Key Rasmussen Polls - Page 45 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
Doug64 wrote:Sixty-four percent (64%) of Democrats worry that the president and Congress will cut taxes too much. Fifty-four percent (54%) of Republicans are worried that they won’t cut taxes enough.

This just proves my point that most Democrats are crazy.
By Drlee
This just proves my point that most Democrats are crazy.

I see. They are crazy because they want to balance the budget and pay off the deficit. Got it.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:I see. They are crazy because they want to balance the budget and pay off the deficit. Got it.

That is the last thing the Democrats want. They have always been the party of tax and spend America into debt in order to solve the social woes. Look what happened with Obama's runaway budget that added $10 trillion in debt that doubled our total debt to nearly $20 trillion in just his 8 years alone, because he had a Democrat majority in congress that would not check their tax and spend policy like the Republicans did to Bill Clinton's administration. The only spending that I can remember the Democrats have ever cut is on Defense.
Last edited by Hindsite on 09 Oct 2017 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
By Hindsite
Zagadka wrote:How absurd.

Yes, it is. Throwing more and more money at social woes have proven fruitless. It only appears to work at first and then falls apart as the debt and deficit rises. Woe to those that think money solves all evil.
By Drlee
Well Hindsite. I think before you talk about President Obama you should perhaps look at what he inherited from GWB. For example an economy on the brink of collapse, the largest unfunded mandate in the country's history and an enormous war unfunded by tax dollars.

But that would require you to study history.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:Well Hindsite. I think before you talk about President Obama you should perhaps look at what he inherited from GWB. For example an economy on the brink of collapse, the largest unfunded mandate in the country's history and an enormous war unfunded by tax dollars.

But that would require you to study history.

How could I not know that? Obama and the Democrats have used that for their excuse from the first year Obama was elected and it never stopped as they continued to double the national debt.

What do we have for it? Not an end to the wars as Obama promised even though he received the Noble Peace Prize based only on his promises when he had been President for only a few months. Oh yeah, he was a big talker, but never closed down the prison at Guantanamo bay, even after releasing many terrorist to rejoin their terrorist groups to kill and terrorize more people. I could go on and on, but it will only get me more angry with the stupid crazy liberals.
By Drlee
I don't give a rats ass what President Obama did. He is no longer in office. President Trump is. He has control of the house and senate and a favorable balance on the Supreme Court. And what has he done legislatively? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

He is feuding with his own party. Just today slamming his Secretary of State and a prominent Senator. He has repeatedly He said that the US has "the highest taxes in the world". This is factually untrue. And the president knows it. He is quick to slam republican senators having openly attacked several. I can't honestly tell you why he is doing this. His tax cut ideas are likely to raise the deficit to unimaginable numbers.

I am a republican. I am getting very concerned for my party. It seems to be in complete disarray. It simply looks like they are trying to throw the 2018 elections. They could lose the house and the senate. If this happens, the party is in serious trouble in the long haul.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:I don't give a rats ass what President Obama did. He is no longer in office. President Trump is. He has control of the house and senate and a favorable balance on the Supreme Court. And what has he done legislatively? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You have a wrong understanding of how our government works. The President is in the Executive branch of Government. The Congress is in the Legislative branch and are tasked with getting thinks done legislatively.

Drlee wrote:He is feuding with his own party. Just today slamming his Secretary of State and a prominent Senator. He has repeatedly He said that the US has "the highest taxes in the world". This is factually untrue. And the president knows it. He is quick to slam republican senators having openly attacked several. I can't honestly tell you why he is doing this. His tax cut ideas are likely to raise the deficit to unimaginable numbers.

President Trump is doing this to get all the GOP in line with the agenda to make America greater than ever before. The Secretary of State and the prominent Senator needed to be slammed to get them in line or get them out. Yes, the President has openly attacked the senators that needed to be attacked.

It does not matter whether our taxes are the highest or the second highest or the third highest. What matters is that our high taxes hurt our ability to sell our products overseas to other countries. His exaggeration highlights that problem, which is true. However, the tax cut idea worked good under President Reagan by helping the economy. The Democrats never worried about increasing the deficit, so that is a minor concern. We can pay down the debt after we get the economy going strong.

