Trump and Russiagate - Page 235 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
He confessed. You're ignoring that for some preconceived notion that he's some right-wing hero. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:He confessed. You're ignoring that for some preconceived notion that he's some right-wing hero. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He confessed on a plea deal to avoid the death penalty on the advise of his lawyer. After all, he was not being tried by a jury of his peers.
By Godstud
Jury Recommends Life in Prison for James Fields in Fatal Charlottesville Attack
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/j ... tence.html

James Fields trial: Jury recommends life plus 419 years in prison
https://www.foxnews.com/us/james-fields ... -in-prison

James Fields: jury recommends life sentence for Charlottesville murder
Jury decided day after hearing statements from mother of Heather Heyer, who was killed when Fields drove into a crowd
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Jury Recommends Life in Prison for James Fields in Fatal Charlottesville Attack
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/j ... tence.html

James Fields trial: Jury recommends life plus 419 years in prison
https://www.foxnews.com/us/james-fields ... -in-prison

James Fields: jury recommends life sentence for Charlottesville murder
Jury decided day after hearing statements from mother of Heather Heyer, who was killed when Fields drove into a crowd

I don't believe those were juries of his peers.
By Godstud
Your belief is irrelevant. The fact is that they were.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:I don't believe those were juries of his peers.

His preferred jury :lol: :

Hindsite wrote:Thailand's government is closer to fascism than any government in America.

I find @Godstud's supposed fear of fascism a bit insincere. He seemed to do just fine living under a military government.

Godstud wrote::lol: Nope, it's about the same as the USA: A questionable democracy.

America is not a democracy. It's a federated democratic republic.

Hindsite wrote:It appears that Thailand is going back to their authoritarian and fascist past.

The thing is: this doesn't appear to bother @Godstud at all. That's why I think people pushing the leftist political narrative in the US are mostly full of shit.

Godstud wrote:Liberalism and progressiveness is about freedom, too.

Progressives have deep ties to Eugenics, segregation, etc.

Godstud wrote:If you're not a fascist, then why defend a murderous Nazi(James Fields) so vociferously?

Giving people unfair trials for political reasons isn't liberal.

Godstud wrote:If I were to say, "OJ is innocent." I would be supporting him.

No. You would just be declaring your belief. If you believed he was guilty, but you were saying "OJ is innocent," that would be disingenuous. There is nothing wrong with believing OJ was innocent. Lots of black people thought so, and he was acquitted for killing Nicole Brown Simpson.

Godstud wrote:You're ignoring that for some preconceived notion that he's some right-wing hero. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have only heard left wingers claiming that James Fields is a right wing hero. I have never heard anyone with right wing bona fides say, "James Fields is my hero." The dude was just a confused mentally ill kid who was triggered by the events in Charlottesville, VA. He was sort of a sad, pathetic character. He's not the kind of person anyone would look to as a hero figure.

Godstud wrote:Your belief is irrelevant. The fact is that they were.

The fact is that most people don't know or care about James Fields. The effort to try to utilize Heather Heyer's death to effect political change failed spectacularly.
By Godstud
Again, just a bunch of irrelevant Ad hominems and feelings from @blackjack21. :lol:

America's a democracy. Pretending otherwise is false. Thailand is also a democracy.

blackjack21 wrote:Progressives have deep ties to Eugenics, segregation, etc.
No. That's right-wingers like you, that have those ties. Nice try, anyways.

blackjack21 wrote:Giving people unfair trials for political reasons isn't liberal.
Fields got a fair trial. You are just too much of Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation to accept it as such.
Godstud wrote:Again, just a bunch of irrelevant Ad hominems and feelings from @blackjack21.

Nothing I have said could be described as "feelings." You could construe my opinion that you are not particularly concerned about fascism as an ad hominem; however, it is you who chose to live in a country with a military government.

Godstud wrote:America's a democracy. Pretending otherwise is false.

America is a federated republic. Hillary Clinton got more of the popular vote than Donald Trump, but Donald Trump is president. Pretending otherwise is false.

Godstud wrote:Thailand is also a democracy.

