How will Trump justify his tax cuts? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Well, he cut PBS, that was like 0.01% of the budget.

The theory he is operating off of the assumption that less government oversight and more free trade and investment will bring a larger economy and take care of things on its own. Somehow. Not sure how it translates having the government pay off its debt.
It works. The point is to run a debt but for economic increase to outpace the debt growth of sorts. Economic growth will bring more taxes and inflation will help with the debt service which will be payed off over time. It can work but it can also fails if the world economy runs in to a global recession/downturn. (In no way it is 100% certain to work or not)
He justifies his tax cuts the same way he justifies anything he does, by claiming that he is keeping America safe.

The cuts are not likely to affect him. Ohhh wait, he has cut the Coast Guard budget so there will be fewer of them to keep his Florida estate safe. Awwww, how nice for him!

Me too, I have seen Docs be critical of them. I[…]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]

What confuses me much more is the question what t[…]

I said most. A psych prof once said that a colleg[…]