Trump calls it like it is; the establishment can't take it - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.

If it looks like an asshole, sounds like an asshole and acts like an asshole ..................... it is an asshole.

The Trump circus just got better. After saying that there was nothing heroic about John McCain's war record he revealed his own war record: He was deferred because of a bone spur in his foot but he forgot which foot it was . Realistically he was likely deferred because he was a rich boy .
jimjam wrote:If it looks like an asshole, sounds like an asshole and acts like an asshole ..................... it is an asshole.

Politicians are generally assholes. The reason Trump is resonating isn't that he's such a sweet guy, but rather because he's willing to fight, and more importantly to say what he thinks. McCain has a reputation as a hot-tempered asshole too. The problem McCain faced is that he didn't do what many Republicans wanted. That's why he lost in 2008, and I don't think he's really gotten over that fact.

jimjam wrote:The Trump circus just got better. After saying that there was nothing heroic about John McCain's war record he revealed his own war record: He was deferred because of a bone spur in his foot but he forgot which foot it was . Realistically he was likely deferred because he was a rich boy .

Trump then went on to blast the Vietnam war. See what a wide berth Trump's supporters are giving him though? Trump is simply hitting back at McCain, because McCain characterized anyone supporting Trump as "crazies." The reason the Republicans have lost the last two presidential elections has to do with the fact that they refuse to galvanize the base. I recall last time around they were talking about tattoos. It's as if the Republican establishment simply does not get it anymore. Even Republicans have tattoos.

Trump is, however, doing something really constructive here. He's forcing the Republican party to learn how to use social media.

Mitt Romney Piles On Trump For Savaging McCain, Trump Fires Back
Why would anybody listen to @MittRomney? He lost an election that should have easily been won against Obama. By the way,so did John McCain!

See? Trump's right on both counts. So he keeps playing this bait-and-switch game--saying something over the top, when he gets hit, he hits back harder and it sticks. That's actually pretty impressive for someone who's never run for public office before. I love the show. I love seeing the competition.
blackjack21 wrote: The reason the Republicans have lost the last two presidential elections has to do with the fact that they refuse to galvanize the base.

What? They don't do anything other than galvanizing the base. They lost because Obama has far more charm than McCain or Romney and social stances rapidly changed, meaning they didn't galvanize anyone except the base.

Isn't it going to be hard to talk about relating with the average American worker when you are a ruthless penny-scraping billionaire with no tact or sense of social issues?

His entire campaign should consist of this:

Just leave that up for 30 seconds.
Basically denouncing a portion of the electorate as 'rapists'.....my god, you'd think he knew better. Why should Latinos vote Republican if they're being denounced as 'rapists' and 'illegal immigrants'?

He is his own political bomb.
He did not refer to a part of the population as rapists. Except for the rapists and criminals who do indeed cross our Southern borders. Though I think his remarks unwise and hot-headed, there are a lot of criminals who are illegally crossing our borders. And staying. Not everybody or even most Mexican illegals but certainly a lot. Mexico is no more friendly to ex-cons than is the US.
Zagadka wrote:What? They don't do anything other than galvanizing the base. They lost because Obama has far more charm than McCain or Romney and social stances rapidly changed, meaning they didn't galvanize anyone except the base.

They lost because they refused to fight Obama directly. They refused to challenge assumptions. Look at what Trump is doing. I'm not saying you should agree with him at all. What I'm saying is that he is not afraid of political correctness. He doesn't care if people are whining about their feelings and so on. That's a pretty big deal.

Zagadka wrote:Isn't it going to be hard to talk about relating with the average American worker when you are a ruthless penny-scraping billionaire with no tact or sense of social issues?

I don't think he'll have a problem at all. He's hired and fired just about every kind of person around. When you build sky scrapers, you deal with working class people regularly. When you run hotels, you deal with working class people regularly. That's why Trump can reach into his back pocket and pull out his Trump card. He can literally say, "I've hired more Mexicans than any of the other candidates, Democrat or Republican." What can they say to that?

Gletkin wrote:No, this is his second time. He competed in the Reform Party's presidential primaries 15 years ago.

I see. The Reform Party went nowhere. Welfare reform and prosperity took care of a lot of that. However, we're in the shit now. So it's coming back.

Poll: Trump surges to big lead in GOP presidential race

Even with the drop in support on the final night of the survey, Trump was the favorite of 24 percent of registered Republicans and Republican-leaning independents. That is the highest percentage and biggest lead recorded by any GOP candidate this year in Post-ABC News polls and marks a sixfold increase in his support since late May, shortly before he formally joined the race.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who announced his candidacy a week ago, is in second place, at 13 percent, followed by former Florida governor Jeb Bush, at 12 percent. Walker’s support is strongest among those who describe themselves as “very conservative.”

