Is Trump nuts? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By hartmut
The Association of "http://citizentherapists.com" , analyses "Trumpism":
"- Scapegoating and banishing groups of people who are seen as threats, including immigrants and religious minorities.
- Degrading, ridiculing, and demeaning rivals and critics.
- Fostering a cult of the Strong Man who:
* Appeals to fear and anger
*Promises to solve our problems if we just trust in him
*Reinvents history and has little concern for truth
*Never apologizes or admits mistakes of consequence
*Sees no need for rational persuasion
*Subordinates women while claiming to idealize them
*Disdains public institutions like the courts when they are not subservient
*Champions national power over international law and respect for other nations
*Incites and excuses public violence by supporters
..."
http://citizentherapists.com/manifesto/

Isn't that perfectly described?

Distinguished historian Timothy Snyder paints a gloomy pattern, drawn from a past, not really very distant.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... prise.html
And in a very recent interview in a major German newspaper (Sueddeutsche), he calculates time short to defend democracy and freedom against Trump. (One Year)

Did USA inaugurate a mad dog to their superior chief?
From the German point of view, yes.
In recent polls there, the reliability of the USA is perceived in the very low region of Russia.
By One Degree
:lol: I see more people moving toward Trump to avoid association with the likes of 'citizentherapists' . :lol:
By jimjam
Nuts? I don't know but, for myself, he is full of shit. Pretty much all of what I hear coming out of his mouth I discount as lies or nonsense. Here is something from his latest childish tirade regarding courts/judges who have the nerve to suggest he may be out of order:

Mr. Trump defended the process that yielded the executive order, saying he had initially wanted to wait a week or even a month before issuing the travel ban. But the president said he was told by law enforcement officials that doing so would prompt a flood of people, including some with “very evil intentions,” to rush into the United States before the restrictions took effect.

“We do things well; we did things right,” Mr. Trump said. “I suggested a month, then I said, ‘Well, what about a week?’ They said no, you can’t do that because then people are going to pour in before the toughness goes on.”

That account appears to be at odds with the one given by several senior officials, who have said they were not fully briefed on the details of Mr. Trump’s order until the day the president signed it at the Pentagon.

Hmmmm unless we ban folks from entering America from the 7 countries, where Donald has no business interests ,from entering a flood of evil doers with bombs strapped to their bodies will pour into the country.

Hmmmmm here are the facts: Of this list of 7 countries, zero fatal attacks were carried out by immigrants from the seven Muslim-majority countries targeted by the ban. Two attacks were carried out by individuals with ties to the seven countries: the 2006 UNC SUV attack, and the 2016 Ohio State University attack. Neither of those plots resulted in American deaths
By hartmut
anarchist23 wrote:Is Trump nuts?

Yes. As crazy as a March hare...

You quote Wiliam II in his very special Daily Telegraph interview in 1908, preceded by his nonsense interview to NYT short time before.
And indeed the mentally health of the Emperor was in question then not for the first time.
By MistyTiger
I do not know if he is nuts.

What I can see based on his decisions and behavior though is that he is driven by emotions: anger, fear, hunger, greed...all the base emotions. Some would consider him uncivilized because he makes no effort to try to hide any of his emotions. He would make a horrible poker player; he has no poker face. You can see the glee or anger on his face. :lol:

I also can see that he is not the rational, introverted type. It appears that he did not pay attention to lessons in history, particularly in lessons about the Constitution, why past presidents are popular or unpopular, and so on.

He is immature. He does not think about the consequences of his words or actions. He just blasts away left and right just because he feels like it.

These 3 traits do not make him nuts. They do make him look rough and uneducated though. He is the epitome of ignorance and a case of when the education system and parenting fails a child.
By Stormsmith
He is a deceitful five year old living in a seventy year old's discoloured and bloated body. He is also dangerous, lacks self control, and has the attention span of a gnat
By jimjam
as a kid he was out of control and his parents sent him up the Hudson to a military school for discipline .......... it didn't work.
By MistyTiger
He could have some mental disorder, now that you mention those facts. I knew a troubled kid in my early teens. The teachers always sent him out to the hall or sent him to detention. They just did not know how to get him to shut up and stop making trouble. Last I heard of him, he was sent to boarding school.
By Cartertonian
In mental health, we often subdivide our clientele by the tongue-in-cheek yardstick of 'sad, mad or bad?'

Sad covers the classic neuroses - depression and anxiety

Mad covers the classic psychoses - schizophrenia and bipolar disorder

Bad covers the personality disorders - sociopaths and psychopaths

In my view, as well as that of a few eminent US psychiatrists I'm told, President Chump is not 'mad', but 'bad'.

Here's what the psychiatrists' bible, DSM-V, says about antisocial personality disorder, for example:

"The essential features of a personality disorder are impairments in personality (self and interpersonal) functioning and the presence of pathological personality traits.

A. Significant impairments in personality functioning manifest by:

1. Impairments in self functioning (a or b):

a. Identity: Ego-centrism; self-esteem derived from personal gain, power, or pleasure.

b. Self-direction: Goal-setting based on personal gratification; absence of prosocial internal standards associated with failure to conform to lawful or culturally normative ethical behavior.