Drlee wrote:I am a republican. I am getting very concerned for my party. It seems to be in complete disarray. It simply looks like they are trying to throw the 2018 elections. They could lose the house and the senate. If this happens, the party is in serious trouble in the long haul.

I think your problem may be that you watch Democrat sources for your political news, like CNN, NBC, and other MSM. You need to switch over to FOX News and other more conservative sources, such as Rush Limbaugh.
http://newstalk1290.com/show/rush-limbaugh-live/

http://rightwingnews.com/lists/the-15-b ... -internet/
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote: Rush Limbaugh.

Mr. Limbaugh is a master propagandist who ranks up there with the best in his profession like, for instance, Joseph Goebbels. He earns his million bucks a week by reducing hate to a commodity which he sells with great skill. Hate, obviously, has a capacity to take hold of and control people's minds far more effectively than, say, love. He even has the perfect voice for his task. Booming with a ring of authenticity and truth. I admire the man's talent but certainly not the hateful nonsense he bellows incessantly about. He has done his share to divide and hurt America.
By Stormsmith
Hindsite wrote:That is the last thing the Democrats want. They have always been the party of tax and spend America into debt in order to solve the social woes. Look what happened with Obama's runaway budget that added $10 trillion in debt that doubled our total debt to nearly $20 trillion in just his 8 years alone, because he had a Democrat majority in congress that would not check their tax and spend policy like the Republicans did to Bill Clinton's administration. The only spending that I can remember the Democrats have ever cut is on Defense.

This is a reflection on just how dire the situation was when Obama won the White house. And whilst he had to spend a bundle, he reduced the deficit annually for his last 5 years. Clinton reduced the debt for 3 years. Tax and spend worked

What doesn't work is cut taxes, give subsidies to wealthy companies and when the debt goes up and up and up as Bush did until the bloody banks collapsed, then tax the grandkids. Lather, rinse repeat his daddy.
By Doug64
I cannot believe how late I am this week -- the Age of Chivalry renaissance faire last weekend was fun, but not that fun! Anyway, here's last weekend's round-up of polls. Anyone that wants to check out any possible links over the next week can go to the link to the left. (Anyone wanting more details on a particular poll, just ask):

One hallmark of the Trump administration has been its untangling and elimination of federal regulations, especially those imposed throughout the Obama administration. Among the regulations being eliminated are those stemming from the Paris climate agreement, which President Trump is walking away from.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is rolling back a regulation that requires a big drop in carbon dioxide emissions from power plants by 2030, but most voters think they shouldn’t be allowed to make such calls without the approval of Congress.

Although they would prefer to keep that regulation in place and are less concerned now about the costs involved in implementing the requirements, voters are still torn on the impact it will have on fighting global warming.

Meanwhile, the economy has been energized since Trump’s election in November, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average is still pushing into record territory.

For the first time in eight years of tracking, more than half of homeowners see a rising home value in their future.

At the end of the previous week, the overall Rasmussen Reports Economic Index for October had risen two points to 129.2, continuing to show the highest level of economic confidence since this tracking began in 2014.

Still, voters are evenly divided over whether Trump or President Obama is responsible for the current economic boom but continue to have a lot more economic faith in themselves than in the man in the White House.

Also, some Republicans are not seeing Trump as a major asset on the campaign trail, and voters in general think support for the president's agenda is more likely to hurt rather than help a congressional incumbent.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has recently been the butt of considerable Republican scorn, and a senior House Democrat said last week that it was time for House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to step down. But only a fifth of Democrats think her departure would be a good idea.

Polarization among today’s voters is glaringly apparent when they are asked whether the U.S. Constitution should be changed or left alone, with support for the Constitution at its lowest level in a decade.

The wound to the national psyche continued to fester after the so-far inexplicable mass shooting in Las Vegas, which Trump called “an act of pure evil,” while many of his opponents were instead trying to blame the guns involved. Americans strongly agree that there is evil in this world but tend to believe society, not the individual, is to blame.

