Trump and Russiagate - Page 177 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:And that's the problem with Trump cultists. They don't care if he lies. They know he does. :knife:

Trump lies more than regular politicians. https://www.politifact.com/personalitie ... ing/false/ That's simply a fact. This from the guy who you liked because he "tells it like it is"? He cannot tell it like it is, because he's lying all the time. He's telling it like it isn't.

Also, not surprisingly...
The Psychology Behind Donald Trump's Unwavering Support
1. The Dunning-Kruger Effect

2. Hypersensitivity to Threat

3. Terror Management Theory

4. High Attentional Engagement

Essentially, the loyalty of Trump supporters may in part be explained by America’s addiction with entertainment and reality TV. To some, it doesn’t matter what Trump actually says because he’s so amusing to watch. With Donald, you are always left wondering what outrageous thing he is going to say or do next. He keeps us on the edge of our seat, and for that reason, some Trump supporters will forgive anything he says. They are happy as long as they are kept entertained.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ng-support

Also:

You realize the above is only of value to anti Trumpers. Trump supporters know it isn’t true so it serves no purpose as some type of ‘educational’ tool. It’s only purpose is as propaganda to keep you convinced of your ‘righteousness’, “Trump supporters are insane. You are superior.” What good would it do to tell insane people they are insane? It’s intended to manipulate you with lies.
By Godstud
Trump supporters cannot differentiate between lies and facts. You don't know what's true, and what is not @One Degree.

@Rich There is sufficient evidence to prove that immigration is good for society, so I guess you're anti-Trump, after all.

Why Mass Migration Is Good for Long-Term Economic Growth
https://hbr.org/2017/04/why-mass-migrat ... mic-growth

How immigration has changed the world – for the better
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/01/ ... he-better/

7 WAYS IMMIGRANTS ENRICH OUR ECONOMY AND SOCIETY
https://www.unidosus.org/issues/immigra ... rces/facts

The Economic Case for Immigration
Want a strong economy and less crime? Then we should be welcoming immigrants with a lot more warmth than we presently do.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/economic ... or-society
Godstud wrote:Trump supporters cannot differentiate between lies and facts. You don't know what's true, and what is not @One Degree.

@Rich There is sufficient evidence to prove that immigration is good for society, so I guess you're anti-Trump, after all.

Why Mass Migration Is Good for Long-Term Economic Growth
https://hbr.org/2017/04/why-mass-migrat ... mic-growth

How immigration has changed the world – for the better
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/01/ ... he-better/

7 WAYS IMMIGRANTS ENRICH OUR ECONOMY AND SOCIETY
https://www.unidosus.org/issues/immigra ... rces/facts

The Economic Case for Immigration
Want a strong economy and less crime? Then we should be welcoming immigrants with a lot more warmth than we presently do.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/economic ... or-society

Of course they do. An ever expanding population is the fuel of capitalism. The problem is who does this economy help? It’s great if you are at the top. It means low wages and ever greater loss of buying power for the other 90%.
Immigration hurts workers. Decreased immigration must place upward pressure on wages.

Edit: @Godstud There is also the ‘minor’ problem it is totally unsustainable. It must collapse.
By Godstud
Immigration doesn't hurt workers. That's a false statement.

Does Immigration Create Jobs?
A series of studies shows that, contrary to much of the rhetoric on the topic, immigration can contribute to economic growth and expansion of the labor market. Yale SOM’s Mushfiq Mobarak talks to Yale Insights about what his research, and others’, shows about the effect of immigration.

A recent study found that about half of unicorns in the U.S. owe their existence to immigrants. In this case, by “unicorn,” we mean highly successful, fast-growing startups—not magical creatures. The study, conducted by the National Foundation for American Policy, determined that 44 out of 87 privately held companies valued at more than $1 billion had at least one immigrant founder. It further estimated that each of these immigrant-founded companies created 760 jobs.

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/ ... reate-jobs

Who Creates Jobs? Immigrants as Entrepreneurs
https://isps.yale.edu/news/blog/2016/11 ... repreneurs

Immigration's Long-Term Impacts on Overall Wages and Employment of Native-Born U.S. Workers Very Small, Although Low-Skilled Workers May Be Affected, New Report Finds; Impacts on Economic Growth Positive, While Effects on Government Budgets Mixed

When measured over a period of 10 years or more, the impact of immigration on the wages of native-born workers overall is very small. To the extent that negative impacts occur, they are most likely to be found for prior immigrants or native-born workers who have not completed high school—who are often the closest substitutes for immigrant workers with low skills.

