Trump and Russiagate - Page 149 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Beren
The approval rating is not really supposed to tell whether the president would be reelected, so asking only registered or likely voters is not really appropriate, asking the adult population as a whole is the appropriate thing in this case. However, when Trump took office on 20 Jan 2017 his numbers were 56% Approve and 44% Disapprove according to Rasmussen, and his best numbers were 59% vs 41% six days later. So I wonder whether 49-49 would be enough for him to get reelected indeed. The problem is that he was beaten by HRC by almost 3 million votes, so he can't really afford losing any popularity. (It was actually a miracle he could win the electoral college (so decisively) while beaten by almost 3 million votes. He was right, the system is rigged.)
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Yes, and Trump has been polling between 47-50% approval among likely voters. He was 50% yesterday and 49% today. You can almost feel that blue wave coming.

Good luck with that. It looks like the nut is cracking before our eyes. I wonder if they have a presidential straight jacket with the presidential seal on it that they will use to cart him off in.

Finfinder wrote:Having to go full going Donald on your own thread then ? LOL

This is the thread of the people :lol: . Donald certainly is way entertaining. Every day it's "What did the entertainer in Chief do today ??" He only mentioned Mueller 22 times yesterday. Maybe he has Big Mac constipation :eek:
By Beren
jimjam wrote:I wonder if they have a presidential straight jacket with the presidential seal on it

Maybe they purchased one under Nixon.

jimjam wrote:Maybe he has Big Mac constipation :eek:

My experience rather is that Big Mac is laxative, and Trump combines it with chocolate shake.
By Beren
CNN wrote:Mueller's team has 3 times the evidence for Paul Manafort's next trial than his current trial

By Katelyn Polantz, CNN

Updated 0031 GMT (0831 HKT) August 17, 2018

(CNN) - The Special Counsel's Office has almost three times the number of exhibits it wants to show a jury in Paul Manafort's next criminal trial compared with what it used in his Virginia case.

The evidence for the two trials largely doesn't overlap, according to a court filing Thursday from Manafort's legal team.

The two criminal cases that President Donald Trump's former campaign manager faces do overlap in how they hinge on his alleged political consulting work in Ukraine. But the filing on Thursday shows just how expansive an investigation Robert Mueller's team has conducted on Manafort, and how the next trial could be just as revelatory as the first.

In Manafort's Virginia trial, which began on July 31, prosecutors presented nearly 400 financial records, emails and other documents to the jury. Manafort's team says the prosecutors have "well over" 1,000 pieces of evidence lined up for the DC federal case, set to go to trial in September. The judge in DC told the prosecutors on Thursday to "review" their evidence collection "with an eye towards streamlining the presentation of its case."

The reveal of the amount of evidence prosecutors are preparing came in a court filing Thursday.

For the past three weeks, Manafort's lawyers have been arguing in a Virginia federal courtroom for his innocence on alleged tax and bank fraud crimes. The jury began deliberating Thursday morning and there had not yet been a verdict as of Thursday night.

Manafort's next trial, on foreign lobbying and money laundering charges, is set to begin Sept. 17 in DC federal court and last several weeks longer.

His lawyers wrote to the DC federal district judge that the trial in Virginia has hampered their ability to meet a coming filing deadline. The defense team asked the judge on Thursday to push that deadline back.

The trial in Virginia "has not allowed defense counsel sufficient time to confer with the Special Counsel's Office" on their plans for the September trial, the defense lawyers said.

"Review of these materials will be time-consuming," the lawyers wrote. "This task simply cannot be accomplished while Mr. Manafort's legal team is engaged in trial before Judge (T.S.) Ellis."

Judge Amy Berman Jackson agreed to give them four additional days.

This is the second time Manafort's team has asked to move the deadline back.

The Special Counsel's Office opposed the requests for deadline extensions, because Manafort has known the DC trial date for almost half a year and chose to split his criminal charges into the two separate trials.

So the first trial is just foreplay? :lol:
By jimjam
This just in ……. "Hogwash" Huckabee has just announced that John Brennan's privilege of using any rest room on Capital Hill has been revoked.

