Trump and Russiagate - Page 250 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
Finfinder wrote:Apparently the people who started this fake Russian hoax are now the subjects of a criminal investigation. You would think that is news.

The liberal propaganda news media are only interested in this fake impeachment nonsense and fake news.
By jimjam
Mr. Bannon assumed charge of the Trump campaign in mid-August, after Paul Manafort was forced to resign amid a financial scandal that eventually ended in a seven-and-a-half-year prison term. Mr. Stone is the sixth Trump associate to face criminal charges as a result of Mr. Mueller’s investigation. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years.

The day after Mr. Bannon took over the campaign, he received an email from Mr. Stone. “Trump can still win — but time is running out,” he wrote. “I do know how to win this but it ain’t pretty.”

For weeks beforehand, Mr. Bannon said, Mr. Stone had implied that he had a relationship with WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange that could benefit Mr. Trump.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Mr. Bannon assumed charge of the Trump campaign in mid-August, after Paul Manafort was forced to resign amid a financial scandal that eventually ended in a seven-and-a-half-year prison term. Mr. Stone is the sixth Trump associate to face criminal charges as a result of Mr. Mueller’s investigation. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years.

The day after Mr. Bannon took over the campaign, he received an email from Mr. Stone. “Trump can still win — but time is running out,” he wrote. “I do know how to win this but it ain’t pretty.”

For weeks beforehand, Mr. Bannon said, Mr. Stone had implied that he had a relationship with WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange that could benefit Mr. Trump.

The information released by WikiLeaks was the truth. However, it made the Dems look bad, especially in the Hillary Clinton camp.
By jimjam
Roger Stone first told one of Donald Trump’s top aides in April 2016 that WikiLeaks had plans to dump information in the heat of the presidential race, kickstarting a scramble inside the campaign to take advantage of the expected releases.

And that plotting included at least one summertime call involving Trump himself, according to Rick Gates, the former Trump deputy campaign chairman, who was testifying Tuesday morning at Stone’s trial over lying to Congress about his efforts to contact WikiLeaks.

Story Continued Below
The revelation means the Trump campaign was aware of WikiLeaks' election-year plans earlier than previously understood. And it also shows that the president was involved in conversations about the issue, something he has previously denied.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Roger Stone first told one of Donald Trump’s top aides in April 2016 that WikiLeaks had plans to dump information in the heat of the presidential race, kickstarting a scramble inside the campaign to take advantage of the expected releases.

And that plotting included at least one summertime call involving Trump himself, according to Rick Gates, the former Trump deputy campaign chairman, who was testifying Tuesday morning at Stone’s trial over lying to Congress about his efforts to contact WikiLeaks.

Story Continued Below
The revelation means the Trump campaign was aware of WikiLeaks' election-year plans earlier than previously understood. And it also shows that the president was involved in conversations about the issue, something he has previously denied.

With respect to President Trump, the Mueller report showed there was no there, there.
HalleluYah
By jimjam
The United States intelligence community has concluded that Russia interfered to help Mr. Trump.
By jimjam
Roger Stone - guilty!
Paul Manafort - guilty!
Michael Cohen - guilty!
Michael Flynn - guilty!
Rick Gates - guilty!
George Papadopoulos - guilty!
Donald Trump - innocent bystander? I don't think so.

Roger Stone, “a 40-year friend of Donald Trump.”

Donald Trump’s predictable reaction to the guilty verdict: “Hey, I hardly know the guy!” :lol:
jimjam wrote:Roger Stone - guilty!
Paul Manafort - guilty!
Michael Cohen - guilty!
Michael Flynn - guilty!
Rick Gates - guilty!

Guilt by association does not approach even a basic legal standard and is also a logical fallacy.

Roger Stone, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos didn't have that coming to them at all. Manafort and Gates were dirty, but it had nothing to do with Trump. Michael Cohen broke the law and as an attorney should have known better. I think it's very unsporting to roll people like Flynn, Papadopoulos or Stone. It's not winning, and it's not even winning ugly. It's just cruel and unnecessary.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Roger Stone - guilty!
Paul Manafort - guilty!
Michael Cohen - guilty!
Michael Flynn - guilty!
Rick Gates - guilty!

Roger Stone, “a 40-year friend of Donald Trump.”

Donald Trump’s predictable reaction to the guilty verdict: “Hey, I hardly know the guy!” :lol:

President Trump came to his longtime adviser’s defense on Twitter Friday, using the opportunity to bring up grievances against his various political adversaries.

“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come,” the president wrote. “Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie? A double standard like never seen before in the history of our Country?”

HalleluYah
By jimjam
Impeachment investigators are exploring whether President Trump lied in his written answers to Robert S. Mueller III during the Russia investigation, a lawyer for the House told a federal appeals court on Monday, raising the prospect of bringing an additional basis for a Senate trial over whether to remove Mr. Trump.