Seventy-four percent (74%) believe most politicians raise gun-related issues not to address real problems but to get elected. Among voters who favor more gun control, 40% think it is possible for the government to confiscate all privately owned guns in America.

In other surveys last week:

-- Trump has repeatedly called out National Football League team owners in the partially tax-subsidized league for allowing player protests during the national anthem. Americans aren’t convinced that team owners have the right to order their players not to protest, but they don’t support the tax breaks the league is receiving.

-- As this year’s Nobel Prize winners are being announced, including last week’s Peace Prize to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, most Americans aren’t are paying attention and are evenly split over whether it’s the most prestigious award one can win.

-- Support for Columbus Day, celebrated nationally on Monday, is at its highest level in several years, but a sizable number of Americans are ready to replace it with Indigenous Peoples’ Day, an idea that’s already caught on in a number of places around the country.

-- Thirty-two percent (32%) of Likely U.S. Voters now think the country is heading in the right direction.
By Doug64
So now I'm only slightly late, instead of really late. Here's last weekend's round-up of polls. Anyone that wants to check out any possible links over the next week can go to the link to the left. (Anyone wanting more details on a particular poll, just ask):

Sexual abuse and the treatment of women in the workplace continued to capture national attention this week as the number of allegations of sexual assault and rape against former Hollywood movie producer Harvey Weinstein grew. The allegations resulted in Weinstein being fired from the company he founded and the opening of criminal investigations against him. Many say the Hollywood issue transcends Weinstein.

Most Americans see sexual harassment in the workplace as a serious problem, and nearly half have experienced it themselves or know someone who has.

Americans also continue to think the politics of Hollywood bend to the left and that the film industry has a negative impact on society.

Most Americans think, generally speaking, men and women are equally capable of doing virtually all jobs.

However, Americans aren’t on board with the Boy Scouts of America’s (BSA) plans to begin admitting girls into their ranks amid declining membership. Despite recognizing the difficulty of getting kids to become scouts, most Americans think Boy Scouts should just be for the boys.

While many thought the drive to repeal and replace Obamacare was sidelined for a while, President Trump presses on.

Rattling Congress and the health care insurance industry, Trump last week cut off Obamacare cost-sharing reduction subsidies to insurers to hold down the cost of consumer premiums. Without the subsidies, Obamacare premiums are expected to rise 20% to 50%, depending on the plan, and more voters are now willing to front those costs to help cushion the blow for those who can’t afford it.

Trump rolled back an Obama-era mandate that required employer-based health care plans to cover prescription contraceptives. But new polling shows rising support for such a mandate.

Tussling over travel restrictions also continues. Federal judges in Hawaii and Maryland have blocked Trump’s latest attempt at a travel ban, but roughly half of voters still want one.

“In America, we don’t worship government—we worship God,” Trump said last Friday, reaffirming his administration’s promise to guard the religious liberties of Americans. Voters are nearly evenly split on whether the federal government is a protector of or threat to U.S. religious rights, but they are more inclined than in previous years to see it as a protector.

-- Most Americans think individuals are responsible for their actions, but that people are held less accountable now than in the past.

-- U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pleaded guilty this week to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy. He was captured by the Taliban in 2009 after he walked off his base in Afghanistan, and it appears voters are less upset these days with the Obama administration’s decision to swap several Taliban prisoners for Bergdahl.

-- Voters remain critical of free trade in general but suspect that the ongoing renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) initiated by Trump will produce something better for the United States.

-- Thirty-one percent (31%) of voters now think the country is heading in the right direction.
By Hindsite
Doug64 wrote:-- Thirty-two percent (32%) of Likely U.S. Voters now think the country is heading in the right direction.[/list]

And that is without counting me. HalleluYah.
By Doug64
Still only slightly late, here's last weekend's round-up of polls. Anyone that wants to check out any possible links over the next week can go to the link to the left. (Anyone wanting more details on a particular poll, just ask):

Mainstream media outlets haven’t quite caught up with this week’s turn in Special Prosecutor Richard Mueller’s Russian collusion investigation as news reports now show that the Clinton campaign was working with Russian sources to dig up dirt on then-Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

With the Clinton Foundation and Hillary Clinton’s campaign coming under increasing investigative scrutiny for their ties to Russia, just over half of voters now think something illegal was going on.

