Election 2020 - Page 61 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Here is something that is interesting. Trump is trying despite being impeached for it, to use Rudy Guilinani to get the Ukrainians to investigate Biden. I suspect that Trump will tell the Ukrainians to use their intelligence services to plant false evidence on Biden or his son to get Biden out of the race so he can hopefully win the next election.

You certainly can't believe any sort of accusations leveled against the Biden's given that Trump was impeached for soliciting Ukraine to get dirt on the Bidens even though there is no dirt to be found. Now that impeachment is over, Trump has learned he can do whatever he wants and he thinks (and it seems correctly I might add) that he is above the law. Given that is the case, I suspect that he continues to use Rudy despite being impeached for it to tell the Ukrainians to plant false evidence on the Bidens.

But here is the kicker, the way the democratic race is going, it seems Biden won't even be the nominee. However, that might not stop Trump from telling Ukraine via Rudy to plant false evidence against any other candidate he thinks could still very well beat him regardless. The fact that the republicans gave Trump a license to abuse his power means that you can't trust what comes out of his justice department when it makes accusations towards any democrat that could be running against Trump.
By Big Steve-2
jimjam wrote:Wow! Absolutely stupendous …….. he also repeatedly makes sure the White House windows are bullet proof and warned Americans that Clean energy wind mills cause cancer and has brought much needed attention to the excessive toilet flushing problem in America.

Look sonny, I could no doubt prepare a 500 item list of how Donald helps billionaires get a few more billions while fucking poor Americans in the ass, increased filth and pollution in our air and water, removed health care from a few million poor Americans ….. and, and, and

First, I don't know who you think you're talking to, but you can shove "sonny" where the sun don't shine and go pound sand.

Second, you can't acknowledge anything positive Trump has done because that'll threaten your standing in the "Good Little Liberals" club.

The Trump Presidency is working for you.
Last edited by Big Steve-2 on 12 Feb 2020 05:54, edited 1 time in total.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:In 2018, after he was president, Mr. Trump suggested that police departments in heavily minority cities, like Chicago, ought to use such aggressive tactics. The police in that city should “strongly consider stop-and-frisk,” Mr. Trump said in a speech at the time.

“It works, and it was meant for problems like Chicago,” the president said. The White House declined to comment about Mr. Trump’s tweet or his history of support for the policy.

And today : “WOW, BLOOMBERG IS A TOTAL RACIST!,” the president delivered to his millions of Twitter followers leaked audio from 2015 in which Michael R. Bloomberg, the Democratic presidential hopeful and former New York mayor, offered an unflinching defense of stop-and-frisk policing for which he has since apologized.

You think weak kneed Obese Donald will have the guts to apologize ? :lol:

The stop-and-frisk crime prevention policy to get illegal guns off the streets is a good policy if used correctly and not used just to discriminate against minority groups. I support that policy in high crime areas because it has been shown to work in the past.
By Godstud
@Hindsite You worry about "Libs" taking away your rights, and yet when something like the Stop and FrisK Program is implemented, you cheer. Make up your fucking mind!!!

This program isn't just used in high crime areas, but can be used against you, anywhere. :knife: You obviously have no clue what LIBERAL actually means.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

But hey, what did a Founding Father know, anyways? :roll:
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite You worry about "Libs" taking away your rights, and yet when something like the Stop and FrisK Program is implemented, you cheer. Make up your fucking mind!!!

This program isn't just used in high crime areas, but can be used against you, anywhere. :knife: You obviously have no clue what LIBERAL actually means.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

But hey, what did a Founding Father know, anyways? :roll:

Hell, I am for law and order. I don't walk aground with illegal guns hidden on my body. So that would not bother me as long it was done on a reasonable suspicion.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
The stop-and-frisk crime prevention policy to get illegal guns off the streets is a good policy if used correctly and not used just to discriminate against minority groups. I support that policy in high crime areas because it has been shown to work in the past.

