Trump and Russiagate - Page 181 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
This isn't directly Russiagate but it gives one more piece of insight into the criminal mentality of America's president who is in his mind above the law.

Donald Trump, contrary to his lifelong claim of being a self-made billionaire, received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father.

That fortune was greatly increased by dubious schemes — including instances of outright fraud — designed to dodge gift and estate taxes, the Times investigation found. Mr. Trump was a central player in the formulation of those strategies, which included grossly undervaluing his father’s apartment complexes in tax filings, interviews and records showed. He also received tens of millions of dollars in gifts from his father that were disguised as loans or business investments.

Mr. Trump and his brother Robert did not respond to requests for comment for this article. (How surprising :lol: .)
By Godstud
@jimjam Trump would be much richer than he is now if he had simply given his money to a Securities company and they had made his 8% interest, annually(a medium interest rate). He's not fantastic businessman by any stretch of the imagination.
By jimjam
Russia is only one of the dishes on the investigative smorgasbord. As New York prosecutors are examining spending by the Trump inauguration and donations by foreign nationals, specifically from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The New York attorney general has put Trump Foundation finances under the lens. Emoluments clause lawsuits against Trump are ongoing. The Trump Foundation faces legal scrutiny. Summer Zervos’ defamation suit against Trump is still alive, too.

Other targets of investigations on the Trump periphery include Maria Butina, the alleged Russian spy who trafficked in NRA and Republican circles in recent years and who pleaded guilty this week to charges of conspiracy against the United States. She promises to cooperate with prosecutors. Trump friend David Pecker, who controls the National Enquirer, secured a nonprosecution agreement with federal prosecutors in the Cohen case in exchange for admitting his company’s role in funneling “catch and kill” hush money to one of Trump’s paramours. According to news reports this week, Trump was in the room when Cohen and Pecker discussed how best to squelch stories about Trump’s philandering. Should Trump not win reelection, he might be prosecuted for violating campaign finance laws by authorizing the payoffs (Cohen has already pleaded guilty). Speaking on CNN, correspondent Brian Todd said Trump hasn’t helped himself by changing his hush money story from I didn’t know to It’s not my fault to It’s not illegal. Longtime Pecker observer Ann Louise Bardach predicted this week (I’m sensing a theme here) that investigators will find more damning Trump material in Enquirer vaults if they excavate.

Godstud wrote:He's not fantastic businessman by any stretch of the imagination

After that suitcase that follows Donald wherever he goes that gives him the power to blow up the world … this is what scares me most about the man. His business model consists of a flood of lies and cash ending in a swarm of lawyers and bankruptcy. Not a great model for world finances where bankruptcy is replaced by a financial recession/depression.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Russia is only one of the dishes on the investigative smorgasbord. As New York prosecutors are examining spending by the Trump inauguration and donations by foreign nationals, specifically from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The New York attorney general has put Trump Foundation finances under the lens. Emoluments clause lawsuits against Trump are ongoing. The Trump Foundation faces legal scrutiny. Summer Zervos’ defamation suit against Trump is still alive, too.

Other targets of investigations on the Trump periphery include Maria Butina, the alleged Russian spy who trafficked in NRA and Republican circles in recent years and who pleaded guilty this week to charges of conspiracy against the United States. She promises to cooperate with prosecutors. Trump friend David Pecker, who controls the National Enquirer, secured a nonprosecution agreement with federal prosecutors in the Cohen case in exchange for admitting his company’s role in funneling “catch and kill” hush money to one of Trump’s paramours. According to news reports this week, Trump was in the room when Cohen and Pecker discussed how best to squelch stories about Trump’s philandering. Should Trump not win reelection, he might be prosecuted for violating campaign finance laws by authorizing the payoffs (Cohen has already pleaded guilty). Speaking on CNN, correspondent Brian Todd said Trump hasn’t helped himself by changing his hush money story from I didn’t know to It’s not my fault to It’s not illegal. Longtime Pecker observer Ann Louise Bardach predicted this week (I’m sensing a theme here) that investigators will find more damning Trump material in Enquirer vaults if they excavate.

