Trump and Russiagate - Page 70 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By 4cal
Hindsite wrote:The most recent example was the fake news story that caused a catastrophic stock market drop. The Dow went down 350 points until an apology was given for the fake report.

ABC News apologizes for ‘serious error’ in Trump report and suspends Brian Ross for four weeks

People lost money thanks to Brian Ross moving the market with his false reporting. He’s been suspended, but will we see lawsuits against him and ABC on behalf of investors who lost money?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... 4a07499233

That a news report could cause the 30 stocks in the DJIA to post a negative is probably the greatest example of fake news ever.
Their Russia spam has been a disaster, so they're now starting with the fake sex assault victims. One of them is a clinton foundation employee. They really are sick in the head, at this rate the democrats will never win an election again.
Igor Antunov wrote:Their Russia spam has been a disaster, so they're now starting with the fake sex assault victims. One of them is a clinton foundation employee. They really are sick in the head, at this rate the democrats will never win an election again.

They are basically doing what the Rs were doing to Clinton and Obama :eh: Ds will get elected in the same way as Rs eventually :excited:
By Sivad
4cal wrote:Kindly review the definition of "catastrophe" and try again.

Thanks.

Well first I had to establish that the MSM routinely fabricates. The 02-03 Judith Miller articles in the NYT were fabrications that led the country into a catastrophic war.
Ms. Miller may still be best known for her role in a series of Times articles in 2002 and 2003 that strongly suggested Saddam Hussein already had or was acquiring an arsenal of weapons of mass destruction ... Many of those articles turned out to be inaccurate ... [T]he problems facing her inside and outside the newsroom will make it difficult for her to return to the paper as a reporter.

Here's another example -
By 4cal
Sivad wrote:Well first I had to establish that the MSM routinely fabricates. The 02-03 Judith Miller articles in the NYT were fabrications that led the country into a catastrophic war.

Gee, another failure on your part.

Clinton’s CIA director (Tenet) said there were WMDs, Ms. Clinton Said there were WMDs, The VP and the POTUS following the Clinton Administration said there were WMDs.

Blaming our war on a newspaper article is flat out stupid. Im sorry but you’re either lacking the ability to make a point or are just really lazy in drawing conclusions; basically proving the old adage that “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.”
By 4cal
Igor Antunov wrote:Their Russia spam has been a disaster, so they're now starting with the fake sex assault victims. One of them is a clinton foundation employee. They really are sick in the head, at this rate the democrats will never win an election again.

They won 2 governorships last month or so….perhaps you should do a little research.

As far as Russia goes, the longer the investigations go, the more connections between Trump and Russia are revealed…. Two indictments, two guilty pleas….more on the way.

Halleluila!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Sivad
4cal wrote:Gee, another failure on your part.

Clinton’s CIA director (Tenet) said there were WMDs, Ms. Clinton Said there were WMDs, The VP and the POTUS following the Clinton Administration said there were WMDs.

Blaming our war on a newspaper article is flat out stupid. Im sorry but you’re either lacking the ability to make a point or are just really lazy in drawing conclusions; basically proving the old adage that “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.”

So I'm sure you've heard of "the paper of record", in the US that's the NYT. If the NYT takes a strong position that gives the rest of the MSM all the "legitimacy" needed to toe the line. So it's definitely not just "a newspaper article", it's an authoratative statement from a source that the majority of the public has been conditioned to trust. The New York Times sets the tone for the MSM which in turn determines public opinion.

Now the question is did the "journalists" at the Times do their journalistic duty or did they help craft and propogate a lie on behalf of the establishemnt? Well the fact that another major news service did get it right amply demonstrates that the paper of record and any of the dozen or so MSM news outlets which were also complicit in the fabrication could have also gotten it right had any of them cared to do so. Instead they deliberaltely sold us a lie and then hid behind the plausible deniability of official consensus when that lie was exposed.

By Finfinder
4cal wrote:They won 2 governorships last month or so….perhaps you should do a little research.
:

Really? Two blue states :lol: :lol: :lol: ..be careful you'll get dizzy with spin like that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By 4cal
Sivad wrote:So I'm sure you've heard of "the paper of record", in the US that's the NYT. If the NYT takes a strong position that gives the rest of the MSM all the "legitimacy" needed to toe the line. So it's definitely not just "a newspaper article", it's an authoratative statement from a source that the majority of the public has been conditioned to trust. The New York Times sets the tone for the MSM which in turn determines public opinion.

Now the question is did the "journalists" at the Times do their journalistic duty or did they help craft and propogate a lie on behalf of the establishemnt? Well the fact that another major news service did get it right amply demonstrates that the paper of record and any of the dozen or so MSM news outlets which were also complicit in the fabrication could have also gotten it right had any of them cared to do so. Instead they deliberaltely sold us a lie and then hid behind the plausible deniability of official consensus when that lie was exposed.

I don't usually do this but I'll write a slogan for you.... "Failure is a my way of life." Free of charge.

Sorry to be the one to interrupt your fantasies with facts but someone has to....

Back when the Clintons were in the White House, the intelligence community said that Iraq had WMDs. This was something like 8 years prior to Judith Miller's story.
There was so much evidence that the UN sent inspectors into the nation to look for them. Again, well ahead of Judith Miller's account.
Then 9/11/01 happened. At 2:40 PM that same day, Rumsfeld asked for plans to strike Iraq. A year before Judith Miller.
I could quote the CBS news article citing it but paranoia doesn't allow some to accept well known truths. These people have substituted a reality of their own for the actual one; *giggle*.