Additionally, "No Neck" Giuliani has warned Mr. Mueller that if he does not honor "No Necks" Sept. first deadline for ending his investigation he may very well be making a painful acquaintance with a large number of bricks.
Prediction; that many expectations will be shattered. Except for liberal expectations, as they will go into a brief spasm of pain as this spectacle winds down into insignificance and then... Business as usual. They are like the Bourbons; ''remembering nothing and forgeting nothing''.
By Beren
annatar1914 wrote:They are like the Bourbons; ''remembering nothing and forgeting nothing''.

How does that make sense? :lol:

"They have learned nothing, and forgotten nothing." ;)
MistyTiger wrote:Allegations are as bad as rumors, they stick like super glue.

I'm not speaking about the general art of smearing people. That still seems to work. I mean calling people "racist," "sexist" or "homophobe," is pretty much meaningless among public figures nowadays.

MistyTiger wrote:Unless allegations are proven to be totally wrong, they remain and the person remains suspect or a "person of interest". Ask Robert Wagner if allegations aren't taken that seriously. Even after all these years, he still can't shake the suspicions that he killed his wife.

Well, the allegations are one thing. The evidence is another. There is a lot of corroborating evidence. Most people think the Russia story is a hoax. It gets repeated plenty. However, there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest that Trump and the government of Russia got together. So in spite of a massive propaganda effort to peddle the story, it falls completely flat.

MistyTiger wrote:The main reason he keeps himself out of legal and tax trouble is because he can afford a team of expensive lawyers and he has probably bribed every important person from the west coast to east coast and down past the mason dixon line. What a shame that bitches like Stormi just couldn't accept his dirty money, eh? :roll:

She alleges that she entered an agreement with Cohen to remain silent on a sexual relationship with Trump in exchange for $130k; then, she reneged on her obligation under the agreement. When that sort of thing occurs, it looks like blackmail. People generally don't fall for it anymore.

MistyTiger wrote:Manafort was a past Trump collaborator, so he's not irrelevant.

He was a best an interim campaign manager. He didn't have a life long relationship with Trump. He didn't even know Trump during the time he ostensibly committed tax fraud.

MistyTiger wrote:Jared might've offered Manafort as a contact, but Trump accepted the old guy's help and that's on Trump.

Accepting help is not a criminal offense.

MistyTiger wrote:If Trump had fired him before the leak happened then perhaps no one would be so interested in Manafort, timing matters.

The leak came from the FBI. So far, anything that didn't come from Hillary Clinton's campaign or her paid delegates seems to have come from the deep state. In fact, they were investigating Paul Manafort until he became Trump's campaign manager, when suddenly the official investigation stopped. Then, somebody leaked it to the press. Trump fired Manafort, and suddenly Manafort became a person of interest again. Basically, it looks like Manafort had a non-prosecution agreement with the FBI, because this stuff dates back to the Bush administration. If neither Bush's DoJ nor Obama's DoJ sought to punish Manafort, and he only became person of interest because of working for Donald Trump, that looks pretty suspicious. In fact, it looks like one reason for the Special Counsel is that they don't have an agreement with Manafort, while it is likely that the FBI/DoJ does. So they couldn't prosecute Manafort, but Mueller can.

MistyTiger wrote:Being married to an immigrant is one thing, but his actions prove contradictory. He married her because she was a hot model and he like many other men think that Russian women are the hottest women in the world.

Melania is from Slovenia, not Russia.

MistyTiger wrote:And his whole trade war mentality...he has no fucking idea how hard this will hit farmers, auto workers, steel workers, and even the people buying food and other items. So much of what we buy and consume is not US made anymore.

It doesn't hurt the workers. It hurts consumers, because they have to pay more.

MistyTiger wrote:The US is losing the trade war. Buckle down USA, it's going to be a very rough ride until the trade war ends.

