2018 US Elections - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By colliric
SpecialOlympian wrote:"Drain the swamp!"

"No, now that someone could conceivably go after the richest administration ever, don't do it!"

Expect Trump victory in 2020....Your system does have similarities to ours...

You vote one party in your Presidential, then the other in the midterms. We vote one Party in the Federal Election then tend to the other Party in our fucken State Elections.

Deal with it!
By RhetoricThug
You're consciousness having a human experience. YOU WIN, individuality is an illusion, YOU LOSE. BUT what do you WIN or LOSE? You win and LOSE the collective mind, the cultural borg developed by a paradigm that does not serve the human mind. The paradigm serves a mind's construct. That is the truth. I voted. Yall are too deVOTED, hence why you voted in more D&Rs.

Come, wind up the watch... tick tock, consciousness is currency.
colliric wrote:Expect Trump victory in 2020....Your system does have similarities to ours...

You vote one party in your Presidential, then the other in the midterms. We vote one Party in the Federal Election then tend to the other Party in our fucken State Elections.

Deal with it!

So what if Trump wins? He'll end up being completely neutered like Obama in his second term. Which is some shit straight out of a Twilight Zone episode lmbo
By Drlee
First of all Trump is not going to win in 2020. Tonight proved that. Never underestimate the potential for democrats to lose a race but things are not looking good for Trump right now.

He will still have power and a greater majority in the Senate. But look to see his tax returns released showing that he is not nearly as rich as he says he is. Look to see his crooked business stuff come to the fore.

Now the republicans cannot cut social spending to offset their give away to the rich.

But the biggest thing is this. The economy is as good as it has been in a very long time. Even so, the republicans lost the house in a big way.
I like how the people supporting Trump on this board are a bunch of foreigners who want to see their own racism vindicated and one confused old man. And also one extremely fragile nazi who can't bear to be called a nazi because a single microsecond of self reflection causes them to fall apart.
By Albert
The pain is real guys, the pain is real. Why did this happen to us? Where is the Red Tsunami? Now for two years we will have to watch the monkeys in the House like Nancy P and Waters take a big dump allover MAGA.
By pugsville
It's long way out 2020 yet. The jury still out on the dems as far as fielding a decent candidate and platform, IMHO a lot of Trumps victory was built on dumb democrat stuff. I don't think Trump is a certainty to run, I said he would not survive physical and mentally to run in 2020 two years ago (queue the conspiracy theories ) and the republicans are not certain to endorse (though who else do they have?) . Trump won for a number of reasons. they have not necessarily been addressed by the dems. Though you can also say Trump lost the popular vote for a reason, and up against another candidate could have lost quite easily. nieither party should be complacent. Which party actually learns something and evolves could be the winner.
Albert wrote:The pain is real guys, the pain is real. Why did this happen to us? Where is the Red Tsunami? Now for two years we will have to watch the monkeys in the House like Nancy P and Waters take a big dump allover MAGA.

Yeah Trump was really making America great again for idiots.

When I get ready for work and I'm making breakfast I like to turn on NPR. Without fail, they interview some idiot from the Real Heartland of America who says something along the lines of,

"Yeah, I'm getting real hurt by all these tariffs. I might be homeless soon. But I trust in Trump, because you have to suffer before things get better. I'm paying a lot more now for [base component of the thing I sell] but I'm sure he has a good idea of what he's doing. Some day we will have real free trade."

And every morning I lol because they are the dumbest motherfuckers to ever walk the earth.
Midget Mayor of Wisconsinland: Let the joyous news be spread! The ham sandwich man at last is dead!

Get fucked, Scott Walker. You union crushing piece of shit.
By Crantag
Looking at the data, there was one major upset. Oklahoma's fifth district, which was suppose to be Republican safe, went to the Democrat on Kendra Horn's defeat of Steve Russell. There are quite a number of razor thin races, as well.

The Democrats have already clinched the 218 seats for a majority in the house. It seems that this is where their level stands right now. The Senate is split 53-47 for the Republicans.
By Ter
I think that all parties will have to play it nice in order to get things done.
Trump can fight subpoenas in court, he can veto legislation and he can continue to implement his programme. He might even get funding for his wall, attached to other proposals.
The Democrats can get some of their policies implemented as well.

In case they can't play nice together, paralysis of governance seems likely for the next couple of years.
By Crantag
Albert wrote:This is bullshit man, this is bullshit. Life is unfair.

That said, it's nice to hear you complain like that.

Aren't you Canadian or something? What's it to you?

I didn't even vote because I'm abroad, and don't vote for local things in places where I don't live.

That said, my former home isn't in any contested races.

I imagine I'll vote in 2020, at least for the presidency.
By Sivad
Progressives could have forced a major political realignment but instead they opted for bullshit as usual. :knife:
Its not a big deal Obama lost the house too infact vast majority of presidents lost the house in mid term

the senate is still republican and thats more important

Democrats cant do alot and they definetly cant make an impeachment as they would need the approval of the senate aswell

Zionism was never a religious movement basing i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1801949727069[…]

I submit this informed piece by the late John Pil[…]