Trump and Russiagate - Page 163 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14946883
blackjack21 wrote:Hiring exclusively Democrat partisans, including Peter Strzok and Bruce Ohr, and prosecuting people for things that have nothing to do with Russian collusion, along with a few Russians for window dressing at a cost of over $20M to the tax payer? Yes, even Trump detractors have to admit that Trump shows more professionalism than Mueller.


Image

I'm OK with spewing toxic waste into our air and water, making the rich richer and the poor poorer, alienating and marginalizing America in the world. My hopes for Donald are now limited to the hopefully not unrealistic one that the mental case refrain from popping off a few nukes before he exits the stage.
#14946891
jimjam wrote:I'm OK with spewing toxic waste into our air and water, making the rich richer and the poor poorer, alienating and marginalizing America in the world. My hopes for Donald are now limited to the hopefully not unrealistic one that the mental case refrain from popping off a few nukes before he exits the stage.

Well, only the Democrats have brought us that close to nuclear war and only a Democrat has set off a nuke, so I'm guessing he won't.
#14946892
Re:
Hiring exclusively Democrat partisans, including Peter Strzok and Bruce Ohr, and prosecuting people for things that have nothing to do with Russian collusion, along with a few Russians for window dressing at a cost of over $20M to the tax payer?

Well, well, well.... Manafort just caught up $45 million. Imagine what he'll squeeeeeeeeze out of the Trumpster. Maybe by the time Mueller's through draining the swamp you can afford to toss some money at health care for those poor kids in kennels
User avatar
By jimjam
#14947051
I see where some of our "Donald is as pure as the fresh driven snow" partisans are whining about the 11 months and $20 million cost of the Mueller investigation. I will rebut this with a variation of one of their over used tactics of basically "the Clintons are bigger pieces of shit than Trump …. therefore Donald can do whatever he wants".

The Clinton investigations lasted from January, 1994 when Special Prosecutor, Robert Fiske was hired until March, 2002 when Independent Counsel, Robert Ray concluded his work. In between Fiske and Ray was Ken Starr who was Independent Counsel from August, 1994 until September 1998. The Clinton investigations covered Whitewater-Resolution Trust Company-Madison Guaranty-Rose Law Firm; Vince Foster's suicide, "Travelgate," (Firing of White House Travel Office staff)"Filegate," (White House staffer Craig Livingston in possession of FBI files) Paula Jones' sexual harrassment lawsuit and President Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky. That's eight years worth of Clinton investigations.

All told, the Republican Congress spent almost $80 million (or $118.7 million adjusted for inflation) investigating Clinton’s administration.

>>>>>>>>>Hey, can I interest you in a $70,000,000,000 wall next to Mexico? :lol: or, how about a tax cut financed by a $1,500,000,000,000 increase to the federal deficit :eek: .
User avatar
By Crantag
#14947080
jimjam wrote:I see where some of our "Donald is as pure as the fresh driven snow" partisans are whining about the 11 months and $20 million cost of the Mueller investigation. I will rebut this with a variation of one of their over used tactics of basically "the Clintons are bigger pieces of shit than Trump …. therefore Donald can do whatever he wants".

The Clinton investigations lasted from January, 1994 when Special Prosecutor, Robert Fiske was hired until March, 2002 when Independent Counsel, Robert Ray concluded his work. In between Fiske and Ray was Ken Starr who was Independent Counsel from August, 1994 until September 1998. The Clinton investigations covered Whitewater-Resolution Trust Company-Madison Guaranty-Rose Law Firm; Vince Foster's suicide, "Travelgate," (Firing of White House Travel Office staff)"Filegate," (White House staffer Craig Livingston in possession of FBI files) Paula Jones' sexual harrassment lawsuit and President Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky. That's eight years worth of Clinton investigations.

All told, the Republican Congress spent almost $80 million (or $118.7 million adjusted for inflation) investigating Clinton’s administration.

>>>>>>>>>Hey, can I interest you in a $70,000,000,000 wall next to Mexico? :lol: or, how about a tax cut financed by a $1,500,000,000,000 increase to the federal deficit :eek: .

It's a beautiful twist how the bagging of Manafort turned the Muller investigation into a highly profitable enterprise.

