Trump and Russiagate - Page 101 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
As Russia’s virtual war against the United States continues unabated with the midterm elections approaching, the State Department has yet to spend any of the $120 million it has been allocated since late 2016 to counter foreign efforts to meddle in elections or sow distrust in democracy. The delay is just one symptom of the largely passive response to the Russian interference by President Trump, who has made little if any public effort to rally the nation to confront Moscow and defend democratic institutions.

As alarming as this news is, it should come as no surprise, unfortunately. As Muller will hopefully detail soon, Trump is afraid of Russia, considering whatever they must have on him. And the only “qualification” Tillerson had for his appointment were his close ties to Russia through Exxon. Not only are these two men stunningly inept and unqualified for office, their actions - or lack of action- in this case
in refusing to defend the USA from a clearly defined threat from a hostile foreign power are, in essence, treasonous.
Last edited by jimjam on 05 Mar 2018 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
Huuuum. I understand Mueller's checking Trump's tax records so it could open a door. This will make a heck of a read. Or movie.

Wonder if Alex Baldwin will play Trump :lol:
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:Huuuum. I understand Mueller's checking Trump's tax records so it could open a door. This will make a heck of a read. Or movie.

Wonder if Alex Baldwin will play Trump :lol:

That would have to be a comedy. Mueller got an IRS employee on his team very early in the investigation, so apparently, tax evasion was on the mind of Mueller in the very beginning. I pointed that out months ago.
By jimjam
Trump is so deep in the pockets of the Russians that he knows better than to do anything that would truly rile Putin - the sanctions bill will certainly not be signed. He didn't respond to Putin's simulation showing Russia has the weaponry to destroy Florida and isn't the least bit concerned with the Russians meddling in our elections. He whines about the Democrats not clapping during his State of the Union Address as being treasonous. Could anything be more hypocritical given his adoration of Putin. Trump is not abiding by the oath of his office; it is well past time that he be impeached.
Mueller is now investigating UAE contributions to Trump's presidential campaign? Meanwhile further south in Saudi Arabia...

What a joke. Nobody of consequence is taking this seriously anymore. Only the fantasy media, leftist establishment and a handful of SJW's on the internet. 2 scoops, 2 genders, 2 terms.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Trump is so deep in the pockets of the Russians that he knows better than to do anything that would truly rile Putin - the sanctions bill will certainly not be signed. He didn't respond to Putin's simulation showing Russia has the weaponry to destroy Florida and isn't the least bit concerned with the Russians meddling in our elections. He whines about the Democrats not clapping during his State of the Union Address as being treasonous. Could anything be more hypocritical given his adoration of Putin. Trump is not abiding by the oath of his office; it is well past time that he be impeached.

That's a really stupid argument for impeachment.
I bet even Maxine Waters could do better than that.
jimjam wrote:As Russia’s virtual war against the United States continues unabated with the midterm elections approaching, the State Department has yet to spend any of the $120 million it has been allocated since late 2016 to counter foreign efforts to meddle in elections or sow distrust in democracy. The delay is just one symptom of the largely passive response to the Russian interference by President Trump, who has made little if any public effort to rally the nation to confront Moscow and defend democratic institutions.

Whereas, there is no Russian invasion of the United States, we have millions of illegal aliens who the Democrats are trying to register to vote. That's where the real interference in America's elections begins and ends. I don't think $120M would be enough to stop it. However, I think you'd have to blame Rex Tillerson for that. He's been rather quiet lately.

jimjam wrote:As Muller will hopefully detail soon, Trump is afraid of Russia, considering whatever they must have on him.

Clearly, the people who exhibit the behavior that they are being blackmailed are people who are afraid of prosecuting the Clintons for their obvious criminal behavior. Comey broke the law in leaking his FBI memos with the express purpose of getting an independent counsel appointed. Why hasn't he been prosecuted for violating the law yet?

jimjam wrote:Not only are these two men stunningly inept and unqualified for office, their actions - or lack of action- in this case
in refusing to defend the USA from a clearly defined threat from a hostile foreign power are, in essence, treasonous.

The only way it can be treasonous is if Congress declares war on Russia, or if the president designates Russia a hostile power. I don't think I need to open a civics course here, but the president of the United States runs American foreign policy. So he is making that determination.