There is little evidence that immigration significantly affects the overall employment levels of native-born workers. As with wage impacts, there is some evidence that recent immigrants reduce the employment rate of prior immigrants. In addition, recent research finds that immigration reduces the number of hours worked by native teens (but not their employment levels).

http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpin ... rdID=23550
Godstud wrote:Immigration doesn't hurt workers. That's a false statement.

Does Immigration Create Jobs?
A series of studies shows that, contrary to much of the rhetoric on the topic, immigration can contribute to economic growth and expansion of the labor market. Yale SOM’s Mushfiq Mobarak talks to Yale Insights about what his research, and others’, shows about the effect of immigration.

A recent study found that about half of unicorns in the U.S. owe their existence to immigrants. In this case, by “unicorn,” we mean highly successful, fast-growing startups—not magical creatures. The study, conducted by the National Foundation for American Policy, determined that 44 out of 87 privately held companies valued at more than $1 billion had at least one immigrant founder. It further estimated that each of these immigrant-founded companies created 760 jobs.

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/ ... reate-jobs

Who Creates Jobs? Immigrants as Entrepreneurs
https://isps.yale.edu/news/blog/2016/11 ... repreneurs

Immigration's Long-Term Impacts on Overall Wages and Employment of Native-Born U.S. Workers Very Small, Although Low-Skilled Workers May Be Affected, New Report Finds; Impacts on Economic Growth Positive, While Effects on Government Budgets Mixed

When measured over a period of 10 years or more, the impact of immigration on the wages of native-born workers overall is very small. To the extent that negative impacts occur, they are most likely to be found for prior immigrants or native-born workers who have not completed high school—who are often the closest substitutes for immigrant workers with low skills.

There is little evidence that immigration significantly affects the overall employment levels of native-born workers. As with wage impacts, there is some evidence that recent immigrants reduce the employment rate of prior immigrants. In addition, recent research finds that immigration reduces the number of hours worked by native teens (but not their employment levels).

http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpin ... rdID=23550

Yes, the liberal default, lol. “They don’t threaten American workers because we view them as permanent, ignorant wage slaves to do the jobs beneath us.” Amazingly they repeat this without an iota of understanding what they are saying. Lmao.
By Godstud
These studies are not "liberal". They are a collection of facts. You just don't like that the facts show that you're full of shit. :D
Fact: Uneducated immigrants only take jobs from the most unskilled labour pool.
Godstud wrote:These studies are not "liberal". They are a collection of facts. You just don't like that the facts show that you're full of shit. :D
Fact: Uneducated immigrants only take jobs from the most unskilled labour pool.

Do you expect them and their descendants to stay at that level? The argument is total bullshit unless it assumes they will be a permanent underclass. I don’t care what morons you are specifically referring to. I have pointed this out to others here and have seen Dim politicians promoting the same insanity.
Apparently, dims see them as permanent inferiors or they are morons to state such a thing.
By Godstud
Your "beliefs" conflict with the facts. Your opinion is grounded in falsehoods. I'll leave it at that.

I was not arguing the point from a political bent. Your comments about "Dims" and "liberals", are just deflections. Facts are facts, regardless of who reports them.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:You seem to be saying anything he hasn’t been able to accomplish already is a lie. That is stretching the definition of a lie to absurdity.

no
One Degree wrote:All that matters now is his policies.

I did that. I'll try again keeping it real simple.
What is his policy to help poor (non billionaire) people who have pre existing medical conditions get help?
What is his policy to make life saving drugs available to poor (non billionaire) people on medicare?
What is his policy to give tax cuts to poor (non billionaire) people?

I suppose building an absurd wall for thousands of miles so that he can hand out lucrative contracts to his billionaire friends should do wonders to lift up the poor folks in America.
Godstud wrote:Your "beliefs" conflict with the facts. Your opinion is grounded in falsehoods. I'll leave it at that.

I was not arguing the point from a political bent. Your comments about "Dims" and "liberals", are just deflections. Facts are facts, regardless of who reports them.

