No Repeal of Obamacare - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hindsite wrote:I mentioned in another thread that I thought McCain was acting strange earlier in the Senate hearings before we were told he had brain cancer. Certainly, this more recent strange vote and laughing and celebrating with the Democrats by McCain is reason to believe this cancer of the brain is also quickly making him crazy like the liberal Democrats. I understand some of the other Democrats are crazy from all that dope smoking they do. How sad.

Good for the brain cancer. I love that little growth I hope it outlives McCain, and I hope all Republican congressfolk get brain cancer because apparently that's the only thing that will stop them from voting for objectively awful shit like killing Medicaid.
There are a couple RINOs that can't be counted on and then there is Senator McCain who is normally a moderate Republican that campaigned by telling the people of Arizona that he would vote to repeal Obamacare and yet had a meeting with Senator Schumer of the Democrats and apparently sold his vote for praise from the opposition party. He became a trader to his party and the people of Arizona that elected him, willful or not. The only way I can buy into his explanation is if I believed the cancer damaged his brain, so he can't think in an honest way. I hope that is the case, because I really don't want to believe he lied on purpose.

It is easier to do the right thing when you can see the pearly gates at the end of the road.

DR LEE SAYS:

When you are young you have your eyes on Bill Gates. When you are old you have your eyes on the Pearly Gates.
Drlee wrote:It is easier to do the right thing when you can see the pearly gates at the end of the road.

DR LEE SAYS:

When you are young you have your eyes on Bill Gates. When you are old you have your eyes on the Pearly Gates.

When you said "do the right thing", I just thought of another reason other than cancer that might have had an effect on McCain doing the wrong thing. McCain was on prescription drugs because of his surgery. Both the old and young often do the wrong thing when on drugs.
The problem with democrats and republicans alike is that they have limited ideas to fix healthcare in America. Republicans want Obamacare gone out of sheer hatred for it and to give the rich tax cuts. Democrats have no good ideas to fix it and some of them are pushing for single payer.

I read new book titled "On the principles of social gravity" by Tobore Tobore and i really recommend it for everyone. This book argues that all human systems are governed by nine rules. The author examined healthcare in chapter two and using those rules came up with the most interesting ideas i have read on healthcare. I am not sure why that book is not famous yet. Perhaps its because it was just released.

We need new ways of thinking to provide accessible and affordable healthcare for all Americans.
Johnbull92 wrote:The problem with democrats and republicans alike is that they have limited ideas to fix healthcare in America. Republicans want Obamacare gone out of sheer hatred for it and to give the rich tax cuts. Democrats have no good ideas to fix it and some of them are pushing for single payer.

I read new book titled "On the principles of social gravity" by Tobore Tobore and i really recommend it for everyone. This book argues that all human systems are governed by nine rules. The author examined healthcare in chapter two and using those rules came up with the most interesting ideas i have read on healthcare. I am not sure why that book is not famous yet. Perhaps its because it was just released.

We need new ways of thinking to provide accessible and affordable healthcare for all Americans.

Even if the Republicans that are in office were smart enough to come up with a good healthcare plan for everyone, I am not sure they are all that interested in doing so. Everything is fine for them as long as they can keep getting those in middle income America that are suffering under Obamacare to continue to vote for them on the promise of repeal and replace with something better for them.
By MB.
Johnbull92 wrote:I read new book titled "On the principles of social gravity" by Tobore Tobore and i really recommend it for everyone. This book argues that all human systems are governed by nine rules. The author examined healthcare in chapter two and using those rules came up with the most interesting ideas i have read on healthcare. I am not sure why that book is not famous yet. Perhaps its because it was just released.

What were his conclusions? What was the system advocated by this person?
MB. wrote:What were his conclusions? What was the system advocated by this person?

My guess is "all persons for themselves".
By jimjam
A tad off topic but not worthy of it's own thread ......... I thought I'd try to sneak this in.

VP Pence responding to stories that he has his eye on the top spot responded with the Baloney Shit Of The Day award winner:

"The American people know that I could not be more honored to be working side by side with a president who is making America great again," the statement said. "Whatever fake news may come our way, my entire team will continue to focus all our efforts to advance the President's agenda and see him re-elected in 2020. Any suggestion otherwise is both laughable and absurd."

