No Repeal of Obamacare - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
jimjam wrote:I am curious my friend as to how your thought process functions. Please tell if you can think of one thing, just one, that Obama or obamacare actually did correctly or one thing that helped at least one American. A real thing and not a snide comment like "Obama never came out in favor of more Americans getting cancer."

I have listened to Hannity go on and on for years about how amazingly bad Obamacare is. This is bad. That is bad. Other things are terrible. But never one good thing. Not one. Certainly it has problems but I have seen many examples of good it has done. Have you?

I frequently listen to Hannity and must say that you sound like his mental clone to an amazing degree.

Come on now......... show us that fair and balanced is ............. fair and balanced and not just a cheap fake slogan like ...................make America great again.

if this task boggles your mind, feel free to travel to the other side of the coin and tell us of just one thing that the invincible trump has got wrong. Once again, no snide comments like, "He never grabbed Elizabeth Warren's pussy."

I will assume that Hindsite's lack of response here indicates that he and Hannity are of the opinion that neither Obama nor Obamacare have done even one thing right nor helped just one person. Or, every single thing about Obama and Obamacare is wrong and or evil. This is, of course, inherently illogical. Even Hitler got the trains running on time. Hence any claim to "Fair and Balanced" means, essentially, the opposite "Unfair and Unbalanced" as in "double speak" used in Orwell's works. Hindsite's statements can, accordingly, be ignored for any but their curiosity value.
jimjam wrote:I will assume that Hindsite's lack of response here indicates that he and Hannity are of the opinion that neither Obama nor Obamacare have done even one thing right nor helped just one person. Or, every single thing about Obama and Obamacare is wrong and or evil. This is, of course, inherently illogical. Even Hitler got the trains running on time. Hence any claim to "Fair and Balanced" means, essentially, the opposite "Unfair and Unbalanced" as in "double speak" used in Orwell's works. Hindsite's statements can, accordingly, be ignored for any but their curiosity value.

Obamacare did help many poor get on the expanded Medicaid program at the expense of more deficit government spending. However, for many of the middle class, it was a disaster. Many lost the good insurance plan they had and their doctor too. Their Premiums doubled or tripled and they received less coverage until they could meet the high deductible.
It wasn't Hitler - it was Mussolini who claimed he made the trains run on time. Mussolini also claimed he'd drain the swamps.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Obamacare did help many poor get on the expanded Medicaid program at the expense of more deficit government spending. However, for many of the middle class, it was a disaster. Many lost the good insurance plan they had and their doctor too. Their Premiums doubled or tripled and they received less coverage until they could meet the high deductible.

Hallelujah! Hindsite, you did in fact have something good to say about Obamacare ............. albeit highly qualified.

Deficit government spending? I guess the entire "defense" budget is guilty of this .......... along with too many other items too numerous to mention.

A disaster for the middle class? Some yes and some no. It was a godsend for my wife. she went from being unable to get any insurance to getting a decent plan at a decent price.

Stormsmith wrote:It wasn't Hitler - it was Mussolini who claimed he made the trains run on time

I thought of this after I posted it but, then, thought the German trains, while less famous, also ran on time.
Every-time I think of the state of health care in the US one quote pops into mind, "We don't have a healthcare system, we have a health insurance system."

I do not know the author, but to me it speaks volumes.

Single payer is the only reasonable and humane choice. Anything else is political posturing and crony capitalism.
jimjam wrote:Hallelujah! Hindsite, you did in fact have something good to say about Obamacare ............. albeit highly qualified.

Deficit government spending? I guess the entire "defense" budget is guilty of this .......... along with too many other items too numerous to mention.

A disaster for the middle class? Some yes and some no. It was a godsend for my wife. she went from being unable to get any insurance to getting a decent plan at a decent price.

Trump insists on keeping the part of Obamacare that allows those with preexisting condition to get insurance at a reasonable price. That appears to be what helped your wife be able to get insurance. However, the very far-right in the Freedom Caucus want to repeal all of Obamacare before considering a replacement.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Trump insists on keeping the part of Obamacare that allows those with preexisting condition to get insurance at a reasonable price. That appears to be what helped your wife be able to get insurance. However, the very far-right in the Freedom Caucus want to repeal all of Obamacare before considering a replacement.

Obviously I am not a trump fan but he does have some ideas I support. Yes, my wife was subjected to the criminal "pre existing condition" scenario. I also like his idea of requiring drug companies to negotiate not dictate prices with medicare. My wife will make it to the finish line in 9 days when she turns 65 and gets medicare. Thanks to Obama she made it safely. "Freedom Caucus"? Heartless self loving sons of bitches. Assholes ........... hallelujah.
jimjam wrote:Obviously I am not a trump fan but he does have some ideas I support. Yes, my wife was subjected to the criminal "pre existing condition" scenario. I also like his idea of requiring drug companies to negotiate not dictate prices with medicare. My wife will make it to the finish line in 9 days when she turns 65 and gets medicare. Thanks to Obama she made it safely. "Freedom Caucus"? Heartless self loving sons of bitches. Assholes ........... hallelujah.

