Trump and Russiagate - Page 25 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Dave
4cal wrote:
No. :roll:

No treaty in the world forces one nation to point a warhead at another.

Only enemies point weapons at one another. You should have learned this in common sense 101

If our nuclear forces don't have targeting regimes for every nuclear armed power then a lot of brass needs to be fired, immediately.

The Soviet Union was indeed our enemy. The Russian Federation is not, though apparently this point is unclear to many of the bright lights in Washington.
By Hong Wu
I think there's a duty to at least try and get through to Russia truthers but at the end of the day they're doing this because they don't want to look in the mirror, what better reason is there for saying that someone deserves what's coming to them than that?
By jimjam
President Trump on Saturday asserted the “complete power to pardon” relatives, aides and possibly even himself in response to investigations into Russia’s meddling in last year’s election.

Trump above the rule of law? Cool! Somehow unsurprising that our Dick Face In Chief would think thusly.
@jimjam Are you talking about the Huffpost article and this tweet?

While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 22, 2017

The Washington Post made an unsubstantiated accusation and Trump tweeted this reply. :?: He did not say it, they said he said it.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:@jimjam Are you talking about the Huffpost article and this tweet?

The Washington Post made an unsubstantiated accusation and Trump tweeted this reply. :?: He did not say it, they said he said it.

I very rarely read Huffpost. They are too sensational and, for myself, not very interesting. It's pretty much out there that trump claimed "complete power" to pardon. So, I guess the debate is over what The Great Man meant by "complete" . Here is a definition of "complete" per google: "to the greatest extent or degree; total"

There you have it folks. The latest in a long line of trump headline grabbing pissing contests. Inspirational leadership at it's finest. But, hey, would it be out of character for The Great Man to pardon himself? I think not.
jimjam wrote:I very rarely read Huffpost. They are too sensational and, for myself, not very interesting. It's pretty much out there that trump claimed "complete power" to pardon. So, I guess the debate is over what The Great Man meant by "complete" . Here is a definition of "complete" per google: "to the greatest extent or degree; total"

There you have it folks. The latest in a long line of trump headline grabbing pissing contests. Inspirational leadership at it's finest. But, hey, would it be out of character for The Great Man to pardon himself? I think not.

I have seen nothing that proves he actually said this. All we have is the Washington Post saying they heard he did. :?:
By 4cal
Dave wrote:If our nuclear forces don't have targeting regimes for every nuclear armed power then a lot of brass needs to be fired, immediately.

The Soviet Union was indeed our enemy. The Russian Federation is not, though apparently this point is unclear to many of the bright lights in Washington.

There is no difference. Russia has it’s goals and few if any are to work with the US.
jimjam wrote:President Trump on Saturday asserted the “complete power to pardon” relatives, aides and possibly even himself in response to investigations into Russia’s meddling in last year’s election.

Trump above the rule of law? Cool! Somehow unsurprising that our Dick Face In Chief would think thusly.

So when do we hear that the pardon is legal or illegal? Who decides? He cannot decide himself or can he? Too weird.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:I have seen nothing that proves he actually said this. All we have is the Washington Post saying they heard he did. :?:

I seriously doubt that he said that he would pardon himself. It all hinges on how "complete" is interpreted which is obviously a stretch. Trump is POTUS and part of the job is to have a target pinned to your back. Trump doesn't help the situation any with the steady stream of lies and insults he dishes out. To a large degree he is reaping what he has sowed. He is caught up in an unending loop : he shits on people, they shit back on him and he puts up a killer defense ..... ad infinitum. This is it folks.......... insults, lies and endless investigations. Get used to it. As long as he is around this will be the ticket.
By 4cal
One thing that I would hope that would come out of this catastrophe of a Presidency and joke of a man who currently occupies the office is the realization that our politics (especially when compared to the rest of the globe) was and is not so bad.

Before Trump, we didn’t have people giving out phone numbers of their opponent.
Before Trump, we didn’t have people repeatedly and as a matter of practice calling their opponents names.
Before Trump, we didn’t have candidates colluding with enemy nations to win an election.
Before Trump, we didn’t have “alternative facts”
Before Trump, we didn’t have questions about whether the President will find it necessary to pardon himself

The pervert in the oval office has tarnished the nation beyond all predictions…and it’s only been 6 short months.
By Ter
4cal wrote:The pervert in the oval office has tarnished the nation beyond all predictions…and it’s only been 6 short months.

The only alternative presented to the voters was stinky lying Hillary:

[youtube]-dY77j6uBHI[/youtube]
By Hindsite
MistyTiger wrote:So when do we hear that the pardon is legal or illegal? Who decides? He cannot decide himself or can he? Too weird.

I told you before that pardon business was "Fake News". Trump never initiated any such post.
Hindsite wrote:I told you before that pardon business was "Fake News". Trump never initiated any such post.

I do not believe you and that it is from the "Fake news" arena. All the major news sources are mentioning it. And he made a tweet about it.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS

7:35 AM - 22 Jul 2017
15,571 15,571 Retweets 61,673 61,673 likes
MistyTiger wrote:I do not believe you and that it is from the "Fake news" arena. All the major news sources are mentioning it. And he made a tweet about it.

It is amazing how we can each interpret things the way we want. To me, he is simply saying "why would I even consider saying such a thing."
MistyTiger wrote:It is silly to deny it when Trump himself has spoken about it and tweeted that he has the right. You can just look on his twitter. I posted the text minus his mugshot from the site. I found the tweet from this site.

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-pardon-himself

There was no way to respond fully to the accusation in a tweet. The only real issue is whether a president can pardon himself. It is jumping to conclusions to assume Trump was saying he did from this tweet. I am not sure the question has ever been asked and therefore is only interesting from that perspective.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/GadflyMorse/status/888146887118790656

Thanks, I was just reading some of the opinions. It appears he probably could pardon himself, but there would be no logical reason to do so.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]