The prosecutors are going to have to be able to prove a crime to get at Trump. Experts disagree on whether this violates campaign finance law, even thought Cohan pleaded guilty to this and other crimes unrelated to Trump. Even if it does violate the campaign finance law, the prosecutors will have to prove Trump knew it was a violation of finance law, according to the law experts. Otherwise, it all falls on Cohan as the lawyer. And anyway, it would be a civil violation resulting in only a fine.
Godstud wrote:He's not fantastic businessman by any stretch of the imagination.

Yet, he's done better than you. So what does that make you?

jimjam wrote:This isn't directly Russiagate but it gives one more piece of insight into the criminal mentality of America's president who is in his mind above the law.

What it shows is that Trump likes a little pussy on the side and doesn't want his wife to find out. That may be criminal in your mind, but the Sexual Revolution decriminalized infidelity. So there is no crime here either.

jimjam wrote:That fortune was greatly increased by dubious schemes — including instances of outright fraud — designed to dodge gift and estate taxes, the Times investigation found.

The Times investigation? Seriously? :roll:

jimjam wrote:Russia is only one of the dishes on the investigative smorgasbord. As New York prosecutors are examining spending by the Trump inauguration and donations by foreign nationals, specifically from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The New York attorney general has put Trump Foundation finances under the lens. Emoluments clause lawsuits against Trump are ongoing. The Trump Foundation faces legal scrutiny. Summer Zervos’ defamation suit against Trump is still alive, too.

And don't forget Trump University... :roll: This stuff was all done specifically to harass Trump politically. There does not appear to by any merit to any of this stuff so far.

jimjam wrote:Trump friend David Pecker, who controls the National Enquirer, secured a nonprosecution agreement with federal prosecutors in the Cohen case in exchange for admitting his company’s role in funneling “catch and kill” hush money to one of Trump’s paramours.

That's also not a crime, but it was wise to seek a nonprosecution agreement with federal prosecutors. That is what Hillary Clinton and James Comey have or they would be in jail.

jimjam wrote:Should Trump not win reelection, he might be prosecuted for violating campaign finance laws by authorizing the payoffs (Cohen has already pleaded guilty).

Somebody might file a complaint, but it will ultimately be overturned by the courts. See John Edwards.

jimjam wrote:Longtime Pecker observer Ann Louise Bardach predicted this week (I’m sensing a theme here) that investigators will find more damning Trump material in Enquirer vaults if they excavate.

Politically damaging, not legally damaging.

Trump is awesome! MAGA! :rockon:
blackjack21 wrote:Yet, he's done better than you. So what does that make you?
:lol: :lol: I didn't start off with $400 million from my dad, and I am retired at age 44, so I am obviously doing better than most... including you.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:What it shows is that Trump likes a little pussy on the side and doesn't want his wife to find out. That may be criminal in your mind, but the Sexual Revolution decriminalized infidelity. So there is no crime here either.

My comment had nothing to do with the adventures of Donald's penis. My comment pertained to the pervasive atmosphere of knee jerk lies and cheating that prevails in the NYC area real estate market that Donald has brought to the national and world wide economic scene. Please try to do a better job of coordinating your stream of consciousness nonsense replies.

I didn't have time to read the rest of your Faux Fake News style hot air as I need to experience a bowel movement.

ps....you never did enlighten me as to where Donald's Nobel Peace Prize is that he had manufactured and then awarded to himself is at the moment. :lol: ……….. You are a bright guy. I have to wonder how you ever became so deeply conned by such an obvious liar/con artist/asshole. But then, the conned once conned tend to remain conned lest they be exposed as fools.
jimjam wrote:My comment had nothing to do with the adventures of Donald's penis. My comment pertained to the pervasive atmosphere of knee jerk lies and cheating that prevails in the NYC area real estate market that Donald has brought to the national and world wide economic scene. Please try to do a better job of coordinating your stream of consciousness nonsense replies.

