Trump and Russiagate - Page 136 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
Finfinder wrote:Jimjam I know we are both having fun with this. Technically its not six since president the doj and the fbi all are under the executive branch.

Yes, we are both cool and not immature enough to take any of the venting/hot air (of which I do my share) personally. Off topic, sort of, I heard recently where two guys were arguing heatedly on the internet and one stabbed the other.

Finfinder wrote:I understand this is a legacy thread issue here you are all in and at this point you have to argue that the sky isn't blue.

Well, as a matter of fact, it was grey yesterday.

Finfinder wrote:BTW I was reading on another thread you recently had a very interesting delivery to your house you little devil should have mentioned that when you were down here. Ill be in Limerick on Aug 25th BTW

Hmmmm … I did have a pair of shoes delivered recently but.... please don't tell Rick Scott. You may have noticed that using and purchasing shoes is legal here in Maine.

Finfinder wrote: Ill be in Limerick on Aug 25th BTW

I pretty much stick near the ocean. I have spent most of my life near the ocean. What brings you up here? Stop down to Portland if you are able. We'll put you up for the night and take you on a ferry ride to the islands.
By jimjam
skinster wrote:You can't seriously be asking for proof after shilling this evidence-free Russiagate allegations since they began. :lol:

Soooo …. no proof.

No ma'am no shilling here. Simply reporting the soap opera. And, for the third time, I do not think this will stick to Donald AND it is a very worthwhile exercise in that it has exposed an abundance of slimy scumbag associates to Donald which is way neat and entertaining. Also it is so much fun to antagonize Donald :) .
After Rosenstein rebuked Jordan's use of anonymous media reports, Jordan read from a quote that one anonymous House committee staffer gave to Fox.

“This is what they said: 'Having the nation's number one law enforcement officer threaten to subpoena your calls and emails is downright chilling,' ” Jordan said. “Did you threaten to subpoena their calls and emails?”

“No, sir, and there's no way to subpoena phone calls,” Rosenstein said, clearly pleased with himself.

There were audible laughs in the room.

Audible laughs? I roared. :lol:
By jimjam
Stormsmith wrote:Audible laughs? I roared. :lol:

Nooooo …. From all fair and balanced Fox Fake News?? And then, repeated in the halls of congress by a Fox zombie? It couldn't be. Must be a mistake :eek: .

I don’t get the joke. His statement is not necessarily true. Does, “this call is being recorded for...” ring a bell?
By skinster
Somebody referred to the Rachel Maddow show as the Russia Maddow show and I think that is worthy of sharing because har har, it's funny because it's true. :D
By Zamuel
So Manafort is trying to squirm out of jail again. He's filed papers requesting his release "pending appeal" whatever that means ? He say's jail is interfering with the preparations for an upcoming trial. - So it's causing problems with tampering with witnesses ?

Giuliani is being ominously silent these days … ?

Zam ;)

You would. First, they already have all the metadata. Second, they don't need a subpoena unless they intend to use the audio in court in a criminal or civil trial. Third, they already record quite a bit in spite of their lies to the contrary. Fourth, a big reason for the investment in voice recognition is because it is cheaper to store the text of a conversation rather than the audio track of the conversation; and, it's much cheaper to do semantic analysis of text rather than of audio. Just like Amazon's Alexa being able to respond to voice commands, NSA computing listens for keywords to trigger close surveillance. It's very expensive, but certainly feasible. Why Rosenstein was being humorous is because many Congressmen and many online posters have no idea how technology works.
By Sivad
blackjack21 wrote:they already record quite a bit in spite of their lies to the contrary.

Are all telephone calls recorded and accessible to the US government?
Glenn Greenwald

a seemingly spontaneous admission this week by a former FBI counterterrorism agent provides a rather startling acknowledgment of just how vast and invasive these surveillance activities are.

On Wednesday night, Burnett interviewed Tim Clemente, a former FBI counterterrorism agent, about whether the FBI would be able to discover the contents of past telephone conversations between the two. He quite clearly insisted that they could:

BURNETT: Tim, is there any way, obviously, there is a voice mail they can try to get the phone companies to give that up at this point. It's not a voice mail. It's just a conversation. There's no way they actually can find out what happened, right, unless she tells them?

