Trump and Russiagate - Page 231 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hindsite wrote:"I actually don't think she's a talented person," the President said. "I've tried to be nice to her because I would've liked to have gotten some deals done. She's incapable of doing deals."

"She's a nasty, vindictive, horrible person," Trump added.

Trump called Pelosi a "terrible person" and a "disaster" and said he calls her "Nervous Nancy" "because she's a nervous wreck."

Trump is starting to get back into campaign mode, and he's gotten to be quite funny again. "Sadiq Khan--Stone Cold Loser," "Nervous Nancy" and "Sleepy Joe" are all funny. It was days ago, but "stone cold loser" makes me laugh days later. The dude is a comic genius.

On a more serious note, when Trump says something like "nasty, vindictive, horrible person," I think he's really speaking from the heart. His detractors think he lies about everything, like he must secretly admire Pelosi. I think he's being very candid in saying that he thinks she's pathetic on both a personal and professional level. It's the one thing I really like about Trump. The reason I like it is because it is true. Nobody else has the balls to say it.

I think she really is nervous. It's bizarre to have to look to people like Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity for what's happening in the world, but the mainstream media simply isn't reporting what they don't want you to hear. Take this from Rush Limbaugh: The Durham Investigation Is Widening.

Think about how many times I've pointed out that Glenn Simpson met with Natalia Veselnitskaya before and after meeting Trump Jr. I think team Trump figured out the big picture--that the establishment was going to create the perception of Russia collusion and then impeach Trump. It didn't work out the way they planned. Trump doesn't stay on defense forever. To counter punch something this big, he's fixing to fuck them like they've never been fucked before--and I'm not exaggerating for effect here. They have literally gotten away with this shit since the Nixon years. So the establishment never thought in a million years that they would get caught red handed and face the music, but that's in the works now.

There is no way that Trump Jr. would go looking for dirt on Hillary in Russia on his own initiative. So a Clinton donor set up the call. There is no fucking way that Veselnitskaya gets into the US without a visa, but with an immigration parole from the DoJ and meets with Fusion GPS' Glenn Simpson before and after meeting with Donald Trump Jr. without that being known in Loretta Lynch's office. There's no way that Nellie Ohr is working for Glenn Simpson and Bruce Ohr isn't intimately familiar with what's going on. There's no fucking way that Mueller hires Strzok, Ohr, et. al. and doesn't know their roles in derailing criminal charges against her and drumming up pure bullshit against Trump. It is now clear that the State Department warned the FBI in addition to Bruce Ohr that Steele was a partisan. They are putting this whole thing together piece by piece.

Joseph Mifsud: ‘evil’ professor baited me, says ex-Trump aide

All of the people fucked over by Mueller are going to be cooperating with the investigation against the establishment--even Cohen will be singing.

Justice Dept.: Review of Russia Probe 'Broad in Scope'
This is why Nancy is nervous. This is why there are people calling them to hurry up on impeaching Trump. They still think they have time left, but they're wrong. Now, they are investigating British and Australian intelligence involvement and the possibility that the US deep state requested help spying on Trump's campaign with the phony Russia narrative. The whole thing is going to blow up in their face in a big way. It will make Watergate look like child's play.

Trump is playing for the history books now, so I think he is going to fuck these people over like they have never been fucked before.
By Beren
blackjack21 wrote:Trump is starting to get back into campaign mode, and he's gotten to be quite funny again. "Sadiq Khan--Stone Cold Loser," "Nervous Nancy" and "Sleepy Joe" are all funny. It was days ago, but "stone cold loser" makes me laugh days later. The dude is a comic genius.

He could be a comic genius in a locker room perhaps, but calling names may not be up to the mark even there.
By Godstud
Name-calling, by politicians, is childish grade-school humour. We should hold our elected officials to higher standards than that. They're supposed to represent us, and not act like children.

Does a name-calling, childish, lying asshole represent you? If so, then you might just be part of the problem.
By BigSteve
Godstud wrote:Name-calling, by politicians, is childish grade-school humour. We should hold our elected officials to higher standards than that. They're supposed to represent us, and not act like children.

Does a name-calling, childish, lying asshole represent you? If so, then you might just be part of the problem.