I don't think that's what it's all about by any means, but as a destroyer of that particular talking point (the cost of the Muller investigation) it is quite tasty.
#14947197
Stormsmith wrote:Imagine what he'll squeeeeeeeeze out of the Trumpster.

Nothing.

Beren wrote:I'd rather focus on lobbyists and GRU agents, who are in the country legally.

They're too busy lining the establishment's pockets for that to happen.

jimjam wrote:All told, the Republican Congress spent almost $80 million (or $118.7 million adjusted for inflation) investigating Clinton’s administration.

Total waste of time and money. Obviously.

jimjam wrote: how about a tax cut financed by a $1,500,000,000,000 increase to the federal deficit :eek: .

I'll take it.
By Rich
#14947254
Red_Army wrote:I think Robert Mueller is a ghoulish pig. He was the director of the FBI and personally helped Dubya to bullshit our way into a war with Iraq that has yet to end.

The Sunni Shia conflict goes back over a thousand years. The Arab Kurdish conflict to at least the nineteen sixties. The removal of Saddam was utterly brilliant, humiliating Sunni Muslim bully boys the world over. Lefties thought that Iraqis would fight for Saddam, because in their pathetic imagination he was an anti imperialist hero.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14947281
blackjack21 wrote:I'll take it.


about 15 years ago I determined that I had acquired enough wealth/money to live the good life until I dropped dead. At that point I lost all interest in dancing to the dollar. I manage what I have but have no interest in wasting any more of my most valuable asset in this life, time, in groveling for more dollar bills. I even give money away to friends in need :eek: . How about you my friend? Will enough ever be enough?

I have always been fascinated by the absurd levels mortals will sink to as they worship at the alter of power/money. Your man Donald would call me a loser while he sits upon his gold toilet bowel awaiting his next B.M. :lol: .
#14947300
@Rich besides the couple million Iraqis who've died since the war, which I'm sure you don't care about: how does taking out a Sunni bully help us geopolitically? All our allies in the region are Sunni or pro-Sunni and all getting rid of Saddam did was empower Shia in Iraq. Just like the dumb neocons who started that war - you apparently have no idea what you're doing and just love imperialism for the dead brown people :lol:
#14947363
jimjam wrote:I even give money away to friends in need :eek: . How about you my friend?

I take people into my home when they have nowhere else to go. I get them to the doctor, and pay their doctor bill. If I don't think the doctor is doing a good enough job, a buy the previous version of medical texts from Halfpricebooks.com and start busting the doctor's balls. I get my charges to rehab, and let them use my miles for an airline flight. I let their kid stay in my guestroom and help with their homework. I feed them. Sure, I could just sell it all off, quit my job and move to Thailand and rant about the evils of Canada, but I still have a bit more fight in me. ;-)

jimjam wrote:Your man Donald would call me a loser while he sits upon his gold toilet bowel awaiting his next B.M. :lol: .

It depends upon what you say about him first. If you're nice to him, he'd say, "jimjam, what a great American. Tremendous guy." I wouldn't hold out much for the approval of politicians. Just make sure they are afraid of you. That's all that really matters.
User avatar
By Godstud
#14947382
Trump's guilty and only the assholes or very rich benefiting from his tax cuts think he isn't.

@blackjack21 You don't have to be a craven coward. Use my name if you want to take shots at me. I can more than defend myself against a racist bigot from CA who is infatuated with Trump.

I probably pay more taxes to Canada than you make in a year, so I can most definitely comment on Canada. :p
User avatar
By jimjam
#14947768
Nina L. Khrushcheva, a professor of international affairs at the New School and the great-granddaughter of the Soviet premier Nikita S. Khrushchev, said that what Russia pulled off, through creativity and sheer luck, would have been the envy of Mr. Putin’s predecessors: puncturing the American sense of superiority and insisting on Russia’s power and place in the world.

“This operation was to show the Americans — that you bastards are just as screwed up as the rest of us,” Professor Khrushcheva said. “Putin fulfilled the dream of every Soviet leader — to stick it to the United States. I think this will be studied by the K.G.B.’s successors for a very long time.”
#14947792
Godstud wrote:I probably pay more taxes to Canada than you make in a year, so I can most definitely comment on Canada. :p

Why would you be paying more than $200k to Canada each year when you are a non-resident? Are you some sort of property mogul like Donald Trump? I find it hard to believe you are making 7 figures a year, but okay. Whatever.

jimjam wrote:Nina L. Khrushcheva, a professor of international affairs at the New School and the great-granddaughter of the Soviet premier Nikita S. Khrushchev, said that what Russia pulled off, through creativity and sheer luck, would have been the envy of Mr. Putin’s predecessors: puncturing the American sense of superiority and insisting on Russia’s power and place in the world.

