Trump and Russiagate - Page 77 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday declined to commit to being interviewed by the special counsel investigating whether his campaign colluded with Russia to sway the 2016 election, backing off a promise he made last year to talk to Robert S. Mueller III under oath.

“I’ll speak to attorneys,” Mr. Trump told reporters in the East Room during a news conference with Prime Minister Erna Solberg of Norway, when asked whether he would speak with Mr. Mueller without preconditions. “We’ll see what happens.”

The dodge was a marked change from last June, when Mr. Trump defended his firing of the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, denying that it was related to his handling of the Russia investigation, and said he would “100 percent” be willing to give a sworn statement to Mr. Mueller.
blackjack21 wrote:Concluding that Trump didn't collude with the Russians is a considerably different conclusion than assuming he's the font of innocence in all matters. It's reasonable to conclude that everybody can be convicted of some crime.

On the "Russiagate" conspiracy theory, the evidence points to it being generated by neoconservative actors with ties to the DNC, Hillary Clinton, et. al. SonofNewo has been pretty good on this:

George Papadopoulos and Dossier Questions that FBI Can't Answer (part 2)

See, if the FBI thought Papadopolous was compromised by Russia before the election in July of 2016, why didn't they warn the Trump campaign about him? If Papadopolous was the basis for starting their investigation in July of 2016, why didn't they bother to interview Papadopolous before late January 2017? Frankly, the story is falling apart. People want to argue that Trump Jr.'s meeting with Veselnitskaya says something about Trump Jr. However, Trump Jr. didn't propose the meeting. It was pitched to him on what we can reasonably say was false pretences. Veselnitskaya was only in the US, because Veselnitskaya got a rarely granted immigration parole from high up in the Justice Department (Loretta Lynch or one of her delegates) after her visa application was denied. Veselnitskaya met with FusionGPS before and after the meeting with Trump Jr. Ohr's wife was working for FusionGPS at the time and was part of the effort to generate the phony dossier and Ohr was on Mueller's team and trash talking Trump, and has since been demoted twice. FusionGPS has fought tooth and nail to prevent Congress from getting their banking records, which among other things will show that three members of the press have been paid by Fusion GPS--further illustrating collusion between the DNC and the press. Trump did fire Carter Page when the FBI indicated to Congress that Page had given speeches in Moscow. Yet, Trump was the nominee, so if they were briefing Trump on other national security matters, why not on this? They certainly briefed Congress. So on the surface, it seems that the Russiagate story is a massive DNC/deep state dirty trick.

Disliking a politician is one thing. Hoping a politician is investigated and charged based on dirty tricks and manufactured evidence suggests that your motives aren't exactly clean.

Mueller was "conned" into having Strzok and Ohr on his investigation, which is making Mueller look like a political hack. His staff includes people who donated to Hillary Clinton and represented the Clinton Foundation. Doesn't that sound like a conflict of interest to you?

Not only is this dirty tricks designed to throw shade on the Clinton Foundation by hobbling President Trump's ability to counter attack, it's also has the goal of forcing Trump into an Anti-Russian foreign policy, as you can see by the airstrike on the Syrian airbase and by the sale of Anti-Tank weapons to the Oligarchic Junta in Kiev.

Good to see you again Blackjack21, after my very long hiatus!
By colliric
jimjam wrote:The dodge was a marked change from last June, when Mr. Trump defended his firing of the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, denying that it was related to his handling of the Russia investigation, and said he would “100 percent” be willing to give a sworn statement to Mr. Mueller.

That's not a change at all. They're trying to ascertain whether or not it has been asked of him yet. They're not sure what's happening.

Mueller hasn't asked yet. You can't commit an exact answer if you don't know what the investigator wants yet. All you can say is "I'll talk to my lawyers(to see if there's any news)".

You can promise you will if the time comes, which Trump already did earlier, but he obviously interpreted this question from the Press as "do you know if it's happening"?
By Hindsite
annatar1914 wrote:Not only is this dirty tricks designed to throw shade on the Clinton Foundation by hobbling President Trump's ability to counter attack, it's also has the goal of forcing Trump into an Anti-Russian foreign policy, as you can see by the airstrike on the Syrian airbase and by the sale of Anti-Tank weapons to the Oligarchic Junta in Kiev.

Correct. The Clinton machine of the democrats are known for their dirty tricks and that includes the political MSM, which is infested with partisan liberal democrats.
Hindsite wrote:Correct. The Clinton machine of the democrats are known for their dirty tricks and that includes the political MSM, which is infested with partisan liberal democrats.

