Contradictory America - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By QatzelOk
Britezinc, I don't feel the need to furnish proof of cancelled elections in Algeria or Aristide's American-backed coup that destroyed the economy of Haiti with American sanctions and American aid. 300 million dollars in aid was cancelled because Aristide wanted to raise the minimum wage to 2 dollars a day. When the CIA intervened to bring back Aristide without his progressive and desired by Haitians economic policies, the first thing the CIA did was shred tons of files pointing to their complicity in the coup. America's message to the southern hemisphere is: 'Elect a non-capitalist and we'll destroy your society.' Nice going, democracy.
Read more newspapers. Try Common Dreams newsservice for articles from around the globe. Then I won't have to explain them to you.
As for insults... well, The US is a strong country that beats up on little, poor countries. What need is there for insults? America has a pedophilic rape foreign policy.[/u]
By Britezinc
QatzelOk wrote:Britezinc, I don't feel the need to furnish proof of cancelled elections in Algeria or Aristide's American-backed coup that destroyed the economy of Haiti with American sanctions and American aid.

As far as Algeria, unless you can prove your accusations, its just another unsubstatiated charge against the US. Leftist newspapers are full of them. As far as Aristide, the US put him back into power after he was overthrown the first time. He wouldn't have even been in power if the US hadn't put him there. American-backed coup? Another unproven allegation made by leftist newspapers. What American sanctions are you talking about? When did Haiti have an economy worth talking about? It has been one of the poorest countries in the world for a long, long time.

QatzelOk wrote:300 million dollars in aid was cancelled because Aristide wanted to raise the minimum wage to 2 dollars a day.

Aid is charity. No country is entitled to aid. When one country gives another aid, it is charity, unless the donor country is doing it out of self interest. If Haiti is entitled to aid, why doesn't Canada make up for the US? Last time I checked, they gave only 5 million dollars last year. I've scanned some Haitian papers. I haven't read anywhere any mention of this cancelled aid. The aid you are talking about was held up, not cancelled.

QatzelOk wrote:Nice going, democracy.

Try living under a dictatorship.

QatzelOk wrote:Read more newspapers. Try Common Dreams newsservice for articles from around the globe. Then I won't have to explain them to you.

A leftist newspaper. I don't read them. I prefer newspapers to at least hide their editorial veiwpoint and biases, so I can at least pretend to get objective reporting. You should read a wider variety of newspapers, and check your facts.

QatzelOk wrote: America has a pedophilic rape foreign policy.

That insult didn't quite work. And you spelled pedophiliac incorrectly.
By QatzelOk
Not so brite,
You are right. The reason Canada doesn't rape the Third World with the glee of America or Britain is because we're just not man enough. Or at least 50% of us aren't.
By QatzelOk
Note to ToddD:
Your sig is interesting. Tyranny being the act of forcing someone to buy something they don't want because you say it's good for them.
America has been forcing capitalism down so many uninterested countries' throats [It's good for you!] that you have to wonder if your quote doesn't actually say more than you intended. You fucking tyrant.
By Britezinc
QatzelOk wrote:The reason Canada doesn't rape the Third World with the glee of America or Britain is because we're just not man enough.

Include the EU in that group. Japan, too.
By QatzelOk
The group of rapists or the group of 'Not man enough to rape a poor country?"
By Britezinc
QatzelOk wrote:The group of rapists or the group of 'Not man enough to rape a poor country?"

The EU and Japan have exploited and to continue to exploit the Third World.

In this most recent update , charges were dropped […]

So in other words, it was a country initially for[…]

I completely agree that stopping the genocide is […]

Rapper Young Thug’s attorney Brian Steel was held […]