Key Rasmussen Polls - Page 57 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Drlee
- Democrats on Capitol Hill are once again talking about taxpayer-funded reparations as a tangible way to apologize for slavery in this country, but most voters still aren’t buying.

:roll:

With charges and countercharges swirling around former Vice President Joe Biden, most voters continue to believe the media is all about controversy and too quick to convict public figures.

What charges and counter charges? That he rubbed a woman's neck in front of thousands of people?

:roll:

Let's not let Rasmussen lose a single opportunity to deliver a republican message.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:What charges and counter charges? That he rubbed a woman's neck in front of thousands of people?

It is about his thinly disguised misogyny of unwanted touching of women that made them feel disrespected and uncomfortable. A bad, bad man that is unworthy of being President.
By jimjam
Drlee wrote::lol: :lol:

Isn't Hindsite an interesting specimen? His boy brags about grabbing stranger women's pussy's and suddenly:

Hindsite wrote:It is about his thinly disguised misogyny of unwanted touching of women that made them feel disrespected and uncomfortable. A bad, bad man that is unworthy of being President.

But, of course, anything excepting tales of great accomplishments and super masculinity that pertains to Donald is ….. "fake news" ….. :lol: entertaining in the extreme.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Isn't Hindsite an interesting specimen? His boy brags about grabbing stranger women's pussy's and suddenly:

You don't seem to understand that Trump was simply attempting to get a laugh with locker room type talk. No where do you see Trump actually grabbing any women as you see Joe Biden do.
By Doug64
Hindsite wrote:You don't seem to understand that Trump was simply attempting to get a laugh with locker room type talk. No where do you see Trump actually grabbing any women as you see Joe Biden do.

For me personally, that someone—male or female—considers that kind of behavior something to boast about is disqualifying for any public office. What Biden did is creepily touchy-feelie, but doesn’t seem to have been either sexual or intentionally disrespectful of the women. So yeah, I can see voters considering the press’s reaction to Biden’s antics as an overblown pursuit of ratings.
By Hindsite
Doug64 wrote:For me personally, that someone—male or female—considers that kind of behavior something to boast about is disqualifying for any public office. What Biden did is creepily touchy-feelie, but doesn’t seem to have been either sexual or intentionally disrespectful of the women. So yeah, I can see voters considering the press’s reaction to Biden’s antics as an overblown pursuit of ratings.

I enjoy humor of many types, so that is probably why I even find Trump's campaign speeches entertaining. But Biden's actions of physical laying his hands on women in public as he does is not the kind of behavior I respect of any man. I certainly would not do it. Perhaps, he has learned enough now to change his ways.
By Doug64
Here's this weekend's round-up of polls. Anyone that wants to check out any possible links over the next week can go to the link to the left. (Anyone wanting more details on a particular poll, just ask):

In surveys last week, this is what America told Rasmussen Reports:

- President Trump ended the week with a daily job approval of 49%.

- A prominent Democratic congresswoman has called for cutting U.S. military aid to Israel following the reelection of the “Trump-like” Benjamin Netanyahu as prime minister. But voters here don’t appear ready to do that.

- A Muslim congresswoman has drawn criticism for recent comments that appeared to downplay the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, but voters are closely divided over whether Americans even remember that horrific day. One-in-three can’t say how many died in those attacks.

- Pete Buttigieg, the little-known Democratic mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is hoping to be the first openly gay presidential nominee of a major party. Most voters are willing to support a gay president, but they’re far less confident that others close to them feel the same way.

- WikiLeaks honcho Julian Assange doesn’t have many friends among voters in this country, and a sizable majority want to send him to prison for leaking U.S. classified information via the internet.

- Most voters now suspect President Obama or his top people knew that intelligence agencies were spying on the Trump campaign, but they don’t expect anyone to be punished for breaking the law.

- Americans remain convinced that the federal minimum wage is too low and needs to be raised. But they’re less sure that raising the minimum wage will boost the economy.

- Americans are behind schedule when it comes to filing their income taxes by today’s deadline.

- Forty-one percent (41%) of voters think the country is heading in the right direction.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:You don't seem to understand that Trump was simply attempting to get a laugh with locker room type talk. No where do you see Trump actually grabbing any women as you see Joe Biden do.

Oh, I didn't know he was in a locker room :lol: .

Reminds me of the White House Shill Sara Sanders admitting to a lie while under oath and later ,when in the friendly confines of Fox Fake News, saying something like "Oh gosh! I was confused and just caught up in the moment." :lol:

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive? :lol:
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Oh, I didn't know he was in a locker room :lol: .

