Trump and Russiagate - Page 151 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By skinster
Stormsmith wrote:Let's wait for Mueller's findings

Or maybe not wait for whatever is said by a rightwinger appointed by George Bush 2 as FBI director, the same guy who lied to the world about invading and destroying Iraq. Serious question: Why would you trust this guy?
By skinster
You haven't answered why you would trust Mueller, a guy who lied about invading and destroying Iraq, a guy directing the fucking FBI. :lol:

Do that first and I'll be happy to answer you with what ought to be obvious by now.
By Beren
skinster wrote:You haven't answered why you would trust Mueller, a guy who lied about invading and destroying Iraq, a guy directing the fucking FBI. :lol:

Why would I trust him that much? Let's see what he's got and he still can be disproven. However, who'd be surprised if he could prove Trump is a liar and "THERE WAS NO COLLUSION!" is not an exception? :lol:

So what's your great ideology?
"Trump: "Well, again John, there has been no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians or Trump and Russians. No collusion. When I watch you interviewing all the people leaving their committees, I mean, the Democrats are all running for office, trying to say this that -- but bottom line, they all say there's no collusion. And there is no collusion.

"But again I'll speak to attorneys -- I can only say this, there was absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. Every committee -- I've been in office now for 11 months. For 11 months, they've had this phony cloud over this administration, over our government. And it has hurt our government. It does hurt our government. It's a Democrat hoax that was brought up as an excuse for losing an election that frankly the Democrats should have won because they have such a tremendous advantage in the electoral college.

"So it was brought up for that reason. But it has been determined that there is no collusion and by virtually everybody. So we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. I mean certainly we'll see what happens -- when they have no collusion and nobody's found any collusion at any level it seems unlikely that you'd even have an interview."

'The prezzie doth protest too much, methinks. :lol:
By jimjam
Stormsmith wrote:Let's wait for Mueller's findings

YIKES!!! What a crazy idea. What IS wrong with you. Russia obviously has no interest in subverting the West and America and, on the long long shot that they did, it would be out by now. EVERYBODY knows that :| .
MistyTiger wrote:Apparently you did not read any article about how a Georgia rep resigned after screaming the N-word, and he didn't resign because he wanted to... :)

https://www.businessinsider.com/jason-s ... ica-2018-7

Public figures have been forced to apologize or resign over racism, sexism, allegations and yes, even homophobia.

Haha! That's hilarious. Obviously, he wouldn't win again, and not because of his comments. Rather, Sacha Baron Cohen made a complete ass out of him. Glad to see one less idiot in public life.

MistyTiger wrote:Who are "most people"?

Likely voters. Of course, you can construct a poll and get any result you want. However, the idea that Trump colluded with Russia to win the election is absurd. Maybe you had some wise acres messing around, but that's not anything America doesn't do elsewhere.

MistyTiger wrote:He can't provide satisfactory evidence only fervent denials.

There is no satisfactory evidence for proving a negative. That's why this sort of stuff works on weak minds like yours. It's just not enough to impeach Trump.

MistyTiger wrote:Awww, he seems to have a man crush on Vladimir Putin.

We're not supposed to shame people for homosexuality anymore. So who cares? Maybe Trump has a gay man crush on Putin and he's going to leave his daughter for Putin. :roll:

MistyTiger wrote:Or it looks like she was afraid an investigator would find out about the bribe so she revealed the truth herself. Either way, she proves that Trump is despicable.

Despicable to who? Ultimately, he's not more despicable than the establishment and he will poll well as long as he keeps attacking them.

MistyTiger wrote:His duration of service doesn't matter. The fact that he got into Trump's circle of employees is enough to show that Trump trusted him at one time as a business associate.

Legally speaking it is meaningless. If it mattered to the electorate, Trump would already be heading for the exits. Nobody cares.

MistyTiger wrote:Trump should've had more background checks done on Manafort if he didn't want to be attached to a sketchy person, so the choice to work with Manafort bit Trump in the ass.

Manafort doesn't have a criminal record, and the FBI doesn't comment on criminal investigations unless it involves Paul Manafort or Hillary Clinton.

MistyTiger wrote:Workers are consumers too. Plus, raises in production costs or selling costs could lead to pay cuts or layoffs if factories can't keep profits up like before so workers will be feeling the strain.

We haven't seen much of that yet. Ford took a bit of a dump on higher material prices. You can get Ford stock for around $9. They pay a nice dividend too.

Hong Wu wrote:Someone donate some more money to this man ;)

Basically, there is no amount of censorship that can stop that stuff coming to the fore now. The establishment has to completely overhaul its game. It has lost credibility.