The rush to war was well ahead of whatever dream you're having. And, oh yeah, by the way, if public opinion were so important to the powers that be, when the support waned why didn't they pull out of the enterprise??

You would do well to acquaint yourself with the topic you're attempting to discuss.
By 4cal
Finfinder wrote:Really? Two blue states :lol: :lol: :lol: ..be careful you'll get dizzy with spin like that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rationalization is a fun exercise.... isn't it? Louisiana is a blue state? Since when....

The charge was that the Democrats were not going to win another election. Providing the counter factual is just one of the many services I provide. No charge.
By Sivad
4cal wrote:I don't usually do this but I'll write a slogan for you.... "Failure is a my way of life." Free of charge.

Sorry to be the one to interrupt your fantasies with facts but someone has to....

Back when the Clintons were in the White House, the intelligence community said that Iraq had WMDs. This was something like 8 years prior to Judith Miller's story.
There was so much evidence that the UN sent inspectors into the nation to look for them. Again, well ahead of Judith Miller's account.
Then 9/11/01 happened. At 2:40 PM that same day, Rumsfeld asked for plans to strike Iraq. A year before Judith Miller.
I could quote the CBS news article citing it but paranoia doesn't allow some to accept well known truths. These people have substituted a reality of their own for the actual one; *giggle*.

The rush to war was well ahead of whatever dream you're having. And, oh yeah, by the way, if public opinion were so important to the powers that be, when the support waned why didn't they pull out of the enterprise??

You would do well to acquaint yourself with the topic you're attempting to discuss.

I guess that would be sensible if it didn't ignore the fact that many journalists did get it right. How do you explain that away?
By 4cal
Sivad wrote:I guess that would be sensible if it didn't ignore the fact that many journalists did get it right. How do you explain that away?

Well, first things first. I was just pointing out the hilarious position you took that somehow Judith Miller lead us into the war. Intel all pointed to the SH having WMDs. The difference was the posture of the POTUS--Clinton didn't want to go to war in Arabia--and 9/11 and Bush was willing to go to war based on the same intel.

Explain it? Why would I explain it? I think the press does a great job. If they have one incredible weakness it is the supposed "pressure" to be first. That matters to nobody except their accountants and that was back when you sold newspapers to make your payroll. Today, nobody cares because the news we consume we get for free on the internet. But on the whole, I think they do a fantastic job.

You...yes you....YOU are the one who feels that the press manufactures news.

SO I will ask you the question...how do YOU explain that many got the story right that there were no WMDs?
By Sivad
4cal wrote:Explain it? Why would I explain it? I think the press does a great job. If they have one incredible weakness it is the supposed "pressure" to be first. That matters to nobody except their accountants and that was back when you sold newspapers to make your payroll. Today, nobody cares because the news we consume we get for free on the internet. But on the whole, I think they do a fantastic job.

Okay, so you're defending a position that even the mainstream has abandoned. Everybody acknowledges it was a journalistic failure, nobody pretends otherwise. I don't feel the need to argue the point with an irrational zealot. You do you, guy.
By 4cal
Sivad wrote:Okay, so you're defending a position that even the mainstream has abandoned. Everybody acknowledges it was a journalistic failure, nobody pretends otherwise. I don't feel the need to argue the point with an irrational zealot. You do you, guy.

he he he....no.

I said that by and large the press does a fantastic job. That you shown evidence to support my claim is your problem.

I've pointed out the silliness of Judith Miller's columns leading us to a catastrophe in Iraq when it was clearly poor intel and a willing Executive.

I, like others, will be happy to wait for you to supply the supposed examples of "fake news" being "catastrophic".... I'll give you a hint. There are none. The press does make mistakes. If the standard is perfection, that is unattainable.
By Sivad
Idiotic bluster in face of fact doesn't merit response.

I will provide a charitable conciliatory in good faith, but keep in mind it's merely an apologetic that doesn't even begin to approach an excuse for the multitude of sins it presumes to address -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 1866a374f4

Also keep in mind that it's only a biased critique of a well established consensus.
By 4cal
Sivad wrote:Idiotic bluster in face of fact doesn't merit response.

I will provide a charitable conciliatory in good faith, but keep in mind it's merely an apologetic that doesn't even begin to approach an excuse for the multitude of sins it presumes to address -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 1866a374f4

Also keep in mind that it's only a biased critique of a well established consensus.

Not sure what any of that means...

But please try to show us that any "fake news" has lead to a catastrophe. You've done nothing but fail miserably so far.

Judith Miller? :lol: :lol: :lol:
By 4cal
Sivad wrote:Okay, but you haven't actually addressed any of the arguments, you just kinda inexplicably lurched into a proclamation of victory. We're all waiting on the big blowout...

You said Judith Miller lead us into a war in Iraq.
I proved you were wrong in every conceivable way.
It has never been a question about you being wrong.
The only question now is how long you'll stick around for the beating.

Gas is considered a green energy resource and out[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/secretsqrl123/status/178988637[…]

https://www.usmessageboard.com/attach[…]

@Rich There is no scientific rationale for rac[…]