Igor Antunov wrote:Mueller is now investigating UAE contributions to Trump's presidential campaign?

And I always thought they were Arabs. They're Russians disguised as Arabs? Who knew? :eek:
jimjam wrote:Trump is so deep in the pockets of the Russians that he knows better than to do anything that would truly rile Putin - the sanctions bill will certainly not be signed. He didn't respond to Putin's simulation showing Russia has the weaponry to destroy Florida and isn't the least bit concerned with the Russians meddling in our elections. He whines about the Democrats not clapping during his State of the Union Address as being treasonous. Could anything be more hypocritical given his adoration of Putin. Trump is not abiding by the oath of his office; it is well past time that he be impeached.

Agreed. He could score no end of support if he hammered the Russians. He's been allowed $120,000,000.00 to ward off the Rssians, but hasn't spent a dime. His first job is to protect the people, which he could do. Negligence trumps . Impeach him.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:The only way it can be treasonous is if Congress declares war on Russia, or if the president designates Russia a hostile power. I don't think I need to open a civics course here, but the president of the United States runs American foreign policy. So he is making that determination.

Whoops ...... there I go again. I certainly should know by now that if Donald makes a "determination" that is the end of the story. No independent thinking required. I should also know that treasonous behavior is literally not possible until Congress declares that an official war exists or if Donald decides Russia is a hostile power. (let's see, isn't it oxymoronic to think that a person engaging in treasonous behavior is not really engaging in treasonous behavior until he himself declares his behavior to be treasonous? :?: ) I should also know that Russia is really our BFF, videos shown by their President of Russian nukes raining down on Florida is certainly not something a hostile power would do :eek: .

In addition to saying unfounded and stupid things, trump’s administration has scrubbed federal websites of factual data. It’s gone, as if it never existed. A culture of people across the board who pride themselves on truth and knowledge is what we need to become. Being derogatory towards those who are not that may not get us there -- but, neither will being tolerant of ignorance get us there either. Signs of people breaking that mold are starting to show up.
By Hindsite
blackjack21 wrote:Comey broke the law in leaking his FBI memos with the express purpose of getting an independent counsel appointed. Why hasn't he been prosecuted for violating the law yet?

Because the so-called independent counsel or special prosecutor is his friend.

They’ve been described as law enforcement twins and “brothers in arms.”

“Just years apart in the 1990s, they both gave up their top-tier private law firm jobs to return to the trenches of prosecuting criminals — Mueller as a junior prosecutor in Washington, DC, and Comey in Richmond, Virginia,” Washingtonian reports. “Both men were rising stars mentored and guided by Eric Holder in the 1990s during Holder’s time in the Justice Department under the Clinton administration.”

Their relationship was made stronger during an incident in 2004. At the time, the Los Angeles Times reported, Comey, Mueller and a number of other law enforcement officials were on the verge of resigning in opposition to a Bush administration plan to reauthorize a domestic surveillance program that was launched after the terror attacks of 9/11. President Bush eventually agreed to modify the secret program after both men jointly intervened — an experience that is suspected to have drawn them even closer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 94a99ae646

jimjam wrote:I certainly should know by now that if Donald makes a "determination" that is the end of the story. No independent thinking required.

Well, it's nice of you to acknowledge that the president sets foreign policy, not the Council on Foreign Relations, the Brookings Institution, etc.

jimjam wrote:I should also know that treasonous behavior is literally not possible until Congress declares that an official war exists or if Donald decides Russia is a hostile power.

You are coming along just fine now. Congress can impeach the president on their own motion. They don't need to conduct an investigation, listen to the advice of a special counsel or anything like that. They can simply say, "We think the president is colluding with Russia against the interests of the United States. Therefore, we impeach him."

jimjam wrote:(let's see, isn't it oxymoronic to think that a person engaging in treasonous behavior is not really engaging in treasonous behavior until he himself declares his behavior to be treasonous? :?: )

No. An oxymoron is a statement that on its face tends to be false. For example, "reasonable attorney's fees" is an oxymoronic statement. That is why we have a separate process for impeachment that has nothing to do with convictions for a regular crime.

jimjam wrote:I should also know that Russia is really our BFF, videos shown by their President of Russian nukes raining down on Florida is certainly not something a hostile power would do :eek: .