I did not say they were in a locker room. Donald and Billy were on a bus. What I said was they were using locker room type humor. That was how Donald explained it. Billy was laughing, so he must have liked the joke.

jimjam wrote:Reminds me of the White House Shill Sara Sanders admitting to a lie while under oath and later ,when in the friendly confines of Fox Fake News, saying something like "Oh gosh! I was confused and just caught up in the moment." :lol:

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive? :lol:

That is something that CNN and MSNBC should remembered before they begin ten more years of lies to deceive their viewers.
By Doug64
Here's this weekend's round-up of polls. Anyone that wants to check out any possible links over the next week can go to the link to the left. (Anyone wanting more details on a particular poll, just ask):

- South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg is a political newcomer on the national stage, but he runs a close race with President Trump in a new White House Watch hypothetical 2020 matchup.

- Voters think Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report is unlikely to help congressional Democrats impeach President Trump, but they expect reporters to try to hurt the president with it if they can.

- A sizable number of voters don’t agree with the findings of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report, although many of them are not exactly sure why. Most voters think politics is the reason for the criticism.

- Voters still aren’t eager to live in so-called sanctuary communities, and they tend to support President Trump’s proposal to send illegal immigrants to those communities.

- President Trump continues to question the monetary moves of the Federal Reserve Board, but voters give the central bank its highest approval in years. They also suspect that the Fed is less independent of the president than it was during the Obama years.

- Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa is an increasing presence in American households, but most suspect that the online mega-retailer is using it to spy on customers.

- Forty-one percent (42%) of voters think the country is heading in the right direction.
By Doug64

- President Trump ended the week with a daily job approval of 50%.

- Democrats remain convinced that President Obama is largely responsible for the economic boom that followed Donald Trump’s election, but voters in general agree that Trump’s impeachment would be bad news for the U.S. economy.

- President Trump has announced that he is tightening up the process for foreigners seeking asylum in the United States to shift resources to the borders. Voters agree the asylum process needs work and that the borders need help.

- The president earned a monthly job approval of 50% in April, up two points from March and his highest monthly rating since February 2017, his first full month in office.

- Most Americans remain confident about their ability to get a job and get ahead in the current economy. Most working adults expect a raise, too.

- Hillary Clinton’s back in the news, claiming once again that she was robbed in the 2016 election and that President Trump should be impeached. But voters don’t see a Hillary Clinton presidency as a better deal for them.

- Americans are feeling better about the future than they have in over 12 years of regular surveying.

- The contest to be the next Democratic presidential nominee is shaping up literally as a free-for-all, with Senator Elizabeth Warren the latest entrant. She is promising if elected to forgive most student debt and make public universities free, all with a 10-year price tag of $1.25 trillion. Americans aren’t thrilled.

- Forty percent (40%) of voters think the country is heading in the right direction.
By Drlee
She is promising if elected to forgive most student debt and make public universities free, all with a 10-year price tag of $1.25 trillion. Americans aren’t thrilled.

This is not true. It would be far to hard to understand why. Suffice it to say that the infusion of 1.25 trillion into the economy over 10 years would be highly stimulative. So whether it costs anything or not is up in the air.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:This is not true. It would be far to hard to understand why. Suffice it to say that the infusion of 1.25 trillion into the economy over 10 years would be highly stimulative. So whether it costs anything or not is up in the air.

Anyone with common sense knows that if the government starts paying for state college and university tuition, then the tuition cost will be raised in following years. That is the way capitalism works. The reason the tuition is as high as it is now is because the government basically took over student loans with the government guarantee with setting borrowing limits and interest rates, resulting in the incentives for students to borrow and colleges to raise prices.

Private lenders need to turn a profit at the end of the day, so they must be scrupulous about how much money they lend, and to whom, and for what sort of education. Banks have an incentive to only support education which is financially worthwhile. While they may sometimes make mistakes, private student lenders must work towards continuous improvement, or else the lenders will go out of business.

The federal government, by contrast, has no incentive to incorporate such scruples into student lending. Any losses on federal student loans are borne by taxpayers, not the government officials who actually design and operate the loan program. Politically-connected institutions successfully fight efforts to rein in irresponsible lending. That’s why the default rate on federal loans to undergraduates exceeds 25% and federal money continues to flow to institutions where only a small fraction of students graduate.

But the moment the government gives private banks a taxpayer guarantee, free-market discipline evaporates. When taxpayers bear the losses arising from irresponsible lending, private actors lose their incentive to sort out good bets from bad.
By Drlee
First Hindsite, it is about time you made a comprehensive argument. Good job. And it may surprise you to know that I agree with just about all of it. I am, a conservative after all.

Couple of points:

Anyone with common sense knows that if the government starts paying for state college and university tuition, then the tuition cost will be raised in following years. That is the way capitalism works. The reason the tuition is as high as it is now is because the government basically took over student loans with the government guarantee with setting borrowing limits and interest rates, resulting in the incentives for students to borrow and colleges to raise prices.

Absolutely correct. Because there is unlimited money available the only incentive left is the amount that a student believes he/she will be able to repay. And that is why tuition is so high.

Private lenders need to turn a profit at the end of the day, so they must be scrupulous about how much money they lend, and to whom, and for what sort of education. Banks have an incentive to only support education which is financially worthwhile. While they may sometimes make mistakes, private student lenders must work towards continuous improvement, or else the lenders will go out of business.

