackjack21 wrote:There are some who think that this meme is about presuming men guilty so that they can get Trump on

Image


I still cannot believe that this clown was actually being floated as a potential presidential candidate, let alone having ever made it into the senate.

I watched his interview with Charlie Rose from a few months ago and concluded that hands down, Franken is the biggest bullshit artist in the federal government.

I tried to post this article as its own thread in Satire, but apparently I am unable to create threads in that sub-forum. The article does have a tie-in to the Al Franken scandal so I guess it is ok here as well.

Image

I created “Medusa Magazine” and I am shutting it down because Feminist stupidity has surpassed satire

Hello Readers of Medusa Magazine. My name is {redacted} and I own ageofshitlords.com. Before I begin, I just want to state that yes, this website is satire. It has always been and will always be satire…. but I don’t blame anyone for thinking otherwise. Myself and the fellow Shitposters who operated and published articles on this website while it lasted pride ourselves on writing fairly believable satire with just enough retardation to keep our readers in constant doubt.

This has been fun, but all good things have to come to an end. I am shutting down this website because recent events have proven to us that it is no longer possible to satirize the Feminist left.

But back to to the original topic, we are shutting down our rather hilarious project because we can no longer compete with our competition. We have come to realize that our competition is not other satirical websites, but rather the people we are trying to satirize.

About a week ago, after a short hiatus from the website and in light of the recent sexual assault allegations currently afflicting Hollywood, we put out another article titled “Why we should believe women who accuse right wingers of rape more than those who accuse liberals”.

The article is a total caricature intended to be as ridiculous as possible, basically arguing that because liberals are good people, we should forgive them when they rape women. We thought no one in the world could possibly hold views as ridiculous as that, so we wrote it as satire and published it.

So imagine our surprise when an actual Feminist and self-proclaimed expert on “rape culture” wrote an article for The Washington Post no less, using the same rational and reasoning as our satirical article that was written just a few days before:

Image

In you haven’t read our “Believe liberal victims or rape more than conservative victims of rape” article yet, I implore you to go read it now and then compare it to the argument these rape activists are now pushing. Its like they read our hoax article, agreed with it and then decided to incorporate it into their movement. Here’s just an excerpt from our article:

Regardless of whether any of these men are guilty of the crimes they have been accused of or not, one thing is for sure – the ones who hold left wing values have earned the right to make at least one mistake in their lives. George Takei has helped millions of LGBT children around the globe come out and be comfortable in their sexually. Harvey Weinstein has donated funds to many Democratic candidates and grass-root movements that have helped us secure political power. Who cares if these men have made one or two mistakes in their lives? What’s important is that they have realized their mistakes and are willing to learn from them, which is more than I can say for Trump and his fellow GOP rapists.

And that is why we are shutting down this website. Because there is no point in operating a caricature website of Feminism anymore when real life Feminists are now more insane than any caricature we could ever dream up. If you enjoyed our content and are sad to see us go, then just go follow any legitimate Feminist blog or any of the many obnoxious Feminists on Twitter. Their content is the same as ours.
#14868862
What happens if Roy Moore wins and Al Franken has to step down?

Franken to make announcement Thursday as chorus grows for his resignation

Sen. Al Franken is set to make an announcement Thursday, according to his office, as more than a dozen Democratic senators called on him today to resign amid multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.

At least 38 senators have called for Franken’s resignation, including Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, Kamala Harris of California, Patty Murray of Washington, Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin and Claire McCaskill of Missouri.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said the Minnesota Democrat should step down immediately.

“Senator Franken should resign," Schumer said. "I consider Senator Franken a dear friend and greatly respect his accomplishments, but he has a higher obligation to his constituents and the Senate, and he should step down immediately.”

A Democratic source on Capitol Hill familiar with the developments told ABC News that some of the female Democratic senators have been in contact for quite some time regarding the path forward for Sen. Franken. Today's action was a result of mounting frustrations over the increasing number of accusations.

Sen. Bob Casey, D-Penn. was the first male senator to join his female colleagues in calling for Franken to step down, and since then, Sen. Joe Donnelly, D-Ind, Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, Ed Markey, D-Mass., Michael Bennet, D-Colo., Dick Durbin, D-Ill, among others, joined those calls.

Sen. Al Franken apologizes after radio anchor says he forcibly kissed her, took lewd photo

'I'm going to have to be more careful,' Sen. Al Franken said of sexual misconduct allegations

Tom Perez, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, also said Franken should step down.
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 12

I'm an atheist. You don't have to be a Christian t[…]

It's also not been great for them. But generaliz[…]

Salma Hayek: Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too

I can’t believe Venus doesn’t have a moon. And acc[…]