You bet .......... :lol: :lol:
Pence is too conservative to win. The Republicans don't get it, and apparently neither does the media. Trump was not elected for his conservative views. The Republicans keep thinking they won and deny how much Trump did for their candidates.
They are doing the same with healthcare. They are trying to destroy it, so it will go back to privatization. This is not what Trump or his supporters wanted, but the Republicans see only what they want.
Agreed. Pence is too conservative. And he's only in the WH by a fluke. No one knew who he was. Obamacare is a lot more popular than Pence.
By jimjam
Look closely at these faces and tell me if they look like people who give a shit if you die of a "preexisting condition" because you were denied health insurance.

jimjam wrote:Look closely at these faces and tell me if they look like people who give a shit if you die of a "preexisting condition" because you were denied health insurance.

President Trump has long advocated for a plan that protects those with "preexisting conditions", so I seriously doubt those Senators would present something to the President's desk that did not protect those with a "preexisting condition" whether they give a shit or not.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:President Trump has long advocated for a plan that protects those with "preexisting conditions", so I seriously doubt those Senators would present something to the President's desk that did not protect those with a "preexisting condition" whether they give a shit or not.

LOL ............ Donald would sign a leaf if it blew onto his desk and he was told it would repeal Obamacare. He was ready to sign the Republican's most recent POS which gave the option of avoiding treating pre existing conditions, or at best charging unaffordable premiums, to 50 different states.
jimjam wrote:LOL ............ Donald would sign a leaf if it blew onto his desk and he was told it would repeal Obamacare. He was ready to sign the Republican's most recent POS which gave the option of avoiding treating pre existing conditions, or at best charging unaffordable premiums, to 50 different states.

Well, it didn't reach his desk either. So I guess we will never know what that bill would have done. It didn't happen and there is no repeal of Obama care just like I have been saying all along.
By Drlee
President Trump has long advocated for a plan that protects those with "preexisting conditions", so I seriously doubt those Senators would present something to the President's desk that did not protect those with a "preexisting condition" whether they give a shit or not.

Nonsense. They did exactly that. Three times. You seriously need to work on your trolling skills.

I am not blaming Trump one way or the other. He has no clue what was in the bill. I blame the legislature that should know before they vote on it. Their behavior is little short of criminal.

But just like the dog who caught the car, they got the reigns of government and have no clue what to do with it.
By Rich
Republicans are more popular than Trump. Trump lost the popular vote in November, Senate and House Republicans won it. I'm no fan of Rubio but beat Trumps vote by wide margins in many counties. The way to get to Trump is to call him a loser for things that he is a loser. He lost the popular vote and had smaller crowds than Obama. W lost the popular vote in 2000, but that was negated by wining it in 2004.
Drlee wrote:Nonsense. They did exactly that. Three times. You seriously need to work on your trolling skills.

I don't know what you are calling nonsense. I did not read those bills carefully, but it doesn't matter now, since no healthcare bill got to President Trump for signing.

To Rich:
We will have to wait until 2020 to see if Trump is more popular than W.
Praise the Lord. HalleluYah
By Drlee
I don't know what you are calling nonsense. I did not read those bills carefully, but it doesn't matter now, since no healthcare bill got to President Trump for signing.

You do know how stupid this sounds. You do don't you?

It doesn't matter now because the vast majority of republican lawmakers tried to pass a law that less than 20% of Americans supported and all the democrats and three republicans in the senate stopped this outrageous abuse of power.

I am certain you are one of those people who believes that an 80% majority should not be allowed to rule. I am sure you are one of those people who refuse to recognize that Trump was soundly beaten in the popular vote. I am sure you are one of those people who do not realize that Trump is supported by less than 30 of the people of this country.

But he won. And it may be that he is the only one standing between the people and this out of control republican legislature.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tainari, make a separate thread for that boring co[…]

The right to resist does not include a right comm[…]

As many of you know, not long ago, Russian Presid[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]