Trump administration nearing deal with Mexico on revised NAFTA — but issues with Canada remain
Trump seems to keep pulling a rabbit out of the hat. I'm sure Turkey isn't too pleased with the situation they've put themselves in. It's going to be a much rougher ride for countries with debts denominated in dollars. Keep your powder dry. You're going to be able to pick up bargains pretty soon.

annatar1914 wrote:She's the most beautiful woman i've ever known, but I honestly am with her because she is has a good heart, honest and open, feminine.

:lol: It drives Western women crazy when you characterize non-Western women as feminine. It's true though. A lot of Western women are like dudes with tits.
jimjam wrote:This just in ……. "Hogwash" Huckabee has just announced that John Brennan's privilege of using any rest room on Capital Hill has been revoked.

Additionally, "No Neck" Giuliani has warned Mr. Mueller that if he does not honor "No Necks" Sept. first deadline for ending his investigation he may very well be making a painful acquaintance with a large number of bricks.

When did No Neck assume he was in control? I wonder if Mueller is laughing or flat out miffed.
By Beren
I tend to appreciate Melania recently. I wonder if she considers filing divorce in the right moment, I'm sure she won't go down with Trump if he does and squeezes out of him as much as she can.

By Beren
Zagadka wrote:I would like to hear the word-spew coming from Trump's noise hole if Melania filed for divorce, given how he reacts to pretty much anyone slighting him on any level.

He's experienced in divorce, however, that one would hurt him the most.
Beren wrote:How does that make sense? :lol:

"They have learned nothing, and forgotten nothing." ;)

Yeah, I'm mildly dyslexic and I was in a hurry when I wrote that, lol.

Point being, like the Bourbons of France (who repeatedly saw their fortunes decline after the French Revolution, because of their own mistakes would be overthrown again and again because they doubled down on their stupidity, convinced of their being in the right.) the American Liberal finds themselves utterly unable to reflect on the errors which lead to their defeat and eventual political destruction.

Blackjack21 said in response to my comment on my Slavic east European wife;

" She's the most beautiful woman i've ever known, but I honestly am with her because she is has a good heart, honest and open, feminine."

That;

:lol: It drives Western women crazy when you characterize non-Western women as feminine. It's true though. A lot of Western women are like dudes with tits.

It's very true. My lady and I have our share of problems, even serious ones, but with her I feel like I at least have a fighting chance. Decades of Western women, I can tell a definite and growing difference, and not for the better for men or women (or God help Western humanity, our poor deprived children, deprived of stable homes and guidance) at all.
By jimjam
Stormsmith wrote:When did No Neck assume he was in control? I wonder if Mueller is laughing or flat out miffed.

We can only speculate. I would imagine that Mueller was hardly miffed by the rantings of Donald's Clown In Chief. I would guess that a wan smile briefly crossed his face. Sad. :lol:
jimjam wrote:We can only speculate. I would imagine that Mueller was hardly miffed by the rantings of Donald's Clown In Chief. I would guess that a wan smile briefly crossed his face. Sad. :lol:

Mueller will be miffed when Trump finally takes away his security clearance. That seems to have the establishment in rankles. I hope we'll see more of that.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Mueller will be miffed when Trump finally takes away his security clearance. That seems to have the establishment in rankles. I hope we'll see more of that.

By Albert
People who do not apparently do not even work for the government are getting their security clearances stripped. Should that have had happened already when they left their government jobs? Why are these people opposing this?

They call Trump tyrant yet they themselves expect privileges that are not even they supposed to have. Tyrants calling others tyrants; that is all I see here.
By jimjam
William McRaven, commander of the US Navy Seal raid that killed Osama bin Laden, condemned President Donald Trump on Thursday for revoking the security clearance of former CIA chief John Brennan and asked that his be withdrawn as well.

The decorated retired Navy admiral, in an open letter published in The Washington Post, defended Brennan as "one of the finest public servants I have ever known" and accused Trump of using "McCarthy-era tactics."

"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John," McRaven said. "He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him."

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," he said.

Quite pathetic that a pretend patriot who dodged the draft during the Vietnam conflict with a note from his daddy's doctor claiming "bone spurs" gets to fuck over men with massive resumes in service to America.

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]