I didn't have time to read the rest of your Faux Fake News style hot air as I need to experience a bowel movement.

ps....you never did enlighten me as to where Donald's Nobel Peace Prize is that he had manufactured and then awarded to himself is at the moment. :lol: ……….. You are a bright guy. I have to wonder how you ever became so deeply conned by such an obvious liar/con artist/asshole. But then, the conned once conned tend to remain conned lest they be exposed as fools.

Many of us proudly display ‘world’s greatest dad’ mugs, but it doesn’t mean we believe we are. I see the humor in him displaying it. I might do the same. Embracing other’s slights destroys their purpose. It’s fun and mentally healthy.
By jimjam
This is the first weekend in history where the President, his campaign, his transition team, his inauguration, his administration, his business, his charity and his family are ALL under investigation for committing DIFFERENT felonies.

Trump’s current lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, a former federal prosecutor, offered an extraordinary defense, telling the Daily Beast about the campaign finance violations: “Nobody got killed, nobody got robbed. This was not a big crime.” The cracks are starting to show. Here we have Donald's lawyer essentially admitting his guilt but, not to worry, it was a "little" crime.

The number of discrete federal prosecutor’s offices with investigations under way potentially targeting the president continues to grow, minimizing Trump’s ability to simply pull the plug on the Russia investigation by firing the special counsel.

In addition to Mueller and the southern district of New York, the US attorney’s office for the eastern district of New York appears to be involved in the investigation of the inaugural committee, and Butina is being prosecuted by the US attorney in Washington DC, while the eastern district of Virginia is prosecuting another Russian defendant.

Separately, the New York state attorney general is investigating the Trump Foundation and Trump Organization, and separate federal judges in Washington have allowed two cases to move forward alleging that Trump has violated the emoluments clause of the constitution by accepting illegal foreign gifts.

That’s not to mention potential new investigations being instigated by Democrats when they take hold of the House of Representatives in the new year.

The American government has been hijacked by a crime family …… the biggest heist in the history of the world.
jimjam wrote:the biggest heist in the history of the world.
Um, no. I think that distinction goes to the $475 billion USD Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP I), which was passed by Congress and signed by Bush Jr. in October of 2008. Why I consider it a heist is because the money was used to buy worthless "junk" assets, the legislation did not require anyone to pay any of it back, much of the money was used to hand out bonuses - thousands of which were over a million dollars each - to the very people most involved in creating the economic crisis. To date, the U.S. taxpayer recovered zero dollars of TARP I. Contrast that the TARP II, which required many to pay it back and actually produced an overall profit for the taxpayer.

But you might be able to find an even bigger heist than this somewhere in the world.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:Many of us proudly display ‘world’s greatest dad’ mugs, but it doesn’t mean we believe we are. I see the humor in him displaying it. I might do the same. Embracing other’s slights destroys their purpose. It’s fun and mentally healthy.

You should have applied for the job as Donald's latest Chief of Staff. I understand that the only job requirement is to agree enthusiastically with everything The Greatest President In History says and does and hold his over coat for him as he puts it on and takes it off.
Godstud wrote:I didn't start off with $400 million from my dad, and I am retired at age 44, so I am obviously doing better than most... including you.

Many of us could retire and choose not to. Warren Buffet is off making his next billion in his '90s, not hanging out in Thailand "retired." Trump didn't build Trump Tower with a gift from his dad. He started with a loan from his dad developing the old rail station yards. Trump himself is not "retired." By your own high estimation of yourself, you should be running Canada right now if you weren't "retired." Instead, it's being run by a hobbit-faced goof that likes to dress up in the ethnic garb of foreign nations.

jimjam wrote:My comment pertained to the pervasive atmosphere of knee jerk lies and cheating that prevails in the NYC area real estate market that Donald has brought to the national and world wide economic scene.

Well, it seems that you just need to provide the backstory for your generalized comments. Real estate transactions have to be in writing and they go through formal escrow. If there is fraud in the transactions, it should be reduced to writing so we can examine it. If you are talking about the effusive bullshit he exudes, that's not unlike most politicians. He's just more of a blow hard about it. To this day, "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan. period" is a lie that affects more people than Trump saying, "I'm the greatest..." this or that.

jimjam wrote:ps....you never did enlighten me as to where Donald's Nobel Peace Prize is that he had manufactured and then awarded to himself is at the moment.