CLEMENTE: "No, there is a way. We certainly have ways in national security investigations to find out exactly what was said in that conversation. It's not necessarily something that the FBI is going to want to present in court, but it may help lead the investigation and/or lead to questioning of her. We certainly can find that out.

BURNETT: "So they can actually get that? People are saying, look, that is incredible.

CLEMENTE: "No, welcome to America. All of that stuff is being captured as we speak whether we know it or like it or not."

On Thursday night, Clemente again appeared on CNN, this time with host Carol Costello, and she asked him about those remarks. He reiterated what he said the night before but added expressly that "all digital communications in the past" are recorded and stored:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... fbi-boston
By maz
The Senate Intelligence Committee has officially declared that Russia did cyber or something on the 2016 elections to make Hillary Clinton lose.

I read most of the report and it's just a bunch of gobbledygook that boils down to:

1) Obama ordered intelligence officials from the CIA, NSA and the FBI to come up with evidence that the Russian government did something or another to the 2016 elections

2) Intelligence officials from the CIA, NSA and the FBI actually did find evidence that the Russians did something or another, and released this secret evidence to the Senate Intelligence Community. Then the intelligence community went back to Obama and was like "Is this report even legit?" And Obama was like, "yeah bro, don't worry, it's totally legit." The Committee will release further reports on the secret documents.

3) The Russians had a goal to make Hillary Clinton loose the election by saying mean and hurtful things about her

4) The Russians used their propaganda outlets RT and Sputnik to write mean things about Hillary Clinton

5) Random internet users along with bots on social media took RT and Sputnik's mean articles and spread them around various social media websites

In rebuke to Trump, key Senate panel endorses finding that Russia attacked 2016 election

The Senate Intelligence Committee, rejecting doubts conveyed by President Trump as recently as last week, has become the latest body to officially conclude that the Russian government conducted a wide-ranging campaign — including cyberattacks — to influence the 2016 presidential election.

An unclassified seven-page report, released by the committee Tuesday with full bipartisan support, was based on an extensive, year-and-a-half-long investigation into the U.S. intelligence community’s January 2017 assessment that the Kremlin carried out its campaign in part for the purpose of promoting Trump’s candidacy and discrediting Hillary Clinton.

The committee’s conclusion: The assessment, which had been ordered by President Obama, is a “sound intelligence product” that was prepared by analysts who “were under no politically motivated pressure to reach any conclusions” and was based on a “range of all-source reporting,” albeit much of it still classified.

The panel’s findings are hardly a surprise. All of those who have reviewed the January 2017 intelligence community assessment — including the most senior officials of the Trump administration — have endorsed the conclusions that the Russians hacked the Democratic National Committee and undertook a wide variety of other measures to interfere in the U.S. election.

The only outlier continues to be the president who, in a tweet written shortly after the announcement he will meet Russian President Vladimir Putin this month at a summit in Helsinki, once again cast doubt on the findings of his own government.

…. “Russia continues to say they had nothing to with meddling in our Election!” Trump tweeted on June 28.

Russia continues to say they had nothing to do with Meddling in our Election! Where is the DNC Server, and why didn’t Shady James Comey and the now disgraced FBI agents take and closely examine it? Why isn’t Hillary/Russia being looked at? So many questions, so much corruption!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 28, 2018

In his tweet, he went on to raise questions about the failure of the FBI under former Director James Comey (“Shady James Comey” he called him) to take possession of the DNC’s server and then asked: “Why isn’t Hillary/Russia being looked at? So many questions, so much corruption.”

Last edited by maz on 05 Jul 2018 03:30, edited 1 time in total.
By Hong Wu
Zagadka wrote:Any candidate facing Trump needs to corner the market in chant-worthy 4 word platitude sentences.

Like abolishing ICE or "no justice no sleep"?
By jimjam
Trump will throw one of his patented tantrums at the upcoming NATO meeting and do what he can to discredit and diminish the alliance. He will then proceed to Russia to collect his plaudits from Putin.

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]