Sure, this is definitely true of the Liberal. However, I would suggest to you that this is a problem more endemic, due to the nature of the society that has been degenerating in this immorality for at least a couple centuries now. A society that doesn't allow such partisanship to begin with, by the elimination of political parties, is to be preferable IMO.
By Hong Wu
https://www.hannity.com/media-room/bomb ... paign/amp/

MSM is now reporting that the FISA warrant to spy on Trump was based upon the golden showers dossier. This explains why so many media entities, politicians and shills have gone all in with such a loser. They need it to be credible or else we have a Watergate scandal for Obama and Hillary. Problem is that you can't really fake something like this. It'll be a long, slow, painful fall and the shills will fight it every step of the way since we are post-consensus in America.

I personally could tell this was coming since Loretta Lynch's "blood and death in the streets" comment and I think any other sufficiently honest person could have as well but unfortunately for certain people, the soyboys didn't man up in sufficient numbers, real shocker there.
By jimjam
Bannon talking?
Get ready for a new diversion. Let's hope it is not North Korea.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Bannon talking?
Get ready for a new diversion. Let's hope it is not North Korea.

Correction. Bannon is not talking, at least not to Congress.
By jimjam
The FBI is investigating whether a top Russian banker with ties to the Kremlin illegally funneled money to the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump win the presidency.

FBI counterintelligence investigators have focused on the activities of Alexander Torshin, the deputy governor of Russia’s central bank who is known for his close relationships with both Russian President Vladimir Putin and the NRA.
So the fake news/Clinton investigation has yielded the revelation that Russians followed trump on twitter, and he liked some of their comments. Proof of collusion. :lol:

That is their strongest material after one year. I'd laugh more, but I must conserve my laughter. 2018 is going to get extra funny.
By foxdemon
jimjam wrote:The FBI is investigating whether a top Russian banker with ties to the Kremlin illegally funneled money to the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump win the presidency.

FBI counterintelligence investigators have focused on the activities of Alexander Torshin, the deputy governor of Russia’s central bank who is known for his close relationships with both Russian President Vladimir Putin and the NRA.

Ya well, I am on the edge of my seat. I’ve been eating so much pop corn watching this investigation that I am starting to get fat. I wish Mueller would hurry up.
By Hong Wu
This is actually interesting, not because of what it says about Trump (the NRA isn't Trump despite what some people might try to assert) but that the NRA's tone lately has been pretty dark. It was clear from Loretta Lynch's "blood and death in the streets" speech published by the DNC that powerful people in the DNC have broken some laws somewhere and we are seeing clear progress on this front. In the same vein though, maybe the reason the NRA has been so pissed lately is they know they took money from someone in the Russian government?
By Hong Wu
Zagadka wrote:You seem to be unable to differentiate between Trump the man and Trump the large group working as him. Trump himself needn't have done anything personally, if half of his staff has.

So I guess you can explain to us how the relationship between Trump's staff and the NRA's staff worked in the context of the NRA allegedly taking money from the Russian government? Even if this goes somewhere, there will be too many dots to connect. I guess though that the left hates the NRA strongly enough that they won't need evidence, God knows they haven't needed any lately.
By Sivad
Igor Antunov wrote:That is their strongest material after one year. I'd laugh more, but I must conserve my laughter. 2018 is going to get extra funny.

The Nunes memo is gonna be a sidesplitter.
By jimjam
foxdemon wrote:Ya well, I am on the edge of my seat. I’ve been eating so much pop corn watching this investigation that I am starting to get fat. I wish Mueller would hurry up.

Brilliant analysis ..... indicative of some really deep thinking. :eek:
"I wish Mueller would hurry up."

Wouldn't he be better off dragging it out even post-mid terms. Trump could be killing babies and eating them and the current congress would give him a pass on it.

On the other hand if he has something damaging to make public get it out mid October sometime.
By Hindsite
Igor Antunov wrote:So the fake news/Clinton investigation has yielded the revelation that Russians followed trump on twitter, and he liked some of their comments. Proof of collusion. :lol:

That is their strongest material after one year. I'd laugh more, but I must conserve my laughter. 2018 is going to get extra funny.

Maybe, Mueller should investigate if the Russians liked any of Trump's comments. That would be sure proof of collusion. :lol:
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:The FBI is investigating whether a top Russian banker with ties to the Kremlin illegally funneled money to the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump win the presidency.

I guess I should be nervous that they might start investigating me as part of a Trump/Russian collusion. I wonder if I should lawyer up.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

Thank goodness saner heads and science is prevaili[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]