I think it's cute how you and Beren completely ignored the important points laid out in BlackJack21's post.

Probably because you know he's right...
By Beren
BigSteve wrote:I think it's cute how you and Beren completely ignored the important points laid out in BlackJack21's post.

I responded to the first two lines only because I didn't even read the rest, probably because I know he's right anyway. :lol:
By Godstud
@BigSteve I commented on the point I thought was important. Trump's not funny. It's simply sad.

Trump might "speak from the heart", but I don't feel he has anything but his own best interests at heart. Trump first, then America a distant last place.
Beren wrote:He could be a comic genius in a locker room perhaps, but calling names may not be up to the mark even there.

I wasn't in a locker room when I laughed. The Queen of England seemed to be suppressing a smile all day too--no doubt she had a picture of Sadiq Khan in her head and Donald Trump calling him a "stone cold loser". To a lot of people, that's quite funny. Rush Limbaugh just made the point today that I have been making for a few years now, although he used Don Rickles where I used Rodney Dangerfield. You have been missing my point for years now. I have Rush Limbaugh tee'd up for you. It will only take two minutes of your time...then turn it off, because it will go on for hours. The text of it is below.

Rush Limbaugh wrote:Hang on. Do you know that Donald Trump is probably the first president in our lifetimes who has not used focus groups to figure out where to go, what to say, how to dress, where to vacation? I mean, the Clintons focus grouped. They focus grouped where to go on vacation. They focus grouped whether or not to go down to the Virgin Islands and pretend to be dancing in their swimsuits on the beach the week before the Lewinsky story came out.

They focus grouped everything. Trump doesn’t. And why not? Donald Trump has the ear and the sense of a successful insult comic. Donald Trump… There’s a strain of Don Rickles in Donald Trump, and this is one of the things the Democrats who keep talking about “our values” just can’t… Well, Republicans, too, some of them. They just can’t accept it. But Trump’s nicknames are not focus grouped. They’re improvised.

He thinks of this stuff on the fly.
It’s another reason people like Trump irritate traditional politicians. Traditional politicians, network news anchors, they don’t do anything that’s not on the teleprompter. Politicians and TV people have that in common. They don’t do a damn thing that’s not written for them on the prompter — and much of it tested, focus grouped, tested, run by lawyers or what have you. That’s not Trump. He’s improv.

He’s got a prompter at some of his speeches where the serious policy stuff is talked about, but he also goes “off prompter,” as we say, and starts improvising, ad-libbing. And that’s how he creates a bond with voters. It’s when he is real. Trump synthesizes his impressions into descriptions that are insightful, hilarious, and defining. He studies people. He captures their vibe. He captures their identity in a single nickname.

Another way to look at it: Trump is a branding genius. Normally it’s a source of pride of some famous guy comes along and gives you nickname. In Trump’s case, if you’re a Democrat and he gives you a nickname, it ain’t good because Trump is successfully branding you. “Make America Great Again” has aged excitedly well. (laughing) Oh, you want to hear something funny? Biden goes out yesterday in his speech where CNN said he was gonna “eviscerate” Trump.

British wry humor, cockney humor, etc.--a lot of people don't get it, and don't think it's funny at all. But to many Brits, it's hysterical. For Trump supporters, what he's saying is hysterical. You're just one of the people who doesn't get the joke.

Godstud wrote:Name-calling, by politicians, is childish grade-school humour.

Calling people "racist", "sexist", "homophobe", "xenophobe", "deplorable" and "irredeemable" is name calling Godstud. It doesn't matter whether you realize it or not. It's also not funny. It's not entertaining. It's negative. It puts people in the wrong mood. It's downright nasty and mean. So when Trump uses a term like "nasty woman," a lot of people are uneasy about that at first and it's an edgy comment. It's negative. Trump's negatives go up when he does something like that. To Trump, his negatives going up means "people heard EXACTLY what I said." Yet, Trump is making very calculated choices. Hillary Clinton ratified Trump calling her a "nasty woman" by her statement about his voters. That's Trump taking the low road. Calling her "crooked Hillary" is taking the high road, because it's comical. It's funny.

