Debates 2016! - Full Presidential Debate Clips - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
All 3 Full Presidential Debate Clips
First presidential debate: Monday, Sept. 26, 2016, at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y.

Second presidential debate: Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016, at Washington University in St. Louis

Third (and final) presidential debate: Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016 at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Full Vice-Presidential Debate Clip
First (and only) vice-presidential debate: Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016, at Longwood University in Farmville, Va.

We may as well get this party started since it's been seeping into other threads.

I'm not sure that I'm actually going to watch the debates live, I'll just watch outtakes and read about the highlights. Part of this is due to my time zone difference but another part of it is that watching either Hillary or Trump for too long makes my skin crawl, even though I support Trump for various reasons, I don't think I would enjoy watching them both going at the same time.

[Bulaba note: Zagadka and I will partially commandeer the OP of this thread for the greater good to post/pin the full clips of each debate as an easy resource]
Last edited by noemon on 27 Sep 2016 16:30, edited 2 times in total.
I can't imagine it being very hard for Trump to one-up Hillary and make her look weak. All he has to say near the end is something like, "Hey, you know, I just wanted to say, from the bottom of my heart, how healthy you look today, and how nice it is that you were able to stand for a full hour this time."
By Hong Wu
Bulaba Jones wrote:I can't imagine it being very hard for Trump to one-up Hillary and make her look weak. All he has to say near the end is something like, "Hey, you know, I just wanted to say, from the bottom of my heart, how healthy you look today, and how nice it is that you were able to stand for a full hour this time."

He probably is going to say something like that, and then she'll be steaming with Gennifer Flowers sitting in the front row looking at her. This kind of thing is why I would rather not watch, although part of me will be like :excited: even without watching.
Bringing in Gennifer Flowers will only make this more of a zoo.

Since I won't be able to watch the game at my house, I will be watching this.
By Rancid
This has got to be the dumbest run for presidency in the history of the US.
By Scamp
Trump: "Hillary, do you even know how many women Bill has screwed around with since he's been married to you?" "Are you a scorned woman?" :lol:
By Saeko
Rancid wrote:This has got to be the dumbest run for presidency in the history of the US.

"Huhuhuh! You sound like a fag and your shit's all retarded."

--Idiocracy
By Scamp
Saeko wrote:"Huhuhuh! You sound like a fag and your shit's all retarded."

--Idiocracy

But that fits right in, here on this forum. :)
By Hong Wu
So we already know that Hillary is willing to cheat in elections, sells political positions and destroys small countries for bad reasons then laughs about it. These are just the confirmed things, with the amount of hate for her coming from Haiti, blood mineral money going into her charity, US support of Al Qaeda groups that turned into ISIS and Saudi Arabia being the largest single donor to her campaign, who knows what things we don't know for sure about her.

No pressure Hillary, it's not like the Democrats are going to turn on you really hard if you lose this thing...
By Scamp
Tonight...No way Hillary survives Trumps bringing up her lies, failures, trail of dead bodies, lack of accomplishments, scandals, receiving millions from countries that hate the USA, and even her husbands sexcapades. 8)
By Hong Wu
So I didn't watch it but CNN gives Hillary a win with 67% (I don't give CNN much credit at this point), a Fortune magazine poll (big but more obscure) says it was 50/50. Apparently nothing crazy happened.
By redcarpet
A disclaimer: Online reader polls like this one are not statistically representative of eligible primary voters. They are a measure, however imprecise, of which candidates have the most energized online supporters, or most social media savvy fan base. After all, what they are counting is the number of Internet-devices controlled by people who want to vote.

:lol:
By Igor Antunov
CNN poll is based on a 16 person focus group. :lol: i.e made the fuck up.

Safe to ignore Clinton news network polling from now on.

And you mean to convince me that Trump and his 'deplorable' support base of 'uneducated bumpkins' has a higher internet/tech presence than democrat backers across educated, cosmopolitan America? Ok, I remain unconvinced.

And Zag, this isn't mainstream media, this is the mainstream public.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 27 Sep 2016 05:49, edited 3 times in total.
Trump came out strong to begin with. If you're going to come out strong, you want it to be that first third. And Trump did that.

However, he flagged badly in the last two thirds. Further, he kept weirdly drinking water. Lots, and lots, and lots, of water. Which was a weird move as he should be savvy enough to know that he's going to get mocked for being Rubio for doing so. It also made him look physically weaker than Hillary.

Hillary went too wonky and off into the weeds, while also using the lines that were clearly given to her by her handlers designed to keep her from doing that, "Just look at my website," and, "I published a book about it, you can pick it up at x, y, z."

The big one-two shot was when Trump admitted to not paying taxes (strike to the belly) and then tried to say how the government programs weren't well enough funded, leaving Hillary open to simply say, "Maybe if people like you paid your taxes..." To which he had no retort. Also, he really should have done a lot better when Hillary accused him of not paying contractors after they had done the work. He basically said it was legal to try and wiggle out of paying contractors after they had done their work, which wasn't going to play well. A flat denial would have been a lot stronger from him.

Trump was strongest at the beginning when he just railroaded whatever Hillary said. He was dismissive, mocking, and kept saying, "Why didn't you fix this in the last thirty years you were in office?" Though an exaggeration, this was strong and he should have kept with this. I suspect everyone who watched the first third of the debate (which is probably most) turned off the TV and considered this over because of it.

Trump was also strong when he just denied the record or threw mud at it. To say that he hadn't really denied blacks moving into his building because everyone was doing that and he got dragged into the lawsuit effectively muddied the waters enough that the entire system was on trial instead of him. It's going to be a specific voter that looks through that and comes to the conclusion Clinton wants, which is what Trump needed for that. Hillary shored up minority votes (which were already in the bag) and aside from a diatribe at the beginning, did nothing to pick up the youth she wanted.

Lester, as most of these guys, turned out to be lame as fuck. The pandering for, "Please can we move on to..." before the candidate just ran over him anyway was weak as fuck. It made one question why there was a moderator there in the first place.

Overall, Hillary was a more boring candidate but came out ahead. But, as mentioned, this was not true at the beginning and so it will be interesting to see how many people watched the first part and walked away with a Trump victory in their heads. And because people don't like to be wrong, they'd probably stick with it.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

There is no logical way for everyone to know that […]

There are no safe zones in Gaza. Even the ones the[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]