Voters are still concerned about the Trump administration's Russia connection, but nine months into the Trump presidency worries about national security have now jumped to the top of the list of voter concerns as well.

After an ambush in Niger left four U.S. soldiers dead earlier this month, many legislators questioned the number of U.S. troops around the world. But while most voters continue to believe American soldiers shouldn’t be in places where it isn’t vital to the country's national interest, that number has dipped to its lowest level in years.

Most voters said they already think our military is stretched too thin and don’t want the United States policing the world.

Domestically, the murder trial of the illegal immigrant who allegedly murdered Kate Steinle, the woman behind “Kate’s Law,” began this week, and the topic of sanctuary cities has become a focal point in upcoming state gubernatorial campaigns. But while voters don’t believe sanctuary communities are safe, they’re less enthusiastic about taking legal action against them.

Criticism of the Trump presidency took a new turn October 19 when former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush bemoaned the current state of politics in America in remarks many interpreted as aimed at President Trump. Voters strongly agree with what they had to say.

We’ll tell you next week what voters think about Republicans in Congress publicly criticizing the president of their own party.

Meanwhile, American families adjusting to the new school year are grappling with familiar problems.

Some school districts in New Jersey are now doing away with homework at the elementary level, but most Americans continue to believe that homework is an essential learning tool.

While just over half of voters continue to believe textbooks in schools try too hard to be politically correct, that number has fallen to its lowest level in nearly five years of surveying.

Under a new law that went into effect this month, parents in a community in western New York could face fines and jail time if their child bullies other minors. Most adults nationwide agree bullying is a major problem and support such a law in their state.

Despite ongoing concerns about their safety, adults are still adamant that students should be vaccinated before going to school.

-- Data breaches at major companies like the recent one at credit reporting firm Equifax are happening more frequently, and a sizable number of Americans admit to being a victim of a cyber attack.

-- Amid renewed conversations about sexual harassment and gender equality in the workplace and beyond, very few Americans—men and women alike—think it’s better to be a woman than a man in society today.

-- Megyn Kelly’s new NBC morning show isn’t raking in the ratings, possibly because Americans aren’t the biggest fans of Kelly herself.

-- 33% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction
By Doug64
I'm on time! Here's last weekend's round-up of polls. Anyone that wants to check out any possible links over the next week can go to the link to the left. (Anyone wanting more details on a particular poll, just ask):

Americans will change their clocks back an hour tonight, and two days later voters in New Jersey and Virginia will change their governors.

In New Jersey, it looks like a runaway for Democrat Phil Murphy who holds a 15-point lead over Republican Kim Guadagno.

But Virginia is shaping up as a nail-biter, with Republican Ed Gillespie and Democrat Ralph Northam running dead even.

A sizable number of voters in both states say they’re more likely to vote in the governor’s race because Donald Trump’s in the White House. Trump’s approval ratings held steady in October, and his daily job approval remains in the low to mid-40s.

Several Republican senators have been openly critical of the president in recent days. But 61% of Republican voters say their own views are closer to Trump’s, while just 26% say they identify more with the average GOP member of Congress.

A plurality (45%) of all voters thinks Trump governs more like a third-party president than a Republican.

Following Tuesday’s terror attack in New York City, most voters share the president’s belief that tougher vetting is needed for those who enter this country.

Forty-nine percent (49%) favor Trump’s temporary ban on entry to the United States of people from Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, North Korea and Venezuela until the federal government improves its ability to screen out potential terrorists. Thirty-nine percent (39%) oppose such a ban, while 12% are undecided.

Special counsel Robert Mueller has issued the first indictments in his probe of Russian influence on last year’s elections, but voters say they are not likely to prove a problem for the president.

Fifty-one percent (51%) of voters believe it’s likely that Bill and Hillary Clinton or their close political associates broke the law in their dealings with Russia.