I'm sure he doesn't treasure a gag gift to himself. The point of it was to mock the Nobel committee that has had terrorists, communist dictators, and the like as its recipients, including one to Barack Obama for doing exactly nothing. I can see you still think of the Nobel committee as some esteemed entity, when they are just garden variety leftists giving awards to garden variety leftists. Many of us saw the humor in his gag.

jimjam wrote:You are a bright guy. I have to wonder how you ever became so deeply conned by such an obvious liar/con artist/asshole. But then, the conned once conned tend to remain conned lest they be exposed as fools.

Clearly, I am anti-establishment. The more they attack Trump, the more they reveal themselves for who they are. They still think that trying to get people to reject Trump implies people accepting them. They may have been able to fool Macron supporters for awhile, but sooner or later people simply reject the establishment the same way the religious reject Satan. The establishment is bad, and need to be held out of power. By whom? It doesn't really matter too much right now.

jimjam wrote:This is the first weekend in history where the President, his campaign, his transition team, his inauguration, his administration, his business, his charity and his family are ALL under investigation for committing DIFFERENT felonies.

The American government has been hijacked by a crime family …… the biggest heist in the history of the world.

It's been hijacked by a self-important, unelected deep state this is simply out of control. As we've said all along, there was nothing to the Russia story. The entire thing was manufactured. This is why we have a Fourth Amendment. There is no probable cause for any of these investigations. It is pure Stalinism--you show me the man, and I will show you the crime.

Happy as ever that Trump won. I hope the man grows a pair and starts dealing some blows to the deep state. Playing defense is a losing plan with these people.
By jimjam
I guess I have extra time on my hands today. This exchange is kinda indicative of the thinking of the folks who fall for Don The Con.

jimjam sez:

"Donald Trump, contrary to his lifelong claim of being a self-made billionaire, received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father.

That fortune was greatly increased by dubious schemes — including instances of outright fraud — designed to dodge gift and estate taxes, the Times investigation found. Mr. Trump was a central player in the formulation of those strategies, which included grossly undervaluing his father’s apartment complexes in tax filings, interviews and records showed. He also received tens of millions of dollars in gifts from his father that were disguised as loans or business investments."

BJ21 responds"
"What it shows is that Trump likes a little pussy on the side and doesn't want his wife to find out. That may be criminal in your mind, but the Sexual Revolution decriminalized infidelity. So there is no crime here either. "

jimjam responds:
My comment had nothing to do with the adventures of Donald's penis. My comment pertained to the pervasive atmosphere of knee jerk lies and cheating that prevails in the NYC area real estate market that Donald has brought to the national and world wide economic scene. Please try to do a better job of coordinating your stream of consciousness nonsense replies.

BJ21 responds:
Well, it seems that you just need to provide the backstory for your generalized comments. Real estate transactions have to be in writing and they go through formal escrow. If there is fraud in the transactions, it should be reduced to writing so we can examine it.

jimjam responds:
How the fuck does my "generalized comment" on real estate tax fraud result in your comment on Donald's penis history?

and

how does my comment of Donald's family business' history of tax evasion schemes result in your comment on a real estate transaction going thru escrow?

seriously #21, try getting more sleep at night.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:jimjam sez:

"Donald Trump, contrary to his lifelong claim of being a self-made billionaire, received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father.

You must be thinking of the inheritance from after the father died. Blackjack21 is referring to the loan of one million from his father to begin his own real estate business.
By redcarpet
Same excuses for Nixon in the Watergate coverup after the break in. Do these sound familiar?

In May 2017, as the firing of FBI director James Comey by President Donald Trump precipitated a wave of scandals ultimately resulting in the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate the Trump campaign and its associates, comparisons between Trump and Nixon became a trending topic online.

