Trump and Russiagate - Page 256 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
annatar1914 wrote:Libel is libel, and holding the media accountable for lapses in the ethical area of libel and slander is an old arena of law, requiring only that the party accusing of libel prove their case in court. There's nothing Dictatorial in itself to sue the press for this.

I am in complete agreement with this statement. But ………… perhaps you have not noticed that it has been Donald's MO for many years to use his stable of hundreds of lawyers to bully and intimidate his real and imagined enemies with real and imagined violations of the law. And …… are you suggesting that Donald is a champion of free speech ….. :lol: Be real.

annatar1914 wrote:A Free Press is also a Press free of lies.

We are off into the stratosphere with this one. Very esoteric. My official response is, "OK, complete agreement once again".

Now off to the lanai for a quality beer and a fine Cuban Communist cigar ….. :)
Last edited by jimjam on 27 Feb 2020 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
Patrickov wrote:When someone in power or aligned to those in power do this others usually see that as an abuse of power.

If I remember correctly Singapore has been doing this for decades.

Holding others accountable for their actions or failure to act, when they are being civically irresponsible or even dangerous is not an abuse of power but the attempted restraint of abuse of power by others. Words are weapons too, and some media are Journalistic arsonists.
Patrickov wrote:Of course I don't know. What I was trying to say is that it does not matter. There are simply things that anti-Trumpers should do, no matter what, in order to achieve their goal.

You apparently believe that the end justifies the means so that for anti-Trumpers to lie and cheat is just fine. That sounds like poor morals to me.
By Patrickov
Hindsite wrote:You apparently believe that the end justifies the means so that for anti-Trumpers to lie and cheat is just fine. That sounds like poor morals to me.

I was accusing them of apparently complaining too much and acting too little, and ideologically I am against them. The only problem is that some of their accusations are difficult to refute.

The statement "the end justifying the means" does not logically hold, because the means in issues this scale often affect the end itself. It should be corrected to "if the means do not alter our desired end to include something we cannot bear then it can be justified".

It is pretty funny that I seem to be accused of being too lenient to anti-Trumpers here, while some of the staunchest anti-Trumpers do not hesitate to accuse me of being a Russian troll (and thus their enemy).
By Patrickov
annatar1914 wrote:Holding others accountable for their actions or failure to act, when they are being civically irresponsible or even dangerous is not an abuse of power but the attempted restraint of abuse of power by others.

I am not saying it shouldn't be done, but the problem is who should do it. Conflict of Interest can be an issue here.

annatar1914 wrote:Words are weapons too, and some media are Journalistic arsonists.

It ultimately comes down to how we treat and respond to information.

Ultimately we must develop a more objective mentality. While I acknowledge that some of people's actions induce undesirable response, we should ourselves be less (emotionally) affected by the information provider, be it the media or the government.
By jimjam
A federal judge on Thursday sharply criticized Attorney General William P. Barr’s handling of the report by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, saying that Mr. Barr put forward a “distorted” and “misleading” account of its findings and lacked credibility on the topic.

Mr. Barr could not be trusted, Judge Reggie B. Walton said, citing “inconsistencies” between the attorney general’s statements about the report when it was secret and its actual contents that turned out to be more damaging to President Trump. Mr. Barr’s “lack of candor” called into question his “credibility and, in turn, the department’s” assurances to the court, Judge Walton said.

The judge ordered the Justice Department to privately show him the portions of the report that were censored in the publicly released version so he could independently verify the justifications for those redactions. The ruling came in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking a full-text version of the report.
By jimjam
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh …… it's back …….. :lol:

For years, President Trump has derided the assessment by American intelligence officials that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election to assist his candidacy, dismissing it without evidence as the work of a “deep state” out to undermine his victory.

But on Tuesday, a long-awaited Senate review led by members of Mr. Trump’s own party effectively undercut those allegations. A three-year review by the Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee unanimously found that the intelligence community assessment, pinning blame on Russia and outlining its goals to undercut American democracy, was fundamentally sound and untainted by politics.

