Emolument Clause - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hanes
U.S. Constitution Article II Section 1 Clause 7: The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

is this what people are using to say trump must divest foreign assets? people are referring to an Emolument clause, this is what i found but it is only talking about gains from the united states not foreign countries.
Hanes wrote:U.S. Constitution Article II Section 1 Clause 7: The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

is this what people are using to say trump must divest foreign assets? people are referring to an Emolument clause, this is what i found but it is only talking about gains from the united states not foreign countries.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8:

US Constitution wrote:No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
By quetzalcoatl
That's what happens when you do a half-assed google.

All seriousness aside, Trump is obliged to do nothing under the constitution. Literally nothing. Who's going to make him? It was all just a house of cards, totally dependent on the illusion that we agree to live under its restraints. Trump has chucked this social contract aside, bless him. He doesn't even pretend to care. Oz The Great and Powerful Constitution has had the curtains pulled aside, and all that is left are smoke and mirrors.
By One Degree
The president still accepts gifts, on behalf of the government. Based on this, the worst that could be done to Trump would be to turn any new monies over to the government.

Modernity simply caused massive brain damage Are[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why does Argentina need to join NATO? Besides Bra[…]

What Russia needs is people with skills and educa[…]