Trump and Russiagate - Page 119 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:That's not the point at all. The establishment doesn't understand why people like Trump and don't understand what it would take for people not to like Trump (and thereby prefer the establishment candidate to Trump). It has nothing to do with dodging anything at all. It is the establishment that has been dodging the issues of illegal aliens depressing wages; employers being able to hire illegal aliens without penalty; trade laws that favor outsourcing; and politicians who favor illegal aliens and business interests who want to undercut US producers and thereby US employees and their wages. That is what has people interested in Trump. Stormy Daniels is obviously a flop.

I don't know why I'm wasting time on this ........ I must like you. I understand why people like Trump. He is the consummate con man and he is very good at it. He is just giving the peons, who obviously are poor at math, crumbs while vastly speeding up the transfer of wealth from the poor to the wealthy. He is certainly not a traitor to his class. He flim flams about illegals this and illegals that while robbing the US treasury of $1,500,000,000,000 on behalf of the rich boys. Clever as they are, this is called "tax reform." They are already talking about cuts to social security and medicare because ............ there is no money left; scum bags. He understands human nature very well and has mastered the art of promising the easily fooled (most people) everything while fucking them in the ass. The environment? Clean water and clean air are going by the boards in the interest of "deregulation". Certainly there are unneeded regulations but, surprise, the needed will be tossed out along with the unneeded .......... once again to make the rich richer while we suck down smog and filthy water. Obamacare? Shit, it's got the evil Obama's name on it. Lets dump it along with health care for millions of poor folk. And, hey, this also gets rid of a tax on the rich boys.

Got the drift yet #21? It is all about class warfare in spades and guess whose side Donald is on?

:eek:
By Ter
jimjam wrote:He understands human nature very well and has mastered the art of promising the easily fooled (most people) everything while fucking them in the ass.

This is the exact job description of every politician I know of, from any party, from any country.
jimjam wrote:I understand why people like Trump. He is the consummate con man and he is very good at it.

All politicians are con artists almost by definition. Trump can't be differentiated in that way. It's the substance of his message that resonates, not his technique.

jimjam wrote:He is just giving the peons, who obviously are poor at math, crumbs while vastly speeding up the transfer of wealth from the poor to the wealthy.

The so-called peons are doing better under Trump. Few yet, except maybe for Sally Yates, James Comey, some establishment politicians and political consultants are doing worse. The people who will get screwed by Trump's tax bill are not working class peons. It will be mostly blue state upper middle and upper class people who relied on unlimited deductions for state taxes who will suddenly feel the pinch of their liberal ways. That is who is going to be really pissed off come about this time next year. Mark it on your calendar and we can revive the discussion then.

jimjam wrote:He is certainly not a traitor to his class.

Well, I suppose that's true.

jimjam wrote:He flim flams about illegals this and illegals that while robbing the US treasury of $1,500,000,000,000 on behalf of the rich boys.

The stock market has already added $5T. At capital gains rates, realizing those gains almost covers for that amount already. We're not even talking lower unemployment rates and high tax receipts. Capital gains alone will cover much of it.

jimjam wrote:They are already talking about cuts to social security and medicare because ............ there is no money left; scum bags.

The biggest boon for Medicare in the last 20 years happened under George W. Bush. The biggest cuts happened under Obama with Medicare slashed by ObamaCare. What they are "talking about" isn't that important. What's important is what they do. There was zero news coverage of $500B in cuts to Medicare under Obama, because the news media and the Democrats are more or less owned by the same political cabal. I didn't hear you complain much about Obama's actual cuts to Medicare, which are ongoing right now. You seem to be championing it. Are you one of those peons that are poor at math that you described above?

jimjam wrote:He understands human nature very well and has mastered the art of promising the easily fooled (most people) everything while fucking them in the ass.

After 8 years of Obama, we're meant to be more open minded about anal sex. Any guesses why?
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:All politicians are con artists almost by definition. Trump can't be differentiated in that way. It's the substance of his message that resonates, not his technique.

The so-called peons are doing better under Trump. Few yet, except maybe for Sally Yates, James Comey, some establishment politicians and political consultants are doing worse. The people who will get screwed by Trump's tax bill are not working class peons. It will be mostly blue state upper middle and upper class people who relied on unlimited deductions for state taxes who will suddenly feel the pinch of their liberal ways. That is who is going to be really pissed off come about this time next year. Mark it on your calendar and we can revive the discussion then.

Well, I suppose that's true.

The stock market has already added $5T. At capital gains rates, realizing those gains almost covers for that amount already. We're not even talking lower unemployment rates and high tax receipts. Capital gains alone will cover much of it.

The biggest boon for Medicare in the last 20 years happened under George W. Bush. The biggest cuts happened under Obama with Medicare slashed by ObamaCare. What they are "talking about" isn't that important. What's important is what they do. There was zero news coverage of $500B in cuts to Medicare under Obama, because the news media and the Democrats are more or less owned by the same political cabal. I didn't hear you complain much about Obama's actual cuts to Medicare, which are ongoing right now. You seem to be championing it. Are you one of those peons that are poor at math that you described above?