Your powers of observation are noted. It should be clear then that if Russia's leaders are bragging--in an absurd way with their Mach 20 missiles--about hitting the United States, then Putin and Trump aren't bed buddies at all.

jimjam wrote:In addition to saying unfounded and stupid things, trump’s administration has scrubbed federal websites of factual data. It’s gone, as if it never existed.

Can you elaborate?

Hindsite wrote:Because the so-called independent counsel or special prosecutor is his friend.

I wasn't limiting the scope of my commentary to Mueller. Rather, the apparent hypocrisy of the FBI and DOJ. I think it would be fairly easy to prosecute these people given their actions and statements under oath. The fact that it hasn't been done suggests that they have some sort of non-disclosed immunity agreement in place. I would argue that is probably the case with the Clintons too, because they generally seem to have contempt for the law. In order to restore confidence in public institutions, these agreements need to be exposed and people like the Clintons and Comey need to be publicly shamed for abusing such protections. Their actions clearly are not within the intended scope of what the state offered, even if they are within the black letter of the law with respect to such agreements if they do in fact exist.

We generally do not hear too much about anomalies involving how laws apply to these public officials that is material and relevant. Early in the Trump administration, one of the interesting gripes was that Trump had hired a bunch of extraordinarily wealthy people who would have to divest their interests or direct control of their interests. A consideration for the loss of opportunity is that they get a waiver on capital gains. It's interesting that we don't hear about that when the Democrats or establishment Republicans get that special treatment. It's only when outsiders to the establishment get that kind of treatment that we even hear complaints, usually from people like jimjam who don't seem to complain when it is the Clintons getting that kind of treatment.

Some of the political hay made, in my opinion, is a bunch of bullshit. For example, Gary Cohn just left his position at the White House. The media and others will try to generate the story that Cohn doesn't like Trump's position on tariffs, which is plausible. However, people like Cohn generally don't leave high paying government positions that wield a lot of power unless they are going somewhere more lucrative, which is certainly the case with Cohn. So why would Cohn come on board and only stay a little over a year? That's probably the statutory duration he needed to get a huge break in capital gains and other tax breaks for taking a public position that required him to divest. For guys like Cohn, that can be worth millions--maybe tens of millions.

To attract talent, I have to assume that there must be some prosecutorial immunity in place that has some wide ranging coverage, but not completely plenary. For example, it is a crime for Comey to take classified FBI documents and leak them to the press. In fact, it's a felony. I don't think Comey will be prosecuted. I don't believe it is because Comey and Mueller have some steamy homosexual love affair like that depicted--potentially contrived--in texts between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. If a common sailor gets a year in prison for taking a selfie in a submarine engine room, Hillary Clinton should be facing 20 years. Yet, Comey tells the truth under oath about leaking classified information to the press. If he lied about that exchange, then he would be subject to prosecution. That is why I think people are making hay about Comey telling Congress that the dossier was salacious and unverified, but he used it in a FISA application anyway. There is simply no fucking way a low level FBI functionary could get away with something like that so boldly. Comey all but said to Congress, "Yeah, I broke the law. Fuck you. What are you going to do about it? I've got my 'get out of jail free' card right here."

When I was a Republican, I knew that the charges against Tom Delay were totally false and politically motivated. I knew he would eventually be exonerated. Yet, people I argued with in those times really thought he was guilty, because he was a Republican. Now, I would concede that the monetary exchanges taking place strain the bounds of ethics, but he was within the law--Bill Clinton is the same way with the Clinton Foundation, which is far shadier than anything Tom Delay ever did. Yet, I also knew that other Republicans were guilty, like Randy "Duke" Cunningham. He was a great American, and he ended up selling his seat and vote in Congress. I'm saddened to see something like that, but we do have to keep them honest. Jack Abramoff was simply a crook. He got what he deserved. With the Clintons, they just don't seem to give a fuck about the law at all or the public appearance of double standards. People like the Clintons, Comey, et. al. are not really serving the interest of the state. I would argue that their actions render the non-prosecution agreements, if they exist, unconscionable.

If you worked in intelligence, you already know that any sort of CIA style wet work is covered by those non-prosecution and non-extradition agreements, and some of those activities result in fatalities, serious injuries, and collateral damage.

