only southern candidates win - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
1964 - Johnson from Texas
1968 - Nixon from California
1972 - Nixon from California
1976 - Carter from Georgia
1980 - Reagan from California
1984 - Reagan from California
1988 - Bush from Texas
1992 - Clinton from Arkansas
1996 - Clinton from Arkansas
2000 - Bush from Texas

see a pattern? the presidents are always from southern or western states. And these states just keep getting more electoral votes every time the votes are adjusted for new census numbers. The northern and western states that went for Gore will have even less electoral votes in 2004 than they did in 2000 because the 2000 numbers were based on the 1990 census. Not one president from a Northeastern state since Kennedy. So why would the Democrats nominate Kerry or hold their convention in far-off Boston, especially when the Republicans will hold their convention in terror-struck New York, probably around the Sept. 11 anniversary?
By Ymir
Can we draw any conclusions from this information?
By Switters
I wouldn't call Reagan a "southerner" at least in the traditional bible-thumping redneck sense. But the other people this century weren't southerners. Kennedy, Roosevelt, Eisenhower. But yeah, it's a disturbing trend anyway. Well not really. As Michael Moore says, ít's too hot down there to think. Except for Edwards none of the democrats running for pres. are southerners, so if they can pull off a win the trend will be broken.
By Boondock Saint
I wouldnt call California a southern state either ...
By GlobalJustice
Personally I think Edwards has the best shot of any of them.

People in southern cities are fine, its just the rural ultra-right ones that are a little crazy. Historically, even long before this century, the South has dominated the White House. Don't know why though.
By Demosthenes
Maybe cause we hicks arn't as dumb as we look! :eek:

BTW- As I keep having to tell people we're NOT a democracy! We're a Republic! A Democratic Republic, if my memory of high school political science serves me correctly.

Oh and California is NOT a southern state. Maybe if it was it wouldn't be so bass ackwards!

'State of panic' as Putin realises he cannot wi[…]

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]