Weekend Iowa poll: No Trump slump yet for McCain remarks

The reason I find this interesting is that Trump will not concede to the political correctness narrative. They've tried multiple times to "discredit" Trump, but it hasn't worked. They may come up with something, but a defense of John "McCain-Kennedy amnesty plan" McCain isn't going to sit well with conservative voters. McCain has called people crazies, wing nuts, whacko birds and so on. McCain doesn't even try to be selective, because he's doing the work of the liberal establishment and so he gets free favorable press as a result. Now McCain is trying to get Trump to apologise to POWs. That's what the whole liberal game is all about. It's all emotions, not reason.
He did not refer to a part of the population as rapists. Except for the rapists and criminals who do indeed cross our Southern borders. Though I think his remarks unwise and hot-headed, there are a lot of criminals who are illegally crossing our borders. And staying. Not everybody or even most Mexican illegals but certainly a lot. Mexico is no more friendly to ex-cons than is the US.

His remarks demonized Mexican Americans. He did not just demonize the rapists and criminals coming across the border--he said that those coming across the border are criminals and rapists. Even if he didn't mean it so broadly, it panders to a racist sentiment.

Trump is on a roll right now for the same reason sensationalism and conflict get ratings on TV--those on the far right think it's authentic (but it's all just superficial show). The ones he really appeals to are the angry white men who just want their country back. Unfortunately this is basically what a large portion of the Republican Party has become.
Gletkin wrote:"Trump Gives Out Lindsey Graham's Cell Phone Number in Televised Speech"
Um I have to be honest, I'm starting to have doubts about whether this guy should really be trusted with his finger on the nuclear button. I feel despite all his fine qualities there's just something he's missing, for a Presidential candidate I could unreservedly endorse, maybe its prudence.
blackjack21 wrote:That's what the whole liberal game is all about. It's all emotions, not reason.

Damn straight! Trump is all about clearly thought out logical ideas. He would not dream of appealing to the hysterical mob with inflammatory nonsense. I believe his solution to the illegal immigrant problem is to charge Mexico $25,000 for each illegal. Lesssee ........... at 11,000,000 illegals that would come in at around $275,000,000,000. A really fine and well thought out idea. Definitely realistic .

Rich wrote: I'm starting to have doubts about whether this guy should really be trusted with his finger on the nuclear button

I suspect he would subscribe to the traditional American solution of problem solving: Got a problem? Blow it up. One year max before his big mouth worked the planet into a corner.
Rich wrote:Um I have to be honest, I'm starting to have doubts about whether this guy should really be trusted with his finger on the nuclear button.

Trump is all about positioning, negotiation, etc. So that's definitely what you want with respect to nukes, as nukes are presently off the table in most discussions. Remember, Eisenhower, who liberals like to champion as a more moderate Republican, put nuclear weapons on top of Nike missiles for air defense. They were literally going to set off air-blast nukes 45mi off the San Francisco coast to stop Russian bomber fleets. That stuff works. It's exactly why Obama caved almost totally to Iran's demands.

jimjam wrote:Trump is all about clearly thought out logical ideas.

Trump isn't a fool. Most Republicans accept everything in law as an irreversible fait accompli, as though we couldn't just cancel NAFTA or MFN status for China. In actual fact, we can. That's the reason someone like Donald Trump is interesting. The Republican party doesn't serve the interest of its constituents. Like the Democrats, it serves wealthy donors. People in the Republican party are ready to move against the establishment, and so are the Democrats with Bernie Sanders.

A lot of people have said, "Bush will be the nominee, and the Tea Party will have to fall in line." Actually, no we won't. We can give the Republican party its third loss in the presidential sweepstakes. Take this from E.J. Dionne, a consummate liberal:

Trump Has the GOP Establishment's Number
E.J. Dionne wrote:When Trump gave out Lindsey Graham's cellphone number on Tuesday at an event in the South Carolina senator's home state, he did it to show he wasn't backing down after his outlandish attacks on Sen. John McCain's status as a war hero. But he was also making clear to the Republicans assailing him that he really does have their number.

PPP: Trump 19, Walker 17, Bush 12

See, I think if Scott Walker is the RNC nominee, Trump comes into the fold. If it's Jeb Bush, I think he runs third party to ensure Jeb loses. The problem for Bush is that I don't think he can capture the Trump numbers, but Walker can.

Exclusive: Trump threatens third-party run
That's what has the RNC sick to its stomach. If they don't nominate a conservative, they automatically lose. The Democrats are facing the same problem with Hillary vs. Bernie Sanders.
I really don't give a shit about Mexican immigrants. It is strictly a hot air diversionary issue. Nothing has been done for years and nothing will be done for basically 2 reasons: businesses LOVE illegals because they will work for almost nothing and, simply, the problem is so big and entwined that nothing effective can be done. Additionally, the Mexicans are simply returning to the parts of Mexico that was stolen by the United States as a result of the US instigated Mexican/American war.

