Riots in Charlotte - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Decky
Does it matter Bulaba? Once a black has joined the police force he has betrayed his own and decided to throw his lot in with the Klansman.
By Decky
Same rules apply. Once a proletarian has joined the police he has decided to work with the oppressors against his friends, his family, and his neighborhood and is no longer a worker.
By Saeko
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:Stop killing blacks for no reason and maybe people will believe you when you have a reason.

How will they know when the police have a reason when they riot before any of the facts come in?
What came first, a racist police force or rioting black people?

People are tired of being given less consideration because of the color of their skin. I'm not condoning riots, but there is a reason for them. It's a symptom of a larger problem of racial injustice. Just the other day an unarmed black man was killed in oklahoma. People are on edge and rightfully so.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.aljazeer ... ent=safari
By Decky
Just because he is a police officer I assume he is not a good person.
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:Stop killing blacks for no reason and maybe people will believe you when you have a reason.

The issue doesn't appear to be so much l police racism, the issue is class and cops have always been against the lower classes. Class correlates with race in this country, but considering police shootings correlate with violent crime rates, there's no apparent basis for conflating the two and suggesting white people in similar situations of class don't deal with the same police abuse. Whites actually commit much less violent crime per capita but get shot at a rate only slightly less than their overall demographic %
By Frollein
Sheesh, Conscript, don't scramble the virtue signal with stupid numbers!
Bulaba Jones wrote:I don't understand numbers and graphs. Can someone trustworthy tell me whether that graph confirms my biases or not?

Blacks are shot at a rate twice their pop %, but they commit a percentage of murders four times the pop. Whites commit violent crime at a rate a little over 20% less than their population % (at 48%) but are shot at a rate higher than their proportion of murders (51%). The numbers just don't support the conclusions I'm seeing.

I think police profiling is real, but the stereotypes go across races and reflect on class (e.g. black thugs and white trash). Also I think the issue is less with police brutality and more things like the war on drugs (fundamentally a war on the lower class) and our 'rehabilitation' system which mostly serves to separate failed and anti-social elements from the rest of society.

Also, I think it's funny gucci's own article confirms the victim had PCP on him
Oh no, he had PCP, shoot him!

And you basically just admitted that they get killed by cops disproportionately more than their population and that whites get killed by cops lower than their proportion of the population... So what is your point?
By Conscript
It means it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that he was high or that the cop is justifiably conditioned by similar encounters where they are high. Drugs are rampant, you only proved that point and how the cop's learned instincts are well earned. Pattern recognition is the foundation of consciousness, this isn't racism, it's classism if anything since the stats don't support racial disparities.

Also, I don't know how to put it more clearly. Blacks commit half of murders (as many as whites) as 13% of the population yet account for 26% of police shootings, and this is before the Ferguson effect btw. Whites are shot slightly above their share of the murder rate. If you can't see how that doesn't support your argument, I don't know what else to do here.

Racial bias would explain a gap between police killings and homicide rate if it was over, not half, the homicide rate of the racial group. According to these stats, that only applies to whites.

Here's violent crime in general:

According to this both racial groups are shot by police in correlation to their violent crime rate to a small excess of around 20% each, almost no disparity (43% of violent crime and 51% of shootings for whites, 22% of violent crime and 26% of police shootings for blacks). Seems like american cops might deserve their reputation, but not as racists.

Since it comes up every time FBI and NCVS stats are posted: inb4 pod posts something retarded about our statistics necessarily being categorically racist or false because of a year of minimal white on black rape statistics, which between the stats on reported rapes being a fraction of actual cases mixed with sexual preferences filtered by race backed by online dating stats, it is a statistical possibility that there'd be a massive disparity between white on black and black on white rape. Any objection on the basis of black women having no faith in police is faced with the issue of victims of black rape dealing with anti-snitching culture, which is very real (a mere 10% of nonfatal shootings cleared and understood by police) and arguably a bigger issue than any racial biases in the justice system letting white rapists off freely.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjbl_6RDhkM :D […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tainari, make a separate thread for that boring c[…]

The right for those living under occupation inclu[…]

As many of you know, not long ago, Russian Presid[…]