“Russia and its imitators increasingly use information warfare to sow societal chaos and discord,” Mr. Burr said. “With the 2020 presidential election approaching, it’s more important than ever that we remain vigilant against the threat of interference from hostile foreign actors.”

Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, the committee’s top Democrat, concurred and warned that Russia’s success in 2016 would embolden the Kremlin to continue to interfere in American democracy.
By late
jimjam wrote:
But on Tuesday, a long-awaited Senate review led by members of Mr. Trump’s own party effectively undercut those allegations. A three-year review by the Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee unanimously found that the intelligence community assessment, pinning blame on Russia and outlining its goals to undercut American democracy, was fundamentally sound and untainted by politics.

I wonder what Moscow Mitch had to say about that.
By Finfinder
It is interesting how the Russian hoax has been crumbling down to nothing under the cover of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Not looking good for the Dems, the largest scandal in USA history and Obama is in the middle of it.
Last edited by Finfinder on 01 May 2020 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:A federal judge on Thursday sharply criticized Attorney General William P. Barr’s handling of the report by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, saying that Mr. Barr put forward a “distorted” and “misleading” account of its findings and lacked credibility on the topic.

Mr. Barr could not be trusted, Judge Reggie B. Walton said, citing “inconsistencies” between the attorney general’s statements about the report when it was secret and its actual contents that turned out to be more damaging to President Trump. Mr. Barr’s “lack of candor” called into question his “credibility and, in turn, the department’s” assurances to the court, Judge Walton said.

The judge ordered the Justice Department to privately show him the portions of the report that were censored in the publicly released version so he could independently verify the justifications for those redactions. The ruling came in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking a full-text version of the report.

I am very sure that Attorney General William P. Barr is very credible and that he is getting to the bottom of the wrong doing by the FBI under the leadership of James Comey. It looks like General Michael Flynn will be totally exonerated and will not even need the pardon from President Trump.

President Trump Believes Michael Flynn Will Be 'Totally Exonerated'

President Trump said Thursday that he thinks his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, will be "totally exonerated" in light of recently unsealed FBI documents related to the bureau's investigation of the former general.

Trump has always left open the door to a possible pardon for Flynn. Asked about that possibility now, Trump said "hopefully we won't have to go there."

Flynn's case has grabbed headlines over the past 24 hours--and the president's attention--because two tranches of FBI materials related to the case have been made public as part of his ongoing legal battle.

On Wednesday evening, a federal judge unsealed documents that appear to show an internal FBI debate about how to handle the case against Flynn, including how to proceed if he lied to them about his contacts with the Russian ambassador.

Another 12 pages of FBI documents were made public in a court filing by Flynn's lawyers Thursday.

Flynn's attorneys say the materials show the bureau trying to entrap Flynn, and strengthen his legal argument for the case to be dismissed.

A decision on that question lies in the hands of U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan, who has dismissed Flynn's previous allegations of government wrongdoing.

The documents, which date to January 2017, were handed over last week to Flynn's defense team by the Justice Department as part of a review of the case ordered by Attorney General William Barr.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/30/84816167 ... entrapment
By late
You guys love your fairy tales.

And I trust Barr as far as I can throw the planet. No, wait, less than that..

Odds are 99.99% this will turn out to be your usual BS. No, wait, make that 99.99999%.

But, if divine intervention happens, and it turns out you're only mostly wrong, that will be an interesting day.

But don't hold your breath.
By Finfinder
late wrote:You guys love your fairy tales.

Odds are 99.99% this will turn out to be your usual BS. No, wait, make that 99.99999%.

But, if divine intervention happens, and it turns out you're only mostly wrong, that will be an interesting day.