What I wonder about the Trumpster, and any other in that mob running for POTUS, is will he have the balls to place a few bankers behind bars. Bankers, as you all know, are special people. They make their own rules and, then, proceed to steal billions in accordance with their rules. They do not go to jail because they have played according to the rules ............. their rules.
No one(who is rich) likes the real solution to the illegal immigrant problem:
Going after the businesses that employ them and making fines big enough for each one, that it's cheaper to hire legal immigrants and American citizens, rather than illegal ones.

Will that get done? Nope, because of the rich people making shitloads of money about it. But rich cunts like Trump can sure blather on about it for days, when they're the problem, not the solution.
jimjam wrote:Trump is all about clearly thought out logical ideas. He would not dream of appealing to the hysterical mob with inflammatory nonsense.

Ow, I've just gotta post;

Donald Trump Wanted to Fight Terrorism With a Lottery

The Republican front-runner proposed a national lottery to “hire and train every spy on Earth” in his book in 2000.
As many have pointed out, alleged 2016 Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump—a sideshow who has somehow managed to become the main event—is big on bluster, but short on actual, concrete policy prescriptions. And when he does dish out specifics on policy, it often comes out sounding totally insane.

Take, for instance, his solutions for our national security and foreign policy woes.

“I would bomb the hell out of those oil fields. I wouldn’t send many troops because you won’t need them by the time I’m finished,” Trump said this month, regarding how he would be “so tough” on ISIS.

But beyond bombing Iraqi oil fields (which would be a very dumb thing to do, according to almost any expert), how would Future American President Donald J. Trump fight terrorism?

If his past campaign blueprint is any indication, he would set up a Powerball-type lottery to counter global jihad.
jimjam wrote:I really don't give a shit about Mexican immigrants.

Neither do I for the most part. It's just that American social cohesion is a thing of the past.

jimjam wrote:It is strictly a hot air diversionary issue.

Not if you pay income taxes to the 90M people in this country who refuse to work at any job that makes them get dirty or sweaty.

jimjam wrote:Nothing has been done for years and nothing will be done for basically 2 reasons: businesses LOVE illegals because they will work for almost nothing and, simply, the problem is so big and entwined that nothing effective can be done.

Slash welfare payments to below the minimum wage and seal the border. Problem solved.

jimjam wrote:Additionally, the Mexicans are simply returning to the parts of Mexico that was stolen by the United States as a result of the US instigated Mexican/American war.

Like New York City? Seriously, jimjam, that's a pretty weak post. The reason the West went Anglo is because there were four times as many Anglo settlers as Hispanic. That's why the multi-culti dream will end in a nightmare as America breaks up. Non-assimilation is very bad news.

Godstud wrote:Going after the businesses that employ them and making fines big enough for each one, that it's cheaper to hire legal immigrants and American citizens, rather than illegal ones.

That's not the problem. The problem is that welfare was designed for cyclical unemployment, not social-structural unemployment. Just because you have a bachelors degree in music and no job doesn't mean you can't bus tables or pick lettuce. Welfare allows people to opt out of available work. It's not just about providing relief when the economy goes bust. This is what makes America a joke of a country.
blackjack21 wrote:Not if you pay income taxes to the 90M people in this country who refuse to work at any job that makes them get dirty or sweaty.

It is a hot air diversionary issue that is used to crowd inconvenient issues out of the media by wind bags like Trump who can and will do nothing to deal with the problem other than, perhaps, a little cosmetics here and there.

blackjack21 wrote:Slash welfare payments to below the minimum wage and seal the border. Problem solved.

Boy, that was easy. Build a militarized 1933 mile long wall and send the bill to Mexico as The Donald proposes ( ) and wave goodby to 11,000,000 illegals as they flock south .

blackjack21 wrote:Like New York City? Seriously, jimjam, that's a pretty weak post. The reason the West went Anglo is because there were four times as many Anglo settlers as Hispanic. That's why the multi-culti dream will end in a nightmare as America breaks up. Non-assimilation is very bad news.

I was being facetious. But I have always admired President Polk's world record land grab. Makes Russia's action in the Crimera look like small change.
jimjam wrote:I was being facetious. But I have always admired President Polk's world record land grab. Makes Russia's action in the Crimera look like small change.

