Trump and Russiagate - Page 59 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Doesn't matter to me. You're the one who had to foot the bill for the presidential healthcare, pension, security, library etc for an admitted criminal for 25 years or so.
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:Doesn't matter to me. You're the one who had to foot the bill for the presidential healthcare, pension, security, library etc for an admitted criminal for 25 years or so.

Nixon never admitted to any crime. He just resigned rather than take the nation through the evil process of impeachment.

Other than the fact that he tried to cover for a few corrupt people within his administration, Nixon was a great President. Nixon signed into law the Equal Rights Amendment ending segregation and new anti-crime laws. He set up the Council on Environmental Quality to give recognition to the problems of pollution and consumption. He implemented a broad environmental program (he is largely responsible for the Environmental Protection Agency).

Nixon started the process of ending the Cold War, because during visits in 1972 to Beijing and Moscow, he reduced tensions with China and the U.S.S.R. His summit meetings with Russian leader Leonid I. Brezhnev produced a treaty to limit strategic nuclear weapons. His encounters with China opened them up to the world economy.

In January 1973, he announced an accord with North Vietnam to end American involvement in Indochina. And later he ended the peace-time draft.

In 1974, his Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, negotiated disengagement agreements between Israel and its opponents, Egypt and Syria.

Nixon established a revenue-sharing program that restored a measure of balance to the State-Federal relationship. He cut back on many of the wasteful programs of LBJ's "Great Society" that had been squandering the taxpayer's money. He recognized and fought against foreign oil price gouging, and he was the only President to achieve a balanced national budget between 1961 and 1998.

Just before he chose to resign, he proposed a federal health plan like Medicaid that any American could join by paying on a sliding scale based on income. Of course, it was never supported by the Democrats.
By 4cal
blackjack21 wrote:1) Voters are sophisticated enough to reject establishment politicians to tell the establishment that they can go fuck themselves.
2) They have the power to do that, which is the entire point of elections.

It's truly a wonderful thing that Hillary lost and won't accept any of the responsibility for her own defeat. She lost to a black man with no executive experience in 2008. She lost to a white man who had never held political office before in 2016. The bottom line is that people don't really like Hillary Clinton, and they don't care much for the establishment either. That's what happens when the establishment rules against the will of the American people.

It doesn't bode well for the establishment going forward. For example, Moore was removed from the Alabama Supreme court for defying a federal court order. That doesn't mean a thing to his voters. He is polling ahead of Strange in the run-off. They don't care about Trump or McConnell's support for Strange either. They prefer Moore, because he is a hardliner.

The establishment doesn't understand the American people anymore, just like the NFL doesn't understand it's fan base who now prefer to watch college games instead of the NFL's fucked up mindset.

That's not going to go over very well with a jury. They could simply knock on the door.

You poor soul. Trump is the establishment. You were swindled. Incompetence at the highest levels of government is a novel thing. You’re confusing his unorthodox methods (the incompetence) with some sort of strategy because you can’t tell the difference. In other words, you’re the perfect Trump supporter.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote: Of course, it was never supported by the Democrats.

The so called right gets to hate Clinton and Obama and the so called left gets to hate Trump with the unsurprising result that there is lots of hate to go around. Welcome to the 21st century.

In the current political and cultural environment, civility is going the way of the dinosaur. Our "leaders" now argue for the sake of argument, accuse for the sake of advantage, and seek to demonize those with opposing points of view. Consequently, public governance has become dysfunctional. But there was a time when civility and collegiality and teamwork were cherished American values. There was a time when leaders from opposing political parties were actually friends and tried without compromising their principles to work together in a bipartisan effort to promote the general welfare. One of the greatest exemplars of this civility was a United States Senator from Tennessee. For over forty years, he was a leader in the most contentious arenas in American life: courtrooms, political campaigns, the halls of Congress, and the White House. In all of these venues, he practiced the art of strategic civility that brought adversaries together, finding agreement often to their surprise. The Senator was Howard H. Baker, Jr. of Tennessee, and to this day, he remains a role model of what strategic civility can accomplish.
By 4cal
Stormsmith wrote:@Hindsite

Nixon was pardoned by by Gerald Ford, not impeached

I don’t understand the reference either. I’ve given up trying to figure out what hind-end is talking about. Nixon was the VP of the US for 8 years before he became President. Trump wasn’t in office at any level for 8 minutes before seeking the Presidency.
Hindsite wrote:Nixon never admitted to any crime. He just resigned rather than take the nation through the evil process of impeachment.