As my subject line indicates there is no repeal of Obamacare. John McCain with his vote has killed the so-called "skinny repeal" bill and therefore any further effort by the Republicans to Repeal Obamacare this year. So those in Arizona that like Obamacare can thank him and those that don't like it can blame him.

So now we will see it the Democrats have a plan to make it work better for those Americans that don't like it or if they are satisfied just to keep the support they have for it.

HalleluYah
Praise the Lord
By Drlee
So those in Arizona that like Obamacare can thank him and those that don't like it can blame him.

Well Hindsite. There are about the same number of people on Medicaid in Arizona as there are registered republicans. You think that may have played into this decision a bit?

This Arizonian is fine with it. But them the government already pays for my health care. Thank you very much.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I like how Mitch McConnell sounded like he was about to cry. What a little bitch lol.

This. Even the pundits are commenting on it this a.m. How could McConnell have expected elsewise?
I must admit I'm impressed with McCain for reviving his "maverick" spirit and voting with his conscience, rather than mindlessly toeing the party line as he has done for the last five years or so. :cheers:
I'm still cumming. Is anyone else still cumming? Because I am. Hard.

My favorite part was when McCain got called out into the special room where senators go to take calls from the president and my reaction was, "Lol yeah Trump is totally gonna Art of the Deal this shit and somehow intimidate and/or bribe a dude who is dying."

Also apparently Trump kept calling for Pence, and Pence was aware of it, but he didn't bother leaving the senate to take the call because everyone in government knows that time spent talking with Trump is time wasted.

Edit: Lol

SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm still cumming. Is anyone else still cumming? Because I am. Hard.

My favorite part was when McCain got called out into the special room where senators go to take calls from the president and my reaction was, "Lol yeah Trump is totally gonna Art of the Deal this shit and somehow intimidate and/or bribe a dude who is dying."

Also apparently Trump kept calling for Pence, and Pence was aware of it, but he didn't bother leaving the senate to take the call because everyone in government knows that time spent talking with Trump is time wasted.

Edit: Lol

I mentioned in another thread that I thought McCain was acting strange earlier in the Senate hearings before we were told he had brain cancer. Certainly, this more recent strange vote and laughing and celebrating with the Democrats by McCain is reason to believe this cancer of the brain is also quickly making him crazy like the liberal Democrats. I understand some of the other Democrats are crazy from all that dope smoking they do. How sad.
Proof the swamp only has one party. I can't believe @SpecialOlympian was the one to post this evidence that Trump really is the good guy. :lol:
Hindsite wrote:I mentioned in another thread that I thought McCain was acting strange earlier in the Senate hearings before we were told he had brain cancer. Certainly, this more recent strange vote and laughing and celebrating with the Democrats by McCain is reason to believe this cancer of the brain is also quickly making him crazy like the liberal Democrats. I understand some of the other Democrats are crazy from all that dope smoking they do. How sad.
He was already crazy, so the leap is minimal. Also, is it your business if I want to smoke dope or keep my labor surplus?
MememyselfandIJK wrote:He was already crazy, so the leap is minimal. Also, is it your business if I want to smoke dope or keep my labor surplus?

No, that is not my business for I have been retired for 8 Years.

HalleluYah
Praise the Lord
McCain has always been an asshole and a textbook modern imperialist war hawk. He seems to be conditioned to knee jerk support anything whenever war, bomb, war, war, war is mentioned by anyone. But on other issues, he is fairly reasonable. He's one of the few Republicans intelligent enough to realize how bad it is for tens of millions of Americans, and for the GOP's image, to get rid of Obamacare (which isn't anywhere near as good as a first-world single-payer system) in favor of something worse that will leave millions of people without healthcare again, and those who still can will pay more than they do now.

The GOP is lucky that some of them were wise enough to avoid political suicide. They basically get to cry now that with their majority in the House, the Senate, and the WH, that they couldn't even get something done they had promised to change all along, and that somehow, despite their majority in Congress and control of the WH, it is someone else's fault.
Bulaba Jones wrote:McCain has always been an asshole and a textbook modern imperialist war hawk. He seems to be conditioned to knee jerk support anything whenever war, bomb, war, war, war is mentioned by anyone. But on other issues, he is fairly reasonable. He's one of the few Republicans intelligent enough to realize how bad it is for tens of millions of Americans, and for the GOP's image, to get rid of Obamacare (which isn't anywhere near as good as a first-world single-payer system) in favor of something worse that will leave millions of people without healthcare again, and those who still can will pay more than they do now.

The GOP is lucky that some of them were wise enough to avoid political suicide. They basically get to cry now that with their majority in the House, the Senate, and the WH, that they couldn't even get something done they had promised to change all along, and that somehow, despite their majority in Congress and control of the WH, it is someone else's fault.

There are a couple RINOs that can't be counted on and then there is Senator McCain who is normally a moderate Republican that campaigned by telling the people of Arizona that he would vote to repeal Obamacare and yet had a meeting with Senator Schumer of the Democrats and apparently sold his vote for praise from the opposition party. He became a trader to his party and the people of Arizona that elected him, willful or not. The only way I can buy into his explanation is if I believed the cancer damaged his brain, so he can't think in an honest way. I hope that is the case, because I really don't want to believe he lied on purpose.

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be used[…]

It does mean that thesis has to be proven, since t[…]

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]