"A 2017 study in The Journal of Politics found that the introduction of a mandate in 2013 that officers provide thorough justifications for stopping suspects led to far fewer stops, far fewer detainments of innocent people and increased the ratio of stops that ultimately produced evidence of the crime that the police stopped the suspect for."

Stop and frisk is a textbook example of what not to do. It wastes time, erodes the relationship between police and the community they are supposed to serve, and the court ruled the way NYC did it was unconstitutional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-and-frisk_in_New_York_City#Crime

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/09/is-stop-and-frisk-unconstitutional/
By Sivad
"Pete Buttigieg is a human TED talk, Amy Klobuchar eats salad with a comb" - Tucker Carlson

:lol:
By JohnRawls
Sivad wrote:"Pete Buttigieg is a human TED talk, Amy Klobuchar eats salad with a comb" - Tucker Carlson

:lol:

Buttigeig as P and AOC as VP ticket can be legendary. Probably won't happen though. Risky idea but I like it very much.

Bernie P - Buttigeig VP is also not so bad. (If Bernie gets the nominations this is very viable solution to challenge Trump)

If Buttiegeig gets the nomination then instead of AOC/Bernie he will probably get Warren as VP or something of the sort. (This is really boring and uncreative. Trump will be happy with this)

I would pay solid gold bars just to see Buttigeig as P and AOC as VP in action especially vs Trump + Somebody else like Sarah Palin. :excited:
By colliric
I want Sarah Palin to run for President in 2024!

I have supported her since 2007, and I want her to have a shot at the top job.
By Code Rood
colliric wrote:I want Sarah Palin to run for President in 2024!

I have supported her since 2007, and I want her to have a shot at the top job.

Umm... why? Not that it really matters, but I'd love to know.
By Pants-of-dog
We should forbid anyone from being elected to Congress, the senate, or POTUS if they have received donations from billionaires, or are a billionaire.
By colliric
Code Rood wrote:Umm... why? Not that it really matters, but I'd love to know.

I have always agreed with her entire political platform, with the exception of her support for Zionists and Israel. She is also, apart from Mike Pence, the most likely Republican Party potential 2024 Candidate that will continue fully the Trump platform for at least another 4 years.

I only majorly disagree with President Trump's Zionist support and his position on the two-state solution. Palin's platform is traditionally identical to Trump's. Her strong popularist personality also frankly reminds me of my political hero, so there's definitely an aspect of that.

Also I want a first female president to happen and be a Republican. I am a somewhat swinging voter(in Australia we have the luxury of Preference Voting) and I admit Bernie and Tulsi's far better position on Israel has tempted me to change my support, plus I like genuine Democrats that go all in. But that's only one thing I agree with them on, while with Trump and Palin it's the only issue I disagree with them on.
By Rich
The Democratic party going right back to its forerunner with Jefferson has always been the party of corruption, immorality, patriarchal authoritarianism, sectarian popularism and bigotry. Hence the way it latched on to Irish and Italian America communities back in the late nineteenth century. Basically they recognised that the writing was on the wall for the Jim Crow Kleptocracies and that Black Urban kleptocracies were the next big thing for their future coalitions.

Anyway what do people think of Bernichar as the Democrat's dream ticket?
By Big Steve-2
JohnRawls wrote:Buttigeig as P and AOC as VP ticket can be legendary. Probably won't happen though. Risky idea but I like it very much.

Buttigeig isn't nearly that stupid.

Bernie P - Buttigeig VP is also not so bad. (If Bernie gets the nominations this is very viable solution to challenge Trump)

If Buttiegeig gets the nomination then instead of AOC/Bernie he will probably get Warren as VP or something of the sort. (This is really boring and uncreative. Trump will be happy with this)

When was the last time a nominee, of either party, chose one of his opposing candidates as a running mate? I can't recall it happening.
By JohnRawls
The Mariner wrote:Buttigeig isn't nearly that stupid.

When was the last time a nominee, of either party, chose one of his opposing candidates as a running mate? I can't recall it happening.

