SS Trump Hits Iceberg - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This story is important enough to require its own thread:

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

The meeting also was attended by Michael Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser.

Bush II's acting director of the CIA, John E. McLaughlin, noted this would be considered espionage, if committed by one of their employees.

I've always been very skeptical of the Russia-gate story. Trump's left hand couldn't collude with his right hand to tie his shoelace. And Trump has given the intelligence services plenty of reasons to hate his guts, particularly the counter-intel services*. No doubt they are the sources of the leaks to the Washington Post.

Nevertheless, the Trump Administration saw fit to do what they did. No use crying if Kushner, Flynn, Manafort, Stone, et al insist on handing their heads to the FBI on a silver platter.

*Career counter-intel officer Malcolm Nance: “As close to Benedict Arnold as we’re ever going to get.”
By jimjam
quetzalcoatl wrote:Trump has given the intelligence services plenty of reasons to hate his guts, particularly the counter-intel services*. No doubt they are the sources of the leaks to the Washington Post.

Mark Felt redux.

When I noticed how trump was pissing off the intelligence guys, I was waiting for this, and more, to happen. Those guys get paid to have the goods and ............ they know how to operate. Very unwise (downright dumb?) of Donald to mess with them.
Something odd, plenty odd, about the Kushner story. Kislyak was taken aback by the suggestion, and the Kremlin shot it down as an unacceptable security breach. Clearly Kushner wanted a back channel to the Russians, but one not accessible by US intelligence agencies - the question is why?

A Reuters report suggests it was all about funding the Trumps' personal business empire.

FBI investigators are examining whether Russians suggested to Kushner or other Trump aides that relaxing economic sanctions would allow Russian banks to offer financing to people with ties to Trump, said the current U.S. law enforcement official.

The head of Russian state-owned Vnesheconombank, Sergei Nikolaevich Gorkov, a trained intelligence officer whom Putin appointed, met Kushner at Trump Tower in December. The bank is under U.S. sanctions and was implicated in a 2015 espionage case in which one of its New York executives pleaded guilty to spying and was jailed.

This is all about access to millions of dollars in new credit - and credit is the lifeblood of any leveraged real estate empire. Kushner would have wanted this out of the public eye, as Gorkov's bank is under legal sanction.

No politics here. Just money.
By MB.
Looks like I was right about the Flynn-Kushner-Prince/devos axis. Someone had to be the bag man between Trump and the Russians. Looks like it was a corporate entity comprised of three individuals: Eric Prince, notorious mercenary and new imperialist, who established the channel. DIA analyst and double agent Flynn, who ran the shell company that laundered the money, and Trump son-in-law who porks Ivanka and provided the dirty money to Putin in exchange for the election winning Podesta and DNC leaks.
By Beren
quetzalcoatl wrote:No politics here. Just money.

Like politics and money could be separated. I'm sure though that the Trumps and the Russians had financial relations first, then it became political too.
By MadMonk
Where are the CIA when you need them? I know they technically are forbidden to operate inside of US, but just one exception for the greater good?

Political assassinations have never been their strong suit, orchestrating a coup on the other hand...
By Beren
MadMonk wrote:Where are the CIA when you need them? I know they technically are forbidden to operate inside of US, but just one exception for the greater good?

Political assassinations have never been their strong suit, orchestrating a coup on the other hand...

In my opinion the whole Intelligence Community is working on it.
By Potemkin
In my opinion the whole Intelligence Community is working on it.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the CIA orchestrated a Chile-stype coup d'etat in the USA? I can totally see Trump in the role of President Allende, holed up in the White House with an AK-47 as the US airforce strafe the building.... :lol:
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if the CIA orchestrated a Chile-stype coup d'etat in the USA? I can totally see Trump in the role of President Allende, holed up in the White House with an AK-47 as the US airforce strafe the building.... :lol:

The CIA orchestrated a coup d'etat in the USA once and it didn't look like that. I think they would catch Trump while playing golf in Mar-a-Lago.
By neopagan
Potemkin wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if the CIA orchestrated a Chile-stype coup d'etat in the USA? I can totally see Trump in the role of President Allende, holed up in the White House with an AK-47 as the US airforce strafe the building.... :lol:

Awesome? Funny? Are you 15?

Trump should face the Constitution and the Law.
By Potemkin
Awesome? Funny? Are you 15?

Actually, I'm 52, but I have a mental age of 15. Just like Lao Tzu, I'm an "old baby". ;)
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:I have a mental age of 15.

Like all the people who can imagine Trump as a revolutionary, whereas he's much more like the guy they hate.

However, they maybe only hate "liberalism" and "liberals".
Potemkin wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if the CIA orchestrated a Chile-stype coup d'etat in the USA? I can totally see Trump in the role of President Allende, holed up in the White House with an AK-47 as the US airforce strafe the building....
Yes it would. We totally need to persuade China to do that.
By MadMonk
MememyselfandIJK wrote:Yes it would. We totally need to persuade China to do that.

If a foreign country intervenes, Trump will be crowned GOD-EMPEROR FOR ALL ETERNITY!

Better leave this to the American Establishment (TM).
Beren wrote:The CIA orchestrated a coup d'etat in the USA once and it didn't look like that. I think they would catch Trump while playing golf in Mar-a-Lago.

That would be funny. They could say, "Mr. President, drop the golf club and come with us, now." :lol:
By Beren
MistyTiger wrote:That would be funny. They could say, "Mr. President, drop the golf club and come with us, now." :lol:

And Trump would answer they could pry it only from his cold, dead hands. :lol:

So do many other races and people. This genetic […]

Anti-war calls are increasingly being voiced aroun[…]

The other good thing that people may not remember,[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some l[…]