As long as we recognize that Polk was a Democrat. Frankly, I don't find Russia's seizing of Crimea repugnant. 17th Century Russia saw the conquest of Siberia. Crimea is tiny by comparison. I think Putin taking Crimea is amusing, as I think the American world view is hopelessly unrealistic at this point. In California, as a white male, I'm no longer part of a racial majority and have been part of a political minority since the early 1990s. My point is that the political configuration of the United States is now unstable. I look out 20 years, and don't think I'll remain an American, and I don't see it as in my interest to pay taxes at this rate here. Many high tech workers are no longer location dependent. Most hardware is made overseas and software can be developed from any geographic location with internet connectivity. It's as if America has outsourced America itself, and become a hollow shell of poofs and Hispanic laborers with a few gilded areas of high tech and finance, and localized doctors and lawyers. It's just a weird place now.

Anyway, here's the latest on Trump: Trump goes on the attack again, with Scott Walker as his latest target

I find that refreshing, because I have no vested political interest in the United States. So seeing its political system blowing up and the Republican party fracturing is great entertainment in my view.
It's as if America has outsourced America itself, and become a hollow shell of poofs and Hispanic laborers with a few gilded areas of high tech and finance, and localized doctors and lawyers. It's just a weird place now.

You know I feel the same way. I am sure you will not agree with this but here is one thing that has happened. We destroyed our middle class. The middle class once included clerks, retail workers, construction workers, medical technologists of one kind or another and such. These people have all been relegated to the working/underpaid classes now.

The move for an increased minimum wage is a great start. One argument against it is that it will push jobs overseas. What jobs? Every little Middlesex, village and farm in the country will be better off.

Here is a startling little piece:

•The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) defines the service sector to include all industries except those in the goods-producing sector like agriculture, mining, construction, and manufacturing.[1] The service sector or “service-providing industry,” encompasses the industries of wholesale and retail trade, utilities, transportation, information, financial and business activities, professional and technical services, education, health care and social assistance, government, leisure and hospitality, and miscellaneous services.[2] •Many careers are considered part of the service sector such as managers, accountants, sales representatives, architects, computer specialists, engineers, scientists, therapists, social workers, lawyers, teachers, artists, athletes, reporters, dentists, nurses, electricians, mechanics, airplane pilots, chefs, firefighters, grounds keepers, and soldiers.

•The service sector will be the main source of employment and output between 2008 and 2018, according to BLS projections released in November 2009. Employment in the service sector will increase over 12 percent between 2008 and 2018, while employment in the goods-producing sector is not expected to increase. Overall, economy-wide employment is expected to increase by 10 percent.[3]
•The service sector employed 112.8 million people (seasonally adjusted) as of March 2011.[4] BLS projects that by 2018, the service sector will employ 131.1 million people.[5]
•In 2008, more than three out of four jobs (77.2 percent) in the U.S. economy were in the service sector. By 2018, this dominance is expected to increase, with 78.8 percent of total employment being in the service sector.[6]

The Service Industry: Creating Jobs
•The 10 occupations with the largest projected growth between 2008 and 2018 are in the service sector.[7] In fact, twenty-nine of the top 30 occupations with the largest growth are in the service sector. The top 30 occupations with the fastest projected growth are in the service sector.[8]
•The service sector is expected to create 14.6 million jobs between 2008 and 2018.[9] The goods-producing sector (excluding agriculture) is expected to add only 27,300 jobs in the same time period.

So this is where our future will lie. Worrying about manufacturing jobs is just a fond remembrance of things past. We make stuff. We export stuff. Just not the same stuff and in the same way as we once did.

I agree with Trump about single-payer. It would stimulate our economy by about 900 billion a year (if we spend 1.5 times what the UK does per patient). Or that money could be used to pay off government debt, fund social security....name your poison. Most importantly it would remove a huge burden from business and allow them to create jobs rather than worry about benefit costs. (And perhaps raise wages along the way.) And the oh-by-the-way is this this. We would ALL get better care, live longer, and be happier with our service. The rest of the developed world knows this. We are the dumb ones.

I think the main reason that this is a "weird place" now is that people are genuinely fearful about their future. The black and Hispanic population used to be the only ones with a good reason to feel this way. That is not true anymore. We are all in this boat now, save a few uber-rich. We have actually got solid, formerly middle class workers frightened of the one percent. It should be the other way around. They have money at all at our pleasure and it is time that we reminded them of that. They threaten to cut our social security because......why? To keep the taxes down on the very wealthy? Right. Not while my generation is around.

Sure you can leave and work from another country. I have several friends who have. One is living in Panama on his Social Security and small pension at a higher level of luxury than I am by a long shot. What most people don't see is that this is where we in the US are going. Actually where we have already arrived. There are wonderful places in the US where $2K per month can provide a retiree a decent level of existence. Rural America is full of such places. The only thing that makes this possible is the single-payer system that retirees are all covered by. Medicare. Extend that to everyone by simply changing two words in the implementing legislation and you profoundly change the landscape of America. We have a medical cartel now. Going single-payer destroys it.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]