Don't be a party pooper.... Anyways, the logic remains kinda the same. If Buttigeg wins then his partner will be a Bernie-like individual. While if Bernie wins then his partner will be someone more centrist/moderate.

I'd still rig the US primaries to see Buttigeg+AOC vs Trump+Sarah Palin.
By blackjack21
The Mariner wrote:When was the last time a nominee, of either party, chose one of his opposing candidates as a running mate? I can't recall it happening.

Reagan chose Bush. Remember Bush calling Reagan's economic ideas "voodoo economics" in the primaries?

late wrote:Stop and frisk is a textbook example of what not to do. It wastes time, erodes the relationship between police and the community they are supposed to serve, and the court ruled the way NYC did it was unconstitutional.

Stop-and-frisk isn't unconstitutional. Targeting people for stop and frisk by their race is unconstitutional.

jimjam wrote:And today : “WOW, BLOOMBERG IS A TOTAL RACIST!,” the president delivered to his millions of Twitter followers leaked audio from 2015 in which Michael R. Bloomberg, the Democratic presidential hopeful and former New York mayor, offered an unflinching defense of stop-and-frisk policing for which he has since apologized.

You think weak kneed Obese Donald will have the guts to apologize ? :lol:

I don't think so. Donald Trump suggested using it in high crime areas, which is fine. Bloomberg said that all the violent crime was perpetrated by certain racial groups, so putting all the cops there was a good policy. In reality, blacks are 13% of the US population and commit approximately half of all violent crimes, not all violent crimes. So Bloomberg's comments were strictly racist. Bloomberg said it, Bloomberg implemented his policy that way, and Bloomberg has to own it. Maybe you can erase your past if you have $55B. We shall see.

Politics_Observer wrote:Trump is trying despite being impeached for it, to use Rudy Guilinani to get the Ukrainians to investigate Biden. I suspect that Trump will tell the Ukrainians to use their intelligence services to plant false evidence on Biden or his son to get Biden out of the race so he can hopefully win the next election.

If Biden doesn't win decisively in South Carolina, his campaign is finished. It won't matter politically what motivates Trump to investigate Biden.

Politics_Observer wrote:You certainly can't believe any sort of accusations leveled against the Biden's given that Trump was impeached for soliciting Ukraine to get dirt on the Bidens even though there is no dirt to be found.

Sure you can. You just have to be directed by the evidence. Part of the point of impeachment was to create a third rail for investigating the crimes of the Democrats, and there were plenty that lead to the Mueller investigation.

Politics_Observer wrote:However, that might not stop Trump from telling Ukraine via Rudy to plant false evidence against any other candidate he thinks could still very well beat him regardless.

That's a bit paranoid. You'd need a pre-existing context, and there certain is with Biden and a number of other politicians. I don't think you'll find that with Bernie Sanders or Pete Buttigieg.
By Code Rood
JohnRawls wrote:Don't be a party pooper.... Anyways, the logic remains kinda the same. If Buttigeg wins then his partner will be a Bernie-like individual. While if Bernie wins then his partner will be someone more centrist/moderate.

I'd still rig the US primaries to see Buttigeg+AOC vs Trump+Sarah Palin.

Buttigieg seems like the perfect pick now. Totally not interesting or eye-opening. And they can even use the gay card in a very big way. I can already see it happening... the mainstream media just so happens to find a clip of Trump making silly comments about gays in the middle of this ''battle'' between Buttigieg and Trump, and from that moment on the whole election will revolve around what political party is the most homophobic.
Last edited by Code Rood on 12 Feb 2020 15:55, edited 2 times in total.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:

Stop-and-frisk isn't unconstitutional. Targeting people for stop and frisk by their race is unconstitutional.

That's what I said.

The tweet has a photo, which is what actually matt[…]

People like that have been fighting. The US Arm[…]

I wonder how many years we have until America bec[…]

@QatzelOk Mind you, if this is a long-term st[…]