After 8 years of Obama, we're meant to be more open minded about anal sex. Any guesses why?

I agree with you that it is cool to see how Donald is pissing all the ass holes off but , for myself, that comes at an unacceptable cost. There is no point in endlessly thrashing out the details. It's best that we simply agree to disagree.
Last edited by jimjam on 17 Apr 2018 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
By jimjam
Ter wrote:This is the exact job description of every politician I know of, from any party, from any country.

True but you have completely overlooked the consideration of degree. ie. let us compare Jimmy Carter and Josef Stalin in this respect.
How stupid of me to support Trump. I should have admitted, as a white man, I deserve to be castrated and killed for my victimization of women and minorities. What could I possibly have been thinking?
By Zamuel
jimjam wrote:True but you have completely overlooked the consideration of degree. ie. let us compare Jimmy Carter and Josef Stalin in this respect.

Well, carter did mastermind the demise of crunchy peanut butter ya know ...

Zam :hmm:
By jimjam
Why does Trump care about what the prosecutors might discover in the Michael Cohen haul? He has repeatedly stated he didn't do anything wrong. For someone who isn't guilty of anything, he is certainly acting like a guilty man. I expect he'll be bringing up the concept of self pardon again soon. So when does the Fox News smear campaign against Judge Wood start?
By Zamuel
jimjam wrote:So when does the Fox News smear campaign against Judge Wood start?

? Maybe that's on hold? Until they get a handle on how much do-do Hannity has gotten them into. Might be interesting when the FBI raids their offices ... hmmm ... :eek:

Zam
By 4cal
jimjam wrote:Why does Trump care about what the prosecutors might discover in the Michael Cohen haul? He has repeatedly stated he didn't do anything wrong. For someone who isn't guilty of anything, he is certainly acting like a guilty man. I expect he'll be bringing up the concept of self pardon again soon. So when does the Fox News smear campaign against Judge Wood start?

It already started. As a grad student, she worked for the Playboy organization for a whopping 5 days. This has been "unearthed" by "concerned citizens" so obviously she's tainted as a judge.
By jimjam
Trump has relied on gangsters disguised as lawyers to do his dirty work for all his "career". Donald was schooled by the infamous Roy Cohn. Roy had worked for Senator Joe McCarthy in the 1950's and was useful for his mob connections. Roy, notorious in the NYC underground, died of aids in 1986.

Donald's current hit man, Michael Cohen, is also a sweetheart. In the summer of 2015, Cohen told a Daily Beast reporter to “tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting,”
jimjam wrote:Trump has relied on gangsters disguised as lawyers to do his dirty work for all his "career". Donald was schooled by the infamous Roy Cohn. Roy had worked for Senator Joe McCarthy in the 1950's and was useful for his mob connections. Roy, notorious in the NYC underground, died of aids in 1986.

Donald's current hit man, Michael Cohen, is also a sweetheart. In the summer of 2015, Cohen told a Daily Beast reporter to “tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting,”

Trump's supporters and his enemies alike tend to forget this aspect of Trump's public life.

Again, this is the disintegration of Law in a crumbling Nation-State system, in which Lawyers and other technical hired men are just a kind of weapon againt an opponent. We shouldn't paint it in too florid of colors I believe JJ; it simply is the reality of the System, and no one individual is to blame in what is overall a sinful socio-economic Structure more than anything else. What else can a Lawyer be in such a society as a kind of hitman for one side or other?

You don't get to change the System, It changes you. The Swamp had Trump and everybody else on a certain level of Class society, because They are the Swamp and the Swamp is them.
By Albert
This is why Putin and Trump get along so well they come from the same creed of society. Both are of mobster mentality.
Albert wrote:This is why Putin and Trump get along so well they come from the same creed of society. Both are of mobster mentality.

No, V.V. Putin is first and foremost a Russian Patriot, and so the Mobster mentality label doesn't apply to him. He was originally a kind of Pinochet, enforcing a neo-liberal Capitalist System on Russia to Westernize the country in the belief that this was best for Russia as for the rest of the world, everybody making money and getting rich, but now he knows along with most of the rest of his country that the game is rigged against them by the Globalist elites (who only desire Russia as a prostrate resource colony) as with the flaws and contradictions of the System of Capitalism to begin with....

Trump is one of those Capitalist Elites, like the Oligarchs who looted Russia and almost destroyed her. No, not much similarity.

So I'll let history judge who is more the ''mobster mentality'' of the two.
By colliric
Albert wrote:This is why Putin and Trump get along so well they come from the same creed of society. Both are of mobster mentality.

So were Churchill and Hitler... Both war veterans, both understood violence, both tried to organise the "hit" of the other from afar, both had good Bodyguards and security.