But there something deeper there. What Hillary said about Trump voters is how she really felt about them. That's Hillary Clinton being sincere. Trump tripped up Ted Cruz this way too when Cruz slammed all New Yorkers and their values. "That's a lot of voters you're talking about there." Trump knows exactly what he's doing.

Trump makes his remarks funny. It's core to his personality, and Limbaugh nails it above in noting that Trump does not need anyone else to do this for him. That's what makes Trump so lively compared to establishment politicians. They poll test their jokes. Trump doesn't. So that makes Trump seem sincere when you compare him to everyone else who's playing the scripted pol game.

Godstud wrote:We should hold our elected officials to higher standards than that.

You don't have elected officials. You live under a military government that reports to a monarchy.

Godstud wrote:They're supposed to represent us, and not act like children.

Trump doesn't represent you. You aren't an American. How do you use terms like "we" and "us" in this context? Are you forgetting who you are, your citizenship, where you are? It's a curious thing, because I never think to say Justin Trudeau should represent "us". I'm not Canadian.

BigSteve wrote:I think it's cute how you and Beren completely ignored the important points laid out in BlackJack21's post.

What's amazing to me is they couldn't see this years ago--even before Trump was elected. Within the first week of him announcing for president, I knew he was serious. People laughed at Ann Coulter well after I had Trump pegged. These guys have been completely wrong the whole time. You'd think they were a couple of global warming scientists they get it wrong so often.
By Godstud
I never said that Clinton's name-calling was any better. Trump just leads the charge.

blackjack21 wrote:You don't have elected officials. You live under a military government that reports to a monarchy.
Awww... you were doing so well there. I guess it's back to complete ignorance again, for you.

Canada's a Constitutional Monarchy. God you really aren't that well educated, are you? I vote in Canada. Tom Lukiwski is my local MP.

Thailand's a Constitutional Monarchy, as well,, but I don't vote here. My wife does. I thought you'd keep up with current events, but I guess you were too busy posting on Reddit. They had an election back in March.

Blackjack21 wrote:Trump doesn't represent you. You aren't an American. How do you use terms like "we" and "us" in this context? Are you forgetting who you are, your citizenship, where you are? It's a curious thing, because I never think to say Justin Trudeau should represent "us". I'm not Canadian.
I was speaking in the broader sense, about politicians in general. I thought you understood what a generalization was. I will try to be more precise, since I was under the impression I was dealing with a person of some education.

Would you like to fling more poo, @blackjack21, because you aren't making any argument?
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Would you like to fling more poo, @blackjack21, because you aren't making any argument?

Why do you want to fling poo?
Godstud wrote:Canada's a Constitutional Monarchy. God you really aren't that well educated, are you? I vote in Canada. Tom Lukiwski is my local MP.

I'm educated enough to see your problems with reading comprehension, because Canada doesn't have a recent history of military rule and Thailand does.

Godstud wrote:Thailand's a Constitutional Monarchy, as well,, but I don't vote here. My wife does. I thought you'd keep up with current events, but I guess you were too busy posting on Reddit. They had an election back in March.

I have never posted on Reddit. I'm glad you are happy with the election results.

Thai parliament elects ex military government chief Prayuth as PM
Thai election: Pro-military party likely to form government

Godstud wrote:I was speaking in the broader sense, about politicians in general. I thought you understood what a generalization was. I will try to be more precise, since I was under the impression I was dealing with a person of some education.

As a controlled form of ignorance, abstraction has its uses. Your generalization implies a lack of strong identity.

Godstud wrote:Would you like to fling more poo, @blackjack21, because you aren't making any argument?

I think it would be interesting to hear meaningful comments on the Russiagate topic and how it is now blowing up in the establishment's face in spectacular fashion. I thought Trump was being indecisive. He was just letting people speak so that they would hang themselves with their own words. For example, Sean Hannity tees up tape of James Comey bragging about sending agents over to talk to Flynn and bypassing the White House counsel's office, per custom; and, not informing Flynn that the reason for the interview was that they had made him the subject of a criminal investigation with the essentially unconstitutional Logan Act as the predicate:

When I see Hannity running Comey footage bragging about an intentional take down of Flynn for clearly political purposes, it tells me that Comey is likely going to face criminal charges. I don't think he will be the only one either. The audience chuckle following Comey's smart ass quip was funny back in December, but nobody is laughing now. These deep state actors are in serious trouble.
By Godstud
Blackjack21 wrote:I'm glad you are happy with the election results.
I don't get to vote, so why should I care that much? It doesn't influence the lives of most Thais, significantly, either. Your ignorance of Thai history shows, as well. Thais are used to this cycle, and though it isn't like USA's plutocracy, it's about the same level of Democracy.

