Trump and Russiagate - Page 171 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
@blackjack21 Kanye West? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So if you get your picture with a black person, a white person isn't a racist.

Fuck, right-wingers are stupid!
Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 Kanye West? So if you get your picture with a black person, a white person isn't a racist.Fuck, right-wingers are stupid!

The last picture are the leaders of historically black colleges. Trump's approval is rising among black voters. We'll see if that means anything in two weeks. :excited:
Polls are wrong because of silent conservatives/independents. Afraid of being seen as politically incorrect, but Know something is wrong for them to feel that way. They don’t publically participate but do vote.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:A misquote but still applicable.

Trump isn't anywhere close to a genius, although I am sure he might have sat beside one once.

Well, we know for sure you are not. Other leaders of the world, like Putin, say Trump is a genius.
Praise the Lord.
By Godstud
Putin's good at stroking the only thing Trump has in great quantity, and that's a colossal narcissistic ego.

I'm not a genius, but I am at least smart enough to know when someone isn't something they claim to be. You aren't even that smart.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Putin's good at stroking the only thing Trump has in great quantity, and that's a colossal narcissistic ego.

I'm not a genius, but I am at least smart enough to know when someone isn't something they claim to be. You aren't even that smart.

I am certain that you are not that smart either.
Being a genius does not preclude ignorance anyway.
By Beren
Cambridge Dictionary wrote:Image

Trump is not a genius, he could be an evil genius or have a genius for something though. He invited Kanye in the White House maybe because they're the same kind of stable genius mutually understanding, respecting, and even loving each other.

:lol:
The video was interesting but I think we should be concerned attorneys apparently no longer support attorney/client privilege. I think common decency requires you not release such insider information to the public. You are suppose to let your lawyer know your dirty secrets so he can prepare for them.
By Crantag
One Degree wrote:The video was interesting but I think we should be concerned attorneys apparently no longer support attorney/client privilege. I think common decency requires you not release such insider information to the public. You are suppose to let your lawyer know your dirty secrets so he can prepare for them.

I accidentally posted that in the wrong thread, but oh well.

He isn't representing Sayoc. He says he told the family they should use the US Public Defender's office.

You could sort of have a point, but he sort of seems to be representing Sayoc's mother and sister, so in a sense he could be trying to shield them with the interview.

But mostly, I found it interesting as well. That being said, I don't know that it was so much airing dirty secrets, as it actually painted him as mentally ill and in ways sympathetic (insanity plea?).
Crantag wrote:I accidentally posted that in the wrong thread, but oh well.

He isn't representing Sayoc. He says he told the family they should use the US Public Defender's office.

You could sort of have a point, but he sort of seems to be representing Sayoc's mother and sister, so in a sense he could be trying to shield them with the interview.

But mostly, I found it interesting as well. That being said, I don't know that it was so much airing dirty secrets, as it actually painted him as mentally ill and in ways sympathetic (insanity plea?).

I agree he appeared to be protecting the family more than anything. Just hit me wrong but I can see why he could make the decision in good conscience. I probably would not have noticed except it came so soon after Trump lawyers. :)
By Sivad
Similarities between the 1976 resignation of Prime Minister Harold Wilson and current attempted coup against Trump.

A BBC programme The Plot Against Harold Wilson, broadcast in 2006, reported that elements within MI5 had spread "black propaganda" that Wilson and Marcia Williams (Wilson's private secretary) were Soviet agents, and that Wilson was an IRA sympathiser, apparently with the intention of helping the Conservatives win the 1974 election.

Clockwork Orange is the name of the secret British security services project which was alleged to have involved a right-wing smear campaign against British politicians from 1974 to 1975.[1] The black propaganda led Prime Minister Harold Wilson to fear that the security services were preparing a coup d'état.[2] The operation takes its name from A Clockwork Orange, a 1971 Stanley Kubrick film based on an Anthony Burgess novel of the same name. I The project was undertaken by members of the British intelligence services and the British Army press office in Northern Ireland, whose job also included routine public relations work and placing disinformation stories in the press as part of a psychological warfare operation against the Provisional Irish Republican Army. One of the project's members, Colin Wallace, who was the press officer at the Army Headquarters in Northern Ireland, also claims that in 1973, after MI5 became the primary intelligence service in Northern Ireland, the project began giving briefings to foreign journalists against members of Wilson's government. These briefings included distributing forged documents in an attempt to show that the victims were communists or Irish republican sympathisers leading a campaign to destabilise Northern Ireland[3] or were taking bribes.