Thailand is a country with frequent periods of military rule--the most recent period of which you lived under by choice when you could have moved back to Canada, but you didn't because it really didn't concern you.

Godstud wrote:No. That's right-wingers like you, that have those ties. Nice try, anyways.

The Eugenics movement was started by progressives, not right wingers. Woodrow Wilson was a Democrat and a progressive. He was not a conservative. Teddy Roosevelt was also a progressive.

Progressive Era
Many progressives supported prohibition of alcoholic beverages, ostensibly to destroy the political power of local bosses based in saloons, but others out of a religious motivation.[2] At the same time, women's suffrage was promoted to bring a "purer" female vote into the arena.[3] A third theme was building an Efficiency Movement in every sector that could identify old ways that needed modernizing, and bring to bear scientific, medical and engineering solutions; a key part of the efficiency movement was scientific management, or "Taylorism".

I bet you didn't know that the Ku Klux Klan was in favor of women voting, did you? I studied business, so I had to learn scientific management just like any other business graduate.

The national political leaders included Republicans Theodore Roosevelt, Robert M. La Follette Sr., and Charles Evans Hughes and Democrats William Jennings Bryan, Woodrow Wilson and Al Smith. Leaders of the movement also existed far from presidential politics: Jane Addams, Grace Abbott, Edith Abbott and Sophonisba Breckinridge were among the most influential non-governmental Progressive Era reformers.

Not a lot of hard core right wingers in there.

Some Progressives strongly supported scientific methods as applied to economics, government, industry, finance, medicine, schooling, theology, education, and even the family.

Eugenics, planned parenthood, etc.

Significant changes enacted at the national levels included the imposition of an income tax with the Sixteenth Amendment, direct election of Senators with the Seventeenth Amendment, Prohibition with the Eighteenth Amendment, election reforms to stop corruption and fraud, and women's suffrage through the Nineteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.[14]

The progressives hated the Republic, limited taxation, etc.

Although there were some achievements that improved conditions for African Americans and other non-white minorities, the Progressive Era was the nadir of American race relations. While white Progressives in principle believed in improving conditions for minority groups, there were wide differences in how this was to be achieved. Some, such as Lillian Wald, fought to alleviate the plight of poor African Americans. Many, though, were concerned with enforcing, not eradicating, racial segregation. In particular, the mixing of black and white pleasure-seekers in "black-and-tan" clubs troubled Progressive reformers.[76] The Progressive ideology espoused by many of the era attempted to correct societal problems created by racial integration following the Civil War by segregating the races and allowing each group to achieve its own potential. That is to say that most Progressives saw racial integration as a problem to be solved, rather than a goal to be achieved.[77][78][79] As white progressives sought to help the white working-class, clean-up politics, and improve the cities, the country instated the system of racial segregation known as Jim Crow.[80]

That is an historical fact. Progressives were not known as right wingers.

Some Progressives sponsored eugenics as a solution to excessively large or underperforming families, hoping that birth control would enable parents to focus their resources on fewer, better children.

It seems Wikipedia doesn't want to elaborate, but you can follow the bibliography for additional information.

What historians have identified as "business progressivism", with its emphasis on efficiency and typified by Henry Ford and Herbert Hoover[150] reached an apogee in the 1920s. Wik, for example, argues that Ford's "views on technology and the mechanization of rural America were generally enlightened, progressive, and often far ahead of his times."[151]

He he. Henry Ford was an anti-semite, and Hitler was a big fan. Hitler used to fly in a Ford Trimotor aircraft.

Eugenics
The eugenics movement became associated with Nazi Germany and the Holocaust when many of the defendants at the Nuremberg trials attempted to justify their human rights abuses by claiming there was little difference between the Nazi eugenics programs and the U.S. eugenics programs.[9] In the decades following World War II, with the institution of human rights, many countries gradually began to abandon eugenics policies, although some Western countries, the United States, Canada, and Sweden among them, continued to carry out forced sterilizations.

