Child Labor may return in one state. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By grassroots1
I don't have numbers and don't know exactly the decisions that need to be made, and I think they depend on the circumstances. "I" don't want to make any changes alone, and my intention here is to create support for these (I feel) needed social programs. What the specifics are, I imagine, would emerge naturally.

How much will the highest brackets pay in taxes?

It's an interesting question, and one I feel I need to investigate before making concrete decisions. Have high tax brackets in the past actually created a disincentive to generate wealth in general? If it has, is that effect negligible or does it have concrete effects on the lives of citizens? These are rhetorical questions, not ones I'm asking you to answer.

What about the central bank with its trillion dollars inflation, would you keep that?

It depends what the alternative to "keeping that" is.

What about the million of different subsides to corporations?

It depends in what circumstances and for what reasons they're being applied.

What about health care and education budgets, what about other budgets?

This is where I do have something to say... I believe that our government should not be paying private companies to be the providers of various services in the schools (nutrition or text books, for example), and in that sense there is some waste that can be cut back. Medicare is an insufficient option to cover the amount of people in the United States who are unable to procure adequate health care and therefore the health system needs to be reformed. I believe in fully universal and free systems of both education and health care.

I believe that the military budget should be severely cut back, foreign bases closed, and troops taken out of foreign nations. Imperialism is universally harmful and this is the dissonance between the holistic perspective of the world and the pragmatic one-track-mind perspective of those in power. If that budget could be cut back, we could be begin to solve our debt crisis and put more money into educating Americans and keeping Americans healthy. Furthermore, we could promote genuine growth in "developing" nations.

Will you nationalize certain industries, will you privatize others?

Certain industries (water, electricity, police, fire, health, education, etc.) must be nationalized because of their very nature and the effect of private industry having control of these various essential services.

What about subsides to different sectors like women, blacks, and such?

Subsidies to women and blacks? :?: As I said, I believe in universal education and health care, and these would be provided to everyone regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, gender, etc. in the society I envision. This would make steps toward ensuring that each person can fulfill their intellectual potential as a human being, and can participate in governing their society as an aware, knowledgeable, truth-seeking citizen.

Now, what would you do in America? Same questions, with one more: what would you do about America's military presence and military budget?
By eugenekop
Same questions, with one more: what would you do about America's military presence and military budget?

Well you pretty much know what I would do. I would remove all government functions except the military, the parliament, and the supreme court. Regarding the military budget I would do the same thing you suggested. Cut it by half, remove all bases, etc..
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]