California Could Cut Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
CBS wrote:California Could Cut Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – The state of California is studying ways to suspend financial transfers to Washington after the Trump administration threatened to withhold federal money from sanctuary cities, KPIX 5 has learned.

Officials are looking for money that flows through Sacramento to the federal government that could be used to offset the potential loss of billions of dollars’ worth of federal funds if President Trump makes good on his threat to punish cities and states that don’t cooperate with federal agents’ requests to turn over undocumented immigrants, a senior government source in Sacramento said.

The federal funds pay for a variety of state and local programs from law enforcement to homeless shelters.

“California could very well become an organized non-payer,” said Willie Brown, Jr, a former speaker of the state Assembly in an interview recorded Friday for KPIX 5’s Sunday morning news. “They could recommend non-compliance with the federal tax code.”

California is among a handful of so-called “donor states,” which pay more in taxes to the federal Treasury than they receive in government funding.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/01/27/california-could-cut-off-feds-in-response-to-trump-threats/

What are people who love states' rights and hate taxes to do?
I hope the US can hurry up and break up. If they are busy fighting each other they can't bother the rest of the world. Imagine a world where yanks were drone striking their own cities instead of the cities of the rest of the world? Paradise, and Trump might be the one to actually bring that situation about.
Liberals may not appreciate that not a single military body, police station or possibly even (I imagine) fire department is behind them... maybe the "Federation" or whatever it was called from Starship Troopers can emerge soon. For those who haven't read/don't remember the book, the ruling body was basically everyone who had the balls to touch a gun realizing organically that liberals were full of s- and then they just took everything over spontaneously and abruptly while ignoring their protests.

And after that happens we can invade the bug homeworld :D

Zagadka wrote:What are people who love states' rights and hate taxes to do?

Let 'em. They're only going to crash the welfare state. I don't see a problem here, do you? The irony here is that the "sanctuary city" people are the state's right people now. They are the ones trying to ignore federal law. Not that there is a change of heart here. It was always the Democrats who were the ones doing this stuff.

Willie Brown is right. They can sow the seeds of non-compliance. However, Donald Trump may take that as rebellion and insurrection. Civil war baby! Awesome!
I would love to see that too.

I would love for Trump to ban the Democratic Party; or exclude the Pacific states from the union so that there is a permanent Republican majority.

I'm not really an accelerationist because it makes some woman that loves Wall Street and drone strikes look like a savior of the republic next cycle and nothing changes.

But we're all accelerationists now. We aren't half as organized as Red Berlin was, but we also don't have a leadership that's playing Real Politik, and if everyone goes to their extremes as liberalism is destroyed on the street, I think the red star will appeal to more people than the swastika in the long run.
blackjack21 wrote:Let 'em. They're only going to crash the welfare state. I don't see a problem here, do you? The irony here is that the "sanctuary city" people are the state's right people now. They are the ones trying to ignore federal law. Not that there is a change of heart here. It was always the Democrats who were the ones doing this stuff.

Willie Brown is right. They can sow the seeds of non-compliance. However, Donald Trump may take that as rebellion and insurrection. Civil war baby! Awesome!
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-n ... 6168-story Donnie killed a soldiers, a soldier's mother and innocent Yemenis. [Bulaba edit: warning for Rule 2 issued] What happening to support the troop jargon [Bulaba note: vague Rule 2/3 removed]?
Tewodros III wrote:Hong Wu being the house banana, shaming his race one tweet at a time.

SJW's will riot and cut themselves no matter what happens, as they try to throw off the yoke of the taller castes, sooner or later we have to start ignoring these defectives.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't pay federal taxes will go to jail and California is not in a position to protect them.
I am all for secession, but they should not be allowed to force Northern and Eastern California to go with them. This is why I keep saying we need a standardized means of secession. Jefferson's 2 degrees by 3 degrees would be acceptable.
3% ish

However about 40℅ of US shipping is through California ports and it's ports are important to expand naval reach in the Pacific so the US may well pay for port access and be forced to pay for goods passed through California to offset that.
I really hope California tries to secede. 8) I hope you'll tell me in advance so that I can heat up the popcorn and watch when yoga teachers and vegans fight the good fight against the Don's troops. :excited:

American Empire in Decline: https://youtu.be/AMAO[…]

I was lucky ....... Very lucky

Star Wars .... :eek: I don't know how anyone i[…]

Capital Punishment

@Julian658 Since you have no evidence for you[…]

What is God?

Even a separation of science and ethics typical […]