I didn't expect a coherent rebuttal. The FBI agents' ( Peter Strock ) personal hand written notes admitting they set up Flynn is not enough for you. The left and the Democrats have become a disgrace to this country. What a failed political party I would be embarrassed to be a Democrat.
They still have the nads to argue/pretend it didn't happen. They railroad a 5 star general because they lost an election with Hillary Clinton now Biden
By Finfinder
late wrote:You guys love your fairy tales.

Poor late has been destroyed again on POFO

I was right you were wrong LOL.

The wheels are coming off, first you guys are upset that too many people survived the pandemic now the Democrat collusion shit is hitting the fan. :lol: :lol:

Justice Dept. Drops Case Against Michael Flynn
The extraordinary move came after the former national security adviser had fought the case in court for months, a reversal after pleading guilty twice and cooperating with investigators.

Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s first national security adviser, pleaded guilty in late 2017 to lying to investigators.
Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s first national security adviser, pleaded guilty in late 2017 to lying to investigators.Credit...Samuel Corum for The New York Times
Adam GoldmanKatie Benner
By Adam Goldman and Katie Benner
May 7, 2020
Updated 3:16 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department dropped its criminal case on Thursday against Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s first national security adviser, who had previously pleaded guilty to lying to F.B.I. agents about his conversations with a Russian diplomat.

The extraordinary move comes amid a sustained attack by Mr. Flynn’s lawyers on prosecutors and the F.B.I., accusing them of egregious conduct. In recent days, Mr. Flynn’s lawyers said the Justice Department had uncovered new documents that pointed to misconduct, particularly in investigators’ interview of Mr. Flynn in January 2017 as part of its inquiry into whether Trump advisers conspired with Russia’s election interference.

Law enforcement officials cited that interview in moving to drop the charges, saying in a court filing that the some of newfound documents showed that the questioning “was untethered to, and unjustified by, the F.B.I.’s counterintelligence investigation into Mr. Flynn” and that the case did not meet the legal standard that Mr. Flynn’s lies be “materially” relevant to the matter under investigation.

In a possible sign of disagreement with the Justice Department decision, Brandon L. Van Grack, the department lawyer who led the prosecution of Mr. Flynn, abruptly withdrew from the case on Thursday. Mr. Flynn’s lawyers have repeatedly attacked Mr. Van Grack by name in court filings, citing his “incredible malfeasance.”
By late
Finfinder wrote:

The wheels are coming off

That is actually correct. Shea is Barrs right hand man.

Flynn pled guilty, what this case tells us is that the Justice Dept has been completely corrupted.
By Finfinder
late wrote:That is actually correct. Shea is Barrs right hand man.

Flynn pled guilty, what this case tells us is that the Justice Dept has been completely corrupted.

This is your ilks problem you should just admit when you are wrong.

Your ilk tried to to frame a decorated army general who fell on his sword to protect his son. Your lies don't change the truth.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
This is your ilks problem you should just admit when you are wrong.

Take your own advice. Several hundred times,just so we can get caught up.

The Flynn case infuriated the judge, who said Flynn had betrayed his country. Which he did. Flynn is as guilty as hell.
By Finfinder
late wrote:Take your own advice. Several hundred times,just so we can get caught up.

The Flynn case infuriated the judge, who said Flynn had betrayed his country. Which he did. Flynn is as guilty as hell.

LOL the feds never drop cases the FBI's hand written notes specifically say they are going to set Flynn up. Stop try to spin this its over for you.

He plead to save his family because that is the character of a decorated army general would do. The left is so stupid. @late you can't talk your way out of this just take your loss and move on to how you are going to defend Adam Schiff in the next document drop.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
LOL the feds never drop cases the FBI's hand written notes specifically say they are going to set Flynn up. Stop try to spin this its over for you.

Love your crazy.

Sullivan will prob hold a hearing to review this. That will be interesting.

Are you done projecting your own racism here? Y[…]

@Deutschmania , @wat0n The definition of auth[…]

@QatzelOk calling another person a liar is not a[…]

Race is scientifically arbitrary. It was created […]