MistyTiger wrote:While Trump has repeatedly insisted there was “no collusion,” which John Brennan declared to be hogwash, and thinks “only questions that remain are whether the collusion that took place constituted criminally liable conspiracy, whether obstruction of justice occurred to cover up any collusion or conspiracy, and how many members of ‘Trump Incorporated’ attempted to defraud the government by laundering and concealing the movement of money into their pockets.”

John Brennan--who has no more security clearance--was the CIA chief when this ostensibly happened. There is no record of John Brennan doing anything to stop it. Although, Obama stood up to Putin and told him, "Knock it off!" Maybe Trump needs to tell Putin to "Knock it off!" too. That'll show 'em.

Beren wrote:Obama didn't leave the country bankrupt at least.

Just the most debt-ridden since WWII.
blackjack21 wrote:Likely voters. Of course, you can construct a poll and get any result you want. However, the idea that Trump colluded with Russia to win the election is absurd. Maybe you had some wise acres messing around, but that's not anything America doesn't do elsewhere.

According to at least one source, most people believe that Russia has dirt on Trump. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/24/majorit ... -poll.html

There is no satisfactory evidence for proving a negative. That's why this sort of stuff works on weak minds like yours. It's just not enough to impeach Trump.

If it can't be disproved, then it must be true according to scientific theory. If you want to call that weak minded, feel free to lump all the scientists in the weak mind category.

We're not supposed to shame people for homosexuality anymore. So who cares? Maybe Trump has a gay man crush on Putin and he's going to leave his daughter for Putin. :roll:

It's called scoffing the POTUS because the US is not supposed to be in bed with Russia or any country. It should just be about politics or business, not having the feels for any foreign leader. Trump also had a crush on PM May, but that may have fizzled a bit so I didn't say he was a homosexual.

Despicable to who? Ultimately, he's not more despicable than the establishment and he will poll well as long as he keeps attacking them.

Many Americans find him to be despicable. Have you seen how low his approval rating is? It's pretty pathetic. Right now his approval rating is 38%.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/tru ... eekly.aspx

Legally speaking it is meaningless. If it mattered to the electorate, Trump would already be heading for the exits. Nobody cares.

The electorate is mainly old congressional men with political agendas that don't necessarily reflect the needs and wants of the American people. The common people care. Have you not heard that they now call the WH lawn the Kremlin Annex? Or why are US athletes taking a knee, leaving the stadium while the national anthem is being played or showing their disapproval in some other way during the anthem? Like many Americans, they feel that the US is more divided than ever along racial and social class lines, among others.Or what about the many Americans who oppose Trump's support of the NRA especially in light of all the school shootings over the past several years? So far, Trump and Co have not done anything to address concerns about safety in schools and in other public areas. City governments are trying harder to assure citizens that they're doing what they can, but the federal government should be enacting and enforcing laws that protect the citizens, not siding with the NRA who doesn't want more guns laws that could keep America safer.

We haven't seen much of that yet. Ford took a bit of a dump on higher material prices. You can get Ford stock for around $9. They pay a nice dividend too.

It is still early yet. Wait till at least November to see how people are spending or not spending. Black Friday sales figures should give us a better picture of what's going wrong. Economists and financial analysts will have more to say by then. Maybe before November, we will see if any businesses have laid off workers to keep costs down because they have less international sales. And a lot of businesses have a high percentage of international revenue so they will be feeling the bite. But Trump's understanding of business is very little. All he knows is that Russia is loaded and can fund his golf courses and China supplies cheap labor.
MistyTiger wrote:According to at least one source, most people believe that Russia has dirt on Trump.

Gee! I wonder how they would get that idea??? :roll: Most major nation states have a foreign intelligence service. So they collect data on every politician, not just Trump.

MistyTiger wrote:If it can't be disproved, then it must be true according to scientific theory.

You are misunderstanding the requirement of falsifiability. If something cannot be falsified, it does not axiomatically make it true. If you want to understand that better, I would suggest going in to a room of atheists and pointing out that the existence of God cannot be disproven. They will spend plenty of time disabusing you of the assertion that God exists because his existence cannot be disproven.

MistyTiger wrote:It's called scoffing the POTUS because the US is not supposed to be in bed with Russia or any country.

What is that supposed to mean? We have alliances with lots of countries. Clearly, the UK had a hand in the phony Russia story and that isn't being investigated by Mueller at all.

MistyTiger wrote:It should just be about politics or business, not having the feels for any foreign leader.

Actually, the US constitution is silent on that. It does specifically prohibit emoluments and titles of nobility. I'm sure the Democrats would characterize sex as an emolument, however.

MistyTiger wrote:Trump also had a crush on PM May, but that may have fizzled a bit so I didn't say he was a homosexual.