AND

2. Impairments in interpersonal functioning (a or b):

a. Empathy: Lack of concern for feelings, needs, or suffering of others; lack of remorse after hurting or mistreating another.

b. Intimacy: Incapacity for mutually intimate relationships, as exploitation is a primary means of
relating to others, including by deceit and coercion; use of dominance or intimidation to control others

Manipulativeness: Frequent use of subterfuge to influence or control others; use of seduction, charm, glibness, or ingratiation to achieve one's ends.

b. Deceitfulness: Dishonesty and fraudulence; misrepresentation of self; embellishment or fabrication when relating events.

c. Callousness: Lack of concern for feelings or problems of others; lack of guilt or remorse about the negative or harmful effects of one's actions on others; aggression; sadism.

d. Hostility: Persistent or frequent angry feelings; anger or irritability in response to minor slights and insults; mean, nasty, or vengeful behavior.

2. Disinhibition, characterized by:

a. Irresponsibility: Disregard for – and failure to honor – financial and other obligations or commitments; lack of respect for – and lack of follow through on – agreements and promises.

b. Impulsivity: Acting on the spur of the moment in response to immediate stimuli; acting on a momentary basis without a plan or consideration of outcomes; difficulty establishing and following plans.

c. Risk taking: Engagement in dangerous, risky, and potentially self-damaging activities, unnecessarily and without regard for consequences; boredom, proneness and thoughtless initiation of activities to counter boredom; lack of concern for ones limitations and denial of the reality of personal danger
."

That looks awfully like 'The Donald' to me.

(please note the absence of a smiley that might indicate I was joking)
By Potemkin
So Trump is barking? So what? When have things ever been any different? As John Cleese has so rightly said, "The world is insane, with tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around."
By Cartertonian
I see your Cleese quote and raise you a Milligan one:

If all the World think they're Napoleon Boneparte and you think you're not, you're the mad one!
By Potemkin
So, if sanity is defined (as it usually is) as being the 'norm' against which insanity is measured, then I think we can agree that Donald Trump is a perfectly sane, well-adjusted individual and that you and I are clearly maladjusted individuals in need of some serious professional help. I'm glad we've cleared that one up. ;)
By One Degree
The only purpose for this thread is, "I am going to make myself feel better by dehumanizing Trump." :lol:
This does not work and reminds one of, "doing the same thing over and over without a different outcome".
Who is nuts?
By noir
Nuts or not, he got balls

Trump warns Iran president he ‘better be careful’

The war-of-words between Tehran and Washington escalated as President Hassan Rouhani and Trump traded threats and warnings.
Rouhani told a crowd of hundreds of thousands marking the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution that “the Iranian people must be spoken to with respect.”

“Iranians will make those using threatening language against this nation regret it,” he said.

Trump was asked about the remarks later, responding that “he better be careful.”

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/870541/tru ... be-careful

There were no other American president in history who knew how to talk with Muslims like Trump
Last edited by noir on 11 Feb 2017 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
By Cartertonian
Potemkin wrote:you and I are clearly maladjusted individuals in need of some serious professional help

I think we've both known that for a long time, mate ;)

The future's bright, the future's orange (skin)!
By Potemkin
The future's bright, the future's orange (skin)!

He gazed up at the enormous face. Four years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the orange tan. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved The Donald.

:excited:
By Rich
noir wrote:Nuts or not, he got balls

There were no other American president in history who knew how to talk with Muslims like Trump

Trump is a pathetic cowardly betacuck to the Jews, whose done nothing to stand up to Saudi, Pakistan or the UAE just like the last three Presidents, Clinton, Bush and Obama and the winner of the 2016 election Hilary. He raves against Iran while allying with Saudi and the other Sunni terrorist Gulf states, just as demanded by our Jewish Israeli masters.

It was the genius of W Bush or if not him those that pulled his strings that after 9/11, he was able to portray his pathetic cowardly, grovelling to the Jewish and Sunni Muslim agenda as some sort of strong brave machismo. The torture and false imprisonment of legally-innocent and powerless Muslim individuals does nothing to stop the flood of Muslims into our western lands, but is loved by the Sunni regimes as it normalises the Muslim justice system. Muslims care nothing for human rights. Show some cartoons of Mohammed and they will produce ,murdering, looting and burning riots across the world, but the use of torture and imprisonment barely raises a whimper, due process means nothing to the Muslim mind. Why would it to those who follow a murdering, theivin, raping, paedophile genocider as the seal of the prophets.
Last edited by Rich on 11 Feb 2017 17:05, edited 2 times in total.
By noir
@Rich
You are right. He's not that good. Still hope for the future. We lived for too long in a politicly correct world. Trump is fresh change.
By jimjam
Rich wrote:done nothing to stand up to Saudi

9/11 involved the greatest terrorist attack on US soil. Most of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia yet, Saudi Arabia was not included in Donald's recent travel ban .............. oh, there's this:

President-elect Donald Trump registered eight companies during his presidential campaign that appear to be tied to hotel interests in Saudi Arabia, according to a report in The Washington Post.Trump registered the companies in August 2015, shortly after launching his presidential bid, according to The Post.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]