Indeed. Putin just has to keep his mouth shut while he is built up by the West as being incredibly capable and having almost God like powers. Who would have ever thought that possible?
#14947794
@blackjack21 Where I live is irrelevant if I am paying my Canadian taxes, but you seem to want to constantly infer that I can't comment on things because of where I live.

For an old guy, you sure make childish comments.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14947935
As Mr. Trump emerged in spring 2016 as the improbable favorite for the Republican nomination, the Russian operation accelerated on three fronts — the hacking and leaking of Democratic documents; massive fraud on Facebook and Twitter; and outreach to Trump campaign associates.

Consider 10 days in March. On March 15 of that year, Mr. Trump won five primaries, closing in on his party’s nomination, and crowed that he had become “the biggest political story anywhere in the world.” That same day in Moscow, a veteran hacker named Ivan Yermakov, a Russian military intelligence officer working for a secret outfit called Unit 26165, began probing the computer network of the Democratic National Committee. In St. Petersburg, shift workers posted on Facebook and Twitter at a feverish pace, posing as Americans and following instructions to attack Mrs. Clinton.

On March 21 in Washington, Mr. Trump announced his foreign policy team, a group of fringe figures whose advocacy of warmer relations with Russia ran counter to Republican orthodoxy. Meanwhile, Unit 26165 was poring over the bounty from a separate attack it had just carried out: 50,000 emails stolen from the Clinton campaign’s chairman.
#14948008
jimjam wrote:As Mr. Trump emerged in spring 2016 as the improbable favorite for the Republican nomination, the Russian operation accelerated on three fronts — the hacking and leaking of Democratic documents; massive fraud on Facebook and Twitter; and outreach to Trump campaign associates.

I told all of you in 2015 that he would be a major factor in the races. You all told me I was wrong. That doesn't mean that Trump was improbable. It means that you were wrong then and you are wrong now.

There was not a massive campaign on Facebook or Twitter. It was less than $10k in ads from what I understand. In races that spend hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars, only a few tunnel-visioned paranoiacs think that a targeted $10k ad campaign on a few social networks would tip an election. If politicians really believed that, the Russians would be the most sought after campaign managers in the world.

Instead, the Russians have gained an undeserved reputation for competence, because Democrats have such a total lack of introspection that they are unable to find any fault with themselves for losing an election they could have won easily if they were not trying to foist a shrill half-dead criminal witch on the public.

jimjam wrote:Consider 10 days in March. On March 15 of that year, Mr. Trump won five primaries, closing in on his party’s nomination, and crowed that he had become “the biggest political story anywhere in the world.”

Well he still is the biggest political story anywhere in the world. That's generally true of US presidents since the second world war. However, in Trump's case, the establishment candidate got "shlonged" by Trump. By the way, "Shlong" is Russian for hose.

jimjam wrote: That same day in Moscow, a veteran hacker named Ivan Yermakov, a Russian military intelligence officer working for a secret outfit called Unit 26165, began probing the computer network of the Democratic National Committee

(queue Twilight Zone music) And what are we supposed to make of that? With everything Trump does, there are 7B people somewhere else doing something else. What are the odds? By the way, this is just an allegation. It hasn't been proven in a court of law.

jimjam wrote:On March 21 in Washington, Mr. Trump announced his foreign policy team, a group of fringe figures whose advocacy of warmer relations with Russia ran counter to Republican orthodoxy.

You mean "neocon orthodoxy" don't you?

jimjam wrote:Meanwhile, Unit 26165 was poring over the bounty from a separate attack it had just carried out: 50,000 emails stolen from the Clinton campaign’s chairman.