On Monday, Douglas Letter, the general counsel for the House told a federal appeals court panel that impeachment investigators have an “immense” need to swiftly see the grand jury evidence — redacted portions of the Mueller report, as well as the underlying testimony transcripts they came from. “Was the president not truthful in his responses to the Mueller investigation?” Mr. Letter said, adding: “I believe the special counsel said the president had been untruthful in some of his answers.”

Mr. Letter on Monday appeared to be referring in particular to the question of whether Mr. Trump lied about his campaign's advance knowledge of and contacts with WikiLeaks about its possession of hacked Democratic emails and plans to publish them.

Mr. Trump wrote that he was “not aware during the campaign of any communications” between “any one I understood to be a representative of WikiLeaks” and people associated with his campaign. “I do not recall discussing WikiLeaks with him,” Mr. Trump also wrote of Mr. Stone. “nor do I recall being aware of Mr. Stone having discussed WikiLeaks with individuals associated with my campaign.”

Donald is "not aware" and "nor do I recall being aware"...………….. finally some true words from Don The Con ………………………………. :lol:
jimjam wrote:Impeachment investigators are exploring whether President Trump lied in his written answers to Robert S. Mueller III during the Russia investigation, a lawyer for the House told a federal appeals court on Monday, raising the prospect of bringing an additional basis for a Senate trial over whether to remove Mr. Trump.

That's because there is nothing to the Ukraine story. They've already given up on it, because there was no criminal offense from the outset. So now they are back to trying to dig up something else.

jimjam wrote:Mr. Letter on Monday appeared to be referring in particular to the question of whether Mr. Trump lied about his campaign's advance knowledge of and contacts with WikiLeaks about its possession of hacked Democratic emails and plans to publish them.

The original Russia story was about whether Trump had financed a hacking of the DNC email server, which the DNC already knew was false because they killed Seth Rich for doing it because Rich was a Bernie Sanders guy. Whether someone had advanced knowledge is essentially immaterial. Trump would have had to have had first hand knowledge, there is no easy way to prove that, and it's not an impeachable offense even if he did lie about it.

jimjam wrote:Donald is "not aware" and "nor do I recall being aware"...………….. finally some true words from Don The Con ………………………………. :lol:

Even you know it's bullshit.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:there is nothing to the Ukraine story. They've already given up on it

I noticed :roll: :lol:

By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Does he give you a jolly good feeling? :lol:

Yup! :lol:
By late
Finfinder wrote:[usermention=13268]

@jimjam[/usermention] you are going to have to change that mug shot to Andrew McCabe

"A federal judge excoriated Justice Department officials Thursday for their handling of potential criminal charges against former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, saying the continued uncertainty over the prosecution was unfair to McCabe and the public.

“This is not a hard case,” U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton said. “I was a good prosecutor for a long time. Deciding whether or not you’re going to charge someone with false statements or perjury is not that hard, factually or legally — maybe politically, but not factually or legally.”

That ain't what the judge said.

But then you are addicted to lies, aren't you..

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/14/andrew-mccabe-prosecution-uncertainty-071028
By Finfinder
late wrote:"A federal judge excoriated Justice Department officials Thursday for their handling of potential criminal charges against former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, saying the continued uncertainty over the prosecution was unfair to McCabe and the public.

“This is not a hard case,” U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton said. “I was a good prosecutor for a long time. Deciding whether or not you’re going to charge someone with false statements or perjury is not that hard, factually or legally — maybe politically, but not factually or legally.”

That ain't what the judge said.

But then you are addicted to lies, aren't you..

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/14/andrew-mccabe-prosecution-uncertainty-071028

I'm addicted to lies ? You got that from my post ? This thread is Russiagate and we had a two year very partisan investigation that couldn't frame Trump never mind provide 1 single fact to support the claims. People are going to get indicted because of it. I'm a liar? Prove it. Its getting boring making mince meat out of your schizophrenic posts.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
I'm a liar? Prove it.

I just did.

You said mugshot, the judge didn't.

"Deciding whether or not you’re going to charge someone with false statements or perjury is not that hard..."

This was using the system of justice for political purposes. The only intent was to leave McCabe twisting in the wind. Which they did until the judge told them to stop.

The weird thing is that this is what you do now, it's all you do.
By jimjam
Finfinder wrote:@jimjam you are going to have to change that mug shot to Andrew McCabe

Quite frankly I do not even know who McCabe is. I spend way more time on this stupid shit masquerading as the US government as it is. I'm more interested in infrastructure and medical reform beyond the usual 2 bit Republican dumb shit response that Republicans are always right and Democrats are always wrong or …. the opposite shit on the part of Democrats. Donald is an asshole who does not understand the concept, nor will he ever understand it, of co equal branches of government. He is simply reaping what he has sowed. A simple concept ….. I think it is even biblical.

I'm in Cape C. In old age life turns into an endless string of medical events as one "condition" gives way to the next. You are still young but, be forewarned. Once we get a break, I hope we can get together on your dock. I don't eat steaks due to chewing issues but i'll bring the burgers and ……….. ?.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]