Gulp... even Canada continued with forced sterilizations after the Nazis. America, at the time, was largely governed by a Democratic party in Congress--a House majority that lasted over 40 years until Newt Gingrich finally led a Republican majority to power for the first time in a generation.

Eugenic policies were first implemented in the early 1900s in the United States.[26]

That is...during the Progressive Era.

Is this what you mean @Godstud?

Among institutions, the Catholic Church was an opponent of state-enforced sterilizations.[45] Attempts by the Eugenics Education Society to persuade the British government to legalize voluntary sterilization were opposed by Catholics and by the Labour Party.[46] The American Eugenics Society initially gained some Catholic supporters, but Catholic support declined following the 1930 papal encyclical Casti connubii.[24] In this, Pope Pius XI explicitly condemned sterilization laws: "Public magistrates have no direct power over the bodies of their subjects; therefore, where no crime has taken place and there is no cause present for grave punishment, they can never directly harm, or tamper with the integrity of the body, either for the reasons of eugenics or for any other reason."[47]

Catholics! Right wingers! Catholics! Right wingers! It was primarily religious people who opposed the Eugenics of the Progressive Era.

The scientific reputation of eugenics started to decline in the 1930s, a time when Ernst Rüdin used eugenics as a justification for the racial policies of Nazi Germany. Adolf Hitler had praised and incorporated eugenic ideas in Mein Kampf in 1925 and emulated eugenic legislation for the sterilization of "defectives" that had been pioneered in the United States once he took power.[50]

Hitler was modelling Progressivism.

China maintained its one-child policy until 2015 as well as a suite of other eugenics based legislation to reduce population size and manage fertility rates of different populations.

Oh, those right wing communists... :roll:

Godstud wrote:Fields got a fair trial. You are just too much of a Nazi-lover to accept it as such.

Fields was mentally ill. He should not have been free and unsupervised in the first place. We simply need to move back to a time when society--led by progressives--committed mental defectives to mental institutions. Their overweening sense of guilt for the Holocaust has led to today's homeless crisis, consisting primarily of the mentally ill and alcohol and drug addicted. Prison and non-hygienic homelessness are not better alternatives.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Nothing I have said could be described as "feelings." You could construe my opinion that you are not particularly concerned about fascism as an ad hominem; however, it is you who chose to live in a country with a military government.

America is a federated republic. Hillary Clinton got more of the popular vote than Donald Trump, but Donald Trump is president. Pretending otherwise is false.

Thailand is a country with frequent periods of military rule--the most recent period of which you lived under by choice when you could have moved back to Canada, but you didn't because it really didn't concern you.

The Eugenics movement was started by progressives, not right wingers. Woodrow Wilson was a Democrat and a progressive. He was not a conservative. Teddy Roosevelt was also a progressive.

Progressive Era

I bet you didn't know that the Ku Klux Klan was in favor of women voting, did you? I studied business, so I had to learn scientific management just like any other business graduate.

Not a lot of hard core right wingers in there.

Eugenics, planned parenthood, etc.

The progressives hated the Republic, limited taxation, etc.

That is an historical fact. Progressives were not known as right wingers.

It seems Wikipedia doesn't want to elaborate, but you can follow the bibliography for additional information.

He he. Henry Ford was an anti-semite, and Hitler was a big fan. Hitler used to fly in a Ford Trimotor aircraft.

Eugenics

Gulp... even Canada continued with forced sterilizations after the Nazis. America, at the time, was largely governed by a Democratic party in Congress--a House majority that lasted over 40 years until Newt Gingrich finally led a Republican majority to power for the first time in a generation.

That is...during the Progressive Era.

Is this what you mean @Godstud?

Catholics! Right wingers! Catholics! Right wingers! It was primarily religious people who opposed the Eugenics of the Progressive Era.

Hitler was modelling Progressivism.

Oh, those right wing communists... :roll:

Fields was mentally ill. He should not have been free and unsupervised in the first place. We simply need to move back to a time when society--led by progressives--committed mental defectives to mental institutions. Their overweening sense of guilt for the Holocaust has led to today's homeless crisis, consisting primarily of the mentally ill and alcohol and drug addicted. Prison and non-hygienic homelessness are not better alternatives.
blackjack21 wrote:I find @Godstud's supposed fear of fascism a bit insincere. He seemed to do just fine living under a military government.