In other words you are simply closing your mind to my argument you can not refute because it contradicts your DNC ‘prepared responses’? It is amazing how few ‘hardcore Democrats’ never have a single argument that is not handed to them by the DNC propaganda machine.
Think about what I said. Maybe you are being lied to if you can’t counter my reasoning? Why do you fall back on meaningless babble like, “you are wrong, so there”?
Or, I could take your comment about not having a ‘political bent’ to mean you agree they should be a permanent underclass, but you don’t want Democrats blamed for supporting it? It’s just a ‘fact’?
By Godstud
@One Degree I have not been posting any DNC content, so your accusations of bias are baseless, and actually a bit childish.

You aren't making an argument. You are just repeating your talking points that have no reality base.
What is his policy to help poor (non billionaire) people who have pre existing medical conditions get help?

As far as I know they have not agreed on anything for public release. This is a basically a Democrat policy concern, not necessarily a Trump priority.
What is his policy to make life saving drugs available to poor (non billionaire) people on medicare?

Don’t know. Again this is mainly a Democrat policy concern.
What is his policy to give tax cuts to poor (non billionaire) people?

Who are the ‘poor’ you are referring to that did not already get them? Do you mean tax cuts for people not paying taxes? Again, mainly a Democrat concern.
In conclusion, you appear upset Trump is not promoting the liberal agenda as his priorities.

I suppose building an absurd wall for thousands of miles so that he can hand out lucrative contracts to his billionaire friends should do wonders to lift up the poor folks in America.

I would need evidence the purpose is to give contracts to his friends. Yes, reduced immigration will give the poor jobs.
Godstud wrote:@One Degree I have not been posting any DNC content, so your accusations of bias are baseless, and actually a bit childish.

You aren't making an argument. You are just repeating your talking points that have no reality base.

No, I simply pointed out the hypocrisy and absurdity of the argument you highlighted as being definitive. You have offered no counter to my comment. Until you do so, it is obvious you can not.
By Godstud
The facts are not being collected by any particular political organization. You dismiss facts simply because they don't support your idiotic premise.
Godstud wrote:The facts are not being collected by any particular political organization. You dismiss facts simply because they don't support your idiotic premise.

What facts? The one where you support a need for a permanent underclass as a reason for immigration? I accept the fact you do.
By Godstud
They have done studies, but I don't expect you to acknowledge anything that doesn't confirm your vast bias on the issue. The studies did not indicate anything of the sort, so more baseless nonsense.
By jimjam
William J. Burns, who served as deputy secretary of state in the Obama administration, said Mr. Trump was dismissive of traditional diplomacy and appeared distracted at G-20 by the investigation of the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.

“The net result is not just a missed opportunity,” Mr. Burns said, “but the acceleration of international disorder and the long-term weakening of American influence.”

The Kremlin, which learned about the cancellation of the Trump/Putin meeting via Twitter (a brilliant diplomatic move :lol: ), like the rest of the world, has been tweaking Mr. Trump in response. A Russian official told reporters that the real reason Mr. Trump canceled was the revelation that he had been trying to build a tower in Moscow much later into his presidential campaign than previously acknowledged.
By Hindsite
Godstud and jimjim think facts are anything the left puts out in their Fake and misleading news as political propaganda against President Trump.
Anything the MSM say that puts President Trump in a bad light politically is fact to them, even though it is false and just political propaganda in an attempt to defeat Trump in 2020.
That is the facts in a nutshell.
One Degree wrote:Of course they do. An ever expanding population is the fuel of capitalism. The problem is who does this economy help? It’s great if you are at the top. It means low wages and ever greater loss of buying power for the other 90%.
Immigration hurts workers. Decreased immigration must place upward pressure on wages.

Or unionise Walmart

@jimjam

RE "I suppose building an absurd wall for thousands of miles so that he can hand out lucrative contracts to his billionaire friends should do wonders to lift up the poor folks in America."

Oh, that's what Putin does, then gets a kick-back.
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:Or unionise Walmart

Do you really believe Walmart hires illegal immigrants?
You're just joking, right?

I did not say anything about a gene. I said “hapl[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . I find […]

Btw, there is racism going on, but if you want to[…]