Blackjack21 wrote:As a controlled form of ignorance, abstraction has its uses. Your generalization implies a lack of strong identity.
My generalization about politicians is completely fitting. Politicians are, after all, your representative.

Your identity must be pretty weak if you feel this overwhelming need to criticize my living location all the time. The jealousy is palpable. :lol: Grow the fuck up, and make a ridiculous bullshit argument that doesn't involve where someone else lives.
By Beren
blackjack21 wrote:I wasn't in a locker room when I laughed.

Maybe your mind is a locker room then.

blackjack21 wrote:The Queen of England seemed to be suppressing a smile all day too--no doubt she had a picture of Sadiq Khan in her head and Donald Trump calling him a "stone cold loser".

I'm sure that the Queen was so amused by Trump's great sense of humour and wittiness that since then she can't wait for him to post something uberfunny or uberwitty on Twitter and can't stop watching all his televised rallies he's done to catch up. :lol:
By Finfinder
Godstud wrote:Name-calling, by politicians, is childish grade-school humour. We should hold our elected officials to higher standards than that. They're supposed to represent us, and not act like children.

The problem is globalists like yourself thinking that political correctness amounts to much of any currency in obtaining the results that politicians promise their voters.
Godstud wrote:Your identity must be pretty weak if you feel this overwhelming need to criticize my living location all the time. The jealousy is palpable.

I work remote. I can work anywhere in the world. I choose California, because that is where my family and friends live. I do not, however, harbor any illusions about its serious challenges which you seem to with Canada. You might counter that California is the 7th largest economy in the world. I would remind you that it used to be the fifth. With Apple and Google its largest market cap businesses, and the entertainment capitol of the US, that slide has a great deal to do with the destruction of manufacturing, service and military contracting jobs. The social problems are primarily the result of illegal immigration, drug and alcohol abuse, and mental illness in that order. I chide you for your opinions on US politics, because you don't live here, aren't represented by our politicians, and you seem to have an almost ridiculous fixation on the United States and with an air to having some sort of superior understanding of the US given your physical proximity to it.

That said, your lack of commentary on the substantive comments I made suggests you are otherwise resting on your right to remain silent.

Godstud wrote:Politicians are, after all, your representative.

Establishment politicians in a democratic republic are proxies for the aristocracy/plutocracy. They generally are not representatives of the people, as the romantic notions of democracy would have you believe. In the United States and Western Europe, they started to become a class unto themselves, and very arrogant toward the masses for whom they were supposed to obtain consent to rule on behalf of the aristocracy/plutocracy, who actually rule. That is a more accurate description of the nature of government by the consent of the governed.

Trump became president, because that consent is being withdrawn by the masses, and it creates opportunities for people like Trump to aggregate more power to themselves. The establishment responded not with introspection about how they overstepped with mass migrations in the US and Europe, but rather with a contrived Russiagate scandal, which brings us to where we are today.

Beren wrote:Maybe your mind is a locker room then.

Try harder. That's insufficiently funny, mean, condescending or insightful.

Beren wrote:I'm sure that the Queen was so amused by Trump's great sense of humour and wittiness that since then she can't wait for him to post something uberfunny or uberwitty on Twitter and can't stop watching all his televised rallies he's done to catch up. :lol:

I rather doubt it. However, I'm sure she does not appreciate excessive demonstrations on state visits, where she is trying to hold up the regal standard while gutter snipes like Sadiq Khan are undermining her efforts, which at her age are undoubtedly a challenge. I don't think she's nearly as insouciant about the mass migration into the UK as her successor Charles. So I'm sure she found Trump's quip refreshingly funny in that context. I certainly did. Whenever I think of "stone cold loser," I will think of Sadiq Khan; and whenever I think of Sadiq Khan, I will think "stone cold loser" and laugh. Limbaugh has it right: Trump is a branding genius.
By Beren
blackjack21 wrote:Try harder.

