Racial Injustice in America: The Case of John White (Graphic - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
John White's story is a modern, praiseworthy revision of Emmett Till's.

For those who do not know, Emmett Till was a fourteen-year-old boy from Illinois who was murdered for reportedly whistling at a White woman in 1955 Mississippi.

Whether the boy whistled or not is disputable, yet what followed was an indication of the racial environment of yesteryear.

Two White men armed with guns came upon his Uncle's house and, being White, walked into the protesting Uncle's house to find Emmett Till.

The Uncle begged the White men to whip the child in his home. He begged and begged.

Yet the Whites, convinced of exacting atrocities against the child, removed the handsome boy and mutilated him.

He turned from a living boy looking like this:

To a murdered boy looking like this:

--

A month ago, John White, had this misfortune of having a few hooligan White teenagers in New York without his house, calling him and his family racist expletives and demanding access into his house for his son and possibly his wife.

In the original encounter, John White walks away after innocent remonstrations, yet, the children so stubborn, privileged and staunch continue their aggression against his home.

So John White shoots and kills only one of the boys. He's done much lighter than he should.

Just yesterday, he went to jail, his court appeal was denied and the timing is where the racial injustice comes in.

His appeal was denied right after the Supreme Court of the United States of America ruled that what he had done was constitutional.

So to say, his appeals court waited on the Supreme Court then rejected his appeal.

This is a portrait of the U.S.

I saw this man the day before he went to jail. He has a light build and he serves as a deacon in his church. It's an extreme injustice that a man, protecting his family, child and wife, has to do jail and be away from them because some White hooligans were impressed that 2010 is 1955.

Utter nonsense.
By Oxymoron
The second event had more to do with Economics then race. Remember when A white Italian knocked a would be car thief with a bat, he went to jail for how long??? But when a black man kills a white kid, thats called self defence rather then a hate crime.

Zyx you dont have a leg to stand on.
By Thunderhawk
continue their aggression against his home.

Insults were mentioned, but what else was done to be labled aggression?
By Dagoth Ur
Stopping people who're yelling racial expletives from invading your home is now a hate crime. Thanks Oxy.
By Oxymoron
And Gino has a right to protect his nieghborhood from theives without being labeled a racist.
By Captain Sam
Oxymoron wrote:And Gino has a right to protect his nieghborhood from theives without being labeled a racist.

I believe the difference is that "Gino" didn't have his life or his family's lives threatened. It's generally frowned upon to kill a thief unless they pose a threat to your or someone elses life.
By Oxymoron
He went to jail for a long time for hitting a criminal, the reason for this is because he is white and the criminal was black. He was charged with a hate crime instead of simple assault at the worst and his life is now ruined.
By Nattering Nabob
It's an extreme injustice that a man, protecting his family, child and wife, has to do jail and be away from them because some White hooligans were impressed that 2010 is 1955.

Utter nonsense.

Four years in jail for shooting and killing someone who only used his words at the end of your driveway is hardly "extreme injustice"...

Or were you taking a ridiculous stance in order to start a discussion?
By Zyx
Oxymoron wrote:Remember when A white Italian knocked a would be car thief with a bat, he went to jail for how long???

You mean the rich business man who had a thief subdued then walked away, retrieved a golfing cane and proceeded to beat the subdued thief?

Otherwise, I don't remember any Ginos or talking on any Ginos so I don't see why I'm accused of not standing on any legs.

Thunderhawk wrote:Insults were mentioned, but what else was done to be labled aggression?

See Dagoth Ur's post.

The boys came to his house to attack his child.

Nattering Nabob wrote:Four years in jail for shooting and killing someone who only used his words at the end of your driveway is hardly "extreme injustice"...

He was stopping a home invasion, Nattering Nabob.

If people are convinced into coming into your house and doing your family harm.

There's two ways of addressing the issue.

One is to let them in your house and the other is to stop them from getting into your house.

If words don't suffice, shooting them all dead should.

Nattering Nabob, feel free to let thugs into your house.
By Nattering Nabob
He was stopping a home invasion, Nattering Nabob.

If people are convinced into coming into your house and doing your family harm.

There's two ways of addressing the issue.

One is to let them in your house and the other is to stop them from getting into your house.

If words don't suffice, shooting them all dead should.

Nattering Nabob, feel free to let thugs into your house.

He wasn't stopping a home invasion...the shooting took place 81 feet from the front door and according to White he fired the gun accidentally...2-4 years for this is hardly an "extreme injustice"...
By Wolfman
Jailing someone for this is an injustice. The record is the greater injustice, since it's going to follow him everywhere he goes for the rest of his life.
By Thunderhawk
See Dagoth Ur's post.

The boys came to his house to attack his child.

Were they bashing the door? Throwing bricks? Saying they were going to kill him?
Ive seen a lot of guys talk shit, some even go so far as to follow a person home, yet most did nothing when given the oppertunity. Where those kids known for being violent against the boy in general? Where they known members of a gang/KKK/etc.? Is the neighbourhood a violent one?

The environment needs to be explained for the actions to be understood. Otherwise lethal force seems excessive to me.
By Rilzik
I'm not familiar with this case, but the kids were unarmed in his driveway, yelling threats right? I didn't read anything that suggested that the kids made a attempt to enter the home. Is that correct?

From what I know the use of deadly force in most states is only allowed with someone is committing a felony, such as forcefully coming into the home.

In some states you literally would have had to put you family and yourself in the safest place you could in the house and wait till your cornered until you can shoot someone. Alot of decent people goto jail because they don't understand gun laws.

So in most cases, Mr. White would be arrested for manslaughter regardless of race.

Mr. White and his son shouldn't have been out on the lawn arguing with a group of angry people with loaded guns. It looks like he was assaulted on his own property though. There should be enough other law cases similar to this I would think. I'd bet that they would back up a sentence of manslaughter.

This case isn't like Emmett Till's.

Accidentally shooting someone is still killing someone. I'm inclined to side with Mr. White at least for a light sentence, but he is still guilty of being a dumbass with a gun.
By Wolfman
From what I know the use of deadly force in most states is only allowed with someone is committing a felony, such as forcefully coming into the home.

In Nebraska, if someone is threatening violence against you, you are justified in using force.
By Dagoth Ur
If someone followed me home in an antagonistic fashion I'd have no problem beating the shit out of them with whatever I have at hand. Whether or not they weren't going to do anything ultimately is inconsequential in the moment and its completely unfair to blame someone for reacting violently to violence.
By Rilzik
If someone followed me home in an antagonistic fashion I'd have no problem beating the shit out of them with whatever I have at hand. Whether or not they weren't going to do anything ultimately is inconsequential in the moment and its completely unfair to blame someone for reacting violently to violence.

Right but that's not the law. The argument here is that the law or courts are racist. That's not the case in this instance from what I understand.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]