Maybe. Maybe not. Someone got them and gave them to Wikileaks. What did the emails reveal? Basically, Clinton had contempt for the public. Her detractors already knew this. A small number of die hard Democrats came to realize that they were among the deplorable, which Wikileaks didn't have to leak to the public. Hillary got right up to a microphone and said it herself. Maybe, in some dark room somewhere, a bunch of Russians were hovered around a crystal ball saying words like, "racist", "sexist", "homophobe", "islamophobe", and "you name it". Then, at the same time, those words came out of Clinton's mouth.
Maybe Vladimir Putin had put these Russians up to this, and was sitting at his dacha in a smoking jacket watching Hillary on television and chuckling with a shot of vodka at his Rasputin-like wizardry.
By Sivad
#14948019
Rod Rosenstein Suggested Secretly Recording Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment

WASHINGTON — The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit.

Mr. Rosenstein made the remarks about secretly recording Mr. Trump and about the 25th Amendment in meetings and conversations with other Justice Department and F.B.I. officials. Several people described the episodes, insisting on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The people were briefed either on the events themselves or on memos written by F.B.I. officials, including Andrew G. McCabe, then the acting bureau director, that documented Mr. Rosenstein’s actions and comments.

None of Mr. Rosenstein’s proposals apparently came to fruition. It is not clear how determined he was about seeing them through, though he did tell Mr. McCabe that he might be able to persuade Attorney General Jeff Sessions and John F. Kelly, then the secretary of homeland security and now the White House chief of staff, to mount an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment.

But according to the others who described his comments, Mr. Rosenstein not only confirmed that he was serious about the idea but also followed up by suggesting that other F.B.I. officials who were interviewing to be the bureau’s director could also secretly record Mr. Trump.

Mr. Rosenstein also mentioned the possibility of wearing a wire on at least one other occasion, the people said, though they did not provide details.


Mr. Rosenstein then raised the idea of wearing a recording device, or “wire,” as he put it, to secretly tape the president when he visited the White House. One participant asked whether Mr. Rosenstein was serious, and he replied animatedly that he was.

If not him, then Mr. McCabe or other F.B.I. officials interviewing with Mr. Trump for the job could perhaps wear a wire or otherwise record the president, Mr. Rosenstein offered. White House officials never checked his phone when he arrived for meetings there, Mr. Rosenstein added, implying it would be easy to secretly record Mr. Trump.

At least two meetings took place on May 16 involving both Mr. McCabe and Mr. Rosenstein, the people familiar with the events of the day said. Mr. Rosenstein brought up the 25th Amendment during the first meeting of Justice Department officials, they said. He did not appear to talk about it at the second, according to a memo by one participant, Lisa Page, a lawyer who worked for Mr. McCabe at the time, that did not mention the topic.

Mr. Rosenstein’s suggestion about the 25th Amendment was similarly a sensitive topic. The amendment allows for the vice president and a majority of cabinet officials to declare the president is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/p ... dment.html
User avatar
By jimjam
#14948091
blackjack21 wrote:from what I understand

It has been proven conclusively that Russia interfered with an American election. Of course this will not have a trail leading directly to Donald that will stand up in a court of law. He's crazy, not stupid. What bothers me is that America was attacked by a foreign power. This apparently does not disturb you. You either disbelieve the evidence of a Russian attack or, if you buy it, you will say, "well, it was just a little attack. Look at what a bitch Hillary is, Bill and Obama also suck and we do it to others, won't stand up in court, fake news, deep state, the Mexicans are going to gettcha and Canada is our enemy ad infinitum" and lot's more irrelevant distractions many trotted around by your ringmaster of irrelevant distractions …. Donald.

The essence to me is that a foreign power attacked us and we damn well better make it clear to them that there are consequences.

You're happy because Donald is pissing off a status quo run by a pack of liars and scumbags. Well, we can agree on that but, looking ahead, I see a lot of poor people getting fucked and hurt in the long run. If they are lucky not by Donald popping off nukes. More likely by Don's self serving economic "policies" where he favors printing money like a drunken sailor simply to make himself look good. Shit, anybody can have a great economy when debt, debt and more debt is resorted to but guess what ….. it will end and when it does, that out of work truck driver in Oklahoma City may very well start chowing down oxycontins by the hand full.

Oh there I go. Vote for me and I will stay honest until the day I get elected :lol:
  • 1
  • 161
  • 162
  • 163
  • 164
  • 165
  • 252

December 6, Friday For two days Federals operat[…]

You’re a total savage Ter :lol:

Yes, I do find it ironic that the same people who[…]

The founders weren't afraid of Ukraine. They we[…]