Try harder what? To change your subtle taste in humour? I'm sure 'Prince of Whales' was also supposed to be an uberfunny piece of humour tweeted by the president, I guess you can't stop laughing and being amazed by his wittiness, the Queen must have enjoyed it much too.

This is something Albert used to do on PoFo. :roll:
Beren wrote:I'm sure 'Prince of Whales' was also supposed to be an uberfunny piece of humour tweeted by the president, I guess you can't stop laughing and being amazed by his wittiness, the Queen must have enjoyed it much too.

I don't think it's Trump's best work. I would have gone with "Prince of Wails." If we're reduced to a game of playing "read the Queen's mind," I would speculate that his failed marriage to Diana, her death with Dodi Fayed, Charles' dabbling with Islamic dress and the like, his penchant for left wing ideas and its attendant snobbery (its real appeal as a balm for his insecurities), and his marriage to a Catholic have all been significant enough strains on her that she remains Queen into her dotage, hoping his reign will be short and the Monarchy will be successfully passed on to William. Otherwise, she would have retired with Prince Phillip, much like Queen Beatrix has done in the Netherlands. That is to say, I don't think she would laugh at Trump's "Prince of Whales" quip, but rather more feel somewhat hurt by it because he is her first born son and deep down inside she doesn't think Charles is quite fit for his imminent role; and he, like Sadiq Khan, reminds her of a once great nation that has gone sideways at the end of her reign, which makes her feel sadly like she's somehow to blame for what has become of Britain.

Do you have anymore thoughts on Russiagate, or like Godstud are you also resting on your right to remain silent?
By Beren
blackjack21 wrote:I don't think it's Trump's best work.

Sure, Trump's best work may have been when he was parodying the disability of a disabled person. It made him a real classic.

blackjack21 wrote:Do you have anymore thoughts on Russiagate...?

Do I have any more thoughts on it than I've expressed so far? No, I don't.
By jimjam
Things Obese Donald has put forth as okay behavior: mocking disabled, adultery, sleeping with porn stars, calling people names, sexualizing your daughter, hitting on married women, lying about finances, trying to cheat your siblings, bragging, weaponizing bankruptcy, bulling people, lawsuits until little guy goes broke, racism, sexism, and ageism.

The latest? Foreign governments interfering in American elections is no different from having tea with the Queen of England. :eek:
By Godstud
@blackjack21, I live where I wish to, as well, and Thailand just happens to be where my family is. My businesses are in Thailand and in Canada. I have family in Thailand, Canada and the UK. If you can't get past that and argue points like an adult, then you can piss right off. :peace:

I am not going to cherry pick every sentence, like you do, to argue the finer points of things I was not even discussing. Address what I say, and if you don't understand what I am saying then ask for some clarification. I am assuming you have a reasonable level of education in the English language. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

You aren't arguing points because you are too busy being hung up, for some totally fucked up reason, on where I choose to live. You can choose to dismiss what I say because of where I live, but then I can do the same to you, on that ridiculously ignorant basis. Why don't you find a different way to look silly?

Your assumptions about what I think about Russiagate, something I haven't posted much on atall, are, for the most part, incorrect. My dislike for Trump is based on his actions and what he's said, and nothing else. I know you're a huge fan of his, so we disagree on his worth as a human being. That's fine.

jimjam wrote:Things Obese Donald has put forth as okay behavior: mocking disabled, adultery, sleeping with porn stars, calling people names, sexualizing your daughter, hitting on married women, lying about finances, trying to cheat your siblings, bragging, weaponizing bankruptcy, bulling people, lawsuits until little guy goes broke, racism, sexism, and ageism.
Trump is representative of all Americans. Politicians are a reflection of the people they serve. They epitomize the qualities you want in a leader. Good luck, America.

It's not just Mapuche, there are other indigenous[…]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]

What confuses me much more is the question what t[…]

I said most. A psych prof once said that a colleg[…]