Hindsite wrote:Their relationship was made stronger during an incident in 2004. At the time, the Los Angeles Times reported, Comey, Mueller and a number of other law enforcement officials were on the verge of resigning in opposition to a Bush administration plan to reauthorize a domestic surveillance program that was launched after the terror attacks of 9/11. President Bush eventually agreed to modify the secret program after both men jointly intervened — an experience that is suspected to have drawn them even closer.

Well, I think that is more than "friends." That is a political alliance.

When I was a Republican, I supported George W. Bush. I maxed out contributions for him, walked precincts... the whole deal. He had his hands full after 9/11. So he didn't exhibit the voyeuristic tendencies of Obama, and tended to punish those who misused surveillance powers. However, I do think he riled a lot of feathers within the establishment. Here's why. I think the UK's agreement to enter the Iraq War on the side of the US was conditioned upon the United States draining funds from US sources to the IRA anywhere in the world. It probably also included allowing British intelligence to operate in the United States to stem funding to the IRA. I distinctly remember William F. Buckley, Pat Buchanan and Ted Kennedy all being on the same side of the debate on surveillance, and the commonality was that they were all Irish Catholics. I remember of bunch of others being for it and suggesting it was bi-partisan, and noting that those saying that were all Jews. Naturally, when you point these anomalies out, you get called a bigot. Calling someone a racist, sexist, homophobe, xenophobe or otherwise seems to be the last refuge of a scoundrel these days.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:jimjam wrote:(let's see, isn't it oxymoronic to think that a person engaging in treasonous behavior is not really engaging in treasonous behavior until he himself declares his behavior to be treasonous? :?: )

No. An oxymoron is a statement that on its face tends to be false. For example, "reasonable attorney's fees" is an oxymoronic statement. That is why we have a separate process for impeachment that has nothing to do with convictions for a regular crime.

Webster sez: Oxymoron: a combination of contradictory or incongruous words (such as cruel kindness); broadly : something (such as a concept) that is made up of contradictory or incongruous elements

Hmmmm... seems to me that the idea that a person committing treason is not in fact committing treason unless he says he is committing treason is a concept made up of "incongruous elements".

But, then, it is Donald's M.O. to dazzle us with incongruous elements while, at the same time, fucking us up the ass. So, since both you and Donald never err (is this an oxymoron :lol: ?) I must concede the point.

I concede the rest of your points also since we are both obviously jerking each other off.

I might add that you and H.Site are an odd couple but clearly a match made in heaven.
After a 14 months investigation, the bipartisan House intelligence committee has found 'NO evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the 2016 election.' They did uncover links between the Clinton campaign, Russia and private Saudi Donors.

Very Fake News Lamestream Media crickets chirping already. Not a peep. :lol:

The social media shills have turned on their precious Mueller. He's REPUBLICAN Mueller now:

By Crantag
I tuned into CNN for a few minutes, and the Republicans closing their 'investigation' is all they were talking about, specifically in the context of what a farce this is. Crickets, huh?
Crantag wrote:I tuned into CNN for a few minutes, and the Republicans closing their 'investigation' is all they were talking about, specifically in the context of what a farce this is. Crickets, huh?

Is that what they fantasized it as being? They aren't even reporting real news.
By Crantag
Igor Antunov wrote:Is that what they fantasized it as being? They aren't even reporting real news.

Once more, I only really tuned in for a few minutes. It's not really so convenient to listen to CNN in China, so I don't get a lot of it nowadays.

One thing I have heard is lamenting over the corruption of what was supposedly 'an effective bipartisan congressional committee', e.g. the House Intelligence Committee; and additional lamenting over the fact that no one will likely ever take this Committee seriously again.

I question the premise, of it having ever been so worthwhile. I wouldn't trust Congress to form a successful bipartisan committee on the Art of Tying Shoelaces. The utter farcical nature of the committee's proceedings--though especially tainted by Trump's Republican enablers--is obvious to anyone, but the utterly biased.
By jimjam
Crantag wrote:I question the premise, of it having ever been so worthwhile. I wouldn't trust Congress to form a successful bipartisan committee on the Art of Tying Shoelaces.

A Republican congress investigating a Republican president :lol: ? As soon as this farce was announced I predicted the outcome. The overriding goal .....the only goal .... was to protect power. Anyone who thought otherwise was naïve or not very intelligent or, more likely, both.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]