Wrong again. By definition taking the pardon is admission of guilt. Kinda like a tautology.

@4cal
Hindsight is right about Nixon quitting. Two minutes later, Ford pardoned Nixon. Nixon accepted it, it's been postulate, to protect his benefits, but he did accept it.
By Beren
4cal wrote:Nixon was the VP of the US for 8 years before he became President. Trump wasn’t in office at any level for 8 minutes before seeking the Presidency.

That's why he got elected basically, because it's supposed to mean he's not part of the establishment or even anti-establishment, whereas the Clintons have a long history as members of the political elite. Even his incompetence proves that Trump is anti-establishment. :lol:
By 4cal
Stormsmith wrote:Wrong again. By definition taking the pardon is admission of guilt. Kinda like a tautology.

@4cal
Hindsight is right about Nixon quitting. Two minutes later, Ford pardoned Nixon. Nixon accepted it, it's been postulate, to protect his benefits, but he did accept it.

Nixon’s episode has no semblance to Trump’s multiple scandals.
By 4cal
Beren wrote:That's why he got elected basically, because it's supposed to mean he's not part of the establishment or even anti-establishment, whereas the Clintons have a long history as members of the political elite. Even his incompetence proves that Trump is anti-establishment. :lol:

Incompetence proves he’s incompetent. Nothing more or less. Persons are not inherently born with the skills to be a successful President.
By Zagadka
Finfinder wrote:It was a bad day for the never Trumper's.

We're just reeling from the Mother Of All Rallies.

I'm hearing crickets chirping on the fact that Trump was wire tapped.

Firstly, no, he wasn't. Manafort was as part of an ongoing investigation. The target was never Trump. Trump's claim that Obama had Trump Tower wiretapped is still just fantasy.

"US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election, sources tell CNN, an extraordinary step involving a high-ranking campaign official now at the center of the Russia meddling probe.

The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.

A secret order authorized by the court that handles the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) began after Manafort became the subject of an FBI investigation that began in 2014. It centered on work done by a group of Washington consulting firms for Ukraine's former ruling party, the sources told CNN."

Second, you have the Russia investigation to thank, so give it its due.

Third, if if had come to light that Obama ordered Trump wiretapped, I would be rightly outraged. Instead , I am mildly amused at how far you lot can bend to make something look true. I'm giving 8:1 odds on someone trying to say that the pictures of Trump's pitiful crowd at the MOAR was a liberal FAKE NEWS scheme using camera angles or something.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:The so called right gets to hate Clinton and Obama and the so called left gets to hate Trump with the unsurprising result that there is lots of hate to go around. Welcome to the 21st century.

In the current political and cultural environment, civility is going the way of the dinosaur. Our "leaders" now argue for the sake of argument, accuse for the sake of advantage, and seek to demonize those with opposing points of view. Consequently, public governance has become dysfunctional. But there was a time when civility and collegiality and teamwork were cherished American values. There was a time when leaders from opposing political parties were actually friends and tried without compromising their principles to work together in a bipartisan effort to promote the general welfare. One of the greatest exemplars of this civility was a United States Senator from Tennessee. For over forty years, he was a leader in the most contentious arenas in American life: courtrooms, political campaigns, the halls of Congress, and the White House. In all of these venues, he practiced the art of strategic civility that brought adversaries together, finding agreement often to their surprise. The Senator was Howard H. Baker, Jr. of Tennessee, and to this day, he remains a role model of what strategic civility can accomplish.

I don't hate Clinton and Obama, I just don't like these crooks and outright liars as my President. And I certainly don't agree with their political views.

I know of Howard Baker. He also tried to run for President, but wasn't popular enough to have much of a chance.

Zagadka wrote:We're just reeling from the Mother Of All Rallies.