Sort of. They would, for example, be perfectly justified in loaning a medical student more than they loan an English major. And they would be equally justified in not loaning money at all. Or in paying the money to the school for tuition and not directly to the student. All sorts of things.

The federal government, by contrast, has no incentive to incorporate such scruples into student lending. Any losses on federal student loans are borne by taxpayers, not the government officials who actually design and operate the loan program. Politically-connected institutions successfully fight efforts to rein in irresponsible lending. That’s why the default rate on federal loans to undergraduates exceeds 25% and federal money continues to flow to institutions where only a small fraction of students graduate.

Yup.

But the moment the government gives private banks a taxpayer guarantee, free-market discipline evaporates. When taxpayers bear the losses arising from irresponsible lending, private actors lose their incentive to sort out good bets from bad.

Also true. That is why I would get the government completely out of the loan business at all. If I was president I would introduce legislation completely disbanding the Education Department. The states could and should handle this themselves. Until 1980 they mostly did. Now we have this behemoth that hands out money with little or no oversight and no accountability as you said.

The purpose of the Department of Education is to politically control local schools by giving them just enough money to make them toe the line on the issue du jeor.

If the federal government decides it is in the interest of the country to encourage certain careers (doctors for example) then I have no problem with it establishing a grant program to help pay for them on a limited basis. Perhaps requiring new doctors to repay their education by serving under served populations for a couple of years.

I really have no problem forgiving some or all of the current loans as long as the loan program ends or is severely restricted. States could then decide what help they are to give the students and how to tax their people to pay for it. That is completely consistent with our constitution and the notion of local government.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:I really have no problem forgiving some or all of the current loans as long as the loan program ends or is severely restricted. States could then decide what help they are to give the students and how to tax their people to pay for it. That is completely consistent with our constitution and the notion of local government.

That seems somewhat unfair to me, especially to those that were responsible and already repaid their loans.
By Drlee
That seems somewhat unfair to me, especially to those that were responsible and already repaid their loans.

Why is it unfair? Just change the law. There are some small minded people who will say, "I repaid mine so now they have to repay theirs". But anyone who says that would have gladly had their loan forgiven if it was possible at the time.

What is unfair is that young people are forced to pay way to much for school because the schools know that they can charge whatever they want and the federal government will loan students enough to pay it.
By Doug64

- Senator Kamala Harris of California is no threat to President Trump in a new White House Watch hypothetical 2020 matchup.

- With the economy booming, Americans are much more confident that hard work pays off and are worrying a lot less about the level of government dependency in the country.

- While the Trump administration works to shift U.S. visa policy to a merit-based system rather than a family-based one, most voters continue to favor a crackdown on those who overstay their welcome.

- Americans tend to favor Democratic presidential hopeful Cory Booker’s idea of a federal gun license, even though most don’t trust the federal government with gun laws and don’t expect Booker’s plan to reduce gun crime.

- As tensions escalate with Iran over its nuclear weapons program, voters here are more supportive of President Trump’s get-tough attitude but are not optimistic that it will bring needed change.

- Voters continue to strongly oppose government benefits and constitutional legal rights for those here illegally and think the availability of those things is a magnet for further illegal immigration.

- Congressional Democrats seem to be in an impeaching mood these days, but voters think their threats against President Trump, Attorney General William Barr and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh are going nowhere.

- Forty-two percent (42%) of voters think the country is heading in the right direction.
By Hong Wu
You used to be able to just add +/- 2 points for polls but they are getting pretty blatantly skewed these days. No idea what to think anymore. Sad!
By Doug64

- President Trump ended the week with a daily job approval of 45%.

- The Rasmussen Reports Economic Index climbed to 143.4 in May, up three points from last month and the highest finding this year.

- Repairing America’s infrastructure may be the only thing President Trump and congressional Democrats can agree on, but Americans aren’t nearly as worried about the country’s roads and bridges these days. They’re still not overly enthusiastic about paying for any repairs anyway.

- A prominent actress is urging women not to have sex with men until new laws regulating abortion are repealed, but not surprisingly the idea of a so-called “sex strike” isn’t a popular one. There are a lot of undecideds, though.

- As President Trump continues fighting China over its unfair trade practices, Americans remain worried, and a sizable number fear that it will impact them personally.

- Voters are more critical of the job Congress is doing, and most continue to believe the legislators should work more with President Trump. They also still think the president, not Democratic congressional leader Nancy Pelosi, should set the agenda.

- Democrats running for the White House face a big obstacle in President Trump’s booming economy, but most adults in their party are banking on an economic downturn by next year.

- Voters continue to say that illegal immigration is the most pressing issue for Congress, but they also still have very little confidence that President Trump and congressional Democrats can get anything done.

- Forty percent (42%) of voters think the country is heading in the right direction.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tainari, make a separate thread for that boring co[…]

The right to resist does not include a right comm[…]

As many of you know, not long ago, Russian Presid[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]