First 2020 Debate Thread - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
colliric wrote:I think Trump won

"48 percent said Biden won the debate, while 41 percent said Trump won, and 10 percent said it was a tie.

Slightly more watchers say debate made them think better of Biden (38%) than worse of him (32%): nets to +6

When it comes to Trump, more watchers say it made them think worse (42%) than better of him (24%): nets to -18
"

— CBS poll of debate watchers in battleground states

:|
ingliz wrote:"48 percent said Biden won the debate, while 41 percent said Trump won, and 10 percent said it was a tie.

Slightly more watchers say debate made them think better of Biden (38%) than worse of him (32%): nets to +6

When it comes to Trump, more watchers say it made them think worse (42%) than better of him (24%): nets to -18
"

Well, obviously. I wrote about this for 3-4 months now. The only thing that you need to do vs Trump is say basic things and let him rant. He will discredit himself and sound like a ravaging mad person. Which he did in this debate. If you are really clever then try to steer him in to minefields of sorts. Not really necessary but a valid additional tactic to show off.

The alt-right spreading the "Demented" Biden conspiracy made the situation a lot worse though because people saw that he isn't demented and quite sane.
The last part of the debate was on mail-in ballots (1:06-1:18). The first hour of the debate was a slugfest but they settled down to discuss serious issues in the last 30 minutes. Trump led Biden by 33 points among voters who planned to vote in person on Election Day. Votes cast on Election Day would skew heavily toward Trump, while votes cast by mail would skew heavily toward Biden. It will be a nightmare for Trump, if he loses the election in the end after all mail-in ballots are counted, which could take weeks.

Lol Trump told his nofap brownshirts to stand by and be ready. Wow.

If you didn't think a vote for Trump was a vote for white supremacy in 2016 then you're probably really excited about voting for white supremacy now.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lol Trump told his nofap brownshirts to stand by and be ready. Wow.

If you didn't think a vote for Trump was a vote for white supremacy in 2016 then you're probably really excited about voting for white supremacy now.

ingliz wrote:"48 percent said Biden won the debate, while 41 percent said Trump won, and 10 percent said it was a tie.

"

Yeah safe to ignore these entirely or the usual suspects are in for the usual surprised pikachu face again.
Stormsmith wrote:Vice President Biden's a good speaker but President Trump didn't let him speak much. Fair enough. But President Trump looked like a grumpy, bossy bully.

This isn't the first Debate I've seen that's left me thinking the moderator ought to be able to switch on/off the debators' microphone gizmo

He's always been, that was his appeal in 2016 for most. Still his appeal now. The moderator was too involved, at one point debating trump himself. His mic should have been switched off.
The big stories are going to be:

-Trump openly calls for violence from the Proud Boys after being asked to condemn white supremacism.

-Trump will not respect the election results.

While it's obvious to anyone who is a regular news consumer that Trump is a racist authoritarian, I think this is the point where it breaks out of Twitter and CNN articles and into local nightly news. That's where the majority of people will get their info from the debates. If you support Trump in this thread congratulations you racist piece of shit, you're a racist piece of shit.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 30 Sep 2020 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

Whenceforth President Donald J. Trump intimated that he has the conspirators of the failed coup on tape, "Sleepy" Joe Biden froze up like a crack pipe left in the sun. Despite the ongoing recalcitrance many of you have exhibited through your ongoing refusal to construe the deeper meaning behind incidents such as these, those tapes will be coming out. And a lot of people are going to be very angry when they find out that Biden was foisted upon them so that he might safeguard himself.
I'm a writer for the Federalist. My job now is to explain how the world's dumbest man couldn't even fake not being racist for a moment.

Trump is a man of considered and precise language, he definitely wasn't calling for violence or failing to condemn racism. A label that even obvious and flagrant racists hate having applied to them because they are aware it's bad. Can I go home and drink now, boss?
SpecialOlympian wrote:While it's obvious to anyone who is a regular news consumer that Trump is a racist authoritarian, I think this is the point where it breaks out of Twitter and CNN articles and into local nightly news. That's where the majority of people will get their info from the debates. If you support Trump in this thread congratulations you racist piece of shit, you're a racist piece of shit.

People don't watch that MSM shit as much as they use to. Not many people trust the MSM anymore.
I said local news, colliric.

Not many people watch cable news in general. Tucker Carlson has the highest rated cable news show and his viewership is 4.5 million, which is around 1% of the country and mostly chairbound Boomers who aren't going to be swayed anyway.

People mainly get their news from the local Fox/ABC/NBC affiliate. The local News At Nine show.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 30 Sep 2020 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
We all witnessed President Trump unhesitantly condemn white supremacy. This groveling attempt to dissemble the issue is pure and unadulterated cringe.

Relatedly, I'm going to join my local Proud Boys chapter.
Go for it, Wulfschilde. You already have violent fantasies of murdering cityfolk for no readily apparent reason, which I'm sure has nothing to do with any personal inadequacies you are unable to deal with. Maybe you can make it up to the fourth rank of being a violent nofap weirdo.

Imagine if Tyler Durden never got to fuck and you got yourself the Proud Boys.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Go for it, Wulfschilde. You already have violent fantaises of murdering cityfolk for no readily apparent reason, which I'm sure has nothing to do with any personal inadequacies you are unable to deal with. Maybe you can make it up to the fourth rank of being a violent nofap weirdo.

Imagine if Tyler Durden never got to fuck and you got yourself the Proud Boys.

I do practice nofap actually and the results have been amazing! It's to your detriment that you are seemingly incapable of appreciating such an inculcation.
By maz
SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm a writer for the Federalist. My job now is to explain how the world's dumbest man couldn't even fake not being racist for a moment.

Trump is a man of considered and precise language, he definitely wasn't calling for violence or failing to condemn racism. A label that even obvious and flagrant racists hate having applied to them because they are aware it's bad. Can I go home and drink now, boss?

LOL why are you obsessed with imaginary white supremacists?
maz wrote:Trump is a man of considered and precise language

"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.”

What does that mean, precisely?
By maz
ingliz wrote:"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.”

What does that mean, precisely?

Who the fuck cares? It means whatever you kooks think it means. Trump is an idiot for even mentioning insignificant activist groups.

How many times does the president have to denounce your boogieman?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And this is how THE HORDE´S “volunteers” help thei[…]

Actually no. You cannot scientifically classify h[…]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

@FiveofSwords https://i.imgur.co[…]

World War II Day by Day

June 8, Saturday Nazi cruisers sink three Britis[…]