Angry Donald Trump walks out of interview after questioned about being sexist and racist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Angry Donald Trump walks out of interview after questioned about being sexist and racist

"You've been labeled a racist, you've been called a sexist..." a WCMH-TV reporter asked Trump.

"Thank you very much," Trump said as he began to walk away.

"How do you respond to that?" the reporter asked.

Trump turned around and responded, "I am the least racist person you've ever met."
He wasn't angry, he just didn't fall into the reporter's trap. They do that kind of thing all the time, set up an interview on certain topics, then surprise interviewee with questions about things the interview wasn't supposed to touch on.

The Governator did the same thing when asked unexpectedly about his ex-wife and then Trump:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Trump.html
colliric wrote:He wasn't angry, he just didn't fall into the reporter's trap. They do that kind of thing all the time, set up an interview on certain topics, then surprise interviewee with questions about things the interview wasn't supposed to touch on.

The Governator did the same thing when asked unexpectedly about his ex-wife and then Trump:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Trump.html
He's clever, he know he'll make an even bigger fool if he stay, he wasn't going to take the bait. See interviewers need to be subtle when it comes to him.
Says a guy who's voting for a Woman that didn't hold a press conference for god knows how long... more than a year?

Two points:

1. I am not an American, and am therefore ineligible to vote in American presidential elections.

2. Even if I were eligible, I wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton. I'm a Communist, not a Democrat.
Trump is running a racist campaign. Perhaps it does not look that way to an Australian I doubt there is anyone here who does not see it.

Trump:

“He’s a Mexican,” Trump told CNN of Curiel. “We’re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, he is giving us very unfair rulings — rulings that people can’t even believe

Said of a US born American and sitting judge.
“And isn’t it funny. I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it,” O’Donnell recalled Trump saying. “The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”

““The Hispanics are going to get those jobs, and they’re going to love Trump.”

“I have a great relationship with the blacks,” Trump said in April 2011. “I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks.”

“they don’t look like Indians to me... They don’t look like Indians to Indians.”

They guy is a racist. Unlike Australians, it would appear based upon your posts, Americans do not like racism much. We are a racist country for sure but we like to at least maintain the appearance of not being.

I really don't think Trump sees himself as racist. I do believe that he, and his campaign officials, know exactly what audience they are playing to and how to energize them.
@Drlee, he's no more racist than the Duke of Edinburgh is.

Precisely. Trump, like His Grace the Duke of Edinburgh, is a man of a certain age. He's from a generation for whom casual racism was like the air they breathed. They didn't even notice it. It was just there, taken for granted as something which everyone agreed upon. Historically speaking, this was a consequence of the European (and, yes, American) imperialism of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. That imperialism only began to die out from the 1960s onwards, and it took another generation or two for the cultural consensus in the West to shift away from overt racism. Guys like Trump or the Duke of Edinburgh are simply to old to adjust to the changed zeitgeist, so they keep being caught out like this. :lol:
showeverything1 wrote:Trump turned around and responded, "I am the least racist person you've ever met."

That might literally be true. Trump regards the alt-right, nationalist crowd with the same what's-in-it-for-me dispassion, as a carnival barker eyeing the rubes in front of his tent. Race, gender, economic unease, and polarization are all tools he employs as needed.

It's not personal, it's only business.
Potemkin wrote:Precisely. Trump, like His Grace the Duke of Edinburgh, is a man of a certain age. He's from a generation for whom casual racism was like the air they breathed. They didn't even notice it. It was just there, taken for granted as something which everyone agreed upon. Historically speaking, this was a consequence of the European (and, yes, American) imperialism of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. That imperialism only began to die out from the 1960s onwards, and it took another generation or two for the cultural consensus in the West to shift away from overt racism. Guys like Trump or the Duke of Edinburgh are simply to old to adjust to the changed zeitgeist, so they keep being caught out like this. :lol:

The world continued to grow more egalitarian after the WWII. The issue of racism was certainly one of the top issues.

That said,
1. The Duke is 25 years older than Trump. That's a generation, a generation and a quarter.

2. There are posters on this board who grew up at the same time as Trump and are not racists.

Being a racist is a choice. Americans, far more broadly, and far earlier than the Brits, identified what was racist behaviour and either willfully continued this rubbish or actively sought to change their ways. I would argue that Trump knows as well if not better than his contempories what is racist and Trump uses racial biase to change the world, and the change isn't to the good.
Being a racist is a choice. Americans, far more broadly, and far earlier than the Brits,

That isn't true. Yanks had racially segregated train carriages far later than we did. One of the things that black American soldiers saw when in the UK during the war was what it was like to live in a developed nation and that drove them to demand better treatment when they got back to the US.
I like the British centric historical revision there.

British historical revisionism is the second-best type of historical revisionism, Albert (the best type is, of course, Soviet historical revisionism). :)
Trump actually walked out of two interviews when asked about negative criticism.

It's not really his fault. He's a narcissist; he's therefore very thin-skinned and he doesn't know how to deal with criticism other than to get shouty or to storm out of the room. It's a personality disorder; there's not much he can do about it.

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]