One item shared in this context was a 1973 column by syndicated Washington Post humorist Art Buchwald — a list of canned responses to criticisms of President Nixon. Some online have questioned its authenticity due to its apparent relevance to today’s political climate. Buchwald introduced that column with this explanation:

These are difficult times for people who are defending the Nixon administration. […] As a public service I am printing instant responses for loyal Nixonites when they are attacked at a party. Please cut it out and carry it in your pocket.
Buchwald’s suggestions included:

3 – A President can’t keep track of EVERYTHING his staff does.
4 – The press is blowing this whole thing up.
5 – Whatever Nixon did was for national security.
10 – If you impeach Nixon, you get [Vice President Spiro] Agnew.
14 – People would be against Nixon no matter what he did.
28 – I’m sick and tired of hearing about Watergate and so is everyone else.

The article is authentic and, as a syndicated column, can be found in the archives of myriad newspapers. It first appeared in print on 12 July 1973.
By Godstud
Blackjack21 wrote:By your own high estimation of yourself, you should be running Canada right now if you weren't "retired."
It's so fun to come here and read about how much you love me. I don't know why my financial status has to be compared to Trump's but I know, without question, that I could have done a lot more with that much money, and not be considered a right pompous twat.

If you can't double your money inside of 7 years, you're doing something wrong. Let's see Trump had 40 years and doesn't have about $15 billion? Only $3 billionish? Wow... he's pretty crappy at his business.

Now, no more talking about me. it's flattering, but really, it's coming across as a bit needy. :D
jimjam wrote:how does my comment of Donald's family business' history of tax evasion schemes result in your comment on a real estate transaction going thru escrow?

seriously #21, try getting more sleep at night.

Your comment is an opinion of a reporter at the New York Times with the blessings of its editorial staff. It is not the opinion of the IRS of the Department of Justice. Donald Trump has been audited every year for over a decade now. The authorities have not come to the same conclusion as the New York Times, and the statute of limitations has already run on this stuff. This stuff is getting propagated by the press today--owned by establishment figures--for purely political purposes, not legal purposes. It's too obvious by half now.

redcarpet wrote:Same excuses for Nixon in the Watergate coverup after the break in. Do these sound familiar?

Nixon did try to help his friends who were guilty of breaking the law. Trump has not. So the theory around Nixon was that, in spirit, Nixon obstructed justice (instead of pardoning his friends, he interfered with the prosecution--which was within his power, too). Trump has not done that. He has expressed his opinion that he thinks what has happened to these people is "very unfair." However, he has not stopped the special counsel from doing it. Archibald Cox had public support. Robert Mueller no longer does.

Godstud wrote:I don't know why my financial status has to be compared to Trump's but I know, without question, that I could have done a lot more with that much money, and not be considered a right pompous twat.

Trump is a pompous twat. So is the better part of the entire political establishment. Trump is only being called out for it by people who are worse than he is, but they cannot see that about themselves or each other. So they run on about how Trump is a twat as a bunch of twats themselves.

Godstud wrote:If you can't double your money inside of 7 years, you're doing something wrong.

Well, then we can take most of humanity and lump them into the idiot pool. Fucking poor people. They are clearly financially inept, and then blame all their problems on rich people who know what they are doing with money. Right? Fucking poor people want to raise taxes on rich people, because they are too retarded to make a little money, save some and then double it every 7 years.

Godstud wrote:Let's see Trump had 40 years and doesn't have about $15 billion? Only $3 billionish? Wow... he's pretty crappy at his business.

His own business is separate from his inheritance which he shares with his siblings and is in trust.
The majority DOES support the Muller investigation.

And you dodged my point totally blackjack21. All you ever post is to troll, to make irrelevant posts to derail and deflect. Pathetic
redcarpet wrote:And you dodged my point totally blackjack21. All you ever post is to troll, to make irrelevant posts to derail and deflect. Pathetic

That's the point, he's sealion and gaslighting you. He's a master at it, but luckily his bigotry is easily blatant, so his rhetoric falls apart. He just wants a race war, no more or less. I'm more worried about One Degree and Hindsite, who truly believe they aren't racist.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

@FiveofSwords If you think that science is mer[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]