Firstly, no, he wasn't. Manafort was as part of an ongoing investigation. The target was never Trump. Trump's claim that Obama had Trump Tower wiretapped is still just fantasy.

"US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election, sources tell CNN, an extraordinary step involving a high-ranking campaign official now at the center of the Russia meddling probe.

The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.

A secret order authorized by the court that handles the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) began after Manafort became the subject of an FBI investigation that began in 2014. It centered on work done by a group of Washington consulting firms for Ukraine's former ruling party, the sources told CNN."

Third, if if had come to light that Obama ordered Trump wiretapped, I would be rightly outraged. Instead , I am mildly amused at how far you lot can bend to make something look true. I'm giving 8:1 odds on someone trying to say that the pictures of Trump's pitiful crowd at the MOAR was a liberal FAKE NEWS scheme using camera angles or something.

Manafort lived in Trump Tower and often taliked to Trump, so it stands to reason the Trump must have also been caught talking to Manafort. This must have been what Trump was referring to. Maybe, it was not Obama personally that had him wiretapped or whatever they call it now, but it was Obama's FBI that did it.
By Finfinder
@Zagadka

your first is complete spin and you know it. It was Trump campaign manager in Trump Tower which would include conversations Trump had during a campaign for president.

Your Second
Proves you are spinning this, is Trump being investigated or not? Due process have you read any of this thread :lol: What kind if warrant was it ?

Zagadka wrote:

Sure you would be :roll: That is so hilarious you are off topic, and if not completely hilarious, hypocritical, this is a Russiagate thread with 59 pages of judge and jury. :lol: :
By Hindsite
Finfinder wrote:@Zagadka

your first is complete spin and you know it. It was Trump campaign manager in Trump Tower which would include conversations Trump had during a campaign for president.

Your Second
Proves you are spinning this, is Trump being investigated or not? Due process have you read any of this thread :lol: What kind if warrant was it ?

Sure you would be :roll: That is so hilarious you are off topic, and if not completely hilarious, hypocritical, this is a Russiagate thread with 59 pages of judge and jury. :lol: :

Who needs liberal FAKE News when we have Zagadka ?
By Zagadka
Finfinder wrote:your first is complete spin and you know it. It was Trump campaign manager in Trump Tower which would include conversations Trump had during a campaign for president.

Your Second
Proves you are spinning this, is Trump being investigated or not? Due process have you read any of this thread :lol: What kind if warrant was it ?[/quote]
The kind that never targeted Trump and started 2 years before he was a candidate?

I didn't bring it up. Dunno why you think it is hypocritical. Just because you can't think of yourself not being a partisan hack doesn't mean everyone else has to be.
By Finfinder
Zagadka wrote:Your Second

The kind that never targeted Trump and started 2 years before he was a candidate?
I didn't bring it up. Dunno why you think it is hypocritical. Just because you can't think of yourself not being a partisan hack doesn't mean everyone else has to be.[/quote]

Funny Clapper and Comey under oath have no recollection of any warrants.

Don't get your panties all waded up and name call because I pointed out your hypocrisy. BTW How is that Trump mega thread working out for you?
By Hindsite
Igor Antunov wrote:Why isn't this thread in conspiracy theories?

Because this conspiracy theory is actually being investigated by a special prosecutor and his big team of lawyers and IRS investigators. Otherwise, it should be in conspiracy theories.
By jimjam
Looks like Donald directed his fake news twit machine today at his Russia mess. Mueller must be getting close to draining the Trump Swamp.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The Russia hoax continues, now it's ads on Facebook. What about the totally biased and dishonest Media coverage in favor of Crooked Hillary?
6:44 AM - Sep 22, 2017

The president’s downplaying of Russian involvement in the 2016 election comes as Facebook provides congressional investigators with more than 3,000 advertisements Russia purchased during the campaign and reports that the special counsel’s investigation was focusing in part on the president himself.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So if they are disarming the Ukrainian army why i[…]

only vacation ? i think many of them moved (avoid[…]

The IDF did not raid the hospital until February 1[…]

Well that[']s the thing.. he was wrong A paper, […]