America is not a democracy. It's a federated democratic republic.

The thing is: this doesn't appear to bother @Godstud at all. That's why I think people pushing the leftist political narrative in the US are mostly full of shit.

Progressives have deep ties to Eugenics, segregation, etc.

Giving people unfair trials for political reasons isn't liberal.

No. You would just be declaring your belief. If you believed he was guilty, but you were saying "OJ is innocent," that would be disingenuous. There is nothing wrong with believing OJ was innocent. Lots of black people thought so, and he was acquitted for killing Nicole Brown Simpson.

I have only heard left wingers claiming that James Fields is a right wing hero. I have never heard anyone with right wing bona fides say, "James Fields is my hero." The dude was just a confused mentally ill kid who was triggered by the events in Charlottesville, VA. He was sort of a sad, pathetic character. He's not the kind of person anyone would look to as a hero figure.

The fact is that most people don't know or care about James Fields. The effort to try to utilize Heather Heyer's death to effect political change failed spectacularly.

:hmm:
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote:He confessed. You're ignoring that for some preconceived notion that he's some right-wing hero.

Please provide links to all of the quotes from "right-wing" types that this guy is a "hero".

The only people who've claimed he's a hero to the right wing are non-thinkers from the left wing...
By Godstud
Blackjack21 wrote:Blah blah blah... you don't live in America, so you don't know! Where you live determines if your argument is valid! Blah blah blah
:lol:

Come back when you can make an argument is that isn't about me. :roll:

BigSteve wrote:Please provide links to all of the quotes from "right-wing" types that this guy is a "hero".
read the Charlottesville thread in pofo.
Godstud wrote:read the Charlottesville thread in pofo.

Nobody thought Fields was a hero in that thread, except the political left. They were just upset that nobody seemed surprised by the resulting violence of Charlottesville, VA. That's what the local government wanted anyway, so it seems lame for them to be whining about it. At any rate, the reason they can't quote anything from it is because mostly nobody really gave a shit while the left was having a meltdown.
Last edited by blackjack21 on 07 Jul 2019 01:02, edited 1 time in total.
By BigSteve
Blackjack, at the end of the day it's no big deal, but you mistakenly attributed Godstud's ignorant post to me.

If you could curtail that, I'd appreciate it!
BigSteve wrote:Blackjack, at the end of the day it's no big deal, but you mistakenly attributed Godstud's ignorant post to me.

If you could curtail that, I'd appreciate it!

Fixed. Here's the thread Godstud is talking about.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=170713

I haven't found anywhere in there where anybody suggests that James Fields was a hero. SpecialOlympian wrote a thread entitled "Right wing hero James Fields pleads guilty" or some such nonsense much later, so maybe that's where Godstud got the idea. I remember these guys being over-the-top about Heather Heyer's death, and they were just a-okay with Omar Mateen killing 49 homosexuals--no need to over-react. I just couldn't understand why this was such a big deal to them compared to Omar Mateen, et. al.
Godstud wrote::lol: Sure...

Go back to worshipping your moron of a President.

President Trump Said Revolutionary War Troops 'Took Over the Airports' in His Fourth of July Speech
https://time.com/5620936/donald-trump-r ... -airports/

It's laughable that the brain trust on the left is losing tis collective mind over this gaffe.

After all, When Barack Obama was running for President, he claimed to have visited 57 states during the campaign, even claiming that there was one state left to go: Barack Obama Visits 57 States

People misspeak. It happens...
By Godstud
There's a big difference between a simple numerical error(slip of the tongue) and thinking that they had airports in the 1700s. :lol: I expected you to defend his idiocy, however.

They probably defended the beaches at The Alamo, too, right? :lol:
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote:There's a big difference between a simple numerical error(slip of the tongue) and thinking that they had airports in the 1700s.

Your hypocrisy shines with the light of a thousand suns...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]