Both men understood the threat the other man posed years in advance of World War 2. Both were great at politics.
By Albert
annatar1914 wrote:No, V.V. Putin is first and foremost a Russian Patriot, and so the Mobster mentality label doesn't apply to him. He was originally a kind of Pinochet, enforcing a neo-liberal Capitalist System on Russia to Westernize the country in the belief that this was best for Russia as for the rest of the world, everybody making money and getting rich, but now he knows along with most of the rest of his country that the game is rigged against them by the Globalist elites (who only desire Russia as a prostrate resource colony) as with the flaws and contradictions of the System of Capitalism to begin with....

Trump is one of those Capitalist Elites, like the Oligarchs who looted Russia and almost destroyed her. No, not much similarity.

So I'll let history judge who is more the ''mobster mentality'' of the two.
Mobsters can be patriots as well. Russia was given access to world market after the collapse of SU. What Putin and his mob did in 2000s, sell oil to get rich? Instead of developing the country they just did what mobsters know what to do, that is horde wealth. Him and his mob can not develop a country even if they wanted to.

colliric wrote:
So were Churchill and Hitler... Both war veterans, both understood violence, both tried to organise the "hit" of the other from afar, both had good Bodyguards and security.

Both men understood the threat the other man posed years in advance of World War 2. Both were great at politics.
Churchill came from nobility and participated in political life long before he became prime minister. Hitler came from a desperate struggling life who was intellectually and artistically inclined. (Hence Main Kampf of a struggling artist)

Putin's background is not military, I wish he was from the military that would have been best option for Russia right now to be honest. Putin comes from career in KGB, these people are henchmen. Sure they are intelligent to a degree but they are not creative or open-minded thinkers. In KGB if you were above average IQ they would not take you in their ranks. As you would think too much and question things. Especially if you were foreign spy as there was a higher chance you would defect.

Because of this Putin can't develop nor create anything. On top of that he has a mob mentality, he is not a statesman. He just does not have the minerals for it. He and his mob of buddies is one of the main reasons Russia is held back atm.

I guess his merit is cunningness and machinations. It served him well in political affairs be they domestic or foreign, but that is about it.
By Crantag
Albert wrote:Putin's background is not military, I wish he was from the military that would have been best option for Russia right now to be honest. Putin comes from career in KGB, these people are henchmen. Sure they are intelligent to a degree but they are not creative or open-minded thinkers. In KGB if you were above average IQ they would not take you in their ranks. As you would think too much and question things. Especially if you were foreign spy as there was a higher chance you would defect.

Because of this Putin can't develop nor create anything. On top of that he has a mob mentality, he is not a statesman. He just does not have the minerals for it. He and his mob of buddies is one of the main reasons Russia is held back atm.

I guess his merit is cunningness and machinations. It served him well in political affairs however be they domestic or foreign, but that is about it.

Just meaning to call it like I see it here, but this strikes me as excessive in the way of conjecture, in the interest of character assault.

What you have generalized there might be loosely accurate (or it might be entirely made up by you, I truly have no idea whatsoever).

However, it seems like you are seeking to employ such generalizations about the KGB so as to impugn the intelligence of Putin.

This is stretching too far for my taste. That said, I think that Putin is very intelligent. So the above is just me saying that you have failed to dispossess me of this, with your KGB profiling job there.
By colliric
Albert wrote:Churchill came from nobility and participated in political life long before he became prime minister. Hitler came from a desperate struggling life who was intellectually and artistically inclined. (Hence Main Kampf of a struggling artist)

Yet both men being significant War Veterans, both participating in WW1 on opposite sides, seemed to make them both understand the threat the other posed.

Winston was almost assasinated many times and so was Hitler. Both had significant security details.

Also both men in fact were artistically inclined. Winston loved painting also, it's noted as his favourite hobby. He made his bodyguard carry both Gun and painting kit many times according to Thompson's autobiography.

P.S. I'm currently rewatching Churchill's Bodyguard and it's sequel series Hitler's Bodyguard.
Crantag wrote:Just meaning to call it like I see it here, but this strikes me as excessive in the way of conjecture, in the interest of character assault.

What you have generalized there might be loosely accurate (or it might be entirely made up by you, I truly have no idea whatsoever).

However, it seems like you are seeking to employ such generalizations about the KGB so as to impugn the intelligence of Putin.

This is stretching too far for my taste. That said, I think that Putin is very intelligent. So the above is just me saying that you have failed to dispossess me of this, with your KGB profiling job there.

Yes, it's not a helpful answer which is why I failed to respond to Albert's reply. People are far too personality driven, probably in their attempts to avoid ''bigger picture'' questions such as endemic structural problems within the System. I simply note as I did in the beginning comment I made, that the System changes the men in charge, more than they change the System. If one wants to call the men who are at the very top ''Gangsters'', it is both inaccurate and serves to distract from the more important issues. I will say that Nationalists do tend to be more populist and somewhat more conscientious of social crisis and the national common good as they see it than a mere money driven Businessman....

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O