Former Democratic National Committee chairman Donna Brazile says in a new book that Hillary Clinton gamed the party apparatus to defeat primary challenger Bernie Sanders. Democratic voters were already unhappy with the party’s superdelegate system during last year’s presidential primaries.

-- Thirty-two percent (32%) of voters say the country is headed in the right direction.

-- Religion is still an important part of most Americans’ lives, even if they don’t visit a house of worship regularly.

-- Americans aren’t taking any chances on flu season this year.

-- Thousands of previously undisclosed documents about the Kennedy assassination have just been made public. Most Americans still aren’t convinced that President John F. Kennedy was the victim of a lone assassin in November 1963.

-- Call it a candy hangover. A whole lot of us have leftover Halloween candy in our near future.

With the election for Virginia governor coming up this Tuesday, and I thought a look would be interesting:

If the 2017 election for governor was held today, would you vote for Republican Ed Gillespie, Democrat Ralph Northam or Libertarian Cliff Hyra?

• Gillespie: 45%
  • Northam: 45%
  • Hyra: 2%
  • Some other candidate: 2%
  • Not sure: 6%

Republicans
  • Gillespie: 85%
  • Northam: 8%
  • Hyra: 1%
  • Some other candidate: 1%
  • Not sure: 5%

Independents
  • Gillespie: 42%
  • Northam: 43%
  • Hyra: 4%
  • Not sure: 9%

Democrats
  • Gillespie: 6%
  • Northam: 84%
  • Hyra: 2%
  • Not sure: 5%

Given how close this is and how close the two candidates' approval numbers are, it's going to come down to which candidates' supporters are most motivated to vote. I have to wonder how the slanderous, bigoted attack ads the Northam campaign has run against Gillespie will impact Republicans' motivation.
By Drlee
Given how close this is and how close the two candidates' approval numbers are, it's going to come down to which candidates' supporters are most motivated to vote. I have to wonder how the slanderous, bigoted attack ads the Northam campaign has run against Gillespie will impact Republicans' motivation.

Are you fucking serious. Gillespie started this shit fight trying to link Northam to a gang and a child pornographer. Are there no depths to deep for republicans? Get a grip Doug. Read a fucking paper for a change. Stop getting your news from Sean Hannity. :roll:
By Doug64
Drlee wrote:Are you fucking serious. Gillespie started this shit fight trying to link Northam to a gang and a child pornographer. Are there no depths to deep for republicans? Get a grip Doug. Read a fucking paper for a change. Stop getting your news from Sean Hannity. :roll:

For the record, I've never watched Hannity's show. As for Gillespie's ad, while the ad's creator should have done a more thorough source check on the photo used (I'm sure it wouldn't have been all that difficult to find one of real MS-13 members here in the US instead of a rival gang in an El Salvadoran prison), at least the ad is based on an actual vote by Northam to protect any localities that might want to become sanctuary cities. It didn't try to tie Northam to an event he'd explicitly condemned, and it didn't try to portray Democratic voters as murderous racists. And considering Northam's recent flip-flop on sanctuary cities, apparently the issue has had an impact -- perhaps because of recent MS-13 murders in Virginia.
By Drlee
The ads were simply more republican lies directed at those of their followers who are simply not smart enough to know they should vet their sources. And then there is the sleaze factor which has painted all of republican politics. Many of the less sleazy folks like Coaker, McCain and Flake have been driven out. The republican party is a disgrace. And it is my party. I am not leaving because I can do more to expose this filth from within the party.

But I am calling bullshit from now on. You offered nothing but some lukewarm attempt to excuse inexcusable deliberate lies in the ads. You are complicit. You are lending your legitimacy to these despots. Every person who dies because the republicans are trying to dissuade them from getting health insurance that could save their lives NOW is, in part, dying because of YOU. That is how serious this stuff is. The Koch brothers pocketbooks are worth more to you than the lives of thousands in not millions of Americans. You. You support these sellouts. Your fault for their last breaths. Think about that when you go to church tomorrow.

.I think any psychologist would inform you that t[…]

I'm not sure that it's as simple as Iran thinki[…]

No, just America. And I am not alone . Althoug[…]

This reminds me of a Soviet diplomat who was once[…]