After his resignation, Prime Minister Harold Wilson claimed that he was the target of a planned military coup. He also denounced a campaign to smear him staged by members of MI5 in order to force his resignation.[4][5] According to journalist Barry Penrose "Wilson spoke darkly of two military coups which he said had been planned to overthrow his government in the late 1960s and in the mid 1970s."[4]

In January 1974 the British Army carried out Operation Marmion, the occupation of London Heathrow Airport on the grounds of training for possible violent non-state actor activity at the terminal,[6] without Wilson's foreknowledge.[7] The operation was repeated on three more occasions in June, July and September. These military deployments were perceived as a practice-run for a military takeover rather than an anti-terrorist exercise.[6]

Airey Neave, the Conservative Member of Parliament (MP) was alleged to have been involved with Clockwork Orange, and to have briefed Wallace on a number of occasions.[8]

Other than Wallace's testimony, the primary evidence for the existence of this plot consisted of a series of handwritten notes taken by Wallace in meetings with other members of the plot. Journalists investigating Wallace's story had these notes analysed by a forensic scientist, and the results were found to be consistent with the notes having been taken contemporaneously.

In the House of Commons, on 30 January 1990, junior defence minister Archie Hamilton, admitted the existence of a project called Clockwork Orange, although he claimed that there was no evidence that this project involved a smear campaign against politicians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockwork_Orange_(plot)

The Peter Wright allegations and Clockwork Orange

Peter Wright claimed that he was confronted by two of his MI5 colleagues and that they said to him: "Wilson's a bloody menace and it's about time the public knew the truth", and "We'll have him out, this time we'll have him out".[12] Wright alleged that there was a plan to leak damaging information about Wilson and that this had been approved by 'up to thirty officers'.[12] As the 1974 election approached, the plan went, MI5 would leak selective details of the intelligence about Labour leaders, especially Wilson, to 'sympathetic' journalists. According to Wright, MI5 would use their contacts in the press and the trade unions to spread around the idea that Wilson was considered a security risk. The matter was to be raised in Parliament for 'maximum effect'.[12] However Wright declined to let them see the files on Wilson and the plan was never carried out; but Wright does claim it was a 'carbon copy' of the Zinoviev Letter which had helped destabilise the first Labour Government in 1924.

On 22 March 1987 former MI5 officer James Miller claimed that the Ulster Workers Council Strike of 1974 had been promoted by MI5 to help destabilise Wilson's government.[13]

In July 1987, Labour MP, Ken Livingstone used his maiden speech to raise the allegations of a former Army press officer, Colin Wallace, that the Army press office in Northern Ireland had been used in the 1970s as part of a smear campaign, codenamed Clockwork Orange, against Harold Wilson and other British and Irish politicians.

Recent scholarship

In Defence of the Realm (2009), the first authorised history of MI5, by Christopher Andrew, it was shown that MI5 kept a file on Wilson from 1945, when he became an MP – because communist civil servants claimed that he had similar political sympathies. However, Defence of the Realm claims that there was no conspiracy against Wilson, and repeats the Callaghan government claim that there was no bugging of 10 Downing Street.[14] Doubt was cast on this claim, however, in 2010 when newspaper reports made detailed allegations that the bugging of 10 Downing Street had been omitted from the history for "wider public interest reasons". The government did not issue a denial of the allegations. In 1963 on Harold Macmillan's orders following the Profumo Affair MI5 bugged the cabinet room, the waiting room, and the prime minister's study until the bugs were removed in 1977 on James Callaghan's orders. From the records it is unclear if Harold Wilson or Edward Heath knew of the bugging, and no recorded conversations were retained by MI5 so possibly the bugs were never activated.[15] Professor Andrew had previously recorded in the preface of the history that "One significant excision as a result of these requirements (in the chapter on The Wilson Plot) is, I believe, hard to justify", giving credibility to these new allegations.[16]

Intelligence historian Jon Moran, concluded in 2014:

The characterisation of Harold Wilson as paranoid does not take account of the political context of the time, which was characterised by a paranoid political style generally which applied to both left and right (including MI5 itself). The suspicion of Wilson and others towards the unlawful activities of the security services and other right wing figures resulted from concrete domestic and international developments discussed in more detail below. Andrew is correct to be sceptical, and there remains limited evidence of a ‘plot’, if a plot is defined as a tightly organised high-level conspiracy with a detailed plan. However there is evidence of a conspiracy: a loosely connected series of unlawful manoeuvres against an elected government by a group of like-minded figures.[17]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wi ... ork_Orange
By Sivad
Glenn Greenwald offers a compelling explanation as to why the CIA and other unelected arms of the deep state want Trump gone.
Albert wrote:https://twitter.com/ArthurSchwartz/status/1057993007104974848

I love it. Show them for the hypocrites they are. Pelosi evaluating the needs of minorities from 30,000 feet. :)

So far, lots of good comments and anecdotes - but […]

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being ra[…]

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]