Are you kidding? Trump is 72. She's 61. She's old enough to be his mom! :lol:

MistyTiger wrote:Have you seen how low his approval rating is? It's pretty pathetic.

What matters is likely voters. So it's much closer to 46-50. It also matters more about geography, because the US is a federated republic. I won't bother calling you ignorant for that, because it appears even Hillary Clinton didn't understand that.

MistyTiger wrote:Or why are US athletes taking a knee, leaving the stadium while the national anthem is being played or showing their disapproval in some other way during the anthem?

That started because Obama was trying to push his pet social issue to the fore through the NFL. That's why they are introducing male cheerleaders this year, just to piss conservatives off even more.

MistyTiger wrote:Like many Americans, they feel that the US is more divided than ever along racial and social class lines, among others.

Yeah. Sure. Multi-millionaire football players are concerned about this so they decide not to stand for the national anthem. Basically, the political left hates America as that idiot Andrew Cuomo just demonstrated last week. So they express their disdain for America at a public spectacle that wrapped itself in the American flag decades ago to make it "America's sport." Now they are paying financial price for their actions, which is good.

MistyTiger wrote:Or what about the many Americans who oppose Trump's support of the NRA especially in light of all the school shootings over the past several years?

What about them? There are many Americans who would love to take away our rights. Why don't they just move to Canada instead?

MistyTiger wrote:So far, Trump and Co have not done anything to address concerns about safety in schools and in other public areas. City governments are trying harder to assure citizens that they're doing what they can, but the federal government should be enacting and enforcing laws that protect the citizens, not siding with the NRA who doesn't want more guns laws that could keep America safer.

No. The Federal government should be doing nothing to ensure school safety. It's a local law enforcement matter that should be enforced by state and local taxes. The federal government should be involved at all.

MistyTiger wrote:Maybe before November, we will see if any businesses have laid off workers to keep costs down because they have less international sales.

Some may suffer from counter tariffs, but that's not a problem for most US businesses. The big problem has been non-tariff barriers, which is why Trump is fighting for US businesses. Dollar strength may have an effect on international sales as US made goods will be more expensive.

MistyTiger wrote:And a lot of businesses have a high percentage of international revenue so they will be feeling the bite.

Our revenue will be down a little bit, but only because the dollar is so strong and we have a lot of foreign revenue. It has nothing to do with tariffs on China.

MistyTiger wrote:But Trump's understanding of business is very little.

He has a degree in business from Wharton--one of the best business schools in the world. He's also the richest man to ever be president and has the most employees of any president. So these sorts of assertions are rather stupid.

MistyTiger wrote:All he knows is that Russia is loaded and can fund his golf courses and China supplies cheap labor.

Russia is not loaded. It's the largest country in the world with an economy like that of Italy during good times, or Mexico during bad times.
By jimjam
Perhaps the most amazing thing about this historical attack on American Democracy is that there are so many weak minded legislators and citizens out there who are so easily conned as to embrace Donald's lies and all so obvious program:

" No Collusion, No Obstruction. Witch Hunt!"

Goebbels was SO correct:
jimjam wrote:YIKES!!! What a crazy idea. What IS wrong with you. Russia obviously has no interest in subverting the West and America and, on the long long shot that they did, it would be out by now. EVERYBODY knows that :| .

:D It just strikes me as a smidge cavalier to call for an end to this investigation. There's too much at stake. If i'm wrong i'm wrong, it won't be the first time. But if i'm right and you don't investigate....what next? How will it look tomorrow? What's the plan?
By jimjam
Stormsmith wrote::D It just strikes me as a smidge cavalier to call for an end to this investigation. There's too much at stake. If i'm wrong i'm wrong, it won't be the first time. But if i'm right and you don't investigate....what next? How will it look tomorrow? What's the plan?

It seems naïve in the extreme to be spouting stuff like , "There's nothing there because, if there was, we would all know by now." Kinda like "It's not going to happen because it hasn't yet happened." :?: A meaningless non sequitur.

Personally, as I have said ad nauseum, I could care less what is proven or not proven. IMO Mueller has been a great success simply because he is constantly dredging up a seemingly endless succession of Trump associated rot and, best yet, he is annoying our Mental Case In Chief. I have always enjoyed annoying pompous assholes :) .
By Godstud
Jimjam wrote:Personally, as I have said ad nauseum, I could care less what is proven or not proven. IMO Mueller has been a great success simply because he is constantly dredging up a seemingly endless succession of Trump associated rot and, best yet, he is annoying our Mental Case In Chief. I have always enjoyed annoying pompous assholes :) .
If there was nothing to find, why would Trump be in a constant state of denial and constantly obstructing, instead of assisting? There's an old saying... 'Where there's smoke, there's fire.'. This applies, even if the Trumpsters would like to believe differently

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]